Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

My Pentecostal Experience - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pentecostal Experience (11608 Views)

Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! / Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer / Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by alexleo(m): 11:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
SalC: You and Gombs should pity Alexleo na, hia smiley

Was Gombs attacking me? I don't see it that way except you are seeing it that way. Moreover the word "pity" has no place here pls. We all have the right to make our points.
Re: My Pentecostal Experience by SalC: 12:33am On Aug 08, 2014
alexleo:

Was Gombs attacking me? I don't see it that way except you are seeing it that way. Moreover the word "pity" has no place here pls. We all have the right to make our points.
....And I made mine
Re: My Pentecostal Experience by alexleo(m): 12:38am On Aug 08, 2014
SalC: ....And I made mine

But its not neccessary since yours tends to stop them from excercising their right.
Re: My Pentecostal Experience by SalC: 12:45am On Aug 08, 2014
alexleo:

But its not neccessary since yours tends to stop them from excercising their right.
It was a plea not an order and I find it necessary because you are already sounding pained.

1 Like

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by alexleo(m): 1:08am On Aug 08, 2014
SalC: It was a plea not an order and I find it necessary because you are already sounding pained.

I wasn't sounding pained rather syncans post was already getting boring to me so no point commenting too much on it again. As for Gombs he made his points and I made mine and we ended it there. He ended by making an observation which I accepted because he was right( apply paragraph for easy reading) Except if he feels he was using that to attack me I didn't see any attack in his case. Generally I don't worry much about another person's counter post to mine in a thread. If its the OP of the thread then its a different case.
Re: My Pentecostal Experience by Candour(m): 1:22am On Aug 08, 2014
DrummaBoy:

One day, many years ago, I was reading Acts 15, the place were the apostles sent letters to the church in Antioch to tell them that they need not listen to the Judaizers about circumcision. They should follow a certain minimum and they were OK. scripture records somewhere there that the people were happy. I could see relief too in that passage, the very thing Candour is describing here. Acts 15:30-31 - " ... and when they had gathered the multitudes together, they delivered the epistle: which when they had read, they rejoiced for the consolation". God knows how much more he wants his people to rejoice over, which church leaders prefer to bind people up in misery instead.

One of the biggest disservice church leaders can do to a flock is, in their bid to protect the flock, to then begin to list out dos and donts for them. It leads to bondage. When eventually truth is pointed out, relief and joy comes.

Should God's people not have a right to relief, joy and freedom all the time? Should churches bind up people in a bid to protect them? Is God not sufficient to save and keep safe till the end?

Forgive my Lamentations. I cannot help it sometimes.

The natural man always wants to dominate and control others that's why. Its in us all and if its not curbed, it will find expression. I've always said there's something about starting a new denomination that turns men into monsters and control freaks. Check all denominations particularly those where the pastor, his wife and children are called at the same time to see how humans try to control and dominate another using christianity and the bible as tools.

Its scary and sad.

1 Like

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 08, 2014
shdemidemi: When emphasis of our faith is drawn from experiences and feelings, it draws one away from God's word(doctrine). The OP got into the faith through feelings and emotions , not necessarily from the hunger to know God. He sustains it by experiences that brings hap and mishaps, his mentality coupled with his volition constantly come in the way of scriptures.

You do not disappoint with the expected Christian condescending attitude of judgement. So how do you suddenly conclude that I came into the faith through my feelings when I clearly narrated my experience ?

I was 'saved' and all that , lived the live, in fact I dare say that I went through more severe persecutions than cushy Christians like you and stood the test , till I realised that church was all about control and my eyes opened.

Like some have previously allude, the brother needs to understand the Word and stop judging by his idea (connected to the world) of what is good and what is evil outside scriptures. Truth be said, Frosbel is quite assertive and direct in his approach, similar to Apostle Paul himself but he depends too much on his feelings thus he takes a good course to an extreme.

The Word ? Without boasting I can sit you down and teach you the word, in fact Apostolic Faith and Deeperlife churches plus personal study and ongoing research have so engrained the word in me that I can never get it out of my head for all eternity. And it is these words with God's help and intense personal research that has made it possible for me to reject most of the trash called bible doctrines in most denominations today.

Should we then stop having leaders and presbyters because some lord it or abuse it?

When you say leader , you misinterpret the original meaning of Bishop, Pastor and elders in the church, these guys were actually servants to the body of Christ who were more concerned about the sheep of Christ than lining their own pockets with tithes and offerings. Jesus never mentioned leaders, he said we have one master ( which is him ) and the rest of us are brethren.

The Pastors were normally elders who had been in the faith for a while , were usually mature in age and had the experience and grace to nurture new believers into growth while protecting the weak and providing for the needy.

It did not consist of one man leading a denomination according to his understanding of the gospel and then making it THE TRUTH, lording it over the sheep and discouraging and maligning those who disagree or debunk his/her heresies.

We have one HEAD , one MASTER , one LORD and one CHURCH. The rest are brothers and sisters.

God is also a respecter of order... He has always been in the business of choosing one man to head or lead His people. Every congregation must have a leader or the head whose authority correlates with scripture.

Yes, but in these last days he has chosen his SON to lead.

Now if what you mean by 'lead' is what I explained previously with the added responsibility of being spokesperson for the church , who sacrifices himself for the sheep , then yes God does appoint such people.

Such person or denomination may not be Christians or they are carnal Christians at best. The bible teaches that our neighbour is anyone who needs our help. If the spirit of Christ is in us, religion or denominationalism shouldn't be a barrier.

The whole concept of denomination is carnal and must be eradicated otherwise we will always fall victim to men and their egos.

1 Like

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 08, 2014
Sorry all, work has become suddenly busy again and I have to do a few things with the kids this weekend. However I will try and complete part 4 at least on the deeperlife experience before weekend is over and perhaps start Part 5. Like I said this may take weeks to complete.
Re: My Pentecostal Experience by Syncan(m): 8:05am On Aug 08, 2014
alexleo:

May be those seven people and even more are still planning to come and like the rest of your posts. So when they come you can still go on and clap. Be looking out for them and let me know when the deed is done. Congratulations.

hahahaha, as those who seek God "in truth and in spirit" Jn 4:23, they read truth from my post and "their heart burned within them" Lk 24:32, so much that they acknowledged their appreciation in that manner. Now that you've heard the truth "harden not your heart" Heb 3:15 ...like your fathers did. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by Syncan(m): 8:09am On Aug 08, 2014
frosbel: Sorry all, work has become suddenly busy again and I have to do a few things with the kids this weekend. However I will try and complete part 4 at least on the deeperlife experience before weekend is over and perhaps start Part 5. Like I said this may take weeks to complete.

ooooooh, which kind thing be this na frosbel? You should have written down a manuscript before coming here na, Weeks! oooooh
Re: My Pentecostal Experience by Gombs(m): 8:15am On Aug 08, 2014
frosbel: Sorry all, work has become suddenly busy again and I have to do a few things with the kids this weekend. However I will try and complete part 4 at least on the deeperlife experience before weekend is over and perhaps start Part 5. Like I said this may take weeks to complete.

I'm super bored with the fairytale already. Say me hi to em kids
Re: My Pentecostal Experience by alexleo(m): 8:35am On Aug 08, 2014
Gombs:

To him its a personal experience, to some others its interesting and to you its a fairytale. CHOICE.

1 Like

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by Syncan(m): 8:45am On Aug 08, 2014
frosbel:

There should be no denominations whatsoever , Jesus came to build ONE church not 42,000 denominations.

The problems with denominations are many but here are a major few :

1. The leaders lord it over the sheep which is unbiblical.
2. One MAN is the head of such a group ,again making it unscriptural.
3. Each denomination restricts the distribution of resources and money to it's own church. In other words a redeemer may see a catholic brother starving to death and not care one iota.
4. They take collections from people under a false concept and impoverish the poorer brethren while enriching the middle class.
5. It encourages laziness among the pastors and leads to every man or woman wanting to start their own church on the premise of some questionable calling.
6. It causes immense friction in the body of Christ as we cannot even agree on the major bible doctrines talk less of unity
7. It encourages arrogance in the leaders and results in unaccountability in the way they treat the sheep and spend their money
8. It is rotten to the core.

We need a solution to destroy ( not modify ) this tower of babel ( confusion ).

I agree that Jesus Came to Build one church, he said it in Matt 16:18, On Pentecost, this church was formed. The kingdom of heaven was not to overcome it...therefore it must have remained till today. It was to have leaders as seen in Acts 15:6, united under a leader as he wished when he told one alone "...Feed my sheep" Jn 21:17. We do not need now a sovereign religious conference, lets go back in time to seek this church, it must still exist, it must be transferring authority in apostolic succession, except we doubt the words of Christ, and fool ourselves that the church he founded is no more.

2 Likes

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by Gombs(m): 9:19am On Aug 08, 2014
alexleo:

To him its a personal experience, to some others its interesting and to you its a fairytale. CHOICE.

To you it's an opinion... CHOICE

1 Like

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by PastorKun(m): 9:26am On Aug 08, 2014
Gombs:

And did anyone force you to follow this thread Abeg buzz off, your nuisance value is not needed here.

4 Likes

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by nora544: 9:31am On Aug 08, 2014
Gombs:

Sorry it is no fairytale, I know this because I hear also some stories in my country about this new churches and I can read.
Re: My Pentecostal Experience by shdemidemi(m): 9:34am On Aug 08, 2014
frosbel:

You do not disappoint with the expected Christian condescending attitude of judgement. So how do you suddenly conclude that I came into the faith through my feelings when I clearly narrated my experience ?
I was 'saved' and all that , lived the live, in fact I dare say that I went through more severe persecutions than cushy Christians like you and stood the test , till I realised that church was all about control and my eyes opened.

I don't think there is anything condescending about what I said, I am not new to your fit of rage against tradition on this forum. I am also against tradition but it must be criticised based on the bible standard and not what Frosbel deem appropriate.

You might have bad experiences about a certain place of worship but another man from the same institution will swear never to leave such place because he has favourable experiences. How then can your personal experience be a standard to change such person?

frosbel:

The Word ? Without boasting I can sit you down and teach you the word, in fact Apostolic Faith and Deeperlife churches plus personal study and ongoing research have so engrained the word in me that I can never get it out of my head for all eternity. And it is these words with God's help and intense personal research that has made it possible for me to reject most of the trash called bible doctrines in most denominations today.

Good, I will gladly sit down to learn from you if you don't start importing emotions and personal experiences into scripture.

frosbel:
When you say leader , you misinterpret the original meaning of Bishop, Pastor and elders in the church, these guys were actually servants to the body of Christ who were more concerned about the sheep of Christ than lining their own pockets with tithes and offerings. Jesus never mentioned leaders, he said we have one master ( which is him ) and the rest of us are brethren.

My friend, Paul became a leader in his time, he also appointed leaders like Timothy and silas who were not not necessarily old men. There's always been order from the inception of the church. No one within the church waits for Jesus to deal with the issues they encountered within the church, they referred to Paul for solutions to squabbles, and how the church should run.

The members of the church also had to go through the selected elders, the elders then take the issue to those appointed by Paul and they present the case to Paul. There must be order within the church and everyone selected as a leader must be respected as long as they stay within scripture.
frosbel:
The Pastors were normally elders who had been in the faith for a while , were usually mature in age and had the experience and grace to nurture new believers into growth while protecting the weak and providing for the needy.

What pastors are you talking about here?
frosbel:
It did not consist of one man leading a denomination according to his understanding of the gospel and then making it THE TRUTH, lording it over the sheep and discouraging and maligning those who disagree or debunk his/her heresies.

We have one HEAD , one MASTER , one LORD and one CHURCH. The rest are brothers and sisters.

Whichever way you want to look at it, you must be led to Christ by another man. Some have the gift of understanding and teaching than others, we must listen and learn from them. We can't say because there are false teachers everyone should then sit at home to hear from Jesus directly. We don't stop flying in planes because they sometimes crash, do we?

frosbel:
Yes, but in these last days he has chosen his SON to lead.

Now if what you mean by 'lead' is what I explained previously with the added responsibility of being spokesperson for the church , who sacrifices himself for the sheep , then yes God does appoint such people.

The son isn't the preacher or the appointed leader at gatherings, we need people who are truly sent by Christ to do the work.

Romans 10
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

frosbel:
The whole concept of denomination is carnal and must be eradicated otherwise we will always fall victim to men and their egos.

I don't think the bible says anything negative about denominations, the bible is more concerned on what we believe. If all denominations can understand scriptures as the foundation and depend solely on what it says rather than try to emulate or create another day of Pentecost , I believe we can all be spiritually a part of one body in Christ Jesus.
Re: My Pentecostal Experience by Gombs(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2014
PastorKun:

And did anyone force you to follow this thread Abeg buzz off, your nuisance value is not needed here.

grin grin grin grin grin

Kunlebola!

1 Like

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by Gombs(m): 9:49am On Aug 08, 2014
nora544:

Sorry it is no fairytale, I know this because I [size=20pt]hear [/size]also some [size=20pt]stories [/size]in my country about this new churches and I can [size=20pt]read[/size].

dont you think it's time you stop HEARING STORIES??

Stop reading what does NOT edify your spirit. Get a bible dear... it has so many beautiful stories, start with David and his mighty men, did you Know Adino, one of his mighty men slew 800 men with his spear in a single encounter (imagine you surrounded by 800 men, and all u had was a spear)? Now, that's classical smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by nora544: 9:55am On Aug 08, 2014
Gombs:

dont you think it's time you stop HEARING STORIES??

Stop reading what does NOT edify your spirit. Get a bible dear... it has so many beautiful stories, start with David and his mighty men, did you Know Adino, one of his mighty men slew 800 men in a single blow with his spear? Now, that's classical smiley

I know the bible very good and I know what this new churches make sorry I am not a brainwashed nigerian.

when I hear from a so called great man of God that all the people who fast for 100 days should not have fear because they will not get ebola so this is dangerous.

1 Like

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by Gombs(m): 10:06am On Aug 08, 2014
nora544:

I know the bible very good and I know what this new churches make sorry I am not a brainwashed nigerian.

when I hear from a so called great man of [size=20pt]God that all the people who fast for 100 days should not have fear because they will not get ebola[/size] so this is dangerous.

your case is worse than i thought... you love stories eh!

and i find the above in blue a bit racist! dont generalize... Austria has a history with racism, and i dont want to think u are one, this is Nairaland, and not Austrialand.

and you obviously dont know the bible...if you did, you would have read this part

1 timothy 4:7 New American Standard Bible
But have nothing to do with worldly fables fit only for old women . On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness;

your bitterness would not make you a better person ma'am.

1 Like

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by femicyrus(m): 10:29am On Aug 08, 2014
frosbel: I have added Part 4 - section 1 ONLY. I hope to complete this part tomorrow.

https://www.nairaland.com/1842233/pentecostal-experience#25230844

enjoy.

I have been following Your post with keen interest. Where can i access the concluding part of season 4 and also that of season 5. Hope to share my personal experience with some pastors in rccg someday with You and others who ære no longer entangled with any bondage.
Re: My Pentecostal Experience by nora544: 10:37am On Aug 08, 2014
femicyrus:

I have been following Your post with keen interest. Where can i access the concluding part of season 4 and also that of season 5. Hope to share my personal experience with some pastors in rccg someday with You and others who ære no longer entangled with any bondage.

you should also write your story because it will help others to open their eyes and get the brain back.

2 Likes

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by alexleo(m): 12:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
Gombs:

To you it's an opinion... CHOICE

To some people it could be an opinion and that's choice too. To me its his personal experience which he is free to share irrespective of our various views about it and that's choice too.

Some find it beneficial while some don't and that's choice too.

You can counter whatever you think he said that is wrong and if its convincing enough people can be redirected too

1 Like

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by trustman: 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
Gombs:

and i find the above in blue a bit racist! dont generalize... Austria has a history with racism, and i dont want to think u are one, this is Nairaland, and not Austrialand.

and you obviously dont know the bible...if you did, you would have read this part

But have nothing to do with worldly fables fit only for old women . On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness;

You sure like fights!!

3 Likes

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by Mintayo(m): 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
Gombs:

You are right. She is so embittered,you see her in every thread bashing churches here and there,she has forgotten that she has some 'logs' in her eyes to remove! I don't know when christainity is synonymous to hatred and bitterness!

1 Like

Re: My Pentecostal Experience by shdemidemi(m): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
trustman:

You sure like fights!!
I tire for the brother..
Re: My Pentecostal Experience by Gombs(m): 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
trustman:

You sure like fights!!

grin grin

Thanks for the compliment! You accuse me of liking 'fight' grin ? You did not accuse Kunle, nor nora... because of course vultures of same bald head flock together!
Re: My Pentecostal Experience by Gombs(m): 12:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
shdemidemi:
I tire for the brother..

Even you? shocked

No let me pull threads where u were not only fighting those who did not even talk to u... plus the invectives, insults and verbal excreta? grin

Let me wait for same solidarity from kunle! grin
Re: My Pentecostal Experience by alexleo(m): 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
Syncan:

I agree that Jesus Came to Build one church, he said it in Matt 16:18, On Pentecost, this church was formed. The kingdom of heaven was not to overcome it...therefore it must have remained till today. It was to have leaders as seen in Acts 15:6, united under a leader as he wished when he told one alone "...Feed my sheep" Jn 21:17. We do not need now a sovereign religious conference, lets go back in time to seek this church, it must still exist, it must be transferring authority in apostolic succession, except we doubt the words of Christ, and fool ourselves that the church he founded is no more.

The church that Jesus founded is NOT your Roman Catholic Church (if that's what you are referring to anyway). And its not any other denomination.
Re: My Pentecostal Experience by Rich4god(m): 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
alexleo:

The church that Jesus founded is NOT your Roman Catholic Church (if that's what you are referring to anyway). And its not any other denomination.
So where is the church...?
Re: My Pentecostal Experience by alexleo(m): 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2014
Candour:

The natural man always wants to dominate and control others that's why. Its in us all and if its not curbed, it will find expression. I've always said there's something about starting a new denomination that turns men into monsters and control freaks. Check all denominations particularly those where the pastor, his wife and children are called at the same time to see how humans try to control and dominate another using christianity and the bible as tools.

Its scary and sad.

Quite sad and you dare not raise objection to doctrines of the church that is not consistent with the scripture else you attract curses from the church leadership. Nigerian congregations are not even helping matters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Two GB Members Of Jehovah Witnesses Resigns Over Gay Scandal / Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus / Prayer For All First Borns!!!(mfm)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.