Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? (1616 Views)

Nigerian Military Buried Shiite Members Alive- Amnesty International. / We Are Stripping Boko Haram Of All Religious Pretensions — Buhari / Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by dekronik: 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
I'm really tired of this useless boko haram supporting organisation that calls itself amnesty international. When boko haram slaughtered Umar Abubakar of Nigerian Airforce and killed and burned villages and houses AI will be no where to be found. Any slight reaction from the Nigerian Army the so called AI will begin to accuse the federal govt of "war crimes". For God and heavens sake what sort of hypocrisy is this? In the video of the slaughtering of Umar Abubakar the boys gleefully declared they are members of BH and "allah" has given them an "infidel". Why is AI not charging them to Hague. What could constitute war crime than gunmen invading villages and burning of houses, kidnapping of young girls etc. I have just one thing to say: F**k Amnesty International.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by Danhumprey: 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
Me sef dey wonder ooo!!!!!
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by BedLam: 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
They are Western puppets, forget about them! US drones has killed 100 times more, you won't hear them screaming outrage.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by Maisuya1: 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
because boko haram is a terrorist organization -thats what they do, and nigerian army is a state actor - thats what they are not supposed to do.

you dont accuse a rat of stealing from the pot, you blame the owner for leaving the pot open.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by EMERITUS85(m): 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
@op i love you #nohomo

i just dont understand those bastards

so killing few bokoharam in a stylish way they invented is more than bombing massacring and kidnapping thousands of women children and armless men.

so bokoharam's life now has a value than an average innocent citizens

amnesty international my nyach

that awkward moment when you need gen Azubuike ihejirika kai i miss that man

1 Like

Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by ejlee(m): 4:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
Na today you know, US is a key Sponsor of Boko Haram Just to weaken Nigeria Status as Africa Giant why Amnesty Internation is US Talking Drum, hmmm we need to ignored them # United Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
Amnesty International and Terrorism are different products of the same company.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by onuwaje(m): 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
Guess they re stupid I guess
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by cirmuell(m): 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
Who takes Amnesty International seriously. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by JAYMA(m): 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
Just the same way they will not accuse GAZA, ISIS etc. Reports needs to be balance and if i may ask why are they not worried that most of this guys are bent on destroying the institution? They only voice out anytime the Army makes mistake which no one is happy about but in a situation like this one can be provoked to the unthinkable. Some asked Hamas Political wing a very good question; he said why is it that Hamas soldier/ fighter are not known? everyone could see Isreali soldier, the way they dress and even the report of how some of them die but why is it that Hamas will never show face if not that they are have a very bad agenda. Armnesty please let your report be balance.

God bless Nigeria
Evil befall all against the progress of Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by fitzmayowa: 4:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
JAYMA: Just the same way they will not accuse GAZA, ISIS etc. Reports needs to be balance and if i may ask why are they not worried that most of this guys are bent on destroying the institution? They only voice out anytime the Army makes mistake which no one is happy about but in a situation like this one can be provoked to the unthinkable. Some asked Hamas Political wing a very good question; he said why is it that Hamas soldier/ fighter are not known? everyone could see Isreali soldier, the way they dress and even the report of how some of them die but why is it that Hamas will never show face if not that they are have a very bad agenda. Armnesty please let your report be balance.

God bless Nigeria
Evil befall all against the progress of Nigeria.

I tire oooo
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by shizzle11(m): 4:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
Maisuya1: because boko haram is a terrorist organization -thats what they do, and nigerian army is a state actor - thats what they are not supposed to do.

[s]you dont accuse a rat of stealing from the pot, you blame the owner for leaving the pot open[/s].
aboki defending his evil brothers since 1909. maisuya kor, maishayi ni.

May the gods strike dead for supporting terror

1 Like

Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by aderonila18: 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
EMERITUS85: @op i love you #nohomo

i just dont understand those bastards

so killing few bokoharam in a stylish way they invented is more than bombing massacring and kidnapping thousands of women children and armless men.

so bokoharam's life now has a value than an average innocent citizens

amnesty international my nyach

that awkward moment when you need gen Azubuike ihejirika kai i miss that man

How are we sure they are Boko Haram? That is the problem with jungle justice, some innocent people will get killed maybe just because they were at the wrong place or a neighbour who doesn't like them reported them as BH. Why not hand them over to the police and follow due process? They may have obtained more information about the organization if they did that
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
Like USAID, Like AMNESTY International, they all work for the state department
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by ratiken(m): 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
Some people far away in the US are keen at seeing us disintegrate and all ploys are in play to make that happen.
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by aderonila18: 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
ratiken: Some people far away in the US are keen at seeing us disintegrate and all ploys are in play to make that happen.

A lot of Nigerians are also keen for us to separate as evident on Nairaland. I don't think it's a bad idea, when tribalism goes maybe we can solve our problems finally as separate regions.
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 05, 2014
All na Format
All na CIA
All na Plans to Break Nigeria
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by size38: 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
That is because FG said Boko Haram members are faceless. So do u charge a faceless group for war crime?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by ideycraze: 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
ejlee: Na today you know, US is a key Sponsor of Boko Haram Just to weaken Nigeria Status as Africa Giant why Amnesty Internation is US Talking Drum, hmmm we need to ignored them # United Nigeria
It's now US ,no longer APC
Hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by dekronik: 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
I sense some boko haram apologists. Maysuya and others.
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by Missy89(f): 6:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
Boko haram is not a professional fight force
Terrorist organization carry out acts of terror and that is self explanatory. no one expect them to follow the principles of warfare (even thou there is no war going on)

Professional military are the ones that are accused of war crimes because they are expected to fight conventionally/unconventionally in a specific way. no matter who their adversary is.

is that too hard to understand?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by aresa: 7:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
The olodo OP just put his own country on the same scale with terrorists...smh.

It's like Nigeria is now some kind of assembly plant for ignorant dummies...

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
dekronik: I'm really tired of this useless boko haram supporting organisation that calls itself amnesty international. When boko haram slaughtered Umar Abubakar of Nigerian Airforce and killed and burned villages and houses AI will be no where to be found. Any slight reaction from the Nigerian Army the so called AI will begin to accuse the federal govt of "war crimes". For God and heaivens sake what sort of hypocrisy is this? In the video of the slaughtering of Umar Abubakar the boys gleefully declared they are members of BH and "allah" has given them an "infidel". Why is AI not charging them to Hague. What could constitute war crime than gunmen invading villages and burning of houses, kidnapping of young girls etc. I have just one thing to say: F**k Amnesty International.

I thought im the only one wondering this morning what exactly is the plans of the western world towards Nigeria because I see the Libyan kind of media propaganda against Nigeria by the western world playing out here and its beginning to frighten me, this was the same strategy used in libya to turn the people against themselves and that once peaceful nation is now a shadow of what it use to be and it seems Nigeria is the next place to be thrown into eternal turmoil using its citizens against one another and its really working as planned and will soon escalate.

I woke up this morning and turned my telly on to France 24 news channel only to see video clips of Nigerian soldier's along with some armed civillians whom I presumed are the local vigilante group working alongside with the jtf really beating up some arrested individuals that are said to be boko haram members.

The reporter said lots of negative things about Nigerian soldier's and I am yet to see the western media nor amnesty international relay to the world video clips of the horror boko haram have been dishing out to innocent Nigerians.

The report for once never condemn the boko haram activities but was busy lambasting the same Nigerian soldier's who have being doing their best to confront these animals?

Honestly I don't really know why this subtle support for boko haram the terrorist organization while demonising the Nigerian government and the military.

Here in new york, a man is being treated for ebola and their is no noise about it on the media here but this same tv channels here potray Nigeria as if all nigerians now have ebola and I ask myself why are these guys doing this?

What do they want from Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
ejlee: Na today you know, US is a key Sponsor of Boko Haram Just to weaken Nigeria Status as Africa Giant why Amnesty Internation is US Talking Drum, hmmm we need to ignored them # United Nigeria

Im beginning to feel this same way.
Nigerians in Nigeria wouldn't know much about this but when u reside outide the country and see the sort of news being reported about Nigeria then u start asking yourself if this people really mean well for Nigeria at all.

We have our challenges no doubt about it and when u get to Nigeria then u will see for urslf that the way Nigerians and Nigeria is been portrayed by the western media is just in sharp contrast with the real situation because its not a hopeless situation as been portrayed.

Some states in the north are facing most of these challenges and it should be reported as such but creating a horrible picture of Nigeria as an ebola stricken nation and the citizen's being killed by its soldier's and potray boko haram as the victims here beats my immagination.

Nigerians don't have any other country to go to when they succeed in turning them against themselves which will result to so much humanitarian crisis.

How do u claim to help a people while at the sametime demonising them and entrenching hate amongs them?

Seems the agenda is to tear them apart.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
WAR CRIMES @ WAR CRIMES
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by southsouthman: 8:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
The American connection comes to my mind. Remember the one million naira question. Why didn't America tag Boko Haram a FTO before it got out of hands. APC has been link with this group yet Obama's campaign strategist is the PR consultant for APC. Amnesty International is a brain child of the foreign friends of APC. It should be ignored
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by waternogetenemy: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
Have dey accused Isreal of War crime? Amnesty international has no moral standing. They are preoccupied trying to intimidate the Nigerian Gov for not approving homosexuality and Nigeria will never go down that road to corrupt public sense of decency(morality).

The Nigeria gov should conduct investigation and sue Amnesty international for providing encouragement to terrorist criminals to commit crime against Nigerians after having killed thousands of Nigerians. That is the only way all this nonsense will stop.
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by AmandaMustapha(f): 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
“ We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who will harm us” these were the words of Winston Churchill. This is what the men in the armed forces have been doing for us everyday of their lives and most especially in recent years in Northern Nigeria. As we loose our civilian brothers and sisters we are also loosing them in the armed forces whether a commissioned officer or a soldier, we as a nation have forgotten to mourn and honor them. We like many people have friends and loved ones keeping to their oath of protecting this nation in that part of the country. So we have come up with a way for us as a nation to honor our fallen, through a website called www.nigerianfallenheroes.com please visit this website to see those that have laid their lives so you can honor them (this can be done by leaving a simple message, poems, quotes anything you are comfortable with on the memorial wall). If you know an officer or a soldier that has laid his life in northern Nigeria in recent times please send the following information to nigerianfallenheroes@gmail.com so we might upload it on to the website (1) a picture of the person preferably in uniform (2) name, rank and service number (3) where and when he died. Please pass this on to as many as you can. Let us honor our fallen heroes and let us tell their families we know and appreciate their sacrifices. Thank you. Signed: Patron
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by dekronik: 3:45am On Aug 06, 2014
byrron:

I thought im the only one wondering this morning what exactly is the plans of the western world towards Nigeria because I see the Libyan kind of media propaganda against Nigeria by the western world playing out here and its beginning to frighten me, this was the same strategy used in libya to turn the people against themselves and that once peaceful nation is now a shadow of what it use to be and it seems Nigeria is the next place to be thrown into eternal turmoil using its citizens against one another and its really working as planned and will soon escalate.

I woke up this morning and turned my telly on to France 24 news channel only to see video clips of Nigerian soldier's along with some armed civillians whom I presumed are the local vigilante group working alongside with the jtf really beating up some arrested individuals that are said to be boko haram members.

The reporter said lots of negative things about Nigerian soldier's and I am yet to see the western media nor amnesty international relay to the world video clips of the horror boko haram have been dishing out to innocent Nigerians.

The report for once never condemn the boko haram activities but was busy lambasting the same Nigerian soldier's who have being doing their best to confront these animals?

Honestly I don't really know why this subtle support for boko haram the terrorist organization while demonising the Nigerian government and the military.

Here in new york, a man is being treated for ebola and their is no noise about it on the media here but this same tv channels here potray Nigeria as if all nigerians now have ebola and I ask myself why are these guys doing this?

What do they want from Nigeria?

You have said it all. Ask any christian(and some muslims) in Borno the horrors they face daily from boko haram and my brother you will shed tears. Yet the so called AI will just look the other way. Yet whenever the Nigerian Army kills boko haram boys. All hell will be let loose by AI and their foreign media brothers.
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by Kalvan50: 4:04am On Aug 06, 2014
Maisuya1: because boko haram is a terrorist organization -thats what they do, and nigerian army is a state actor - thats what they are not supposed to do.

you dont accuse a rat of stealing from the pot, you blame the owner for leaving the pot open.

You and I are the only intelligent people on this Thread. Look at these cretins around us.
Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by dekronik: 8:51am On Aug 06, 2014
Kalvan50:

You and I are the only intelligent people on this Thread. Look at these cretins around us.

...... and the two of you are the only boko haram sympathisers here.
I'm really appalled by some of the views expressed by Nigerians as this goes to show the level of ignorance to what is happening around the country, most especially the north east.
Before you understand how dangerous boko haram is, you need to first critically appraise the almajiri system in northern Nigeria which has become the pool for steady fighters and jihadist in the north. Almajiris are basically street urchins and thugs who practically grew up in the streets all in the name of getting Koranic education. These boys(and girls) are exposed to real life hazard and dangers right from age 5 upwards. They become hardened and toughened as a result of fending for themselves early that by age 13 an average almajiri is tougher and bolder than a "normal" 28 year old. These boys have no form of love and emotion as they have never been shown such. Almajiris roam the streets of Kano, Sokoto, Katsina, Maiduguri(most especially) etc in groups of hundreds and sometimes thousands begging up and down. Many of them are used for ritual money by some Alhajis and many die of diseases and hazards due to no parental care. This is where Boko haram comes in. The top echelons of boko haram know that based on pure strength and sophistication, they can't match any countries army and to prevent them beign wiped off, the recruitment of almajiris is quite important. Looking at it from an almajiri perspective, the promise of free food, money to spend and of course FREE WOMEN to sleep with are to enticing to refuse. An almajiri who has never had sex all his life is now promised free girls to choose from will jump at it since the alternative is a life of begging and starvation. Remember data shows that we have up to 10 MILLION almajiris. Just imagine such a huge army. Kill 1000 boko haram today another 100,000 are ready to replace them. Just watch the video of Giwa barracks attack and you will understand what I'm saying on how dangerous these dirty looking, disease infected almajiris are. These are boys with no mercy, coz they have never been shown any. Why should our Army be criticised for not showing mercy to them. Remember that MOST boko haram fighters are boys between ages 13-18. This is WAR and all means to an end is JUSTIFIED. Just ask America how many innocent lives they took in Iraq just to topple Saddam and you will be shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Is Amnesty International Not Accusing Boko Haram Of War Crimes? by nerodenero: 10:38am On Aug 06, 2014
Disintegration on their minds and this is not forthcoming,the reason for their fustration.Maybe they might benefit more if we go out separate ways which I dont understand how.Such a pathetic situation we find ourselves.
byrron:

Im beginning to feel this same way.
Nigerians in Nigeria wouldn't know much about this but when u reside outide the country and see the sort of news being reported about Nigeria then u start asking yourself if this people really mean well for Nigeria at all.

We have our challenges no doubt about it and when u get to Nigeria then u will see for urslf that the way Nigerians and Nigeria is been portrayed by the western media is just in sharp contrast with the real situation because its not a hopeless situation as been portrayed.

Some states in the north are facing most of these challenges and it should be reported as such but creating a horrible picture of Nigeria as an ebola stricken nation and the citizen's being killed by its soldier's and potray boko haram as the victims here beats my immagination.

Nigerians don't have any other country to go to when they succeed in turning them against themselves which will result to so much humanitarian crisis.

How do u claim to help a people while at the sametime demonising them and entrenching hate amongs them?

Seems the agenda is to tear them apart.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EXPOSED: Man Who Used Oritsejafor's Jet For Cash/Arms Deal Is Highly Connected / Igno: Go and ask the Queen of england, If I am not the emperor- Ademusiwa / 2015: Dakuku Peterside Over-runs Wike And Obuah’s Strongholds (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.