Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. (54119 Views)

Get Rid Of Your Excess Body Fat Today!!! *PICTURES* / Strange Things You Have Found In Your Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Lilbeckiez: 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
You just found out that there is excess salt in your Stew,Soup...Worry no more just peel irish potatoe and put it inside it will absorb all the excess salt....

You've got another idea
please share....

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by MizMyColi(f): 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
Thanks for reminding me. smiley
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Lilbeckiez: 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
MizMyColi: Thanks for reminding me. smiley
you are welcome!
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by aydelicious: 7:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
Lilbeckiez: You just found out that there is excess salt in your Stew,Soup...Worry no more just peel irish potatoe and put it inside it will absorb all the excess salt....

You've got another idea
please share....
lol,you are somehow right.
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
Not sure about this...but I thought charcoal too can reduce excess salt......or is that a fable?..lol
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Godmother(f): 8:25am On Aug 10, 2014
debdave: Not sure about this...but I thought charcoal too can reduce excess salt......or is that a fable?..lol

Jeez charcoal Don't think I would want that in my soup, even if its to remove the salt.
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 10, 2014
Godmother:

Jeez charcoal Don't think I would want that in my soup, even if its to remove the salt.
Lol......Yeah. I asked a friend and she said yes. Just one clean charcoal...just put it in d soup..stew or whatever...it will absorb the excess salt. But I don't know if it truly works...cause I've not tried it.

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by UjSizzle(f): 12:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
Irish potatoe? Good to know smiley
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Lilbeckiez: 8:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
UjSizzle: Irish potatoe? Good to know smiley
Yes,and its harmless.

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Lilbeckiez: 8:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
debdave:
Lol......Yeah. I asked a friend and she said yes. Just one clean charcoal...just put it in d soup..stew or whatever...it will absorb the excess salt. But I don't know if it truly works...cause I've not tried it.
Charcoal may change the colour of the dish but anyway,different strokes.

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
Lilbeckiez: Charcoal may change the colour of the dish but anyway,different strokes.
You know what?...I tried it..yes!..lol...and it "kinda" worked. I carried out the experiment...by placing ONE piece of charcoal in my salty rice. Though,when I noticed the rice was still a little salty..I asked her why I.e my friend. She said maybe because the piece of charcoal was small. According to her,the bigger the Charcoal..the more salt it'll absorb.
NOTE-1-you re not to pour one bag of charcoal into the salty food...but just ONE small or big piece(depending on how salty the food is). 2-The charcoal will not change the colour of the food.

4 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Mynd44: 3:18am On Aug 13, 2014
Potato, yam, cassava etc works well to remove salt. I know my Biology teacher mentioned it in SS2 while explaining osmosis and difussion

19 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Nobody: 3:20am On Aug 13, 2014
nice info
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Nobody: 3:22am On Aug 13, 2014
amorphous; also helps in removing poisons
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by moshoodn(m): 3:24am On Aug 13, 2014
Good to be reminded of the good ol' methods.

Though personally, I rarely put enough salt in my foods cos my taste bud is so sharp.
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by naturally: 3:25am On Aug 13, 2014
debdave:
You know what?...I tried it..yes!..lol...and it "kinda" worked. I carried out the experiment...by placing ONE piece of charcoal in my salty rice. Though,when I noticed the rice was still a little salty..I asked her why I.e my friend. She said maybe because the piece of charcoal was small. According to her,the bigger the Charcoal..the more salt it'll absorb.
NOTE-1-[b[b]]you re not to pour one bag of charcoal into the salty food...but just ONE small or big piece(depending on how salty the food is).[/b][/b] 2-The charcoal will not colour the colour of the food.

Its better you cleared the air before some people will add a bag of charcoal to their food grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by bunmioguns(m): 3:27am On Aug 13, 2014
I just found something useful...thank you OP and thank you oga Seun for this forum... Learnt lotta things here

Meanwhile, good news for we android and other phones user as there is no need to continue switching off your data connection... Please check https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391810. For more info and share in the testimony.... Please do not assume this is a scam... It is 100% real
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by yinkarh187(m): 3:39am On Aug 13, 2014
dis sh*t doesn't concern me...*light up my swisher*
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by sirjohnson(m): 3:42am On Aug 13, 2014
i like salt, dnt like to reduce
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by lepasharon(f): 3:58am On Aug 13, 2014
Lilbeckiez: You just found out that there is excess salt in your Stew,Soup...Worry no more just peel irish potatoe and put it inside it will absorb all the excess salt....

You've got another idea
please share....

That is just an old wife's tail. It doesn't actually work.
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by EmmaOgbu(m): 4:01am On Aug 13, 2014
More water

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Nobody: 4:01am On Aug 13, 2014
GODAKPAN: amorphous; also helps in removing poisons
poisons? For real? Nigga We talking salt here# nobody puts poison in food and tries to absorb it.

2 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:10am On Aug 13, 2014
Add water na..

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Nobody: 4:32am On Aug 13, 2014
urhoboman: poisons? For real? Nigga We talking salt here# nobody puts poison in food and tries to absorb it.

EVER HEARD OF FOOD POISON, NIGGA
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by afreekah: 4:39am On Aug 13, 2014
Mynd44: Potato, yam, cassava etc works well to remove salt. I know my Biology teacher mentioned it in SS2 while explaining osmosis and difussion

So i should just add yam insyd am ?
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by xp17(m): 4:42am On Aug 13, 2014

You've got another idea
please share....
how does Irish potato looks like?
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by davades(m): 5:00am On Aug 13, 2014
Now I know...the one I know is of rice, when there is excess salt in rice u can add more water and cook for a min then sieve
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Ijaya123: 5:00am On Aug 13, 2014
On the other hand, you can blend some fresh tomatoes and add to the stew. Works really fast.
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by DaVinChiSam(m): 5:03am On Aug 13, 2014
So you finish cooking in the middle of the night and you serve your food, seat down to eat notice the excess salt... then what?

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Atmmachine(m): 5:51am On Aug 13, 2014
Some guy be sipping salt & water like hennessey ..
#Ebola grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by Atmmachine(m): 5:52am On Aug 13, 2014
Don't worry, i get salt neurilizer for mouth grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. by gbaskiboy: 5:55am On Aug 13, 2014
Nothing can be done to it. sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Food That Is Being Sold For N120k In Lagos / Big Cat Fish Caught In Bayelsa (Throwback Photo) / See The 100 Naira Oranges I Bought Today In Birnin Kebbi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.