Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Who Created The Devil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created The Devil? (818 Views)

Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? / Who Created God? / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Created The Devil? by Gombs(m): 9:43am On Aug 04, 2014
Well some folks say God did... but did He?
the bible recorded that all God created was good, everything He did was good. Who then created the devil?

Lucifer created the devil out of himself. just as God created every human being good, but He cant be responsible for how some folks turn out, eg He is NOT responsible for the Suicide bombers, Killers, thieves etc.
Re: Who Created The Devil? by AlfaSelltzer: 9:45am On Aug 04, 2014
Very correct! cool
Re: Who Created The Devil? by ejlee(m): 9:46am On Aug 04, 2014
wait i dey come make i ask GOOGLE
Re: Who Created The Devil? by Gombs(m): 9:47am On Aug 04, 2014
ejlee: wait i dey come make i ask GOOGLE

smiley
Re: Who Created The Devil? by honeric01(m): 10:14am On Aug 04, 2014
Gombs: Well some folks say God did... but did He?
the bible recorded that all God created was good, everything He did was good. Who then created the devil?

Lucifer created the devil out of himself. just as God created every human being good, but He cant be responsible for how some folks turn out, eg He is NOT responsible for the Suicide bombers, Killers, thieves etc.

But Angels have no mind of their own, they carry out God's will in heaven according to the bible, so where did the will to rebel and sin that came into the devil (Lucifer) come from?

Reference " The lord's prayer"

1 Like

Re: Who Created The Devil? by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 04, 2014
Don't you guys get tired of crucifying the innocent devil?
Re: Who Created The Devil? by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:22am On Aug 04, 2014
The human mind created the Devil just like it created 'God'.
Enough of the play on words people do in order to justify the existence of an imaginary God. What is the meaning of Lucifer created the devil?

3 Likes

Re: Who Created The Devil? by Wizemmanuel(m): 10:33am On Aug 04, 2014
Devil is the father of sin, because all sin began from the devil. For you to discover what happen in heaven you have to pray that God should reveal it to you so that you will know what make satan fell.
Re: Who Created The Devil? by honeric01(m): 10:37am On Aug 04, 2014
Wizemmanuel: Devil is the father of sin, because all sin began from the devil. For you to discover what happen in heaven you have to pray that God should reveal it to you so that you will know what make satan fell.

Where did the will to sin from the devil come from?
Re: Who Created The Devil? by Gombs(m): 10:40am On Aug 04, 2014
honeric01:

But Angels have no mind of their own, they carry out God's will in heaven according to the bible, so where did the will to rebel and sin that came into the devil (Lucifer) come from?

Reference " The lord's prayer"

Says? Oya show me for Bible. Thanks.

Let me sch u on angels' mind and mode of operation a lil bit, while u get busy searching the above in the Bible

Even though spiritual and immortal by nature, the human soul, in this life, depends in a very large measure on the human body for its operations.[size=20pt]All the Angels are endowed with intellect and free will. [/size]No pure spirit is conceivable without these natural faculties. The Angels are commonly called "minds," "intelligences" by theologians and philosophers. Dionysius calls them "celestial intelligences," "intellectual beings," "supercelestial beings," etc. Exalted knowledge and intelligence are the most outstanding qualities of an Angel according to human standards. Thus, in praising David's wisdom, the woman from Thecua could not find a similar intelligence here on earth and compared it to that of an Angelic mind: "Thou, my lord, O King, art wise, according to the wisdom of an Angel of God."
Re: Who Created The Devil? by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 04, 2014
Wizemmanuel: Devil is the father of sin, because all sin began from the devil. For you to discover what happen in heaven you have to pray that God should reveal it to you so that you will know what make satan fell.
According to Judeo-Christian mythology, YHWH, the Jewish god of war made the "devil" and evil. If the concept of the Jewish devil is the epitome of evil, then its existence is to be blamed on YHWH, its supposed Creator.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Isaiah 45 vs 7

1 Like

Re: Who Created The Devil? by honeric01(m): 10:42am On Aug 04, 2014
Gombs:

Says? Oya show me for Bible. Thanks.

Let me sch u on angels' mind and mode of operation a lil bit, while u get busy searching the above in the Bible

Even though spiritual and immortal by nature, the human soul, in this life, depends in a very large measure on the human body for its operations.[size=20pt]All the Angels are endowed with intellect and free will. [/size]No pure spirit is conceivable without these natural faculties. The Angels are commonly called "minds," "intelligences" by theologians and philosophers. Dionysius calls them "celestial intelligences," "intellectual beings," "supercelestial beings," etc. Exalted knowledge and intelligence are the most outstanding qualities of an Angel according to human standards. Thus, in praising David's wisdom, the woman from Thecua could not find a similar intelligence here on earth and compared it to that of an Angelic mind: "Thou, my lord, O King, art wise, according to the wisdom of an Angel of God."

Provide us biblical references before i even take your comment to heart...
Re: Who Created The Devil? by Gombs(m): 10:43am On Aug 04, 2014
Oduduwaboy: The human mind created the Devil just like it created 'God'.
Enough of the play on words people do in order to justify the existence of an imaginary God. What is the meaning of Lucifer created the devil?

Lucifer is his name, devil is what he became...now, leave me with my imaginations. cool
Re: Who Created The Devil? by Gombs(m): 10:45am On Aug 04, 2014
honeric01:

Provide us biblical references before i even take your comment to heart...

After you! U first made a claim.... now, oblige me smiley
Re: Who Created The Devil? by honeric01(m): 10:55am On Aug 04, 2014
Gombs:

After you! U first made a claim.... now, oblige me smiley

Matthew 6:9-13

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.[b]’

God's will is the only will done in heaven!

Now show us yours.
Re: Who Created The Devil? by Gombs(m): 11:05am On Aug 04, 2014
honeric01:

Matthew 6:9-13

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.[b]’

God's will is the only will done in heaven!

Now show us yours.

Heheheheheh, see scripture backup na. Ok o

Ok, if 1/3 of angels rebelled, how was that possible if they had no free will?

Angels are spiritual beings who have personalities that include emotions (Luke 2:13), intelligence (2 Corinthians 11:3), and wills (2 Timothy 2:26). Satan was an angel who was cast out of heaven along with many other angels who decided to follow him and chose to sin (2 Peter 2:4). In terms of free will, the Bible reveals this was an exercise of their ability to choose (Jude 1:6).

Some scholars believe there was a sort of “probation period” for the angels, similar to the time whenAdam and Evewere in the garden. Those angels who did not choose to sin and follow Satan have become the “elect” angels (1 Timothy 5:21), confirmed in holiness. These angels are also referred to as “holy angels” (Mark 8:38) and “holy ones” (Psalm89:5)

Now, would you humbly take it to heart as you said so that we can move on together? smiley
Re: Who Created The Devil? by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
Gombs:

Lucifer is his name, devil is what he became...now, leave me with my imaginations. cool

Ok. i don hear!
I recognize its not easy not to believe in a 'god' in this sometimes lonely world. I still believe Emperor Constantine to be one of most visionary leaders of all time. He legalised christianity by converting into it and thus began the march of 'Western' civilization .

1 Like

Re: Who Created The Devil? by Gombs(m): 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

Ok. i don hear!
I recognize its not easy not to believe in a 'god' in this sometimes lonely world. I still believe Emperor Constantine to be one of most visionary leaders of all time. He legalised christianity by converting into it and thus began the march of 'Western' civilization .

Yeah, whatever rocks ur boat bro!
Re: Who Created The Devil? by honeric01(m): 2:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
Gombs:

Heheheheheh, see scripture backup na. Ok o

Ok, if 1/3 of angels rebelled, how was that possible if they had no free will?

Angels are spiritual beings who have personalities that include emotions (Luke 2:13), intelligence (2 Corinthians 11:3), and wills (2 Timothy 2:26). Satan was an angel who was cast out of heaven along with many other angels who decided to follow him and chose to sin (2 Peter 2:4). In terms of free will, the Bible reveals this was an exercise of their ability to choose (Jude 1:6).

Some scholars believe there was a sort of “probation period” for the angels, similar to the time whenAdam and Evewere in the garden. Those angels who did not choose to sin and follow Satan have become the “elect” angels (1 Timothy 5:21), confirmed in holiness. These angels are also referred to as “holy angels” (Mark 8:38) and “holy ones” (Psalm89:5)

Now, would you humbly take it to heart as you said so that we can move on together? smiley

Yes, how did they rebel if they have no free will? then why did Jesus say "Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven"?

Are you saying Jesus lied about that?
If its God's will that's the only will done in heaven, who then gave Satan the "will" to sin?
All through the bible, has any Angel taken any decision different from that which was given by God to the angel?

Now, if Angels have will, where then did sin come from and who created the "sinful" will?
Re: Who Created The Devil? by Gombs(m): 3:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
honeric01:

Yes, how did they rebel if they have no free will? then why did Jesus say "Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven"?

Are you saying Jesus lied about that?
If its God's will that's the only will done in heaven, who then gave Satan the "will" to sin?
All through the bible, has any Angel taken any decision different from that which was given by God to the angel?

Now, if Angels have will, where then did sin come from and who created the "sinful" will?

i gave u verses as u requested, u said angels have no mind of theirs, i refuted the lie, gave you verses, and asked if they had no will like u said they dont, how were they able to rebel? now u still asking me who gave satan will? Sin is simply acting against God's will...now do the math and stop asking where then did sin come from and who created the "sinful" will?

but if u wanna belive they dont have will, fine...now give way for others to read and learn a thing or two, i have no time for redundancy. wink

1 Like

Re: Who Created The Devil? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
Everything in existence has its being in God whether directly or indirectly. Without God there will be nothing like good or bad deeds. If God does not exist, evil cannot exist. This is not saying that God is responsible for evil.

The ability to do wrong is a direct consequence of freewill. Without freewill, no one can do wrong. Freewill is good in itself and as such God did right to have granted us the freedom to choose but that freedom begets evil.
Re: Who Created The Devil? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
striktlymi: Everything in existence has its being in God whether directly or indirectly. Without God there will be nothing like good or bad deeds. If God does not exist, evil cannot exist. This is not saying that God is responsible for evil.

The ability to do wrong is a direct consequence of freewill. Without freewill, no one can do wrong. Freewill is good in itself and as such God did right to have granted us the freedom to choose but that freedom begets evil.
Blah blah blah.
Trying to exonerate your god.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Isaiah 45 vs 7
Re: Who Created The Devil? by honeric01(m): 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
Gombs:

i gave u verses as u requested, u said angels have no mind of theirs, i refuted the lie, gave you verses, and asked if they had no will like u said they dont, how were they able to rebel? now u still asking me who gave satan will? Sin is simply acting against God's will...now do the math and stop asking where then did sin come from and who created the "sinful" will?

but if u wanna belive they dont have will, fine...now give way for others to read and learn a thing or two, i have no time for redundancy. wink

The verses you gave never said anything about angels having will.. maybe i didn't see it, quote the verse that says they do have will to decide on their own.. at least i am here to see biblical evidence of angels being given the power to decide/choose irrespective of it being against that of God or not.

The lord's prayer says only God's will is done in heaven and nothing else, no angel is expected to work against his will.
Re: Who Created The Devil? by macof(m): 4:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
striktlymi: Everything in existence has its being in God whether directly or indirectly. Without God there will be nothing like good or bad deeds. If God does not exist, evil cannot exist. This is not saying that God is responsible for evil.

Lol ur god isn't responsible for evil ehn?? But he is responsible for good grin grin
Re: Who Created The Devil? by macof(m): 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
Gombs: Well some folks say God did... but did He?

He's not responsible for killers and terrorist but is God responsible for the good citizen, the righteous pastor, the life saver and public hero?
Re: Who Created The Devil? by Gombs(m): 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
macof:

Lol ur god isn't responsible for evil ehn?? But he is responsible for good grin grin

Because He is a good God, all he does is good

[NLT] James 1:17 [size=20pt]Whatever[/size] is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.
Re: Who Created The Devil? by macof(m): 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
Gombs:

Because He is a good God, all he does is good

[NLT] James 1:17 [size=20pt]Whatever[/size] is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.

Am nt saying he isn't good or good things don't find their source in him...but he is as evil as he is good.
And this is by the Bible and common life experiences
Re: Who Created The Devil? by Gombs(m): 5:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
macof:

Am nt saying he isn't good or good things don't find their source in him...but he is as evil as he is good.
And this is by the Bible and common life experiences

cool

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Churches And Their Individual Madness 3:winners Chapel / Be Vigilant! / Common Misconceptions Of New Christians....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.