Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Did Native Africans Not Kiss When Expressing Love In Pre-colonial Times? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did Native Africans Not Kiss When Expressing Love In Pre-colonial Times? (691 Views)

Bride To-be Grabs Her Fiance's Butt In Pre-wedding Photo / How Do You Kiss? – When And How To Kiss For The First Time / 10 Reasons Why Guys Engage In Pre-marital Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Native Africans Not Kiss When Expressing Love In Pre-colonial Times? by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 04, 2014
It's so hard to imagine lovers or couples spending time together (cuddling, sleeping together, etc) without kissing.

I would think that this is instinctual....that Africans in pre-colonial times did not kiss as a precursor to making love is a little off from my modern point of view. I was trying to write a realistic love scene for an African epic story but it's hard to picture people just hugging and getting down to business without any precursor (kissing is the foundation of pre-intimacy).

Asides the romantic aspect of things, did mother not show maternal love to babies by pecking? Or were hugs as far as affectionate gestures went?

Opinions please. What were Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa words for "kiss," if any?
Re: Did Native Africans Not Kiss When Expressing Love In Pre-colonial Times? by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 04, 2014
They didn't

we only began it when we started watching the television

and that was not too long ago

1 Like

Re: Did Native Africans Not Kiss When Expressing Love In Pre-colonial Times? by tpia1: 6:53am On Aug 04, 2014
no they didnt.

and why so many kissing threads on nairaland at this time, during the ebola outbreak?

lord have mercy.
Re: Did Native Africans Not Kiss When Expressing Love In Pre-colonial Times? by Tallesty1(m): 6:53am On Aug 04, 2014
I don't think they did.
Re: Did Native Africans Not Kiss When Expressing Love In Pre-colonial Times? by ggrin(f): 7:22am On Aug 04, 2014
Yh they didsmiley ma grandma told me thatgrin
Re: Did Native Africans Not Kiss When Expressing Love In Pre-colonial Times? by Tymax(m): 8:24am On Aug 04, 2014
How I wish our ancestors recorded history with letters or glyphs.

So much is lost about our collective past as nigerians. sad
Re: Did Native Africans Not Kiss When Expressing Love In Pre-colonial Times? by Sijo01(f): 8:59am On Aug 04, 2014
I don't think they did.
imagin this scenario:- ....... Papa Obinna calls and tap Mama Obinna gently in the middle of the night in order not to wake the other children up and they get down to business immediately................ Am not even sure they did it during the day. It was a sacred act reseverd for late hours.

(1) (Reply)

Break Up / Popular Nairalander Brav0o Pics (expose) / A Question For Every Grown Men & Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.