Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

E-learning App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / E-learning App (632 Views)

Mobile Learning App Creation? / E-learning Management Php Project / Enterprise E-learning Portal Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

E-learning App by Kolaobis: 10:55am On Aug 05, 2014
As an e-Learning developer this means I have to adapt my skills to suit this need. Fortunately here at e-Learning Studios we have the AGSLApp authoring tool which enables you to create SCORM compliant apps for pretty much any mobile device and also have them work perfectly on your traditional desktop and laptop computers as well. These apps can be viewed in a browser or can be downloaded to a mobile device and accessed directly from the home screen.

A recent project that I worked on was developing a series of mobile learning modules focusing on sales simulations. This project highlighted the differences between traditional e-Learning and mobile learning. Firstly, on a mobile phone there is limited amount of space for the learning content and text becomes more difficult to read. Therefore, we needed a way to deliver the learning without using a great deal of text. Voiceovers combined with animations are the best way to solve this. The voiceovers deliver the learning content and the animated images provide simple and fun representations of what is being said in the voiceover.

AGSApp provides an easy way to time your animations with audio. Simply upload the audio file (or record your voiceover directly into AGSApp) and select the option to ‘Synchronise other objects on this step to this audio’. This means that any object on that step with a timed appearance/ disappearance delay will sync with that point in the audio file.

A second issue was that the users are now interacting with the modules using touch rather than clicking with a mouse. Buttons need to be large enough to enable users to touch the right area easily. It’s also useful to give some sort of visual feedback that indicates that a button has been touched. For example, in AGSApp I am able to add touchdown images to buttons, so that the button can change once it has been touched...For more information callsad07031091041)

(1) (Reply)

Apply To Enter Koded, The Competition For Nigerian's Coders / Programmers In The House, Is This Possible? / Installing A XP Pro As 2nd OS After Win 8.1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.