Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll (30125 Views)

Buhari's Appointments: Death Toll Rises To Eight / New Photo & Look Of Celestine Omehia, Former Governor Of Rivers State / APC Leadership Lies To President Buhari – Rivers SSG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by boman2014: 7:23am On Mar 21, 2016

The Nigeria Police have confirmed that four people were killed during the re-run elections in Rivers State on Saturday.
The Assistant Inspector General of Police, Zone Six, Calabar, Adisa Bolanta, said four deaths were recorded while 22 persons were arrested during the elections.
Mr. Bolanta disclosed this on Sunday at a joint security news conference in Port Harcourt.
He said the suspects were being interrogated on allegations of criminal or electoral offences.
He said deployments made by the police assisted in reducing election-related offences.
Also, the Commander of 2 Brigade, Nigerian Army, Port Harcourt, Stephenson Olabanji, confirmed the arrest of the Secretary to the Rivers State Government.
Also confirmed to have been arrested is a Special Assistant to the governor.

Mr. Olabanji, a Brigadier General, said both men were arrested in Gokana and Khana Local Government Area on Saturday for allegedly committing electoral offences.
“Many people were arrested yesterday for disrupting the electoral process and the law is not meant for just the lower cadre alone.
“No matter who you are, if you go against the law, you will definitely face the music.
“So, there is nothing like being Secretary to the State Government; many people were arrested as you have been told; a lot of people were arrested,” he said.
Mr. Olabanji denied claims by the state government that some commissioners and other top officials were manhandled by the Army during the re-run elections.
At a separate event, Governor Nyesom Wike said the Peoples Democratic Party, would win Saturday’s re-run legislative elections in the state because it prepared for it.
Mr. Wike told journalists in Port Harcourt that when the elections of the legislators were annulled in December, the party commenced preparations for re-run.
He said that the party began campaigns and started working hard to win the elections because it was on ground.
The governor confirmed that the Secretary to the State Government, Kenneth Kobani, and a Special Assistant, Cyril Wite, were arrested by the Army.
Mr. Wike said the government officials wanted to ensure that election materials were moved to polling units when they were arrested. He said it would be difficult to rig elections in the state because the people would resist the attempt.
According to him, when somebody is not popular and attempts to rig the election, the people will say no to such move.
He alleged that some people were creating problems to make the Federal Government declare a state of emergency in the state.
Mr. Wike said that such ploy would not work, because the PDP was more popular in the state.
He urged the media not to be emotional or sentimental while reporting events in the state, because such stories create wrong impression.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/200511-rivers-election-4-deaths-confirmed-army-explains-arrest-ssg.html
Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 21, 2016
FTC shaa..
Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by Luckylife(m): 7:26am On Mar 21, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by dunkem21(m): 7:26am On Mar 21, 2016
So, when is the *Gucci cap owner going to be arrested

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by Danzakidakura(m): 7:29am On Mar 21, 2016
when will they arrest Amaechi and Dakuku ?

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by Ayt27(m): 7:30am On Mar 21, 2016
Will they return the gucci cap back to the owner?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by amtaken(f): 7:33am On Mar 21, 2016
As usual, all APC chieftains are exonerated, including the face cap donor.

Fake DSS/Police.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by Tunami(m): 7:46am On Mar 21, 2016
apc is a party of saints according to buhari and his zombies.

14 Likes

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by temitemi1(m): 7:46am On Mar 21, 2016
Puppets is what we are having as security agencies in our country @ d moment. They are only good at barking @ d opposition grin grin grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by jumper524(m): 7:48am On Mar 21, 2016
now the election has been declared in conclusive, which means more death's to be recorded
Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by Untainted007: 8:07am On Mar 21, 2016
I don't blame the 'polithiefians', I blame the silly touts supporting them at the risk of their lives. When the 'polithiefians' have their kids abroad studying. Or did you see any news like Amaechi or Wike children casting their votes not to talk of them rioting. What makes the touts even think these 'polithiefians' has the interest of the people at heart. May the departed souls rest in peace. If they have another opportunity to come to this world again they will utilise it well.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by Inspectahdeck(m): 8:11am On Mar 21, 2016
What a pity

Future leaders dying like goats for a political leader or leaders.

We need to learn one or two lessons from the civil war, Rwanda genocide, Somalia, Sudan, Liberia too mention a few. War or fighting isn't the last resort, dialogue is key.

Nigeria is so hot a the moment.

Well God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by mumbasa: 8:19am On Mar 21, 2016
The APC plan was simple. Arrest all PDP leaders ,I Amaechi will handle the media propaganda.

APC cannot impose leaders on us we don't want them, and it's that simple.

The were fake materials brought to the LGA , the PDP knew that they were not responsible for the fake materials and were shocked, the SSG ran out of his house to the polling units to inform PDP supporters to not vote and demands that inec answer questions. APC agents called Amaechi to inform him that d plan to write results didn't work as people have realized that the results sheets were missing.

On the order of Amaechi more than 5 military vans came to arrest the Secretary to the state Government - Kenneth Kobani as a measure to hide their crime.

They said if Kenneth Kobani was not a Party Agent he was supposed to vote and leave and not talk to his party supporters even if results sheets were fake and confirmed they arrested him for campaign on election day.

Amaechi - God Dey

APC - GOD Dey

Only one week Amaechi stay rivers state, see political tension, see violence, see deaths. APC zombies say he is a saint

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by talktimi(m): 8:22am On Mar 21, 2016
dunkem21:
he is a sacred cow

4 Likes

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:20am On Mar 21, 2016
APC will rule Nigeria for 60years!!

It is our turn to Rig sha!!

Hold your Rivers and SE....

I can't wait for 2019 when I will help to write results in my house!!

If e pain you, visit the nearest Lagoon!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by jojomario(m): 9:24am On Mar 21, 2016
When you decide to go gentle and be soft, you tend to be a dullard as some people will nail you.

I am blaming the president for all these. Obasanjo would not have allowed the supreme court judgement in favor of an opposition. He clean up any mess before the mess even think of surfacing.

Buhari never said anything about what PDP did to win Ekiti at all cost.
Some will say bubu is soft. For your information , a federal might is far greater than the state. Take it or leave it.

4 Likes

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 21, 2016
mumbasa:
The APC plan was simple. Arrest all PDP leaders ,I Amaechi will handle the media propaganda.

APC cannot impose leaders on us we don't want them, and it's that simple.

The were fake materials brought to the LGA , the PDP knew that they were not responsible for the fake materials and were shocked, the SSG ran out of his house to the polling units to inform PDP supporters to not vote and demands that inec answer questions. APC agents called Amaechi to inform him that d plan to write results didn't work as people have realized that the results sheets were missing.

On the order of Amaechi more than 5 military vans came to arrest the Secretary to the state Government - Kenneth Kobani as a measure to hide their crime.

They said if Kenneth Kobani was not a Party Agent he was supposed to vote and leave and not talk to his party supporters even if results sheets were fake and confirmed they arrested him for campaign on election day.

Amaechi - God Dey

APC - GOD Dey

Only one week Amaechi stay rivers state, see political tension, see violence, see deaths. APC zombies say he is a saint
Lmfao.

2 Likes

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by Afroconnect: 9:31am On Mar 21, 2016
Political office holders are servants of the people. In China a former minister just got a death sentence,In Brazil,there are wild protests due to allegations of corruption on the President and ex presidents,these are wise citizens,they know they are the masters and politicians are the slaves,cos we pay them with our taxes and National revenue.

The moments Nigerians all realize politicians are our slaves,then the dumb youths will stop fighting for them,but rather confront and attack them when they are not serving right,and when they steal,jail them for 30yrs or more. Our constitution needs to be amended. We the masters must demand our constitution carry higher jail terms for our political servants. America,UK-all nations of the world realise and apply this-Nigerians wake up,own and control your country and destiny.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by baralatie(m): 9:45am On Mar 21, 2016
dunkem21:
What about the **guccilooksgoodonmeinecofficial**

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 21, 2016
and I promise to personally ROAST you and your household..... It's a promise not a threat.

BiafraBushBoy:
APC will rule Nigeria for 60years!!

It is our turn to Rig sha!!

Hold your Rivers and SE....

I can't wait for 2019 when I will help to write results in my house!!

If e pain you, visit the nearest Lagoon!!

9 Likes

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:16am On Mar 21, 2016
angels09:
and I promise to personally ROAST you and your household..... It's a promise not a threat.

Don't stay in your village farm and tag me!!

Maka slap!!!

7 Likes

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 21, 2016
you wish
BiafraBushBoy:

Don't stay in your village farm and tag me!!

Maka slap!!!

1 Like

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:47am On Mar 21, 2016
angels09:
you wish

Instead of focusing on your farm yard, you are busy Wailing!!

Is Buhari the reason for your failure??

Gbafuo my Friend!!!!

Mugu di ka gi

4 Likes

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 21, 2016
failure?... you wish. Meanwhile speak in a renowned language.

BiafraBushBoy:

Instead of focusing on your farm yard, you are busy Wailing!!

Is Buhari the reason for your failure??

Gbafuo my Friend!!!!

Mugu di ka gi

1 Like

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by eziokwubundunuwa: 11:54am On Mar 21, 2016
amtaken:
As usual, all APC chieftains are exonerated, including the face cap donor.

Fake DSS/Police.

All the offences reported were committed by PDP including threatening of the electoral officer sneaked out with face cap.

5 Likes

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:56am On Mar 21, 2016
angels09:
failure?... you wish. Meanwhile speak in a renowned language.

I don't know why you are following me!!

Get the bleep off my profile... I can't threaten you here, but you wouldn't wana like the outcome!!

Pi55 off!!
Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
wanking on ur head is a nice prospect.
BiafraBushBoy:

I don't know why you are following me!!

Get the bleep off my profile... I can't threaten you here, but you wouldn't wana like the outcome!!

Pi55 off!!

1 Like

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by Segadem(m): 2:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
Hmmm,ok
In OBJ voice "this election is going to be do or die affair"
Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by omomalaika: 2:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
Kai, Nigerian army has been relegated to the back room
Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by OsusuMustFlow(f): 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2016
nice one
Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by Esperooke(m): 2:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
carrying arms against your own brothers, killing and maiming just
for the mere reason of spiting either Amaechi or Wike who may later reconcile
and become political ally again is nothing but barbarism at it's peak. I wonder what it is with this our people from the down side with the politics of blood and violence...... May God teach them to know that politics is not war.

1 Like

Re: Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll by luvinhubby(m): 2:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
dunkem21:

grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sani Abdullahi To Challenge Yahaya Bello For Kogi APC Governorship Ticket / Police Forcefully Evict Magodo Estate Residents Over Supreme Court Judgement / Throwback Photo Of Reno Omokri Protesting Against Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.