Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. (28948 Views)

Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. / Hand Sanitizer Does Not Prevent Ebola Virus - Harold Thomas / Warm Water And Salt To Help Prevent Ebola? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by lorRhyMeZ: 8:50am On Aug 08, 2014
Una own na only salt? Peeps called me n were like before bathing with d salt water,I shud recite Ayatul Kursiy or Suratul Iklas sef...grin
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Silensa(m): 8:51am On Aug 08, 2014
1. What is wrong with nairaland? Since yesterday, I can count the number of post on FP.
2. Did anybody try logging in around 10pm? If so what was your experience?
3. Has ebola gotten to nairaland?
4. Why is this post not on FP?

Seriously speaking my phone has been ringing as if it is now a music player.
Honestly, it is cos of this same reason that I logged in now

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by legacyint: 8:51am On Aug 08, 2014
ChideraFavour: But ds rumour is not in Benin o
my guy d rumour de benin wella,rite nw everybody de buy salt in large quantity put 4 house nw.dis na opportunity 2 invest in salt business.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Enoquin(f): 8:53am On Aug 08, 2014
Esesexxy: had Maggi n ginger oooo
undecided madam, you do realize that you quoted me wrongly? But ginger? You bad ohhhh grin
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Peterock0009: 8:53am On Aug 08, 2014
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 08, 2014
D last time I checked,U r entitled to ur own opinion so am I,av a nice day
chookudi: My God, can you imagine such rubbish? ROTFL...dreamt abt it? Consulted an oracle? LMAO..All these coming out of someone in the 21st century? How in the world does warm saline prevent the transmission of viral infections? What is the mechanism of action?
Its a shame really that people who are supposed to be knowledgeable (not necessarily in medical field) can think this way. How come nobody has suggested doing this to prevent or treat HIV? Spreading such heinous rumours will only increase susceptibility of people to the virus. Instead of doing the needful, they follow such unintelligent advice
And for people saying you have nothing to lose by trying it, why not try it when you have malaria or typhoid or even headache/ Afterall you have nothing to lose!!!

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Funminire(m): 9:04am On Aug 08, 2014
I woke up to a text from a friend saying please bath with salt watet and drinking some to prevent ebola early in the morning. I just started laughing, like "how can?"
A lot of people woke up very early to do this. How many of you wake up that early to talk to your God.
God help us all. God help Nigeria.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Funminire(m): 9:05am On Aug 08, 2014
Loool naija sha
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Funminire(m): 9:07am On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=lorRhyMeZ]Una own na only salt? Peeps called me n were like before bathing with d salt water,I shud recite Ayatul Kursiy or Suratul Iklas sef...grin[/quote
serious somethig]
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by missterious(f): 9:09am On Aug 08, 2014
Victoriousvic: Remember to add pepper and onions.

If possible, you can add maggi sef,

Lmao! Lawd have mercy.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Funminire(m): 9:14am On Aug 08, 2014
I cant wait Last week it was bitter Cola...this week hot water and salt,next week should be rice and chicken...#smh"
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Olarewajub: 9:34am On Aug 08, 2014
You should have known that there no way salt+water can prevent the deadly ebola virus which is invivo .
Adorayble: D last time I checked,U r entitled to ur own opinion so am I,av a nice day
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by profeoo(m): 9:43am On Aug 08, 2014
Salt plus water is only effective for treating bacteria infection not VIRUS. The suitable preventive approach for d Ebola virus at d moment is to wash hands properly with a good soap

#My two cent
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by amichaelz101(m): 9:44am On Aug 08, 2014
I took my bath with boiled water and salt, but I found out my head is scratching me.
Pls can I wash my head with cold water and sugar?
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 08, 2014
I shud av known? Lol,av heard
Olarewajub: You should have known that there no way salt+water can prevent the deadly ebola virus which is invivo .
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by akinlex(m): 10:19am On Aug 08, 2014
Adorayble: My pple,salt and water is nt harmful to health,why not do it if U want to do it? Its a matter of choice(but me don do my own too o)... Anyways,prevention is beta than cure! Pple forming "Odeshi" and 21st century children remember that "spiritual things are real"

My candid opinion

tz not harmful to the body when bathing with it sure. to ur body it may not be harmful, to other people's body it may cause some skin disorder.

too much of salt and water inside the body system is not equally good. make researches before pouring shit out
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 08, 2014
smiley
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by ask4ebuka: 10:29am On Aug 08, 2014
LWKMD

1 Like

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by inecnig: 10:30am On Aug 08, 2014
Job offer for all Nigerians that can read and write irrespective of your qualifications.
contact us via email at INEC@worker.com with your application or CV for details.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by akinlex(m): 10:37am On Aug 08, 2014
Adorayble: When U get to Yaba turn left,U r d one vomiting poo all over Nairaland... Must every1 fink like U? Annoying mufu

i don't blame u. illiteracy is in your blood. when u begin to fear ebola dat is when it will descend on u. do you really know that bathing with salt and hot water causes skin cancer? trying to help ur situation tho? illiterate mugu!!!
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Greatfes17: 10:41am On Aug 08, 2014
These warm water bath and drink stuff self.
can you imagine? I normally woke up by 7 - 8 in the morning but today I was woked up by after 4 am. All in the name of bathing with salt and water. This however was followed by numerous number of calls and sms'
The worst of all is that I have checked and asked but the message seems to originate from unqualified source.
Please share the source, If you believe this message is from credible source

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 08, 2014
smiley
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by akinlex(m): 10:44am On Aug 08, 2014
Adorayble: U r an educated illiterate,goat!
i agree an an educated illiterate. When trying to put some people in luxury they prefer to be in stack ignoance. silent is the best answer for u jackass like u. quote me again and see weda ebola will not locate u this morning. clotpole like u
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by DrMalik(m): 10:46am On Aug 08, 2014
WHY WE SHOULDN'T ENCOURAGE SALT-DRINKING AND SALT-BATHING FOR EBOLA VIRAL DISEASE PREVENTION!

By Dr. 'Malik Haruna King

#1: IT IS DECEPTIVE: Just like eating bitter-kola for cure, drinking warm salty water (or bathing with same at night) has absolutely no proven scientific or medical basis or evidence for prevention of EVD. Truth is bitter but it's healthier than salty lies and false hope!

#2: IT IS DISTRACTING: This would distract from the momentum we are trying to create for the effective way of preventing the spread of this deadly virus. Some people might become careless and lessen their commitment to personal hygiene and environmental sanitation!

#3: IT IS DANGEROUS: Salt is powerful--it can kill! That's why for ORT (for diarrhea treatment), we tell you the exact amount of salt and sugar to put in a clearly specified amount of water! Careless drinking and bathing with salt-water, especially if done repeatedly, is NOT advisable. It also raises the blood pressure and affect the skin.

#4: IT IS DISTURBING: I know of countries that have never had a single incidence of "Ebola", but have invested millions of dollars in research, gotten possible vaccines and drugs, done trials in animals (with success ), and have everything ready in case this virus enters their country! People are dying in Nigeria; see what we (including our graduates and scientists) are believing and broadcasting!

Ebola virus disease is NOT (and has not become) airborne! Spread is by physical contact.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 08, 2014
smiley
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by stone11(m): 11:08am On Aug 08, 2014
My ppl, this bathing and drinking of salt to prevent Ebola of a thing comes from who?
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by topnedu(m): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2014
This Ebola thing is serious oooooo. A man I saw this morning was seriously drinking salt water and chewing bitter kola. This madness need to stop. Nigerians are going crazy even without contacting this disease.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2014
amichaelz101: u be fool. I tel u say na bou cure?? Me wn knw aw em tk name am ebola tot she wud knw bera.
u na oloriburuku
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by stone11(m): 11:56am On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=legacyint]my guy d rumour de benin wella,rite nw everybody de buy salt in large quantity put 4 house nw.dis na opport

unity 2 invest in salt business.[/quote

Gd talk.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Esesexxy(f): 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
No be small thingz oo........ Ginger good for body sha.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Greatfes17: 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
DrMalik: WHY WE SHOULDN'T ENCOURAGE SALT-DRINKING AND SALT-BATHING FOR EBOLA VIRAL DISEASE PREVENTION!

By Dr. 'Malik Haruna King

#1: IT IS DECEPTIVE: Just like eating bitter-kola for cure, drinking warm salty water (or bathing with same at night) has absolutely no proven scientific or medical basis or evidence for prevention of EVD. Truth is bitter but it's healthier than salty lies and false hope!

#2: IT IS DISTRACTING: This would distract from the momentum we are trying to create for the effective way of preventing the spread of this deadly virus. Some people might become careless and lessen their commitment to personal hygiene and environmental sanitation!

#3: IT IS DANGEROUS: Salt is powerful--it can kill! That's why for ORT (for diarrhea treatment), we tell you the exact amount of salt and sugar to put in a clearly specified amount of water! Careless drinking and bathing with salt-water, especially if done repeatedly, is NOT advisable. It also raises the blood pressure and affect the skin.

#4: IT IS DISTURBING: I know of countries that have never had a single incidence of "Ebola", but have invested millions of dollars in research, gotten possible vaccines and drugs, done trials in animals (with success ), and have everything ready in case this virus enters their country! People are dying in Nigeria; see what we (including our graduates and scientists) are believing and broadcasting!

Ebola virus disease is NOT (and has not become) airborne! Spread is by physical contact.

I agree with you.
Our major problem in this country is ignorance. You need to see house my family and the entire yard was excessively consuming salt

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by olowogboye(m): 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2014
Get an acre of land with cassava plantation for only 25,000 naira, Land location is Attan. Ilaro and Badagry Call 08024418017 or 0811533118 now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Officer Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Ogun State / 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep / Nnamdi Obasi Is Dead! Son Of IMSU VC Dies After Surgery In Owerri Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.