Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. (28936 Views)

Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. / Hand Sanitizer Does Not Prevent Ebola Virus - Harold Thomas / Warm Water And Salt To Help Prevent Ebola? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by jauntty: 7:05am On Aug 08, 2014
Gullible Nigerians....so na salty water wan prevent #Ebola SMH....... Nigerians suffering 4m High level of Ignorance since 106BC

1 Like

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by homesteady(m): 7:06am On Aug 08, 2014
Some people are saying salt has chlorine bla bla bla, if you dey look for chlorine, go buy HCL na! Or rather still bathe with hypo or jik(they also have chlorine)
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 08, 2014
Adorayble: Nt @ all darling... I heard d Oba of Benin ordered every1 to do it... So,he must have dreamt abt it or consulted an oracle... See my friend wen sm1 has a vag.inal infection or has a cut during childbirth,medical personnels advice her to do sitz bath with salt dt tells U dt Salt can fight against some infections. The salt on Ur skin can serve as a barrier wen sm1 wif Ebola rubs his skin against unifected person,its a simple logic! Since d act isn't harmful why nt do it? Had it been dey asked every1 to drink bleach hell no,ah for nor drink nah! Okay,see yday dt dere ws no movement arount Ikorodu area,becos of burial rites why pple nor come out of their house? So,U see?
your exact inclusion of the ''oracle and dreams part'' totally disreputes the claim itself...ebola is a scientifically engineered virus..its simply hypermyopic 2 think a solution or preventive measure would present itself in anything but a scientific way...altho Miracles do exist....I just don't have the conviction that this claim is one'' my opinion tho....bottom line--It is well
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 08, 2014
Lol... For dt first statement when U get to Yaba,turn left!

To Ur answer,Wen U have salt on Ur skin it serves as a barrier by preventing micro-organisms frm entering Ur skin,I neva said Ebola Virus is a worm...
Largas:
I can give away an investment to tap that asssss.
tongue

Adorayble, do explain to us how it prevents conracting ebola? Do you think ebola virus is worm?
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 08, 2014
Heard!
heefeholuwah: your exact inclusion of the ''oracle and dreams part'' totally disreputes the claim itself...ebola is a scientifically engineered virus..its simply hypermyopic 2 think a solution or preventive measure would present itself in anything but a scientific way...altho Miracles do exist....I just don't have the conviction that this claim is one'' my opinion tho....bottom line--It is well
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by dawoyo(m): 7:08am On Aug 08, 2014
Modified!
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Amazingg: 7:11am On Aug 08, 2014
ChideraFavour: But ds rumour is not in Benin o
it is o. My aunt woke me from a very peaceful sleep here in benin telling me about the salt solution. Nigerians sef!
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by dlex21(m): 7:12am On Aug 08, 2014
U know ebola is a worm parasite and since salt kills worm, it's only logical it will prevent ebola grin grin
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by xynerise: 7:12am On Aug 08, 2014
grin grin.

My mum's voice sounds so scary on phone when I was arguing with her.

Well....should we use iodized or ordinary salt?
*Looking for salt and pepper*
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Adaodogwu(f): 7:16am On Aug 08, 2014
Na to begin sell salt this morning sure pass o o o o!
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 08, 2014
Adorayble: Heard!
easy querida...no need to get all tensed up
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by 5minsmadness: 7:17am On Aug 08, 2014
How much salt are we talking about?
Do you guys realise that when you sweat, you sweat out salt? How come that hasn't prevented the spread of Ebola?
@adoyrable you too?? Chaiiiii!!! No wonder naija people are easily 419ed!

PLEASE DO NOT RUB SALT ON YOUR BABY'S SKIN! It will peel!

As for everyone else Google mass hysteria. That's what's happened now. [size=18pt]The Salt thing is a Big Lie![/size]

3 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 08, 2014
Adaodogwu: Na to begin sell salt this morning sure pass o o o o!
lol
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 08, 2014
U see,Ebola issue has made me learn a new word today"Querida" which means a Beloved,tanchu
heefeholuwah: easy querida...no need to get all tensed up
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by homesteady(m): 7:23am On Aug 08, 2014
Almost all Mothers this morning -

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by amnestylaw1(m): 7:24am On Aug 08, 2014
We go soon baf with pepper water sad

1 Like

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Phlakes(f): 7:26am On Aug 08, 2014
Rumour or no rumour, y nt do it, we never can tel, it might work for it since no one has known d cure, what if they ask u to do wat is worse than that nd u are very sure it is d cure, won't you do it?
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 08, 2014
Adorayble: U see,Ebola issue has made me learn a new word today"Querida" which means a Beloved,tanchu
ohh....well then..I gues everything in life rili does have its gud and bad sides
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by afifia: 7:35am On Aug 08, 2014
All of una for ds forum no well at all. If salt dey prevent Ebola, what of salt wey dey for sweat and yet sweat is a medium of transmission for the virus? Why the salt in sweat no kill the virus? Please go to ebolaalert.com and get preventive measures to adopt.

1 Like

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by wheesin(m): 7:37am On Aug 08, 2014
my mum woke me up around 5:30 am just to bath with salt water undecided ..now i don drink like 2 small bags..no salt to cook food again.. undecided
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by pendusky(m): 7:38am On Aug 08, 2014
Gsentme: Me too I have received unaccountable calls telling me same thing. Pls my dear people weather is rumour or not do as u where told because prevention is better than cure to avoid had I no.
So you bathe salt? grin
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nazcoj(m): 7:40am On Aug 08, 2014
Ignorance surely is more deadly than Ebola itself... Lack of knowledge is more infectious than the ebola... So Nigeria ebola is now different from that of other countries... So USA are too foolish enough to invest millions in research for ebola cure when salt mixed with hot water(according to my people) can serve as a preventive measures... So if it is true, there would have been no one alive in countries like Sierra leone, Liberia, Guinea, Zaire, etc
The pandemonium this news has cAused will simply result as follows:
1. Rapid increment in the price of salt.
2. The network providers i.e MTN, GLO, ETISALAT, AIRTEL and etc will declare the highest dividends come the end of the quarter.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by AdekunleIG(m): 7:44am On Aug 08, 2014
Na wa o

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 7:46am On Aug 08, 2014
I woke up with 14 missed calls from different family members... Only to call them back and hear this nonsense
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:48am On Aug 08, 2014
Salt and water in the morning = purging I pity peoples children today.

My phone 23miss calls 5messages,bbm unaccountable broadcasts whatsapp (I GIVE UP) good thing the phone was on silence.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by sarutobie(m): 7:52am On Aug 08, 2014
see dem

1 Like

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by roufy235(m): 7:56am On Aug 08, 2014
na him wake me up gan
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by emmyraytlc(m): 8:00am On Aug 08, 2014
::: I see people of little faith all around...
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by emmyraytlc(m): 8:03am On Aug 08, 2014
afifia: All of una for ds forum no well at all. If salt dey prevent Ebola, what of salt wey dey for sweat and yet sweat is a medium of transmission for the virus? Why the salt in sweat no kill the virus? Please go to ebolaalert.com and get preventive measures to adopt.

:::that's a very good point to ponder...
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Danhumprey: 8:03am On Aug 08, 2014
homesteady: Almost all Mothers this morning -

grin grin
Lwkmd. grin
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Danhumprey: 8:07am On Aug 08, 2014
xynerise: grin grin.

My mum's voice sounds so scary on phone when I was arguing with her.

Well....should we use iodized or ordinary salt?
*Looking for salt and pepper*
grin
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Danhumprey: 8:08am On Aug 08, 2014
5minsmadness: How much salt are we talking about?
Do you guys realise that when you sweat, you sweat out salt? How come that hasn't prevented the spread of Ebola?
@adoyrable you too?? Chaiiiii!!! No wonder naija people are easily 419ed!

PLEASE DO NOT RUB SALT ON YOUR BABY'S SKIN! It will peel!

As for everyone else Google mass hysteria. That's what's happened now. [size=18pt]The Salt thing is a Big Lie![/size]
Bro, tell them!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal / How Do I Get Rid Of Black Spots caused by pimples? / Police Officer Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.