Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,641 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

What Went Wrong Exactly? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Went Wrong Exactly? (1156 Views)

Pastor Claimed He Went To Heaven. See The Heavenly Photos He Took(photos) / I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! / A Priest Claims Demon Is Sending Him Hate Texts After Girl's Exorcism Went Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Went Wrong Exactly? by PastorOluT(m): 10:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
I used to think we were saved in other to save others who are dying and going to Hell, that we were blessed that we might be a blessing to others, and that our primary objective is to please Christ and not ourselves?

But the contemporary Christian world brings in a new meaning to salvation, we are saved to remain in the Church, blessed that we might be a blessing to ourselves, family, and at most the Church (mostly the building and the poeple in it, especially those in our caucus), and our primary objective is to feel good as Christians pleasing ourselves and at most those in our caucus and pastors.

We can not serve two masters, God and self, it is either we let go ourselves and make it all about Him as we live sacrificially for Him, or we continue in our excesses without Him as we cant eat our cakes and still have it.

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Matthew 6:24

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

6 Likes

Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
Coz things are changing rapidly. Most people go to Church 4 miracles, get rich in other to feel big & bogus. Anyway its ENDTIME.
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by Oluwason(m): 7:39am On Aug 07, 2014
Obviously we are in the end time!
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by Image123(m): 10:42am On Aug 07, 2014
It's a problem of being doctrine-centred instead of being evangelism-centred. Don't get me wrong, doctrine is vital but should not be center. Unfortunately, false doctrines abound as there is a dearth of teachers. We have good preachers no doubt, but the problem is that a good preacher would preach anything well whether it is correct or not. So we get to be denominational, fighting for our doctrines instead of rescuing the perishing.

2 Likes

Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:15am On Aug 07, 2014
Hope you have not forgotten that Man shall be like God?

Now we are God from the days of Christ (self consciousness).

We reason with God in the days of law (when we were puppets) after eating the forbidden fruit (moral knowledge).

Today, we are intelligent (ate from the tree of life) struggling for Enlightment (complete freedom or spring of life) which would path us through eternity.

Nothing went wrong, we have been freed from law and now within our consciousness.
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by emmyskies(m): 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
Op: Nothing's wrong. It is already written that in the latter days, there shall be fallen away of many, even the very elect. Just pray for them and we should hold fast that which we have till He comes
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by PastorOluT(m): 7:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
Image123: It's a problem of being doctrine-centred instead of being evangelism-centred. Don't get me wrong, doctrine is vital but should not be center. Unfortunately, false doctrines abound as there is a dearth of teachers. We have good preachers no doubt, but the problem is that a good preacher would preach anything well whether it is correct or not. So we get to be denominational, fighting for our doctrines instead of rescuing the perishing.

Agree with u on this, very on point. But the foundation of the Lord stands sure having this seal, let him that name the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by PastorOluT(m): 7:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
emmyskies: Op: Nothing's wrong. It is already written that in the latter days, there shall be fallen away of many, even the very elect. Just pray for them and we should hold fast that which we have till He comes

Hmm, agreed bt do we just pray?
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by emmyskies(m): 8:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
PastorOluT:

Hmm, agreed bt do we just pray?
What else do we do?
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by PastorOluT(m): 7:06am On Aug 08, 2014
emmyskies:
What else do we do?

So we are just to Pray everyone into the kingdom?

Bt realize that some don't even know something is wrong with their lifestyle 'cos of the wrong teachings they have been stuffed with? Though I agree we ought to pray n not to faint and importantly we have to preach the word (truth) in season n out of season, which is exercising our faith as the bible says faith without work is death.

The reason this had continue for long is 'cos we have those who just pray n do nothing else expecting to haul everyone into the kingdom (though we definitely needed prayer bt we need to move towards our prayers), and the other extreme, those who are doing all in their abilities n understand but without the grace n power of the Holy Spirit. Both extremes are dangerous n would never produce the desired result.

NB Something is definitely wrong 'cos many are being drown in deceit n lost, though the bible predicted it bt even the true saints are sleeping. So brother let us all rise from our slumbering n shine the life n the life of Christ in this dying n perverse generation.

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 08, 2014
You keep saying we are saved from Hell but this is not in the Bible and it actually underminning the pure gospel of Jesus Christ,.

We are saved from this present world and all the wickedness therein and are called to quit being part of it because it is passing away and will soon be destroyed.

We are saved into the everlasting kingdom of God and we ( i.e true followers of Christ ) like Peter can say we look for a new heaven and earth wherein dwelleth righteouess.

We are also saved from God's wrath which is going to come upon the wicked with judgement and everlasting destruction.

There is no such thing as Hell which is actually an Anglo Saxon word meaning 'hidden place'.

Preach the good news brother, it is not saving into heaven from hell, it is being saved from this world into the final kingdom where Jesus will rule supreme forever and ever.

Yes it is an urgent work, we are to go out into the world ( not hang around our churches singing songs ) and preach this good news , relieve the burdens of the oppressed, encourage the weak, heal the broken hearted , give hope to the hopeless and fulfil the needs of the poor. This is the pure love from God.

Harping on about sin when unbelievers are already broken with guilt and then threatening them with hell is the reason why the so called gospel message of churchianity makes no impact whatsoever in the lives of many, in fact more people are put off by the so called gospel and reject it outright.

When we are filled with the deeper love of God and his yearning for the salvation of all men, we will go out more gently and less judgingly to bring the whole world into the kingdom.

Regarding sin, once we repent from following the pattern of this world's wickedness and acknowledge Jesus as the messiah while giving glory to God , we get baptised and are saved. Sin then becomes easy to defeat and overcome and even when we fall , we are forgiven and receive more grace to overcome.
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by PastorOluT(m): 8:17am On Aug 08, 2014
@ frosbel

Even as much as i agree with winning over the lost with love according to the scripture. I don't know from whence u got the idea Hell isn't real? Whoever coined the word is not as important as that there is sure a place of torment after death, this can never be doubted according to the scriptures.

If Hell is just a grave, why did the scriptures enjoined people not to end up in Hell since everyone would die n go to the grave anyways?

From ur post I also have this questions for u;

1. What do u mean by eternal destruction?

2. What is the wrath to come?

3. How would the world be destroyed?

And lastly, this one u are yet to answer from my pending thread on Hell u neglected,

* What was meant by Hell in Luke 16 19-31 and pls explain what Jesus was saying there?
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by Image123(m): 8:45am On Aug 08, 2014
2 Corinthians 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;
1 Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Of course, deliverance from hell is in the package.
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 08, 2014
^^

See how religion has blinded you, where did it mention Hell in the verses above ? SMH.
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by Image123(m): 10:33am On Aug 08, 2014
frosbel: ^^

See how religion has blinded you, where did it mention Hell in the verses above ? SMH.

Where does the wrath to come put the unsaved?
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by PastorOluT(m): 11:00am On Aug 08, 2014
@ frosbel u neglected my post?

PastorOluT: @ frosbel

Even as much as i agree with winning over the lost with love according to the scripture. I don't know from whence u got the idea Hell isn't real? Whoever coined the word is not as important as that there is sure a place of torment after death, this can never be doubted according to the scriptures.

If Hell is just a grave, why did the scriptures enjoined people not to end up in Hell since everyone would die n go to the grave anyways?

And lastly, this one u are yet to answer from my pending thread on Hell u neglected,

* What was meant by Hell in Luke 16 19-31 and pls explain what Jesus was saying there?
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by twosquare(m): 11:57am On Aug 08, 2014
Sometimes i wonder,if men can be thrown into physical prison...how much more eternal one.

That apart,PastorOluT something went wrong because someone is not fully present...we seek after the things that are seen instead of things that are unseen. And on the second note, a spirit is fighting the churches not to come up...something is still wrong but it'll be over soon. Coz God will assemble His armies to make the Church formidable and bring the reign of time to a close.

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by malvisguy212: 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
emmyskies:
What else do we do?
we do noting but to hold on to what you'av got, in the book of revelation, the latter to the seven churches, at the end of each latter's is , HOLD ON TO WHAT YOU GOT. So we stand firm in they Lord.

Am not moved by the falling away, because that what the bible say, "this days must come, the man of sin" as we all know, the man of sin cannot dwell in a world of truth, people must fall to prepaire the way for him.

2 Likes

Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by PastorOluT(m): 9:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hmm, twosquare u remain one of the very few I always totally agree with on this forum even in ur other post I read.

God bless u bro, keep up the good work.

stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by twosquare(m): 10:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
PastorOluT: Hmm, twosquare u remain one of the very few I always totally agree with on this forum even in ur other post I read.

God bless u bro, keep up the good work.

stay blessed and remain rapturable
thanks sir...stay blessed too.amen.
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by PastorOluT(m): 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
malvisguy212: we do noting but to hold on to what you'av got, in the book of revelation, the latter to the seven churches, at the end of each latter's is , HOLD ON TO WHAT YOU GOT. So we stand firm in they Lord.

Am not moved by the falling away, because that what the bible say, "this days must come, the man of sin" as we all know, the man of sin cannot dwell in a world of truth, people must fall to prepaire the way for him.

Yeah agreed we ought to hold on, bt that's not just all for we need to continue to fulfil the ministry of reconciling the world unto the very end that we would be taken up. We are saved to serve, though we might be limited at times and strongly persecuted, we just have to continue 'cos the spirit which is 'letting' the man of sin is still 'letting' n very much around which means sufficient grace.

NB We are not just saved to wait till we will be raptured, but to fulfil purpose as we continue to stand our ground against the enemies.

Stay blessed bro n remain rapturable
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by plaetton: 9:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
PastorOluT: @ frosbel

Where is hell in the scriptures?
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by PastorOluT(m): 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
plaetton:

Where is hell in the scriptures?

U need glasses, anyways good to know u read the scriptures my friend?

Ok see it, Luke 16:33

And in 'Hell' he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by plaetton: 11:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
PastorOluT:

U need glasses, anyways good to know u read the scriptures my friend?

Ok see it, Luke 16:33

And in 'Hell' he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Please put in proper contex. Who said this, to whom, when and why?
I mean, it could very well just be somebody's nightmare you just quoted above.
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by malvisguy212: 8:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
PastorOluT:

Yeah agreed we ought to hold on, bt that's not just all for we need to continue to fulfil the ministry of reconciling the world unto the very end that we would be taken up. We are saved to serve, though we might be limited at times and strongly persecuted, we just have to continue 'cos the spirit which is 'letting' the man of sin is still 'letting' n very much around which means sufficient grace.

NB We are not just saved to wait till we will be raptured, but to fulfil purpose as we continue to stand our ground against the enemies.

Stay blessed bro n remain rapturable
thank you for this, you are blessed already.

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by malvisguy212: 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
plaetton:
Please put in proper contex. Who said this, to whom, when and why?
I mean, it could very well just be somebody's nightmare you just quoted above.
if you don't believe in the bible, you shouldn't have ask" where is hell in the scripture" .
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by plaetton: 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
malvisguy212: if you don't believe in the bible, you shouldn't have ask" where is hell in the scripture" .

Meaning?
Are you trying to dodge my question.?
It was a simple and honest question.

It is important to establish who in the bible proposed the concept of hell.
Was it Jesus, Apostle Paul , a prophet or some crackpot who had a nightmare?

Therefore, your reference to hell being mentioned in the bible is meaningless unless one understand who said it, when , how and why.
This is the common sense way to understand things and events.

3 Likes

Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by malvisguy212: 5:12am On Aug 17, 2014
plaetton:

Meaning?

Therefore, your reference to hell being mentioned in the bible is meaningless unless one understand who said it, when , how and why.
Infact, how God will punish sinner's in hell start from the old testament when God send brimstone and fire upon soddom and gommorah, it was because of homosexual that God destroy the city, and nowadays we see homosexual has become rampant, Give me reason why God will not use the same fire destroy the same homosexual of nowadays and Soooo many wickedness of men?

Another foreshadowing of hell is in number16:1-35. We read how the korah and his follower rebel against moses and aaron,the ground open it mouth and they were eating.

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by plaetton: 11:35am On Aug 17, 2014
malvisguy212: Infact, how God will punish sinner's in hell start from the old testament when God send brimstone and fire upon soddom and gommorah, it was because of homosexual that God destroy the city, and nowadays we see homosexual has become rampant, Give me reason why God will not use the same fire destroy the same homosexual of nowadays and Soooo many wickedness of men?

Another foreshadowing of hell is in number16:1-35. We read how the korah and his follower rebel against moses and aaron,the ground open it mouth and they were eating.

All the above are conjectures that completely dodges the question.

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by malvisguy212: 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
plaetton:

All the above are conjectures that completely dodges the question.
correct me if am wrong, you ask the question" where is hell in the scripture"you were giving the answer, and now you are saying, we are dodging your question. Anyway, thank you for your time,happy sunday.
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by plaetton: 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
malvisguy212: correct me if am wrong, you ask the question" where is hell in the scripture"you were giving the answer, and now you are saying, we are dodging your question. Anyway, thank you for your time,happy sunday.

C'mon man. Few of the Greek gods were also mentioned in the bible. Does that validate their existence?.

I asked for the proper context under which hell was mentioned in the bible.
Who mentioned it, when, to whom, and under what set of circumstances?

I mean, if a drunk or someone completely zoned out on hashish had mentioned hell in the bible, would that alone constitute the proof of its existence?
Re: What Went Wrong Exactly? by PastorOluT(m): 9:28am On Aug 20, 2014
plaetton:

Meaning?

U are very wrong with this, if ur question is sincere n u are interested enough to know? U will certainly know that its Jesus Himself that gave the account in Luke,

So even if u claim this is just story, unfortunately as some xtian also says, so what's d point or purpose of the story?

(1) (Reply)

Moral Conformism And Self-discovery / Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? / A Prayer Warrior Droped Dead As She Tried To Heal A Sick Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.