Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying (3062 Views)

If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? / You can make HEAVEN....why choose HELL? / Death Is Not The Worst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by Weah96: 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

OK..

When you are about to take your last breath, you could also indict Him for asking for your life.

You don't know how the world works. Why do people look at the same image but leave with different opinions? Your belief is true for you only, including hell and heaven.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by shdemidemi(m): 2:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
Weah96:

You don't know how the world works Why do people look at the same image but leave with different opinions? Your belief is true for you only, including hell and heaven.

you are right, left to me i really do not know how it works. I suddenly find myself here in the world, I do everything demanded by my society and I will suddenly drop dead at some point only to take nothing with me from the world. How pathetic!

Believing nothing isnt an option for me, but believing the right thing is all that matters to me.

Weah96: Why do people look at the same image but leave with different opinions?

You are right, this is true about people. We all have our senses and volition to infer whatever we choose from varying perspectives depending on our stand/view point, which is always subject to change. We will all be wrong or right within the parameter/boundary at which we view from. But, God sees from a central point seeing everything that seem like a puzzle and mystery to us clearly. The call to christianity is the call to view the world through the eyes of God.

2 Likes

Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by Weah96: 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

you are right, left to me i really do not know how it works. I suddenly find myself here in the world, I do everything demanded by my society and I will suddenly drop dead at some point only to take nothing with me from the world. How pathetic!

Believing nothing isnt an option for me, but believing the right thing is all that matters to me.

You are right, this is true about people. We all have our senses and volition to infer whatever we choose from varying perspectives depending on our stand/view point, which is always subject to change. We will all be wrong or right within the parameter/boundary at which we view from. But, God sees from a central point seeing everything that seem like a puzzle and mystery to us clearly. T
he call to christianity is the call to view the world through the eyes of God.

God is an invention of the human mind. I see no need for it.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by shdemidemi(m): 4:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
Weah96:

God is an invention of the human mind. I see no need for it.

Well and good, I respect your opinion and your take. I hope you also respect other people's beliefs and their take.

All man to his own.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by Weah96: 5:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

Well and good, I respect your opinion and your take. I hope you also respect other people's beliefs and their take.

All man to his own.
I respect it only for one reason: to keep the rate of homicides as it is now. Christians abstain from r)ape and murder because a dictator commands them to. If more people desert religion, then the rate of homicides will increase at an astounding rate. Let the mentally sick people keep their Gods.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by shdemidemi(m): 5:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
Weah96:
I respect it only for one reason: to keep the rate of homicides as it is now. Christians abstain from r)ape and murder because a dictator commands them to. If more people desert religion, then the rate of homicides will increase at an astounding rate. Let the mentally sick people keep their Gods.

Good to know you respect Christianity...
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by tpia1: 7:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
what the bible says is

1 Cor 15

19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by Nobody: 1:48am On Aug 12, 2014
frosbel: Christians often say that when we die we are immediately transported to heaven where there is everlasting joy, peace etc.

I think most christians believe quite the opposite, ie that at death they 'remain dead' until a future date of 'resurrection' and 'judgement', when their bodies would be miraculously returned to life. They don't really have the concept of soul transcendence. Few of them at all contemplate the difference between soul and body, seeing them as one and the same thing. Christians in general have a very unsophisticated, infantile conceptualization of existence.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by Osama10(m): 1:51am On Aug 12, 2014
Me I wonder too oh, they should even pray for death since heaven is better than earth.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by Nobody: 1:58am On Aug 12, 2014
Osama10: Me I wonder too oh, they should even pray for death since heaven is better than earth.

grin cheesy grin
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by Osama10(m): 2:08am On Aug 12, 2014
Kizmarty:
grin cheesy grin

grin grin grin
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by tpia1: 2:56am On Aug 12, 2014
Osama10: Me I wonder too oh, they should even pray for death since heaven is better than earth.

is that in the bible?

1 Like

Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by Weah96: 4:52am On Aug 12, 2014
tpia1:

is that in the bible?

What? The fact that the world belongs to the devil and heaven is the ultimate reward?
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by tpia1: 5:25am On Aug 12, 2014
the world was created by God not the devil.

both heaven and earth belong to God.

try harder.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by Weah96: 5:46am On Aug 12, 2014
tpia1: the world was created by God not the devil.

both heaven and earth belong to God.

try harder.

The devil took Jesus up on a mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world. He then offered to transfer ownership to Jesus as a reward for worship. Why did Jesus not tell him that the world was already his property? Jesus didn't dispute the man's claim to the floating space rock called earth. So you try again.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by tpia1: 5:54am On Aug 12, 2014
why are you in such a hurry to type?

here are the verses you're referring to:

matthew 4

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only

do you see earth written anywhere there?

"kingdom" is different from earth.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by Weah96: 5:58am On Aug 12, 2014
tpia1: why are you in such a hurry to type?

here are the verses you're referring to:

matthew 4

do you see earth written anywhere there?

"kingdom" is different from earth.

So the 194 countries belong to the devil, but the floating rock itself is God's property? SMH.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by shdemidemi(m): 7:59am On Aug 12, 2014
Weah96:

So the 194 countries belong to the devil, but the floating rock itself is God's property? SMH.

I think its best you ask if you have things regarding scriptures you do not know, rather than disparage it because you cant fathom it.

we must distinguish between the 'world' and the 'earth'. We must understand the world is a system on earth, therefore, the world(system) would eventually come to an end but the earth remains forever.

The devil remains the king of the system called the world.... as christians we are in the world but not of the world.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by anukulapo: 10:00am On Aug 12, 2014
frosbel: Christians often say that when we die we are immediately transported to heaven where there is everlasting joy, peace etc.

But if it where so, why are some of us believers the most cowardly in the face of death, why do we fight to stay alive, use seatbelts in our cars, eat healthy food, take medicine , scream ' In Jesus name ' when there is a small wobbling of a plane in the sky , curse those who want to bring death to us and ask God to rain down fire on our enemies.

Surely if we enter heaven after death, we should all start celebrating death and delete scriptures such as ' oh death where is thy sting ' or ' the final enemy to overcome is death '.

So tell me , why are you scared of dying O Christian for heaven awaits thee on the other side. cheesy

In other words, like asking why Jesus prayed so much that the sweat from his body was like blood. You should ask Jesus also. Didn't he know that he was going back to the father?

1 Like

Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by tpia1: 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

I think its best you ask if you have things regarding scriptures you do not know, rather than disparage it because you cant fathom it.

we must distinguish between the 'world' and the 'earth'. We must understand the world is a system on earth, therefore, the world(system) would eventually come to an end but the earth remains forever.

The devil remains the king of the system called the world.... as christians we are in the world but not of the world.

thanks

1 Like

Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
anukulapo:

In other words, like asking why Jesus prayed so much that the sweat from his body was like blood. You should ask Jesus also. Didn't he know that he was going back to the father?

When did Jesus go back to the Father , after Death or after Resurrection ?

Don't forget this scripture :

"Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'" - John 20:17
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by alexleo(m): 3:43pm On Aug 12, 2014
Even Jesus knew he will die yet he never committed suicide and he never prayed for death to come. Likewise we all know we ll die some day but we aint gonna commit suicide or pray for death. Wjen Elijah prayed for death God did not grant his prayer rather God told him there is more work ahead. We are here on a mission, when our work is done here death will surely come. It is God that owns our lives not us so we have no right to take it away. .The main thing for us is to be heaven+ready at all times. May God help us. Amen.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by anukulapo: 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
frosbel:

When did Jesus go back to the Father , after Death or after Resurrection ?

Don't forget this scripture :

"Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'" - John 20:17

I'm still trying to understand your point sir. I do not see the relevance of the above to my response or the topic.

Am I missing something?

1 Like

Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by MrPresident1: 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2014

But if it where so, why are some of us believers the most cowardly in the face of death, why do we fight to stay alive, use seatbelts in our cars, eat healthy food, take medicine , scream ' In Jesus name ' when there is a small wobbling of a plane in the sky , curse those who want to bring death to us and ask God to rain down fire on our enemies.

Surely if we enter heaven after death, we should all start celebrating death and delete scriptures such as ' oh death where is thy sting ' or ' the final enemy to overcome is death '.

So tell me , why are you scared of dying O Christian for heaven awaits thee on the other side. cheesy

No one goes to heaven or hell after death, we all go to rest.
Heaven and earth are here on earth. You get to pay for your sins in your reincarnation.

Yashua will come to bring heaven to earth for the 1/3 chosen. The remnant in judgement and the strangers in righteousness wink

1 Like

Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by Weah96: 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

therefore, the world(system) would eventually come to an end but the earth remains forever.

You're wrong. The earth doesn't last forever. In fact, the floating rock called earth was nearly eviscerated by the sun only 2 years ago, and you and I didn't even notice. Everybody would have been killed. Even stars burn out, my brother, including our own sun.
http://nypost.com/2014/07/24/solar-flare-nearly-destroyed-earth-two-years-ago-nasa/
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by MrPresident1: 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
Weah96: You're wrong. The earth doesn't last forever. In fact, the floating rock called earth was nearly eviscerated by the sun only 2 years ago, and you and I didn't even notice. Everybody would have been killed. Even stars burn out, my brother.
http://nypost.com/2014/07/24/solar-flare-nearly-destroyed-earth-two-years-ago-nasa/

George Weah, the earth lasts forever OK? Its been here for eons.

But the flares you saw two years ago is stale news, there have been more powerful solar flares in recent months. They fulfil biblical prophecy;

Luke 21:25
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by Weah96: 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
MrPresident1:

But the flares you saw two years ago is stale news, there have been more powerful solar flares in recent months. They fulfil biblical prophecy;

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Actually that was the wrong article. The July 23 flare was not capable of extinction.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by Weah96: 6:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
MrPresident1:

How can the earth survive without the sun? Will you pay the NEPA bill required to provide daylight for the whole planet?
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by MrPresident1: 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
Weah96:

Actually that was the wrong article. The July 23 flare was not capable of extinction.

Still they have been prophesied, and whether you accept or deny it is of no consequence. Yashua said it, well documented in the Bible, and it is unraveling right in our very eyes.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by MrPresident1: 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
Weah96:

How can the earth survive without the sun? Will you pay the NEPA bill required to provide daylight for the whole planet?

Dont be ridiculous wink
Ecclesiastes 1:4
One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by shdemidemi(m): 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
double post
Re: If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying by Weah96: 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
MrPresident1:

Dont be ridiculous wink
Ecclesiastes 1:4
One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

Everything abideth forever, in one form or the other. Isn't that a law in physics? The earth just won't be the earth no more. Sorry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bye Bye To Ooman / RIP More Relevant Than Heaven Or Hell. / Atheists/theists: Is Morality Subjective Or Objective?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.