Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,204 members, 7,839,104 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland (960 Views)

Tribalism In Biafria Will Be Worst Than That Of Nigeria (opinion) / Buhari Stop Propogating Division And Tribalism in Nigeria. / Achebe Got It All Wrong On Tribalism (in Nigeria And Africa). A Must Read!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by RentedReality(m): 8:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
Dear All,

Up until a few days ago, I have been a silent observer on this forum. Like every other person here I enjoy reading through topics and scrolling down on comments, relevant or not. I found The fluid interaction between members quite interesting, I have seen friendships formed, business deals sealed and even lifelong partnerships forged all on this forum. Isn't that great? Considering that a few years back most here couldn't imagine a life outside the physical one we have.
The point here is; there's a lot of togetherness here so why for f***s sake do some people consistently bash each other on the basis of their ethnic origin? What bad experience did they have with other ethnic groups that will justify the hate I see here sometimes?
Personally I can never be caught in the same room with a tribalist. I see them as unprogressive people with an attitude that reeks of ignorance, illiteracy and backwardness.
The world is at a stage where social acceptance is an indication of growth in any region, yet we have people wallowing in a filth of ideals that died with the slave trade. I wonder how tribalistic you will get when you are outside the shores of this country and you see your fellow Nigerian handing out tissues in club toilets for spare change. Will you then go up to him and ask which state he is from before you offer him assistance?
I am truly bothered, those here that are into it are old enough to know better. You shouldn't teach my generation to hate, we will never progress as a country if we embrace your G**forsaken ideals.
Monikers known for this should be marked and avoided like a disease. I'd even use a hand sanitizer just for typing on the same thread with them.

Live and let live.

One Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by Kalvan300: 9:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
Sentimental garbage.
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by ibedun: 9:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
Yeye dey smell. have you been in contact with the Igbos?

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
ibedun: Yeye dey smell. have you been in contact with the Igbos?
this is the problem

1 Like

Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by RentedReality(m): 9:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
ibedun: Yeye dey smell. have you been in contact with the Igbos?

Actually, I can smell your rot from here and it sickens me. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by ibedun: 9:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
Have you noticed it is only Igbo people complaining of tribalism in Nigeria? Why?

Have many Yorubas or Hausas or even the minorities have ever complained of Tribalism if not the Igbos?

4 Likes

Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by RentedReality(m): 9:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
ibedun: Have you noticed it is only Igbo people complaining of tribalism in Nigeria? Why?

Have many Yorubas or Hausas or even the minorities have ever complained of Tribalism if not the Igbos?

Funny you said that, I'm from a minority state.
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by RentedReality(m): 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kalvan300: Sentimental garbage.

You are absoutely right sir, Rwanda was also about sentiments. wink
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by Kalvan300: 9:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
bloodykiller:

Mr man is this why you created this moniker

What do you mean? undecided
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
It's really disturbing that some of these tribalistic posters are men and women old enough to know better. Some of them are even married with children, you have to wonder what they teach their children undecided
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by dontjealousme: 9:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
RentedReality: Dear All,
Up until a few days ago, I have been a silent observer on this forum. Like every other person here I enjoy reading through topics and scrolling down on comments, relevant or not. I found The fluid interaction between members quite interesting, I have seen friendships formed, business deals sealed and even lifelong partnerships forged all on this forum. Isn't that great? Considering that a few years back most here couldn't imagine a life outside the physical one we have.
The point here is; there's a lot of togetherness here so why for f***s sake do some people consistently bash each other on the basis of their ethnic origin? What bad experience did they have with other ethnic groups that will justify the hate I see here sometimes?
Personally I can never be caught in the same room with a tribalist. I see them as unprogressive people with an attitude that reeks of ignorance, illiteracy and backwardness.
The world is at a stage where social acceptance is an indication of growth in any region, yet we have people wallowing in a filth of ideals that died with the slave trade. I wonder how tribalistic you will get when you are outside the shores of this country and you see your fellow Nigerian handing out tissues in club toilets for spare change. Will you then go up to him and ask which state he is from before you offer him assistance?
I am truly bothered, those here that are into it are old enough to know better. You shouldn't teach my generation to hate, we will never progress as a country if we embrace your G**forsaken ideals.
Monikers known for this should be marked and avoided like a disease. I'd even use a hand sanitizer just for typing on the same thread with them.
Live and let live.
One Nigeria.

Displaying ur intolerance, i see. Anyway u are definately a biggot that have been involved in the tribal bs, who do u want to decieve? Rented reality indeed.

It will never be Ok to insult any group of people and expect them to accept ur insult and not react. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Keep deluding urself on ur rented reality immoral low ground after insulting or promoting tribalism on nairaland urself. By the way which party do u support APC or PDP, bUHARI OR GEJ, BOKO HARAM or OPC,ETC.

Nobody comes here without such affiliations and as such there are no innocent person on nairaland.
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by Waspy(m): 10:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
Seun is benefiting from the cowdung... it means more traffic and more cash for him. I only pity the dumbbells going about with magnitudes of negative energy. cool
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by eph12(m): 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
OP creating this thread won't help at all trust me. Others like this have been created in the past and they get hijacked by these tribalists. Best you just read observe and ignore them.
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by meforyou1(m): 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
ibedun: Have you noticed it is only Igbo people complaining of tribalism in Nigeria? Why?

which igbo is complaining of tribalism? We defeat u guys anytime we go there. And we still educate u - that lagos is no man's land

6 Likes

Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by Kalvan300: 10:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
It's just online Banter. I have nothing against any tribe in real life.

Grow up People.
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by eph12(m): 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
dontjealousme:

Displaying ur intolerance, i see. Anyway u are definately a biggot that have been involved in the tribal bs, who do u want to decieve? Rented reality indeed.

It will never be Ok to insult any group of people and expect them to accept ur insult and not react. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Keep deluding urself on ur rented reality immoral low ground after insulting or promoting tribalism on nairaland urself. By the way which party do u support APC or PDP, bUHARI OR GEJ, BOKO HARAM or OPC,ETC.

Nobody comes here without such affiliations and as such there are no innocent person on nairaland.
Are you sure you are ok? The exact line you bolded should be encouraged by everyone but you are finding fault. He didn't support any group in his post but your tribalist mind saw some imaginary attack on your tribe. Even if you support a group or party doesn't mean you should behave like a ma.d person undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by Rich4god(m): 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
dontjealousme:

Sometimes I wonder how some people reason... Its clear that you didnt ise your brain when you typed this...

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by eph12(m): 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kalvan300: It's just online Banter. I have nothing against any tribe in real life.

Grow up People.
We know its just harmless bantering but its beginning to sound very silly.
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by Kalvan300: 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
eph12:
We know its just harmless bantering but its beginning to sound very silly.

I see.
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by neena: 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
hmmmm.
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by collynzov5: 10:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
neena: embarassed
My sweetheart
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by neena: 10:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
collynzov5:
My sweetheart
undecided
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by EasternLeopard: 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
collynzov5:
My sweetheart

Ebola attack

Bros

For you own good avoid lovin lovin

Even me am thinking of buying a bicycle for transport instead of molueing danfoing to work grin
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by jideomowunmi(f): 11:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
meforyou1: which igbo is complaining of tribalism? We defeat u guys anytime we go there. And we still educate u - that lagos is no man's land

on a norm...I wudnt av said anything...buh I will give u a second chance to av a re-think on wa u've just said...dont even let's go far..starting from dis nairaland here..who rocks d most ....pls and pls..dont put words into my mouth oo...cos I can be bahd like dat... angry angry angry..and I will let dis one go cos my very padi na igbo and moreover I look like dem...buh for future purposes...bring peace instead of trying to justify waever means u r trying to justify...#teamonenigeria#

1 Like

Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by fitzmayowa: 11:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
hmmm...some peeps taking nairaland too serious...
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by RentedReality(m): 10:51am On Aug 07, 2014
dontjealousme:

Well said. I absolutely agree with you. The depth of your reasoning is so deep I accidentally drowned my dog in it.
Please do enlighten me some more sir.
Re: My Take On Tribalism In Nairaland by deife(m): 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2014
@RentedReality: you spoke the truth. I don't know why some people are reacting to your post negatively.

(1) (Reply)

Russia 'to Alter Military Strategy Towards Nato' / Residents Grab Catholic Seminarians, Tag Them Terrorists / Lagos Schools May Not Reopen Sept 22, Says Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.