Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? (21059 Views)

A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA / Top Things That Take Your Monthly Salary Silently- Cotenant.com.ng / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by Sebastine1994(m): 12:12pm On May 15, 2021
My friend owns a restaurant, she pays her workers daily, she does not owe anyone of her workers. They are free to leave the job anytime. they pay daily contribution too.

My other friend owns a boutique. she pays her workers monthly, sometimes the amount would overwhelm her, she would owe her staff for months.

Considering the current situation of Nigeria and how most employers find it difficult to pay staff salary at once. don't you think we should scrap monthly salary and opt for weekly or daily salary?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by EmekaBlue(m): 12:23pm On May 15, 2021
If i collect daily salary or let me say daily wages na so i go dey chop am dey go like mtn call pay as u go.

So i think it's good for the payer and bad for the payee

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 15, 2021
Imagine paying your workers daily
And they could leave at anytime
You turnup the next day for work and your workers are all gone or 50percent of workers gone....that’s crazy

161 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by BruncleZuma: 1:00pm On May 15, 2021
grin grin grin grin

It depends on the organisation and your agreement with them. If your wages are high then a daily pay would be advisable, if it's not, just collect it at the end of the month.

If it's a legit organisation, your PAYE would be deducted from your income, which would suck if your take home is not big enough.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by seunny4lif(m): 1:00pm On May 15, 2021
Weekly pay here
Max 2 weeks

2 Likes

Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by johnwizey: 1:00pm On May 15, 2021
EDD weekly payment Na bomb abeg grin grin grin
Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by Ayblaize(m): 1:00pm On May 15, 2021
Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by greatiyk4u(m): 1:00pm On May 15, 2021
Egbele
Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by Remember1313: 1:00pm On May 15, 2021
Weekly pay will make sense. B4 d money go finish, another 1 is coming in Lexus es350 '08. 4.5m,

1 Like

Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by rex21: 1:00pm On May 15, 2021
The brunt of this issue rests on the receiver(employee)

An employer should be able to envisage what he'd make from his venture, thus project the amount to be paid as salary. Working with good business ethics and a sound itinerary, an employer shouldn't be concerned on how payments are made(monthly, weekly or daily). Whichever he decides will still produce the same figure at the end of the day when audits are done, thus the financial effect will be the same no matter the model he chooses.

Now on the part of the employee, his personality will determine how well/how much he can manage his stream of wages. Engaging in this daily contribution is certainly a wayout for a lot of people who do not know how to balance expenses and save.

Finally, life na trial by error there is no sure path. But my comment was made ceteris paribus

4 Likes

Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by LibertyRep: 1:01pm On May 15, 2021
This should be determined by the nature of the job.

Someone who runs a little eatery by the corner will most likely pay two or three assistants daily. Same thing for most unskilled laborers in construction sites.

Will a school pay the teachers daily?
Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by FREEMADNESS: 1:01pm On May 15, 2021
Na only u get friend wey own restaurant and boutique, which one you get

back to the topic

daily pay is ok for restaurant cox money must flow daily but boutique is not an everyday income so u don't expect me to be paying from my pocket everyday pending wen I make sales.

monthly salary Is still the best although I don't support salary work Cox it's slavery.

5 Likes

Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by Businesstools(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2021
Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by chukwuibuipob: 1:01pm On May 15, 2021
sad Monthly pay is ok.U chop daily pay as u earn.No plan to save.Nah to buy and chop

3 Likes

Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by DjHypno(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2021
Both pays either way.

Guys check out the hottest 9Ja/Southy Amapiano DJ mix trending everywhere.

Link on my signature

Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by GIANTPLUSHUB: 1:01pm On May 15, 2021
Anyone is okay. Whichever one is convenient and works well for the employer.
Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by mayskit4luv(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by Ecbatana: 1:01pm On May 15, 2021
As an astute business man, I lure them with loans then I deduct one-third of the salary every month.

4 Likes

Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by Dollywood(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2021
Weekly is the best, your life will be so comfortable. I get paid weekly so i can tell you it's a bliss. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by taretoofine(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2021
Daily sure pass
A wise guy would save and invest smartly

1 Like

Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by 234GT(m): 1:02pm On May 15, 2021
adonia12:
monthly tho

There is nothing like sure bet!!!
Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by kenniefawole(m): 1:02pm On May 15, 2021
Payment in dollars , check my signature for tips to get started
Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by ricsman(m): 1:02pm On May 15, 2021
Daily pay is ideal if workers are really available to employ; unskilled labour.
An entrepreneur that lack the saving abilities shouldn't employ people.
You can't let you best skilled workers go anyhow na.
Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by OraabSolar(m): 1:03pm On May 15, 2021
both, as far the business is healthy.

yoour boutique friend needs to work more on his/her accounts properly, ensure all sales are covered and recorded.

or probably the business cannot afford salaries for the numbers of staffs.

2 Likes

Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by Martinola(m): 1:03pm On May 15, 2021
I prefer monthly pay, but weekly is the best for me.
Daily pay is a no no for me, I wouldn't save a kobo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? by McGg: 1:03pm On May 15, 2021
It's better to have a daily income than monthly income that's why business men are always happy smiling to the bank on daily basis

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

11 Things To Do To Make 2019 A Better Year / What Made You Resign From A Job? / Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.