Stats: 3,194,893 members, 7,956,365 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:42 AM

World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver (21330 Views)

Top 10 Worst Jobs In 2015 / Top Nine Worst Jobs To Have Right Now In Nigeria / Top 9 Worst Jobs You Will Not Want To Do Right Now In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by dridowu: 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2014
Armpit sniffer Getting a whiff of BO may sound like the pits, but it’s all in a day’s work for Peta Jones. She works as a deodorant producer for Unilever in Australia, developing the Dove, Lynx and Impulse brands. A big part of her job is sniffing strangers’ armpits to check her products’ work. Peta said: “It was strange at first, but in a week it was fine.”
Crime-scene cleaners CSI may be a morbid hit with TV viewers, but there is nothing entertaining about cleaning up a crime scene after a death. Married couple Mike Nestved and Carmen Velazquez, above, clear up after bodies in Orlando, Florida – the worst being one in a hot caravan. Carmen said: “There are some things you can’t just Febreze.”
Crocodile trainer We’ve all worked with snappy colleagues, but putting your head in a crocodile’s mouth should attract danger money. Yet trainers at Pattaya Crocodile Farm, Thailand, get just £4 per day for their work. Another stunt involves kissing a giant croc on its nose.Ian Maclean, who filmed the show during a trip to the zoo, said: “One of the performers had his head crushed while locked in the jaws of a croc.” Mosquito bite victim Helge Zieler has a job that really sucks – letting himself get bitten by mosquitoes. Working in the Brazilian rainforest, he offered himself as bait so he could study the bugs’ behaviour. But despite once suffering a debilitating bout of malaria, he says: “The beauty of the rainforest far outweighs the thousands of mosquito bites.”
Pet food taster This is not just pet food – this is the ultimate in Marks & Spencer dog and cat cuisine. Every dish in the store’s luxury range has been tested by Simon Allison, above. He said: “I love my job – but draw the line at swallowing.” Simon chews gum after sittings to stop, er, dog breath.
Sewer diver We all think our job stinks from time to time, but it really does for Julio Cu Camara. He swims through sewers in Mexico City to clear blockages and repair pipes by hand. Julio, below, has notched up 1,400 dives in 30 years – each one lasting up to six hours in 7,500 miles of tunnels. He has to wear a 6.4 stone helmet and suit to protect him from the human, chemical and animal waste – and its stench. Julio has found horses, pigs, guns and “cigarette butts to car parts, furn­iture and fridges. You ask how it got there.” But of one thing he is certain: “The worst thing of all to find is a human.”
Watching grass grow If watching paint dry sounds too exhilarating, you could take a leaf out of Helen Southall’s book. The grass expert works at British Seed Houses in Lincoln, where her daily duties include counting out and planting 400 seed samples. Later, she goes through them blade by blade to monitor growth. Helen said: “People think that it’s strange when I tell them my job is to watch grass grow. “But it’s fascinating. I wouldn’t do anything else. It’s so rewarding to see a stretch of perfect grass.”
Whale snot collector “There she blows” may be the traditional cry for whale spotters but marine biologist Karina Acevedo-Whitehouse gives it a new meaning. She flies a remote-controlled helicopter fitted with a culture dish through the billows of mucus whales eject from their blowhole, above, then analyses it for viruses and bacteria. Karina, from the Zoological Society of London, says: “It can be quite dangerous.”

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/lifestyle/article/2000127535/world-s-worst-jobs-from-armpit-sniffer-to-sewer-diver?

Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by tilipia(m): 11:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
Orisirisi

Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by justi4jesu(f): 3:26am On Aug 04, 2014
How much are dey all paid cheesy

Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by nickz(m): 3:26am On Aug 04, 2014
cheesy armpit sniffer wadafuq!!.........won't mind cu nt or boobsie sniffer/watcher tho shocked grin grin
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by mstik(f): 3:27am On Aug 04, 2014
Hian! At least it's berra to do them than to be unemployed smiley

Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by BCSmith: 3:29am On Aug 04, 2014
jobs dey sha undecided

Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by fingard02k(m): 3:30am On Aug 04, 2014
is that what you call worst?

Anyway i just employed One damsel last week to be telling how my farts smell

Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by benukah(m): 3:31am On Aug 04, 2014
Are they available in naija?
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by Nobody: 3:35am On Aug 04, 2014
May be i should ask that too

Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by shadowwalker101: 3:36am On Aug 04, 2014
Kai see jobs
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by shadowwalker101: 3:36am On Aug 04, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Very bad jobs
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by rozayx5(m): 3:37am On Aug 04, 2014
now this is employment cheesy cheesy

Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by DaVinChiSam(m): 3:39am On Aug 04, 2014
Ojota refuse dump scavengers... But on a swerious note armpit snif-what!? If she does that here in Naija her nose will never remain the same again

Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by adekayo1234(m): 3:42am On Aug 04, 2014
you forgot to add the agberos
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by dapyd1(m): 3:47am On Aug 04, 2014
I don't see these jobs as 'worst'. Love it or hate it, these guys are in love with what they are doing. It all creative and fun to them.
In naija where 90% of workers (esp in Lagos), face hectic traffic everyday, don't even like their boss or even the job (just to pay the bills), and are always stressed everyday after work and God help you, you are in charge of domestic chores. Some even work on weekends. Now, that's the worst job in the world. THE JOB YOU LOATHE!

Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by Maxwell86(m): 3:48am On Aug 04, 2014
For me the worst job is ;

Patience's English Teacher....... grin grin grin

Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by datguru: 3:59am On Aug 04, 2014
Worst jobs ni
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by Litmuspaper(m): 4:03am On Aug 04, 2014
Armpit sniffer,,, huh?? Dayum! grin
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by tuffgongjo(m): 4:06am On Aug 04, 2014
I will rather remain unemployed than be a Crocodiles trainer,because that equates SUICIDE.
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by Chuukwudi(m): 4:07am On Aug 04, 2014
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by freecharles(m): 4:09am On Aug 04, 2014
mods, this kinda of thread with PICTURES already exist nah...bring something new to fp jhoor
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by DRealGeesam(m): 4:11am On Aug 04, 2014
Ebola doctors nko?

Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by Lucasbalo(m): 4:15am On Aug 04, 2014
mstik: Hian! At least it's berra to do them than to be unemployed smiley
Gbam.
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by Lucasbalo(m): 4:16am On Aug 04, 2014
DRealGeesam: Ebola doctors nko?
Good one.
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by GentleMimi: 4:23am On Aug 04, 2014
And to think some Nigerians would leave a well paying job or a lucrative business,just to travel ''abroad'' and carry out jobs that are even worse than the ones you listed up there. Anyway,at least it is legal. Abi?

Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by drered(m): 4:29am On Aug 04, 2014

Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by LMAyedun(m): 4:33am On Aug 04, 2014
tuffgongjo: I will rather remain unemployed than be a Crocodiles trainer,because that equates SUICIDE.
I will rather kill myself than commit Suicide. cheesy grin

Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by ichommy(m): 4:48am On Aug 04, 2014
Wild
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by dridowu: 4:51am On Aug 04, 2014
half a loaf is better than none
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by pricelessmr: 4:55am On Aug 04, 2014
Someone is got to do that job, not spirits.
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by Mucokey(m): 5:00am On Aug 04, 2014
@op
all this jamming u ve jam-packed up there, a bit of right spacing n formatting won't be among worst jobs oo
Re: World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver by Henrypraise: 5:30am On Aug 04, 2014
Cool jobs. Were ar dos cryin unemployment? Make una cum see jobs o

2015 In Retrospect: How I Balanced Blogging And My Full Time Job / How Do I Get A Job In Oil And Gas Company? / Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49