Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] (75740 Views)

More Pictures Of Buhari At The Blair House In The US / GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana / Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Tstark(m): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
caniva: Baba 70 with his Brother Dr. Beko in court on allegation of human trafficking in 1973

@ OP this Picture was not taken in 1973, Fela was 35 in 1973, this picture was obviously taken in the 90's. If you aren't sure of the years don't bother forming dates and misleading people

3 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by macsika: 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
Looking at this all i can say is

THE MAN DIED, THINGS FALL APART BECAUSE THE BEAUTIFUL ONES ARE NOT YET BORN.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by ElNur1: 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
naijamerican: GEJ till 2019!!!

God bless Nigeria!

Carry Go with this Buhari propaganda nonsense.

one word

#MuMu

U think evrything is abt politics
Appreciate d pictures nd Shuuut D Fuuuk up if u gat nthin +ve 2 say

3 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
SirShymex: What year was the picture below taken?

That's one smooth muthafvcker - dapper.

after da country spent n wasted funds on his training,hes never been of any gud use...dorned da 3piece n mingled with enlightened n renowned men,but remained a fanatic n ethnic bigot..n is still itching to rule his great grand kidz...n has got flocks of followers..pretty amazing..

5 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by amnestylaw1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
When Nigeria was still working...when we were in our right minds?
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by F117A: 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
A good thread ruined by the OP and his cohorts with the buhari nonsense
Remind me never to open your thread again

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Elebiju: 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
HE BABA:ALAJO SOMOLU, Nigeria’s Most Famous Thrift CollectorOne thing I really respect Afrikan women for is the way many of them manage money. This is particularly true of the market women and those who ownsmall small worobo(petty) businesses. With incredibly tiny amounts, they manage to sustain entire families and prevent their playful, carefree kids from starving. And even send them to school.Kudos to you if are one of the millions of hardworking Afrikan women. While this is not to spite the men or anything, this is just to appreciate the sheer ingenuity of the females when it comes managing and multiplying meagre financial resources.

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by ibdeals1(m): 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
memories
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by vicoloni(m): 4:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
THE BEST NAIRALAND THREAD FOR 2014!

Am keeping those pictures for my children should the entrapment called Nigeria cease to exist!

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by AndreB: 4:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
Bonny Chiefs(Rivers State) with a Naval commandant in 1896
Abonnema Chiefs in 1895 pre-independence Ijaw chiefs Rivers state

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by AndreB: 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ex-presidents as teens, Abdulsalami Abubakar(far-left) IBB (middle)

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by ChimaAdeoye: 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
DecemberIV:

Bros an educated person will present evidence that general buhari is not a stallion of honesty instead, so we can know its a lie.
[size=14pt]Nigeria is a serious joke. Nobody had been arrested nor prosecuted for the missing N25 billion that mysteriously disappeared from the PTF under Buhari!

Even Buhari himself has not raised a finger to point out how the billions disappeared!
Yet, we call ourselves a serious country, and white wash these corrupt men as honest people?

PTF Fraud: How N25 Billion was stolen under Buhari’s watch[/size]

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/ptf-fraud-how-n25-billion-was-stolen-under-buharis-watch/

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by LadyH(f): 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
prophetone:
Really? You'd rather not have the freedom to determine your future even though we abused the freedom? The truth is we have the option to make amends and reach for glory, as a colony you do not have that luxury.
Are we truly FREE??
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by eeeeeee: 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
DecemberIV: Nice job OP.

The Indefatigable Tower of Integrity, Honesty and Accountability.
Absolute rubbish. undecided
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by mstik(f): 4:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
Very incredible!
I love this type of old, nostalgic pictures that bring back memories that were never there.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Neddyogu(m): 4:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
Lordlexyy: That's what he is. The joke is on you to disprove his integrity and honesty. His stallion qualities are chronicles for us to see except for folks who finds fault when there is none. He remains the only leader so far in the history of this country that nobody has been able to bring any charges against. If you think there's any both as an head of state and ptf chairman, oya mr. Find fault, do justice to my curiosity.
pls dont forget d Umaru Dikko incident and d human right abuses especially of d press in d 1980s. If u doubt me go and listen to fela's song 'basketmouth'. U cannot call a man whose govt suppressed free speech a '' stallion abi horse of integrity''. Make dat Bullshit of integrity! Not to mention d missin PTF Funds under his watch. D man no be saint, dont paint him as such. Integrity my left yansh!
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by EmmaGhana: 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
That first pic, what a haunting beauty. Where is she now? That face will be on mind for while, wow..Africa we are blessed ohh. Good stuff.

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by zubby29(m): 5:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
most beautiful pictures i have ever seen on nairaland.God bless who ever is responsible for all dis wonderful pictrs excpt dat of d biafran gen.May God restore dis great country.let us shone religion and tribal sentiment
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
one of nigeria's finest and bravest...CHUKWUMA KADUNA NZEOGWU

8 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
Woah! I am happy that I opened this thread.... Obj is cute sha kiss
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by musicwriter(m): 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
prophetone:
The year is 1939. The then monarch of Benin Oba akenzua II flanked by General Bondilon.

Nigerian Air Traffic Controllers learning Australian methods of air traffic control inside Perth Airport control tower in 1964. They were in Australia under the Special Commonwealth Assistance to Africa Plan.

University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan In 1959

The 1st Nigerian man to declare that 20 men shall fall that day if you cross his lane, he declared it before Wizkid. 19 yr old Victor Uwaifo training and posing at Obalende, near St Gregorys College, Lagos 1960.

Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia In Nigeria In 1972. Ngozi Achebe handing His Imperial Majesty, a bouquet of marigolds, daisies and daffodils during his visit to Nigeria in 1972. The little Ngozi welcomed the mighty emperor saying: “I welcome to Nigeria, His Royal Highness, the great Emperor of all Ethiopia, Elect of God, and the Lion of Judah, Emperor Haile Selassie.”

Scholar writing a Hausa dictionary in the Centre of Study for Nigerian Languages in Kano, May 1974.

Civilians at a bus stop, Ibadan (1970).

On November 10, 1995 Ken Saro-Wiwa and eight other Ogoni activists were hanged, After being tried and convicted by a special military tribunal and were refused the possibility of appeal in relation to their human right activities in the Niger Delta region. In 2009, after years of litigation, Shell settled out of court with the Saro Wiwa family for $15.5million as a “humanitarian gesture and a gesture of sympathy

Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Premier of the Old Western Region Nigeria.

Women in wooden canoe on Cross River (1959).

I'm seeing no difference between this picture and the contemporary scene. @OP, are you sure of it's date?

2 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
Rexxie: one of nigeria's finest and bravest...CHUKWUMA KADUNA NZEOGWU
THE BRAVEST AND FINEST ONES

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Vicjustice: 5:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
The well-being of a king's subject is the King's pride, but observing that these poor kids look like kwashiokor sufferers is a shame to his royal highness

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by AnanseK(m): 5:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
Rexxie:
after da country spent n wasted funds on his training,hes never been of any gud use...dorned da 3piece n mingled with enlightened n renowned men,but remained a fanatic n ethnic bigot..n is still itching to rule his great grand kidz...n has got flocks of followers..pretty amazing..

You simply constitute a nuisance.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Akiika: 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
Lordlexyy: That's what he is. The joke is on you to disprove his integrity and honesty. His stallion qualities are chronicles for us to see except for folks who finds fault when there is none. He remains the only leader so far in the history of this country that nobody has been able to bring any charges against. If you think there's any both as an head of state and ptf chairman, oya mr. Find fault, do justice to my curiosity.

They usually don't have anything against him except for being a Northerner and a Muslim....phucking bigots!
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
ONE OF NIGERIA'S FINEST AND BRAVEST SOLDIER,ISAAC ADAKA BORO..

6 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by UpLoyo: 5:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
MAYOWAAK: Very rare indeed!In years to come,ebola cure will be pictorially remembered.

On top of all these wonderful pictures that brought great memories; this ridiculous picture is all you've got to add? Putting a kid in a pot, on a stove must be really funny to you and the ediot that took the picture.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by musicwriter(m): 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
Indeed there was a country!.

8 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
ANALnseK:

You simply constitute a nuisance.
...ur name alone gives da ugly feelings...n am pretty sure u do ur talking just like u just did,from that ebolic_Anal trumpeting hole...
ANALsek! can someone beat that ANAL_rapping_shiit?
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by theoctopus: 5:57pm On Aug 08, 2014

You are a joke. Buhari was a crook who declared that Abacha was not corrupt., How can a man who presided over billions of PTF funds and squandered it be a man of integrity and honesty? You too are a joke. Dont mess up your thread bro
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
AnanseK:

Now you have started. So Jonathan is the stallion of honesty. The I. Don't give a damn dancing president.
...congratulations on ur birthday,today n congratulations 2ya as well on ur foool@40 status,jolly gud fella
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by djfaithy: 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
uzoexcel: yeah simple and better quality...sighs

@op pls remove the baifra genocidde pics...it turned my tummy lipsrsealed
#
go and sleep if your tummy is turning, I think the aim of this thread is to educate us on how peaceful Nigeria used to be and why we should never pray or go to war again, that picture is part of our history and its time we stop running from it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Final Results Of 2023 Governorship Elections So Far Across States / Dino Melaye Trails Smart Adeyemi With Two LGs Remaining / Obasanjo Spotted In London After Buhari's Presidential Election Victory. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.