Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,189 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria (18383 Views)

NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles / Oliseh Officially Unveiled As Coach Of Super Eagles (Photos) / NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by M4gunners: 1:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
Chanchit:

Ich bin im Goethe Institut, klasse A Eins, gehe nach A Zwei, Ich spreche jetzt ein bisschen deutsch. Und dir, wo hast du deutsch gelernt..?
Gut.Ich whone in deutchland, achso hier habe ich deutschgelernt.So perfect bin ich noch nicht, aber es geht.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by nickxtra(m): 1:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
nerodenero: For continuity, it is good for Keshi and Eagles.I suggest Uche IK tenders a public apology to the Big Boss or kiss his Eagles' career bye.
Did Keshi tell you that Ik Uche offended him? He only said that IK Uche does not play to his instruction. So what apology do you want him to tender? What did he do wrong?
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Shinatu: 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
Why would he want to come back to a place where his salary was not regular and had to go on the pages of newspapers to get his money paid, if there are better opportunities out there as he claims.

I am sure he will say he is serving his Father land, but who is he fooling?
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by MegMich(m): 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
Goke7:

Name a better coach and stop all these rantings, we Nigerians are only good in talking about the problems we face, but to talk about solutions that will bring better results, we chicken out, that's why we will continue to celebrate mediocrity.

Tell me about a better coach that can replace keshi who has may be the same level of achievement, the Netherlands have just replaced louis van gaal with another great coach in Guss Hiddink who has also gotten to the semi final of the world cup before, they did not settle for a baby coach or a TV analyst, that is how to move forward. Do we have a Nigerian coach that can rival keshi for now and if you want to go for a foreign world class coach, can you pay him? we need to face reality man, even nff knows this!

Have already suggested we should try Okocha,Oliseh,Kanu or Garba....beta men full ground.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Goke7: 2:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
MegMich:

Have already suggested we should try Okocha,Oliseh,Kanu or Garba....beta men full ground.

surely you do not understand my posts so far, we can't have experimental coaches anymore, we've tried it in the past with sia sia when we promoted him from being a youth coach to the senior national team and we all know the result, this is not supersports tv analysis o, we are talking about the Senior National team here and you are mentioning okocha and oliseh because of what you are watching on tv, we should see what Garba will achieve with the u-20 before we rate him and i tell u if he fails to win the u20 world cup which we've never won before, nobody including you will reckon with him anymore, this is not u-17 o, your suggestions are nothing to write home about.

If you can't mention or suggest a coach that has gotten to the quarter finals of the Senior world cup for men and not for boys, then am sorry you have no moral right to pull keshi down, all your so called suggested coaches are not better than keshi period. A good coach is measured by the level of his achievements as a coach and not as a tv analyst.

I'll still be here and waiting to see if you can suggest a better coach than keshi.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by vtree: 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
Looking for an avenue to take your GOODS and SERVICES to a wider range of Customers, then this Opportunity is for you.

G.C.O., is offering Small and Medium Scale Organizations an Opportunity to own a Website for just 15k where Goods and Services rendered will be displayed to the general public. This Promo will run from Sept 1-30th, 2014.

For enquires please contact us on;
Or visit wiceeweb.com/gco to register

BE KIND TO REBROADCAST
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Chanchit: 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
M4gunners: Gut.Ich whone in deutchland, achso hier habe ich deutschgelernt.So perfect bin ich noch nicht, aber es geht.

Ich muss deutsch sprache kette machen, wir haben vielen deutsch studenten aus Goethe on NL. Ich hoffe dich dort sehen..
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by kobonaire(m): 2:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
He had no choice, there were no other more lucrative offers for his services.
It's good to have the boss back anyway
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by kobonaire(m): 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
M4gunners: Gut.Ich whone in deutchland, achso hier habe ich deutschgelernt.So perfect bin ich noch nicht, aber es geht.
Chanchit: Ich muss deutsch sprache kette machen, wir haben vielen deutsch studenten aus Goethe on NL. Ich hoffe dich dort sehen..
chei ..Germans don land for NL .... Una welcome oh .... Enjoy Naija hospitality grin
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by dabossman(m): 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
Goke7:

surely you do not understand my posts so far, we can't have experimental coaches anymore, we've tried it in the past with sia sia when we promoted him from being a youth coach to the senior national team and we all know the result, this is not supersports tv analysis o, we are talking about the Senior National team here and you are mentioning okocha and oliseh because of what you are watching on tv, we should see what Garba will achieve with the u-20 before we rate him and i tell u if he fails to win the u20 world cup which we've never won before, nobody including you will reckon with him anymore, this is not u-17 o, your suggestions are nothing to write home about.

If you can't mention or suggest a coach that has gotten to the quarter finals of the Senior world cup for men and not for boys, then am sorry you have no moral right to pull keshi down, all your so called suggested coaches are not better than keshi period. A good coach is measured by the level of his achievements as a coach and not as a tv analyst.

I'll still be here and waiting to see if you can suggest a better coach than keshi.

Dude, I like you patience o. Can you imagine his suggestions? Every single one of them untested. He didn't even say Siasia. And he compares them to a man who has coached three African national teams, qualified two countries for the senior World Cup, reached the round of 16 at a World Cup and won AFCON. Tomorrow if NFF should appoint any of those he suggested and they don't perform, he will still come here and call them names or say they won some games by luck.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
safarigirl: coaching na by age? Haven't you seen 57-year olds that retire from coaching? Isn't Capello up to 70 if not older and he just coached Russia?

Wetin 2 years wan do for am?
I was only asking you question. You answered the question, and started asking me again angry + grin
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Goke7: 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
dabossman:

Dude, I like you patience o. Can you imagine his suggestions? Every single one of them untested. He didn't even say Siasia. And he compares them to a man who has coached three African national teams, qualified two countries for the senior World Cup, reached the round of 16 at a World Cup and won AFCON. Tomorrow if NFF should appoint any of those he suggested and they don't perform, he will still come here and call them names or say they won some games by luck.

me sef I tire, I almost fell off my chair hearing names of kanu and Okocha, we deceived ourselves too much in Nigeria anyway since there are over 100million coaches in Nigeria, people believe that just anybody can coach the Eagles which is pure fallacy. It takes a lot of guts to be Eagles coach especially with the kind of sports administration Nigeria only westerhof and keshi kind of coaches can survive more than 2 years on the Eagles job.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by easyelliot(m): 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
Honestly, much as I would have liked another coach, I couldn't think of one to succeed right now.
Keshi is the best we have right now, sad but true
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
Err. This is...good, you think? but what's gonna make his 'tactics and techniques' any better than the poo he played last time? Just wondering out loud.

YeaYeaNot
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by PhockPhockMan: 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
Prowizy2: Who is Keshi?
Your mummy boy friend.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by M4gunners: 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
Chanchit:

Ich muss deutsch sprache kette machen, wir haben vielen deutsch studenten aus Goethe on NL. Ich hoffe dich dort sehen..
Wo genau ist diesen Goethe?
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by dabossman(m): 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
Goke7:

me sef I tire, I almost fell off my chair hearing names of kanu and Okocha, we deceived ourselves too much in Nigeria anyway since there are over 100million coaches in Nigeria, people believe that just anybody can coach the Eagles which is pure fallacy. It takes a lot of guts to be Eagles coach especially with the kind of sports administration Nigeria only westerhof and keshi kind of coaches can survive more than 2 years on the Eagles job.

Yeah, the administrators don't help at all. It's also funny how people continue to say Keshi has zero tactical acumen without even taking a look at the players who will execute the tactics. How many of our players are expert at set pieces for their clubs? How many play regularly in the top leagues. Even those who work with world class coaches in Europe, how well do they fare? How many are in the top 20 in their positions globally? A coaches tactics is only as good as the players who will execute them and how thing turn out on the field of play. Where did Vincente Del Bosque's tactical acumen disappear to at the last World Cup? What of Prandelli? Scolari? Under Keshi Nigeria has played better than we have in a while. We've seen some brilliant performance against Ivory Coast, Mali, Italy; even Uruguay and Argentina that we lost to.

Keshi is not the best coach in the World, we all know that, but he is one of the best in Africa and that's a fact. Unless we are ready to employ the likes of Hiddink, Van Gaal, Capello, Prandelli, Loew and so on, we should just cut Keshi some slack. Truth is even those World Class coaches can't guarantee success. Berti Vogts and Lagerback come quickly to mind.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2014
Keshi is not a very good coach whether people accept it or not.
The only reason he's back is 'cause Nigeria doesn't have a better option at the moment and he(Keshi) doesn't have a choice.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Chanchit: 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
M4gunners: Wo genau ist diesen Goethe?

Goethe institut ist in Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by wickyyolo: 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
vokalguy:

PERSONALLY, I do not think its a good move. Looking at it from two different perspective; continuity is good for our country, I do not remember the last time we had one person manage the super eagles for more than 3 years. On the other hand, I think Keshi lacks tactical discipline... yea we can get away with it against African teams but outside the continent, I feel we barely threaten these so called 'big teams'. This should be a source of concern to the NFF. Keshi should either be assisted by a technical adviser OR he goes for training or something. I do not think 'big boss' should be too big to learn from European managers.
Are you okay ? He helped win. AFCON. Can't you appreciate that ? So you want to get a new coach and start all over again. You're an unprogressive person.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by M4gunners: 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
Chanchit:

Goethe institut ist in Lagos, Nigeria.
Aha kenn ich nicht, aber es freu mich das so was gibt in Nigeria.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Ikenna94: 5:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
vokalguy:

UEFA Pro License, I believe Sunday Oliseh has done his.
coaching license doesn't guarantee the best coaching ability. Infact Alex Ferguson and mourinho do not have uefa licences even epl fa license yet dey are better Dan the likes of sam alladyce dat have it
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Chanchit: 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
M4gunners: Aha kenn ich nicht, aber es freu mich das so was gibt in Nigeria.

Yea, I know. You can always contribute to the thread when we start...

1 Like

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by wordsplay(m): 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
inform any graduate or student you know to go online and register here http://tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=100208 .If successfully selected, the government will be paying them N30,000 monthly for 1year. Companies, organizations and institutions can also register and interns will be sent to them, while government pays the interns N30,000. Please spread the news: See it as an Income/Job opportunity.let's give it a try by registering
Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria | One Star Ambassador
tan.org.ng
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Omero(m): 7:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
Prowizy2: Who is Keshi?
If u ask me who wil I ask.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by vokalguy(m): 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
wickyyolo:
Are you okay ? He helped win. AFCON. Can't you appreciate that ? So you want to get a new coach and start all over again. You're an unprogressive person.

I know he won AFCON and I appreciate him BUT he still lacks tactical discipline...
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Goke7: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
vokalguy:

I know he won AFCON and I appreciate him BUT he still lacks tactical discipline...

he lacks tactical discipline and yet he won afcon, one of the funniest and most contradictory posts I have read on nairaland lol
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Goke7: 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
dabossman:

Yeah, the administrators don't help at all. It's also funny how people continue to say Keshi has zero tactical acumen without even taking a look at the players who will execute the tactics. How many of our players are expert at set pieces for their clubs? How many play regularly in the top leagues. Even those who work with world class coaches in Europe, how well do they fare? How many are in the top 20 in their positions globally? A coaches tactics is only as good as the players who will execute them and how thing turn out on the field of play. Where did Vincente Del Bosque's tactical acumen disappear to at the last World Cup? What of Prandelli? Scolari? Under Keshi Nigeria has played better than we have in a while. We've seen some brilliant performance against Ivory Coast, Mali, Italy; even Uruguay and Argentina that we lost to.

Keshi is not the best coach in the World, we all know that, but he is one of the best in Africa and that's a fact. Unless we are ready to employ the likes of Hiddink, Van Gaal, Capello, Prandelli, Loew and so on, we should just cut Keshi some slack. Truth is even those World Class coaches can't guarantee success. Berti Vogts and Lagerback come quickly to mind.

Thank you very much jare you are so spot on unlike other unenlightened folks who think we have players like messi, di maria, robben and other world class players who are game changers, even with these so called world class players you are not guaranteed a successful outing either.

Nff don't have the money to employ the likes of Hiddink and co and the Nigerian Govt has too much problems on their hands to waste tax payers' money on foreign coaches that is why sticking with keshi is our best option for now until he starts churning out terrible results
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Chinom(m): 10:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
Keshi is asking for N10m a month. I'm not sure NFF will be willing to pay him that much. That's twice what he earned in his last contract. So it's not yet certain if he will get the job. He only indicated his willingness to accept the offer. NFF has yet to decide if he will get the job. He will be forced to accept a lesser salary.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by vokalguy(m): 1:01am On Aug 06, 2014
Goke7:

he lacks tactical discipline and yet he won afcon, one of the funniest and most contradictory posts I have read on nairaland lol

Just because he won afcon does not make him an awesome coach, look time will tell if he is the right guy or not. AFCON is around the corner, we will see if we can successfully defend our crown. One thing I am personally praying for is he at least tries to learn from top managers about man management & tactics... yes once again I have to bring up tactics
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by lastpage: 3:28am On Aug 06, 2014
pharmo25: After all the initial gra gra.. We already know this is where it will end. The BIG BOSS himself

Dont mind the Clown!
He is playing reverse psychology on the other set of clowns at NFF!

Keshi is just like the "one-eye mallam' who became Sultan in the country of the 'Blind'!

Gosh!, some people will start thinking l am referring to them o!
Sorry if it sounds like that, no offense intended.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Goke7: 9:03am On Aug 06, 2014
vokalguy:

Just because he won afcon does not make him an awesome coach, look time will tell if he is the right guy or not. AFCON is around the corner, we will see if we can successfully defend our crown. One thing I am personally praying for is he at least tries to learn from top managers about man management & tactics... yes once again I have to bring up tactics

@the bolded, another contradictory statement from you and the time you are talking about [whether keshi is right or not] has come and gone, he has won afcon and gotten to the second round of the world cup after guys like you am sure were waiting for the eagles to exit from the first round. If you are saying he should learn from top managers, oh yes i agree with you even the so called top managers keep learning too [learning is dynamic]. Mourinho even needs to learn man management too and tactics or is he 100% okay?

As per tactics and man management can you tell me what happened to the likes of Des bosque [or has time proven that he is a bad coach for spain], Roy Hodson, Fabio Capello, Prandelli who all went out from the first round of the world cup, abi dem no get tactics and man management? even Deschamps had to wait for matuidi to break onazi's leg before we saw his so called tactics, was scolari also lacking in tactics when Germany hammered him 7-1 [just imagine if it was Nigeria, am sure keshi would have been be-headed].

I have my reservations about keshi but I will never join ignorant fans and journalists to pull him down, any coach like keshi who has produced results with a team that is not too talented like its previous generations deserve lots of respect and should be encouraged to carry on until we are sure we have a better replacement who will carry on from where he has stopped and not starting all over again with inexperienced coaches.

We can take a cue from Netherlands who has replaced a world class coach with another world class and renowned coach, that should be the standard we should be following now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UK Pool Week 31 Banker Draws!! / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali / Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.