Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

How African Is North Africa? - BBC - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How African Is North Africa? - BBC (2447 Views)

The White Slaves Of Barbary(north Africa) / BBC's Documentary On The 'Bronze Cast Head Of The Ife King' / Why Hausa Language In Bbc, Voa, Germany Radio, China, France Anybody Know ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: How African Is North Africa? - BBC by anonymous6(f): 1:58am On Aug 09, 2014
gawu1:
To ascribed this mental set to muslims or northerners only is'nt it hypocrisy? It's our Nigerian mentality. I have seen a lot of forks prayed ernestly for a win for Argentines over Nigeria in the last world cup just because they were fans of Messi and Barcelona. So, it's not matter of religion or culture. Even a critical appraisal of the fork that brought this issue, one can judge from his tone that would favour any team other than from northern part winning caf cup. Take a look at our national team, despite Ahmed Musa's contribution to our winning the nation cup & qualification to last world cup a lot of voice mostly of southerners still suggested that he should be dropped from the last w/cup team during the selection. Musa scored two beautiful cum intelligence goals that later secured us second round yet no major headline in his credit from our southern dominated news media. Can you guess why?
Take a look at the massacre going on of palestines by the Israelis. I read a blog which tried to seek opinion of who should be blamed, Palestine or Israel. The muslims blamed israel, as the christians too laid blamed on the Palestine. The problems were that most analysis were not based on objectivity rather than religion affiliation & sentiment.
So we should not make it as if only the northerners or muslims are the guilty once on this. When America & west power conspired & dislodged undemocratically a democratically elected gov't in Egypt recently a lot of christians in nigeria couldn't hide their joy. What's you take on that? We are all guilty!!!

Based on what your saying every country(including Nigeria) has this issue, which is true, everybody is biased in the end of the day to a certain degree depending on experiences, loyalties, and etc so what your saying is inevitable However at least Nigeria didn't give up their culture completely for another culture cause of religion that you wonder if they are african any more, and that's what has affected Northern Africa, their image is of being African has been completely gone NOT Nigeria. I understand what you mean that it is more then the Northerner/Muslims and etc, which I understand and agree to a extent. Although for BBC to even bring it up and make a article questioning Northern Africa africaness, there must be some reasons for that.
Re: How African Is North Africa? - BBC by macof(m): 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
gawu1:
To ascribed this mental set to muslims or northerners only is'nt it hypocrisy? It's our Nigerian mentality. I have seen a lot of forks prayed ernestly for a win for Argentines over Nigeria in the last world cup just because they were fans of Messi and Barcelona. So, it's not matter of religion or culture. Even a critical appraisal of the fork that brought this issue, one can judge from his tone that would favour any team other than from northern part winning caf cup. Take a look at our national team, despite Ahmed Musa's contribution to our winning the nation cup & qualification to last world cup a lot of voice mostly of southerners still suggested that he should be dropped from the last w/cup team during the selection. Musa scored two beautiful cum intelligence goals that later secured us second round yet no major headline in his credit from our southern dominated news media. Can you guess why?
Take a look at the massacre going on of palestines by the Israelis. I read a blog which tried to seek opinion of who should be blamed, Palestine or Israel. The muslims blamed israel, as the christians too laid blamed on the Palestine. The problems were that most analysis were not based on objectivity rather than religion affiliation & sentiment.
So we should not make it as if only the northerners or muslims are the guilty once on this. When America & west power conspired & dislodged undemocratically a democratically elected gov't in Egypt recently a lot of christians in nigeria couldn't hide their joy. What's you take on that? We are all guilty!!!

Everything you put down here still boils down to the factor of sentiments and prejudice caused by religion.
Everyone wants to support things attached to his religion

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of My Breasts Pictures Included / CONTROVERSY: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir / Benin: Families Rent Cows, Mourners To Make Burial Ceremonies Colourful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.