Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus (5078 Views)

B-reaking News!!!!!! Finally TB Joshua Announces The Coming Of Biafra. / Nigerian Opposition Announces The Shadow Cabinet / Prisoners Protest VIP Treatment Of Lebanese Terror Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by jericco1(m): 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
Music to my ears.-
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
wirinet: Good News. But what about our own scientists? What are all our professors and doctors in our universities and research centres doing? are they waiting for a solution from the west and then come and profess what is already discovered to the rest of us?

We are damn too intellectually lazy.
They are busy praying in religious camps locatedon Lagos Ibadan highway. When they should be thanking the white gods in Canada and the US.

1 Like

Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by Jakumo(m): 7:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
saxywale:
They are busy praying in redemption camp and all other camps on Lagos Ibadan highway. When they should be thanking the white gods in Canada and the US.

It is this kind of disrespect for Big Daddy G.O. of the Gulfstream jet fame, that tempts Big Daddy's G.O's loyal tithe-paying masses to defect and join other miracle churches who may offer comparable magic cures for Ebola and poverty at more competitive prices.

Do you realize how costly it is for a humble Man of the Cloth to own a private jet these days when the poor economy forces members of church flocks to give less than the expected 95% of their pay-checks to the church ? The parking fees, landing fees and pilots salaries alone are enough to bring a holy man to his knees in prayer begging the Almighty for more cash blessings to shower forth from the heavens and from punters every Sunday.

Please, Wale, just do like I do, and wave your arms in the air like you just don't care, shouting "Blood of Jeeeesus protect me !", in order that the Ebola be DEFLECTED away from all who pray, fast and religiously adhere to their tithe commitments owed the Holy Shepherd, such that only non-tithe payers will get felled by the deadly plague, in Jeeeeesus name amen.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by Etfash(m): 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
With due respect guys, i beg to differ from the line of thinking of many.

First, the paper was published in 2013; so, the study was done earlier.

Guys, let us not blame our professors. The situation in this part of the world is not helping at all.
1) We have several discoveries made and published by our scholars that would have bettered our lives but are lying in the departmental libraries of many schools

Reason: No adequate synergy between the Research institutions and the industry

2) Infrastructural issues. Do you guys know that DNA of a number of people with downs syndrome was destroyed because of a prolonged power outage sometimes in 2007. This was the work of an Imperial College and Nigerian born scholar in the nation's premier university

Reason: No adequate power supply or alternative energy source for extended power outage.

3) Inadequate funding. I was to work on HIV from my undergraduate to PhD. I only needed to know what fraction of a population had an inactive CD4 sites for the retrovirus in my undergraduate and continue from there. I assure you i knew this field and was very interested, but my immediate need for money coupled with the fact that many of my lecturers were barely comfortable, i opted for the industry, especially the oil and gas things. I am sure by now, at least i would have been able to know if those with the inactive CD4 receptor sites have other health issues or not and how active sites can be deactivated... Just thinking, no longer current.

So, our researchers are working... But there are many wasters, either systemic or circumstantial.

1 Like

Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by Lilimax(f): 7:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
How come all these Western world waited until now to claim to have discovered cure for the Ebola virus bearing in mind that this virus was first discovered in the 70's?. Is anybody reasoning like me out there embarassed?
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by eposho: 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
Lilimax: How come all these Western world waited until now to claim to have discovered cure for the Ebola virus bearing in mind that this virus was first discovered in the 70's?. Is anybody reasoning like me out there embarassed?
pls get off this WE and THEM syndrome. from the beginning of mankind there always been one killer disease or the other but tru human tenacity cure are found, so let go to work.

1 Like

Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by Lilimax(f): 7:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
eposho:
pls get off this WE and THEM syndrome. from the beginning of mankind there always been one killer disease or the other but tru human tenacity cure are found, so let go to work.
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by Walphem(m): 7:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
sounds interesting. I always wish we can just cut off corruption from our system, things will begin to manifest well
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by Etfash(m): 7:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
@Jakumo, you should apply more love.
I don't pay tithe anymore; based on personal discovery. But then, i don't think people who do are sheepish. Come to think of it, are you financially better than the tax payers in your place of work? If you will be sincere, the answer will be No!

As for the private jet stuff... Well, would you feel better if he was a beggar? Was Christ one?
Remember, even if he was not a preacher, he wouldn't still be a poor man now. He was a senior lecturer, a first-class graduate from UNN, he left everything, sold his "dignity" and attended to an 'unlearned' old man, he sacrificed his dream of becoming the youngest VC, sold his car for evangelism, emptied his bank account, moved from a flat to a room apartment with his family among other things. Would he please God more if he were any less than he is today?

I think we should just apply more love and we will be balanced.

1 Like

Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by Jakumo(m): 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
Etfash: @Jakumo, you should apply more love.
I don't pay tithe anymore; based on personal discovery. But then, i don't think people who do are sheepish. Come to think of it, are you financially better than the tax payers in your place of work? If you will be sincere, the answer will be No!

As for the private jet stuff... Well, would you feel better if he was a beggar? Was Christ one?
Remember, even if he was not a preacher, he wouldn't still be a poor man now. He was a senior lecturer, a first-class graduate from UNN, he left everything, sold his "dignity" and attended to an 'unlearned' old man, he sacrificed his dream of becoming the youngest VC, sold his car for evangelism, emptied his bank account, moved from a flat to a room apartment with his family among other things. Would he please God more if he were any less than he is today?

I think we should just apply more love and we will be balanced.

I think I might be afflicted with Jet Envy, which is at least better than what is going round now ha ha.

Seriously though, I am a miracle pastor as well, but my effort to squeeze enough out of my small congregation to purchase a new Mercedes S Class car for my anointing missions has all been in vain so far, hence my jealousy of Big Daddy's Gulfstream 4 luxury jet.
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by AZeD1(m): 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
Lilimax: How come all these Western world waited until now to claim to have discovered cure for the Ebola virus bearing in mind that this virus was first discovered in the 70's?. Is anybody reasoning like me out there embarassed?
The paper was published in 2012 so what do you mean by the bold part?
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by Kalvan500: 8:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
wirinet: Good News. But what about our own scientists? What are all our professors and doctors in our universities and research centres doing? are they waiting for a solution from the west and then come and profess what is already discovered to the rest of us?

Exactly!!!

What are the African scientists doing?!
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
ednut1: created the epidemic and will sell us the anti dote, white man using our head since 1490
True that
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by Kalvan500: 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
eposho:

Exactly.
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by Aitee1: 12:00am On Aug 09, 2014
Are u +ve? Just curious no offense
Idrismusty97: Wow! Different countries are competing to be the first to produce a cure. Why weren't they like this during HIV outbreak.
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by Idrismusty97(m): 12:04am On Aug 09, 2014
Aitee1: Are u +ve? Just curious no offense
No. What push you to ask such a question? Just curious no offense
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by Aitee1: 12:05am On Aug 09, 2014
grin gdnite
Idrismusty97: No. What push you to ask such a question? Just curious no offense
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by pomporiking: 12:28am On Aug 09, 2014
IF the wealthy and powerful don't get ebola africa can kiss the cure goodbye
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by foxgiovani(m): 8:42am On Aug 09, 2014
Nobody is immune to it.
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by foxgiovani(m): 12:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
dreyjacs:
True that
Lol!
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by kokoA(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2014

dem give una salt and water solution una say una no want nau.. grin
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by foxgiovani(m): 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
kokoA: dem give una salt and water solution una say una no want nau.. grin
Smiling!
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by foxgiovani(m): 10:48am On Aug 10, 2014
Our fears will soon be far from over
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by foxgiovani(m): 7:52pm On Aug 13, 2014

Lol
Re: Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus by Btruth: 8:29am On Aug 26, 2014
Randerl: OK Over To You Nokia
....lol. Ebola, disconnecting people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Back In The Days: PEJ Graduating From School (Picture) / Problem Brewing In Nigeria As Police Vows To Crush IPOB Million Man Match / Throw-back: See Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan 2015 Campaign Photos In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.