Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,522 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans (6579 Views)

Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy / The Act Of 'giving To God' As Explained By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / Angels Appear As Humans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by shdemidemi(m): 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
Rayhut:
This is the correct answer to ebola outbreak,God have already giving us the brain to fight ebola through research,but unfortunately African countries are too corupt and not mindful like other continents.

You are right, we have failed to be inventive in every sphere of life.... It is no surprise that anything beneficial to human and biological life comes through the western world.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by mazaje(m): 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2014
Image123:
You're ranting you know?

call it what ever you want. . .your business. . .
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
Image123:
You're ranting you know?
No he isn't.

What he is saying is very clear and straightforward, but because of the emotional attachment you have with your religion that is why you don't want to open up your mind to reason with him.

Blunders in your argument:
1)You are putting mazaje on the same level God. Mazaje is NOT all powerful,all knowing, all merciful nor all present.

2)By asking Mazaje if he can give someone 40k naira,your point is that curing Ebola is a big deal for God since I suppose you think Mazaje is too stingy to give 40k out like that.

3)After Mazaje told you he has given someone even more than the amount you mention,you asked him if he could do So again to your friend,and he said no,obviously because he doesn't know your friend personally. Then you diverted your point to "because someone did something once doesn't mean he should/would do it again.". Poor argument.

Did your mum ever stop giving your food when you were young?
Did she ever tell you that because she was doing it before doesn't mean she should do it again.

The truth is,you are just fabricating excuses for God which we all know doesn't make an iota of sense.
*Cheers*

8 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by shdemidemi(m): 11:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
Many Christians misrepresent God, they say what God isn't saying in self deceit and for all manner of lust. God isn't telling any Christian he can't fall ill or die of illness neither is He telling anyone to come to Him for the sake of getting their problem solved.

A man is made up of two separate kind of lives- a biological life and a soul life. Our biological life is what is connected to this world, anything that pertains to our physical body reacts perfectly to biology and medicine. The soul life is the part that reacts to God only through His word.

It is a known fact that Christians suffer similar things as unbelievers in the world. Whatever positive thing that happens to a Christian also happens to non christians, this phenomenon is biblical. But, the contemporary Christians have been pushed to a place where they are given false hopes about what God is all about.
2 Corinthians 17 says
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

Romans 8:18
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Romans 8:22
For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children,[j] including the new bodies he has promised us

It is clear that God is not making anyone immune from life troubles and afflictions.. We can be spiritual and yet be innovative like the westerners but our minds seem so weak.

2 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by CHARLOE(m): 10:41am On Aug 09, 2014
@ image123, ur line of argument is weak, am a xtian but hate 2 admit d atheists are making a valid pt. D bible is contradictry somtimes, Promising divine helth, healing, miracles (like image123 is trying 2 defend) n in anoda part saying we are prone to sickness n oda trobles of life (like shdemidemi is admiting). I've always wondered y we only c healing n miracles on d pages of d bible wit promises 2 us of same if we belive, but in reality it doesn't hapen, cos if it does, ebola n oda diseases wil b a tin of d past. Science has provided solutions to several diseases dat were previously incurable n hopefuly wil do same to ebola, as i kno we're all hoping, both xtians n muslims alike. I belive as som1 said earlier, God has bin misrepresentd 2 us n d bible does not help matters, but d evidence of his existence abound all around us in form of inteligent design; frm d complex n perfect human body to d super complex n infinite universe n how evertin work in perfect harmony. Maybe instead of calling dis super intelligent being god, call him d creator or what u wish (so u wont be reffering to d god of d bible in ur mind, cos of d obvious flaws in d bible). My submisions: d presence of intelligent design all around us pis proof of a super intelligent designer/creator/god, but he does not interfer in d affairs of men d way we are told in d bible/koran. Or god n satan are 1 n dsame person, just 2 sides of a coin.

2 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by gatiano(m): 2:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
Why are you arguing over what is not necessary at this particular point in time, GOD didn't ask nobody to defend HIM, HE is capable of that by HIMSELF. GOD has made some heart so hardened to the truth, like he did pharoah, no amount of arguing will change him, instead you might be the one that may cross to his believe.
Ebola doesn't care who anybody is, it grips a person, it cuts him down, even super agba holi funfun.

cut the things that can store dirt in the body, braids, hair, finger and the toe nails
remove all jewelleries for the time being. (cut your hair by yourself o, i will use gelitte or blade to preserve myself)
take pressurise bath every hour( if you can, just put a nozzle to a rubber pipe and fleet yourself every hour)
don't stay in a single place for more than 15 to 20 mins
cover that bald head that you already have cut out.
wash your armpit thoroughly, the back of your ears, thigns and cover your nose.
inform ur friends at hand by phone that no visitor allowed, ask for forgiveness.
rinse your mouth regularly once with mouth washer and every time and then with water
boil till melting stage your meat, or quit them now.
drink from your own bottle the water you collected yourself!
ventilate your house and surroundings well
if you have a/c keep your room/house cold, insect won't survive it except for cockroaches
this is not too much, salts creates more sweat, its useless.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by plaetton: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
CHARLOE: @ image123, ur line of argument is weak, am a xtian but hate 2 admit d atheists are making a valid pt. D bible is contradictry somtimes, Promising divine helth, healing, miracles (like image123 is trying 2 defend) n in anoda part saying we are prone to sickness n oda trobles of life (like shdemidemi is admiting). I've always wondered y we only c healing n miracles on d pages of d bible wit promises 2 us of same if we belive, but in reality it doesn't hapen, cos if it does, ebola n oda diseases wil b a tin of d past. Science has provided solutions to several diseases dat were previously incurable n hopefuly wil do same to ebola, as i kno we're all hoping, both xtians n muslims alike. I belive as som1 said earlier, God has bin misrepresentd 2 us n d bible does not help matters, but d evidence of his existence abound all around us in form of inteligent design; frm d complex n perfect human body to d super complex n infinite universe n how evertin work in perfect harmony. Maybe instead of calling dis super intelligent being god, call him d creator or what u wish (so u wont be reffering to d god of d bible in ur mind, cos of d obvious flaws in d bible). My submisions: d presence of intelligent design all around us pis proof of a super intelligent designer/creator/god, but he does not interfer in d affairs of men d way we are told in d bible/koran. Or god n satan are 1 n dsame person, just 2 sides of a coin.

I agree with the first part of your post, except where you said mentioned intelligent design.
The fact that we are here discussing Ebola, a runaway disease that distabilizes and kills the human body should be enough to disprove your so-called intelligent design.
The human body, or any body for that matter, is not intelligently designed, otherwise it would not be prone to disease and malfunction at all, considering the omni omni power, wisdom and foresight of the supposed designer.

Also, let me remind you, there is no perfect harmony in the universe. What you see as harmony are structures and mechanisms that took millions and billions of years to attain certain degrees of stability.

For example, it took the Earth over 4 billions years of violent wobbles just to attain its near-perfect orbit around the Sun. It is these violent wobbles of yesteryears that gave rise to craters, mountains, rivers and volcanic activities and of course the continents drifting part.

2 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by mazaje(m): 6:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
plaetton:
I agree with the first part of your post, except where you said mentioned intelligent design.
The fact that we are here discussing Ebola, a runaway disease that distabilizes and kills the human body should be enough to disprove your so-called intelligent design.
The human body, or any body for that matter, is not intelligently designed, otherwise it would not be prone to disease and malfunction at all, considering the omni omni power, wisdom and foresight of the supposed designer.
Also, let me remind you, there is no perfect harmony in the universe. What you see as harmony are structures and mechanisms that took millions and billions of years to attain certain degrees of stability.
For example, it took the Earth over 4 billions years of violent wobbles just to attain its near-perfect orbit around the Sun. It is these violent wobbles of yesteryears that gave rise to craters, mountains, rivers and volcanic activities and of course the continents drifting part.

I just tire for this intelligent design argument. . .Ebola was intelligently designed for what?. . What about Hurricane and sink holes?. . .what were they intelligently designed for?. . .The asterisked nko?. . .what were they intelligently designed for?. . .Even our parent star the sun will some day grow too big and consume the earth, what was it intelligently designed for?. . .
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by CHARLOE(m): 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
@ Mazaje. Plaeton, i've a lot of respect 4 u guys n ur opinions, it's partly cos of pple like u i started seeing tins in a new lite. U guys sound inteligent so it bafles me how u can c somtin as complex as d human body, each part working in perfect harmony wit others, hw all our physical n emotional n physiological atributes are stored in our gene n hw d reproductn process produces animals of same specie n features, goat produce goat not dog, birds giv birth 2 birds n of same specie. HUmans dont giv birth 2 half animal half human etc if we had say, 50percent of animals repr diff species frm d norm or animal, in d process of evolution, den i'll understand wher u'r coming frm. (Yes som are born disabled, but wat is d percentage, and there's Usualy a reason 4 dat kind of ocurence. Or d case of man/woman sleeping wit an animal n giving birth 2 half human half animal, these ar rare n xplainable, not d norm). Talk more of d solar sys suspended in spce by invisible forces, working in perfect precision 4 millenia, d billions of galaxies in d universe, etc etc brooosss wetin, una dey fall hand! Conclusion: no amount of randomness n chaos in billions of yrs, can bring about d kind of inteligent design we c in n around us, replicated tru reproduction, 4 millenia, d. Probability is nil! I've bin a xtian all my life until recently, wen i started tinking out of d box. Now i descr mysef as a truth seeker, n agree dat 'holy books' like d bible, koran etc may b man-made n used 4 control, it does not change d fact dat d inteligent dsine around us were made by a super inteligent, superhuman creator(s). U cant c a car n say it evolved randomly, ova bilions of yrs, imposicant!

1 Like

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by CHARLOE(m): 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
D fact dat natural disasters like eartquak, vocanic eruptn, tsunami etc ocur ocasionaly, does not change dat fact. Abi if u bought a car brand new n after 5yrs it stats giving u probs ocasionaly; flat tire, dents, brake failure etc will u now conclude ur car was not manufactured by enginEers, but appeared randomly by chance?
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 2:14am On Aug 11, 2014
Dapo777:
No he isn't.

What he is saying is very clear and straightforward, but because of the emotional attachment you have with your religion that is why you don't want to open up your mind to reason with him.

Blunders in your argument:
1)You are putting mazaje on the same level God. Mazaje is NOT all powerful,all knowing, all merciful nor all present.

2)By asking Mazaje if he can give someone 40k naira,your point is that curing Ebola is a big deal for God since I suppose you think Mazaje is too stingy to give 40k out like that.

3)After Mazaje told you he has given someone even more than the amount you mention,you asked him if he could do So again to your friend,and he said no,obviously because he doesn't know your friend personally. Then you diverted your point to "because someone did something once doesn't mean he should/would do it again.". Poor argument.

Did your mum ever stop giving your food when you were young?
Did she ever tell you that because she was doing it before doesn't mean she should do it again.

The truth is,you are just fabricating excuses for God which we all know doesn't make an iota of sense.
*Cheers*

mazaje's rescuer. You've done a poor job.
1. i didn't put him as all powerful or all anything. i simply showed him how he was unwilling to do something within his capacity. that is give out 50000naira.
2. 50,000naira is not a big deal to mazaje supposedly, yet he refused(almost with glee) to give my friend.
3. Nothing to do with mazaje's generosity or otherwise. It was just an average figure aimed at showing the basic lesson which mazaje understood. Giving or doing is not done only on the basis of ability. The reasoning was that if God is able, then He must do something, remember.
You keep bringing my mum into this, yet when i show you the sense, you'd get mad at me. God is good, take that to the bank.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 2:33am On Aug 11, 2014
CHARLOE: @ image123, ur line of argument is weak, am a xtian but hate 2 admit d atheists are making a valid pt. D bible is contradictry somtimes, Promising divine helth, healing, miracles (like image123 is trying 2 defend) n in anoda part saying we are prone to sickness n oda trobles of life (like shdemidemi is admiting). I've always wondered y we only c healing n miracles on d pages of d bible wit promises 2 us of same if we belive, but in reality it doesn't hapen, cos if it does, ebola n oda diseases wil b a tin of d past. Science has provided solutions to several diseases dat were previously incurable n hopefuly wil do same to ebola, as i kno we're all hoping, both xtians n muslims alike. I belive as som1 said earlier, God has bin misrepresentd 2 us n d bible does not help matters, but d evidence of his existence abound all around us in form of inteligent design; frm d complex n perfect human body to d super complex n infinite universe n how evertin work in perfect harmony. Maybe instead of calling dis super intelligent being god, call him d creator or what u wish (so u wont be reffering to d god of d bible in ur mind, cos of d obvious flaws in d bible). My submisions: d presence of intelligent design all around us pis proof of a super intelligent designer/creator/god, but he does not interfer in d affairs of men d way we are told in d bible/koran. Or god n satan are 1 n dsame person, just 2 sides of a coin.

Really, no argument not to mention line in this for me. i'm just answering questions. It's okay to note that there are valid questions albeit overlaced with mockery and scoffing.
There is no misrepresentation or contradiction in the scriptures. What we have are the right shades of day and night, up and down, rain and sunshine, head and tail. It's actually a matter of understanding and perspective. God still works miracles, so also has He given man wisdom and material to survive.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 2:41am On Aug 11, 2014
mazaje:

I just tire for this intelligent design argument. . .Ebola was intelligently designed for what?. . What about Hurricane and sink holes?. . .what were they intelligently designed for?. . .The asterisked nko?. . .what were they intelligently designed for?. . .Even our parent star the sun will some day grow too big and consume the earth, what was it intelligently designed for?. . .

There you go again re-defining intelligence. In other words, you are not intelligent too right? When for instance, you scored 80/100 or 93/100 , definitely you're not intelligent. We should ask what abouts on the marks you missed. Your refusal to acknowledge intelligence is in itself unintelligent.

1 Like

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 2:49am On Aug 11, 2014
plaetton:

Kindly give an example of what is intelligent or perfect, any example(s).
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by plaetton: 6:15am On Aug 11, 2014
Image123:

Kindly give an example of what is intelligent or perfect, any example(s).

The question should very well be directed at those of you who propose the dubious notion of intelligent design.
For you guys to say that the universe, or the earthlife was intelligently designed, you should have to show us an example of a non-intelligently designed universe as a fair comparison.
Not so?.

6 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by davien(m): 10:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
Intelligent design from the creation "science" perspective is a logical fallacy....

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by ataller1: 11:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
plaetton: Haba!
You beat me to this thread.

Ebola, its devastations, the fear that it evokes should, if Nigerian s were thinkers, be the final nail in God's coffin.
God is dead, killed by the Ebola virus, or at the least, rendered impotent.

This should have been a period for faith to wax strong. This should be time for Bonnke, Benny Ginn, Adeboye, Oyaks, Oyedepo and of course TV clown TB Joshua to reach out to Liberians and showcase the much touted power of god.

But alas, god and his earthly minions have gone AWOL, as has always been the case when disaster strikes.

God is like a crooked insurance company that reads you the fine print and hidden clauses when it's time to redeem their policy, even after all premiums of faith have been duly paid.

Men Of God, go out, preach the word, embrace and heal the sick. It doesn't matter if you die, for such would be the ultimate sacrifice similar to the which Jesus did for all mankind.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by wiegraf: 4:14am On Aug 12, 2014
CHARLOE: @ Mazaje. Plaeton, i've a lot of respect 4 u guys n ur opinions, it's partly cos of pple like u i started seeing tins in a new lite. U guys sound inteligent so it bafles me how u can c somtin as complex as d human body, each part working in perfect harmony wit others, hw all our physical n emotional n physiological atributes are stored in our gene n hw d reproductn process produces animals of same specie n features, goat produce goat not dog, birds giv birth 2 birds n of same specie. HUmans dont giv birth 2 half animal half human etc if we had say, 50percent of animals repr diff species frm d norm or animal, in d process of evolution, den i'll understand wher u'r coming frm. (Yes som are born disabled, but wat is d percentage, and there's Usualy a reason 4 dat kind of ocurence. Or d case of man/woman sleeping wit an animal n giving birth 2 half human half animal, these ar rare n xplainable, not d norm). Talk more of d solar sys suspended in spce by invisible forces, working in perfect precision 4 millenia, d billions of galaxies in d universe, etc etc brooosss wetin, una dey fall hand! Conclusion: no amount of randomness n chaos in billions of yrs, can bring about d kind of inteligent design we c in n around us, replicated tru reproduction, 4 millenia, d. Probability is nil! I've bin a xtian all my life until recently, wen i started tinking out of d box. Now i descr mysef as a truth seeker, n agree dat 'holy books' like d bible, koran etc may b man-made n used 4 control, it does not change d fact dat d inteligent dsine around us were made by a super inteligent, superhuman creator(s). U cant c a car n say it evolved randomly, ova bilions of yrs, imposicant!

CHARLOE: D fact dat natural disasters like eartquak, vocanic eruptn, tsunami etc ocur ocasionaly, does not change dat fact. Abi if u bought a car brand new n after 5yrs it stats giving u probs ocasionaly; flat tire, dents, brake failure etc will u now conclude ur car was not manufactured by enginEers, but appeared randomly by chance?

You miss his points completely. For instance, you talk of numbers and probabilities, do you know just how incredibly large this universe is? Yet we can only confirm life such as ours on this tiny little spec? No radio waves in any direction with a hint of intelligence behind them. You, as an intelligent designer, would you spend 4 billion years haphazardly and chaotically building this planet or something similar. An asteroid slightly changes direction in this unpredictable universe, and that's it, there would be no more life on this planet.How many other planets are there in our solar system alone, essentially useless and even hazardous, completely, as far as you, I or any carbon-based life are concerned?

Do you also how many billions of species have evolved and/or become extinct? And also, of these billions, do you know how many managed to attain our sort of consciousness? A fly could have wiped out homo sapiens. Even today, have you noted ebola? Imagine a flurry of such outbreaks during humanity's nascence, do you think we'd have survived? Modern Africa can't even deal with it effectively, let alone our more ignorant ancestors.

You talk of perfect design, do you know how many organs in your body could be much, much better? Start with your eyes, compare them to that of an eagle. Or one of the more prominent and elementary examples; as an intelligent designer would have come up with the human reproductive system? One so flawed it is responsible for more deaths through history than any other factor? You do realize many other species (likely most, and by some distance) have much better systems in place?

These, and the cacophony myriad problems are in no way perfect, you just translate the so because of your bias. It is chaos, motley patchwork that would just do. It's like seeing a 3 tired kerosine powered car and claiming it perfect. Heck, it's like seeing a unicycle and claiming it perfect to take you from Lagos to Abuja. Sure kerosine keke napep may run, but do you really think it a superior design to any petrol powered vehicle with 4 wheels? And we, as intelligent designers, we'll continue to refine and perfect our design, till we have say fully environmentally friendly AI controlled cars, in which the chances of one having an accident even if say insanely drunk become near nil.

You're already talking about 'invisible' forces keeping the earth in planet. Something easily explained (though still being studied) hundreds of years ago; gravity, bosons, etc. Claiming invisible force is already very close to speaking like the typical xtians you at least recognize are terribly confused.

Perhaps you should describe your god. Does he have a plan, intentions or no (particularly with us, the human race)? Is he omnixx.x. etc etc

6 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
ifeness: God is dead,he died long time ago.

In the other post you said HE DOES NOT EXIST and now you are saying He is dead.

How can one who does not exist, die?
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Weah96: 1:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
Timzy234:

In the other post you said HE DOES NOT EXIST and now you are saying He is dead.

How can one who does not exist, die?

Semantics. They should both mean the same thing to you.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
Weah96:

Semantics. They should both mean the same thing to you.

And yet u say christianity contradicts and people try to make excuses for things they can't explain. What have you just done? grin

1 Like

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dragonking:

Defending the bible god once again as he shows how weak he is..SMH

The bible claimed elijah commanded fire from heaven to come down and burn his enemies yet none of our pastors can do same to bokoharam in sambisa forest..The bible claimed that jesus/ his disciples laid his hands on the sick and were healed but yet again our pastors fail to heal victims suffering from ebola virus...When exactly will this almighty god finally show his power or is it seasonal?
Guy 5 have been cured of EVD. This was a disease which science placed its mortality rate at 90% hw come people are now surviving it?
THE GOD OF ELIJAH IS THE SAME TODAY AND FOREVER. I PRAISE HIS NAME

GREAT is our God and marvelous
Worthy to be blessed
Haleluyah!
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by TheBigUrban2: 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
Geniuz:
Guy 5 have been cured of EVD. This was a disease which science placed its mortality rate at 90% hw come people are now surviving it?
THE GOD OF ELIJAH IS THE SAME TODAY AND FOREVER. I PRAISE HIS NAME

GREAT is our God and marvelous
Worthy to be blessed
Haleluyah!

Yawn.....scientists have known that the mortality rates vary.

mtchew
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Yawn.....scientists have known that the mortality rates vary.

mtchew
I knw u r confused let me help u, God is the God of science (Omniscience),but its sin to believe in science instead of the creator of science
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by TheBigUrban2: 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
Geniuz:
I knw u r confused let me help u, God is the God of science (Omniscience),but its sin to believe in science instead of the creator of science

The same science God that claimed that he made woman out of a man's ribs?
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Zeus777: 8:36am On Aug 28, 2014
fulli16: i see people who have neva xperienced d power of God...
cause if you truly know God...
mtscheew
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Zeus777: 9:15am On Aug 28, 2014
Image123:

Valid questions though laced with mockery. Things are not just done simply on the basis that they can be done. Can you help a beggar or even a friend with 50, 000 naira? Maybe yes, but would you?
God has provided His solution to ebola and all pain and suffering since about 2014years ago. He's not at a loss if the whole world died of ebola, go figure.
am sorry but I didn't see any sense in this ur post
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Zeus777: 10:35am On Aug 28, 2014
Geniuz:

I worship an all knowing God He knows why He allows these things to happen. He promised not to allow those disease He purnished Egypt with to befall us so for this to happen, there must be a reason. God may be warning or reminding us of something or just trying our faith or anything, Gods thaughts are different from that of men.
rationalisation.... The usual rubbish u hear from dogmatically infested people
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by CrazyMan(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2014
plaetton: Haba!
You beat me to this thread.

Ebola, its devastations, the fear that it evokes should, if Nigerian s were thinkers, be the final nail in God's coffin.
God is dead, killed by the Ebola virus, or at the least, rendered impotent.

This should have been a period for faith to wax strong. This should be time for Bonnke, Benny Ginn, Adeboye, Oyaks, Oyedepo and of course TV clown TB Joshua to reach out to Liberians and showcase the much touted power of god.

But alas, god and his earthly minions have gone AWOL, as has always been the case when disaster strikes.

God is like a crooked insurance company that reads you the fine print and hidden clauses when it's time to redeem their policy, even after all premiums of faith have been duly paid.

Men Of God, go out, preach the word, embrace and heal the sick. It doesn't matter if you die, for such would be the ultimate sacrifice similar to the which Jesus did for all mankind.
Hello bro...

Diseases has been in existence since the fall of man, therefore Ebola shouldn't be an exception.

We had leprosy (arguably one of the oldest disease on the planet) then HIV, SARS, TUBERCOLOSIS...etc. The God who saw us through those deadly and contagious diseases, would see us through this Ebola epidemic.

My God isn't dead bro. wink
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Zeus777: 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
Dragonking:

Defending the bible god once again as he shows how weak he is..SMH

The bible claimed elijah commanded fire from heaven to come down and burn his enemies yet none of our pastors can do same to bokoharam in sambisa forest..The bible claimed that jesus/ his disciples laid his hands on the sick and were healed but yet again our pastors fail to heal victims suffering from ebola virus...When exactly will this almighty god finally show his power or is it seasonal?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
Zeus777: am sorry but I didn't see any sense in this ur post

Meditate on it till it clicks.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Weah96: 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
CrazyMan:
Hello bro...

Diseases has been in existence since the fall of man, therefore Ebola shouldn't be an exception.

We had leprosy (arguably one of the oldest disease on the planet) then HIV, SARS, TUBERCOLOSIS...etc. The God who saw us through those deadly and contagious diseases, would see us through this Ebola epidemic.

My God isn't dead bro. wink

SMH. Just noticed your handle.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christian Association Of Nigeria: Violation Of Religious Right / Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? / He Has Qualified You - Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.