Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Ebola Death Toll Hits 887 – WHO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola Death Toll Hits 887 – WHO (451 Views)

Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll / Two Bomb Blasts In Borno State, Death Toll Unknown / Yola Blast’s Dead Toll Hits 70, Poly Loses Four Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Death Toll Hits 887 – WHO by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
The death toll from the world’s worst Ebola outbreak was at 887 on August 1, while the total number of cases in the four West African countries affected stood at 1,603 on the same date, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

According to figures released Monday by the WHO, Guinea has suffered the highest death toll with 358 fatalities out of 485 confirmed Ebola cases so far. Sierra Leone has had the largest number of cases, 646 overall, and 273 deaths, while Liberia has had 468 cases and 255 deaths.

Nigeria, the latest country to import the disease, has had four cases, of which three are classed as “probable” Ebola and one as “suspected”, the Geneva-based agency said in a statement.

The case of Patrick Sawyer, an American who died shortly after flying from Liberia at Lagos airport via Togo and Ghana, is still classed as “probable”. The WHO previously said it had not managed to check his sample because courier companies had refused to transport it to the Institut Pasteur in Dakar.

The other two probable Ebola cases in Nigeria were a health-care worker and a Nigerian who had been to Guinea, the WHO said.

Nigeria itself has reported only the cases of Sawyer and, on Monday, one of the doctors who treated him.

A senior official in the Lagos state Ministry of Health declined to comment on the discrepancy.SOURCE :http://www.punchng.com/news/ebola-death-toll-hits-887-who/

SOURCE : http://www.kingebuka.com/2014/08/ebola-death-toll-hits-887-who.html
Re: Ebola Death Toll Hits 887 – WHO by Heyliesha(m): 10:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
funny] AIDS FEATURING EBOLA

Conversation between AIDS &
EBOLA:
AIDS: na who be dis too?
EBOLA: bro na me oooo, ur sis! i don
show
AIDS: Which kind bad market b dis na, watin
carry u come
EBOLA: Hmmmm bros why u dey yarn
like dis na, ur reign never do u? Abi na
only u dey dis world. I even hear say †hεm dn
find cure fr you.
AIDS: So who give u transport come
Naija?
EBOLA: Bros na one man from
Liberia ooo. Him say make i
accompany am come Nigeria. As we
reach na him i carry leg leave am ooo.
AIDS: so hw u want operate here?
EBOLA: I go follow all d state wey get d
same
alphabet wit my name... Na
for dos state i go operate.
AIDS: name the states for me
EBOLA: Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu, Ekiti,Bayelsa,
Bauchi, Benue, Borno, Oyo, Ondo,
Lagos, Abia, Adamawa,Akwa ibom, Anambra,Abuja.
AIDS: u b baddo, so out of 36 states
u take only 17?........ Sis u tyt,,,, me
self i want upgrade...... Na through
air i want carry d enter pple.
EBOLA: bro i bin here say boko haram dey
worry
for north? E b like i
no go reach der ooo. I no wan die
AIDS: Market no dey move der again
ooo...
lol......Just for fun
‪#Stay‬ safe,
EBOLA
is real..

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Working! Join The Nigeria Amateur Anti-ebola Scientist On Facebook / Serious Alert / Conference Begins Discussion Of Draft Report Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.