Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria (18386 Views)

NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles / Oliseh Officially Unveiled As Coach Of Super Eagles (Photos) / NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by JEITO: 9:05am On Aug 05, 2014
Yeye, he was there waiting for #10m when dem nevaa fit pay am #5m regularly. Na now wey nobody dey look for him, e wan come accept?

E for refuse d job na make we see if peak and pepsi no go cancel their endorsement deals with him. angry
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:06am On Aug 05, 2014
He should stop inviting mediocre players...e.g Gabriel Ruben,dat one that resembles Flavour nabania(my brother play pass am) and co.He shld also water down his pride.#My2Cents
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by MrOlai: 9:08am On Aug 05, 2014
But Keshi said nothing would make him coach Eagles again!
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:09am On Aug 05, 2014
Is Mata a central midfielder? undecided
amadice: .....is kelechi ihenacho a central midfielder? Or ar u drunk?
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:10am On Aug 05, 2014
He forgot to make an exception-FOOD grin
MrOlai: But Keshi said nothing would make him coach Eagles again!
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by MegMich(m): 9:31am On Aug 05, 2014
Bad business!!
Many say it's good for continuity---what is there to continue? Poor performances huh?
Don't have anything against Keshi buh its obvious he's ran out of ideas or rather luck.
Evidence---couldn't eliminate a depleted Ghanian team @ CHAN,could only win Haiti @ CONFED, qualified for round of 16f albeit luck, poor referee showing and spirit of sportmanship of Bosnia... Failed to sub his golden boy Mikelis Obilis,poor selections( Ameobi,Azeez,Yobo...endless list)
You only give room for improvement when reasonable space exists.
What ain't good for Togo and Mali definately will do us no good.
He said he's got offers? Where are they? Even South Africa has abandoned him.
Keshi will do us no good..
We've got better men-- Oliseh, Kanu, Okocha etc
I don talk my own.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Triniti(m): 9:37am On Aug 05, 2014
keshi should also try and drop his ego and pride game, and should also upgrade on his tactics, because he is tactical ill
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by hensben(m): 9:59am On Aug 05, 2014
good one there
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Goke7: 10:04am On Aug 05, 2014
MegMich: Bad business!!
Many say it's good for continuity---what is there to continue? Poor performances huh?
Don't have anything against Keshi buh its obvious he's ran out of ideas or rather luck.
Evidence---couldn't eliminate a depleted Ghanian team @ CHAN,could only win Haiti @ CONFED, qualified for round of 16f albeit luck, poor referee showing and spirit of sportmanship of Bosnia... Failed to sub his golden boy Mikelis Obilis,poor selections( Ameobi,Azeez,Yobo...endless list)
I don talk my own.

@the bolded, I think this is an unfair and disrespectful comment, I have my own reservations about keshi but I will never crucify him like you and some other Nigerians are doing. If Nigeria is really confident of getting a better coach than keshi, then they would have fired him immediately after the world cup.

We are only deceiving ourselves about this keshi's matter, only a coach who has taken a team to the quarter finals of the world cup is better than the big boss, if you can't get that kind of coach, then its better you stick with keshi except you want to go back to the wilderness of football where keshi has taken us out of [even the nff knows this na shakara dem just de do]. Oliseh, kanu, okocha should coach likes of mali and togo first to know what coaching is like before we experiment them with the super eagles.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by dabossman(m): 10:06am On Aug 05, 2014
vokalguy:

PERSONALLY, I do not think its a good move. Looking at it from two different perspective; continuity is good for our country, I do not remember the last time we had one person manage the super eagles for more than 3 years. On the other hand, I think Keshi lacks tactical discipline... yea we can get away with it against African teams but outside the continent, I feel we barely threaten these so called 'big teams'. This should be a source of concern to the NFF. Keshi should either be assisted by a technical adviser OR he goes for training or something. I do not think 'big boss' should be too big to learn from European managers.

While I agree that Keshi needs help to improve as do most African coaches, you also have to agree that we play more African teams in competitive games than the big European or South American teams. We play World cup and Nations Cup qualifiers against African teams all year round, not to talk of AFCON and CHAN every two years. We only meet the Europeans and South Americans competitively every four years at the World Cup or Confederations Cup (if we win Afcon).

So, if Keshi has the "juju" over African teams, it's a good place to start. He hasn't lost to any yet if I recollect correctly.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by greall1: 10:14am On Aug 05, 2014
Is non of my buz.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by laprince(m): 10:19am On Aug 05, 2014
The guy is making a good deal.
pay him on time, he also deserves a car and an appartment.

making sense
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by dabossman(m): 10:19am On Aug 05, 2014
MegMich: Bad business!!
I don talk my own.

Bro, you do know that for every example you've given there are also counter examples. The same Keshi coached a home-based team that came from 3 goals down to win 4-3 against Morrocco. Won AFCON after 19 years. Oh, plus Ghana also failed to beat a depleted Burkina Faso, even after much assistabce from the referee. Argentina also won the World Cup in 1986 after a famous "Hand of God" by Maradona. That was refereeing blunder too.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Goke7: 10:22am On Aug 05, 2014
dabossman:

While I agree that Keshi needs help to improve as do most African coaches, you also have to agree that we play more African teams in competitive games than the big European or South American teams. We play World cup and Nations Cup qualifiers against African teams all year round, not to talk of AFCON and CHAN every two years. We only meet the Europeans and South Americans competitively every four years at the World Cup or Confederations Cup (if we win Afcon).

So, if Keshi has the "juju" over African teams, it's a good place to start. He hasn't lost to any yet if I recollect correctly.

'This is one of the best posts I have ever read on this matter' Thank you very much, a lot of Nigerians are just hating on keshi just because he did not select their preferred players which is a chicken excuse to pull down a coach that has transform a team that could not qualify for afcon to a team that not only won the next edition of afcon but also got to the second round of the world cup.

we have to judge keshi based on where super eagles was when he took over to where the eagles are now with him being in charge. Judging keshi by comparing his team to the 1994 squad which had more talented and quality players is one of the most silly thing to do.

I believe we can finally assess keshi after the afcon next year, if the eagles can't get past the quarter final or semi-final, then we can let keshi go since we would still have 3 yrs to the next world cup of which we should go for a coach that has gotten to the quarterfinals of a world cup before to coach the eagles, anything short of this is going back to square one.

we must define our obejectives but for now its better keshi remain as coach

1 Like

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Chanchit: 10:26am On Aug 05, 2014
M4gunners: Yuuuuhuuuu freu mich.Weldon big boss.Oya invite our wonder Kind Kelechi in the next friendly biko.

Du sprichst Deutsch..?
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by vokalguy(m): 10:50am On Aug 05, 2014
dabossman:

I totally get your point and I agree with you BUT I don't think it will be a bad idea to have a coach that has tactical knowledge and implement a 'total football' mentality on his team. I would love us to meet the likes of Ghana, Egypt or any big African country and beat them comfortably. I am sure you will agree with me when I say Keshi cannot read a game to save his life... well most of the time he is sitting down chewing gum
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Nicur: 10:50am On Aug 05, 2014
smh i weep for my country embarassed
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Whizzdom(m): 10:51am On Aug 05, 2014
seunlayi: I thought he will dull himself as I am also interested in that job

You will get the job in your dreams ..........

hahahhahah

You fink say na ordinary person dem dey put as Nigeria Football Coach?

1 Like

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by shadowwalker101: 10:53am On Aug 05, 2014
okay
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by bosun11(m): 11:00am On Aug 05, 2014
safarigirl: I wholly endorse this move. We have an AFCON qualifier set for next month and no ready coach (no one can re-structure a team in a month). Keshi is the best for now.

In a couple of years, Garba should be ripe for the job and Keshi retired. That's the continuity we seek

#TeamNoOyiboCoaches

spot on bro
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by M4gunners: 11:23am On Aug 05, 2014
Chanchit:

Du sprichst Deutsch..?
Ja schon und duwo hast du denn deutsch gelen?
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Chanchit: 12:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
M4gunners: Ja schon und duwo hast du denn deutsch gelen?

Ich bin im Goethe Institut, klasse A Eins, gehe nach A Zwei, Ich spreche jetzt ein bisschen deutsch. Und dir, wo hast du deutsch gelernt..?
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by jobsat34(m): 12:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
Meanwhile, NFF should award Julius Berger a contract to construct "Seat Belt" for the Super Eagles Bench for "MIKEL slOwBI".
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by MegMich(m): 12:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
Goke7:

@the bolded, I think this is an unfair and disrespectful comment, I have my own reservations about keshi but I will never crucify him like you and some other Nigerians are doing. If Nigeria is really confident of getting a better coach than keshi, then they would have fired him immediately after the world cup.

We are only deceiving ourselves about this keshi's matter, only a coach who has taken a team to the quarter finals of the world cup is better than the big boss, if you can't get that kind of coach, then its better you stick with keshi except you want to go back to the wilderness of football where keshi has taken us out of [even the nff knows this na shakara dem just de do]. Oliseh, kanu, okocha should coach likes of mali and togo first to know what coaching is like before we experiment them with the super eagles.

Keshi given so much? Soooo true!!! Nigeria has rather given him a lot. A chance to represent us as a player, an employment opportunity even when we could employ better hands and considering he had no job after been sacked by Mali and Togo, and an opportunity to explore our talented nation which however yielded meagre nations cup amid several poor showings(a cup common Zambia won with so much flare). One would point to the fact they defeated. CIV. Hellooo! Zambia did same.
Can't see what's special about Keshi. He's smartly diverted our attention to other issues while assessment of his performance is left in the lurch.
Big boss my foot! Several players have represented their nation in both capacities and have done well. He can't fool us anymore, save for the nations cup, he did be in the labour market long ago.
We need to assess him, his poor tactis and selection skill. Can't even read a match!!!.Seriously wondering why the likes of Ameobi, Moses and Mikel(both of who played less than a handful of match for their clubs),Agbim,yobo were selected!!!
With Keshi, we've seen enough to Know there no space for room improvement.
NFF let Keshi go!
I rep Naija
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by dabossman(m): 12:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
vokalguy:

I totally get your point and I agree with you BUT I don't think it will be a bad idea to have a coach that has tactical knowledge and implement a 'total football' mentality on his team. I would love us to meet the likes of Ghana, Egypt or any big African country and beat them comfortably. I am sure you will agree with me when I say Keshi cannot read a game to save his life... well most of the time he is sitting down chewing gum

Well, it may be a bit difficult to conclude on that. His records in the last two years reads: Played 37, Won 17, Drawn 13, Lost 7. Not entirely terrible stats. We've seen his team come back from behind to draw or win games against teams like Italy, Catalonia, Morrocco. That was becoming a rarity for the Super Eagles. Even against Argentina, there was a spirited fight back. Have you stopped to think that maybe Keshi just lost to better coaches with players who are more technically gifted than our lot. Tactical know-how also requires tactical disciplined and technically gifted players to execute. How many of our players are the dedicated free-kick, corner-kick or penalty takers for their club like Okocha was at a time? Keshi can't teach them that in their old age.

Sitting and chewing gum is no big deal. Aime Jacquet of French winning team from 1998 hardly ever stood up from the bench.

Competition GP W D L GF GA
International Friendly 7 2 4 1 11 7
2013 Africa Cup of Nations 6 4 2 0 11 4
2013 FIFA Confederations Cup 3 1 0 2 7 6
2014 World Cup qualification 6 4 2 0 9 3
Total 22 11 8 3 38 20

Competition GP W D L GF GA
International Friendly 5 1 3 1 5 5
2014 African Nations Championship 6 4 1 1 13 8
2014 World Cup 4 1 1 2 3 5
Total 15 6 5 4 21 18
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by MegMich(m): 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
dabossman:

Bro, you do know that for every example you've given there are also counter examples. The same Keshi coached a home-based team that came from 3 goals down to win 4-3 against Morrocco. Won AFCON after 19 years. Oh, plus Ghana also failed to beat a depleted Burkina Faso, even after much assistabce from the referee. Argentina also won the World Cup in 1986 after a famous "Hand of God" by Maradona. That was refereeing blunder too.

My dear! Is it not obvious Keshi has under achieved?. Safe for the referee, we won't have made the round of 16.
No doubt he's done QUITE well, I still put it down to LUCK.
He's spent 2years so whatWhat of VanGaal, Sabella, not to talk of Mourinho who has performed consistently!
Consistency is the name of the game. If you ask me, he's in the same league as Chelsea's Di matteo, Avram Grant to mention but a few. He's no where near class.
He aided Togo in their world cup quest....what happened afterwards? They couldn't even scale through the group stage of the nations cup @ Egypt 2006. What happened when he headed Mali? Same story.
Luckly, NFF employed him. He handed us the Nations cup. So what? The games we played through luck.@ world cup,
a group Arsene Wenger predicted we did emerge from. He clamed Iran build a wall in front of Goal. What an excuse! How did Argentina and Bosnia break it? Excuses!!!
We saw this coming tho!!! Didn't win any of our preparatory games.
Nigeria a mediocre team? Yeah, just maybe. Look @ Costarica Algeria etc are they any better?
Blamed the loss to Argentina to respect!!! Yeah,just like Costarica respected the likes of Italy,Uruguay...EXCUSES.
He blamed it on in-experience. Hmmmmmm!, Colombia is huh?
Keshi abeg take your trade elsewhere.
What ain't good for Mali and Togo is definately not good for Nigeria.
I rep Naija!
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Goke7: 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
MegMich:

Keshi given so much? Soooo true!!! Nigeria has rather given him a lot. A chance to represent us as a player, an employment opportunity even when we could employ better hands and considering he had no job after been sacked by Mali and Togo, and an opportunity to explore our talented nation which however yielded meagre nations cup amid several poor showings(a cup common Zambia won with so much flare). One would point to the fact they defeated. CIV. Hellooo! Zambia did same.
Can't see what's special about Keshi. He's smartly diverted our attention to other issues while assessment of his performance is left in the lurch.
Big boss my foot! Several players have represented their nation in both capacities and have done well. He can't fool us anymore, save for the nations cup, he did be in the labour market long ago.
We need to assess him, his poor tactis and selection skill. Can't even read a match!!!.Seriously wondering why the likes of Ameobi, Moses and Mikel(both of who played less than a handful of match for their clubs),Agbim,yobo were selected!!!
With Keshi, we've seen enough to Know there no space for room improvement.
NFF let Keshi go!
I rep Naija

can u please suggest a better coach than keshi who will lead to us to the promise land? if you can I will agree completely with all you have said but should I remind to suggest coaches that have gotten to the quarter finals of the world cup if not the all this your talk about tactics and selection skill will be crap, if we really want to move forward let's be sure that we are heading in the right direction.

oya to you my brother please suggest better coaches to back up all your points, am listening!
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by judedwriter(m): 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
safarigirl: it's QUIT, no such word as quitted.

Fabio Capello had a terrible WC with Russia, I heard he gets another contract for that. Na you wan replace Keshi if e quit?
Thank u english teacher for correcting my bad english wink or na englishs? grin even me a writer miss road for english-na wa oh!
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by dabossman(m): 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
MegMich:

My dear! Is it not obvious Keshi has under achieved?. Safe for the referee, we won't have made the round of 16.
He's spent 2years so whatWhat of VanGaal, Sabella, not to talk of Mourinho who has performed consistently!
Consistency is the name of the game. If you ask me, he's in the same league as Chelsea's Di matteo, Avram Grant to mention but a few. He's no where near class.
He aided Togo in their world cup quest....what happened afterwards? They couldn't even scale through the group stage of the nations cup @ Egypt 2006. What happened when he headed Mali? Same story.
Luckly, NFF employed him. He handed us the Nations cup. So what? The games we played through luck.@ world cup,
a group Arsene Wenger predicted we did emerge from. He clamed Iran build a wall in front of Goal. What an excuse! How did Argentina and Bosnia break it? Excuses!!!
Nigeria a mediocre team? Yeah, just maybe. Look @ Costarica Algeria etc are they any better?
Blamed the loss to Argentina to respect!!! Yeah,just like Costarica respected the likes of Italy,Uruguay...EXCUSES.
I rep Naija!

Ah, now I remember you and your signature "I rep Naija". Don't think I should waste my time with you bro. I know where you stand on this matter. Hopefully NFF will employ Van Gaal, Mourinho or Sabella soon. All the best.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by dabossman(m): 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
Goke7:

can u please suggest a better coach than keshi who will lead to us to the promise land? if you can I will agree completely with all you have said but should I remind to suggest coaches that have gotten to the quarter finals of the world cup if not the all this your talk about tactics and selection skill will be crap, if we really want to move forward let's be sure that we are heading in the right direction.

oya to you my brother please suggest better coaches to back up all your points, am listening!

Err, don't waste your time with that dude. His mantra is 'What is not good for mali and Togo is not good for Naija". He is not about to change it. You can't win this one. Just let it go.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Goke7: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
MegMich:

I rep Naija!

Name a better coach and stop all these rantings, we Nigerians are only good in talking about the problems we face, but to talk about solutions that will bring better results, we chicken out, that's why we will continue to celebrate mediocrity.

Tell me about a better coach that can replace keshi who has may be the same level of achievement, the Netherlands have just replaced louis van gaal with another great coach in Guss Hiddink who has also gotten to the semi final of the world cup before, they did not settle for a baby coach or a TV analyst, that is how to move forward. Do we have a Nigerian coach that can rival keshi for now and if you want to go for a foreign world class coach, can you pay him? we need to face reality man, even nff knows this!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mikel, Iheanacho, Musa Make CAF Player Of The Year Shortlist / Maurice Cooreman Dies In Belgium Aged 79 / Nigeria Must Defeat Angola To Honour Samuel Okwaraji's Heroic Sacrifice On Pitch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.