Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! (3340 Views)

Intellectual Discussion: Do Black People Have Lower IQ, Is Eugenics Ethical? / Lazy Men:urhobo Men As A Case Study / Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by shitshappen(m): 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
MY FRIEND TOLD ME ABOUT THIS ARTICLE THIS MORNING SO I WENT DIGGING FOR IT.
PLS BEFORE YOU START DISSING ME TAKE YOUR TIME AND DIGEST THE ARTICLE . REPLACE EVERY MENTION OF ZAMBIA WITH NIGERIA AND THE CITIES WITH ANY NIGERIAN CITY OF YOUR CHOICE.
ENJOY

YOU LAZY (INTELLECTUAL) AFRICAN SCUM!

Call the Third World the lazy man’s purview; the sluggishly slothful and languorous prefecture. In this realm people are sleepy, dreamy, torpid, lethargic, and therefore indigent—totally penniless, needy, destitute, poverty-stricken, disfavored, and impoverished. In this demesne, as they call it, there are hardly any discoveries, inventions, and innovations. Africa is the trailblazer. Some still call it “the dark continent” for the light that flickers under the tunnel is not that of hope, but an approaching train. And because countless keep waiting in the way of the train, millions die and many more remain decapitated by the day.

“It’s amazing how you all sit there and watch yourselves die,” the man next to me said. “Get up and do something about it.”

Brawny, fully bald-headed, with intense, steely eyes, he was as cold as they come. When I first discovered I was going to spend my New Year’s Eve next to him on a non-stop JetBlue flight from Los Angeles to Boston I was angst-ridden. I associate marble-shaven Caucasians with iconoclastic skin-heads, most of who are racist.

“My name is Walter,” he extended his hand as soon as I settled in my seat.

I told him mine with a precautious smile.

“Where are you from?” he asked.

“Zambia.”

“Zambia!” he exclaimed, “Kaunda’s country.”

“Yes,” I said, “Now Sata’s.”

“But of course,” he responded. “You just elected King Cobra as your president.”

My face lit up at the mention of Sata’s moniker. Walter smiled, and in those cold eyes I saw an amenable fellow, one of those American highbrows who shuttle between Africa and the U.S.

“I spent three years in Zambia in the 1980s,” he continued. “I wined and dined with Luke Mwananshiku, Willa Mungomba, Dr. Siteke Mwale, and many other highly intelligent Zambians.” He lowered his voice. “I was part of the IMF group that came to rip you guys off.” He smirked. “Your government put me in a million dollar mansion overlooking a shanty called Kalingalinga. From my patio I saw it all—the rich and the poor, the ailing, the dead, and the healthy.”

“Are you still with the IMF?” I asked.

“I have since moved to yet another group with similar intentions. In the next few months my colleagues and I will be in Lusaka to hypnotize the cobra. I work for the broker that has acquired a chunk of your debt. Your government owes not the World Bank, but us millions of dollars. We’ll be in Lusaka to offer your president a couple of millions and fly back with a check twenty times greater.”

“No, you won’t,” I said. “King Cobra is incorruptible. He is …”

He was laughing. “Says who? Give me an African president, just one, who has not fallen for the carrot and stick.”

Quett Masire’s name popped up.

“Oh, him, well, we never got to him because he turned down the IMF and the World Bank. It was perhaps the smartest thing for him to do.”

At midnight we were airborne. The captain wished us a happy 2012 and urged us to watch the fireworks across Los Angeles.

“Isn’t that beautiful,” Walter said looking down.

From my middle seat, I took a glance and nodded admirably.

“That’s white man’s country,” he said. “We came here on Mayflower and turned Indian land into a paradise and now the most powerful nation on earth. We discovered the bulb, and built this aircraft to fly us to pleasure resorts like Lake Zambia.”

I grinned. “There is no Lake Zambia.”

He curled his lips into a smug smile. “That’s what we call your country. You guys are as stagnant as the water in the lake. We come in with our large boats and fish your minerals and your wildlife and leave morsels—crumbs. That’s your staple food, crumbs. That corn-meal you eat, that’s crumbs, the small Tilapia fish you call Kapenta is crumbs. We the Bwanas (whites) take the cat fish. I am the Bwana and you are the Muntu. I get what I want and you get what you deserve, crumbs. That’s what lazy people get—Zambians, Africans, the entire Third World.”

The smile vanished from my face.

“I see you are getting pissed off,” Walter said and lowered his voice. “You are thinking this Bwana is a racist. That’s how most Zambians respond when I tell them the truth. They go ballistic. Okay. Let’s for a moment put our skin pigmentations, this black and white crap, aside. Tell me, my friend, what is the difference between you and me?”

“There’s no difference.”

“Absolutely none,” he exclaimed. “Scientists in the Human Genome Project have proved that. It took them thirteen years to determine the complete sequence of the three billion DNA subunits. After they

were all done it was clear that 99.9% nucleotide bases were exactly the same in you and me. We are the same people. All white, Asian, Latino, and black people on this aircraft are the same.”

I gladly nodded.

“And yet I feel superior,” he smiled fatalistically. “Every white person on this plane feels superior to a black person. The white guy who picks up garbage, the homeless white trash on drugs, feels superior to you no matter his status or education. I can pick up a nincompoop from the New York streets, clean him up, and take him to Lusaka and you all be crowding around him chanting muzungu, muzungu and yet he’s a riffraff. Tell me why my angry friend.”

For a moment I was wordless.

“Please don’t blame it on slavery like the African Americans do, or colonialism, or some psychological impact or some kind of stigmatization. And don’t give me the brainwash poppycock. Give me a better answer.”

I was thinking.

He continued. “Excuse what I am about to say. Please do not take offense.”

I felt a slap of blood rush to my head and prepared for the worst.

“You my friend flying with me and all your kind are lazy,” he said. “When you rest your head on the pillow you don’t dream big. You and other so-called African intellectuals are damn lazy, each one of you. It is you, and not those poor starving people, who is the reason Africa is in such a deplorable state.”

“That’s not a nice thing to say,” I protested.

He was implacable. “Oh yes it is and I will say it again, you are lazy. Poor and uneducated Africans are the most hardworking people on earth. I saw them in the Lusaka markets and on the street selling merchandise. I saw them in villages toiling away. I saw women on Kafue Road crushing stones for sell and I wept. I said to myself where are the Zambian intellectuals? Are the Zambian engineers so imperceptive they cannot invent a simple stone crusher, or a simple water filter to purify well water for those poor villagers? Are you telling me that after thirty-seven years of independence your university school of engineering has not produced a scientist or an engineer who can make simple small machines for mass use? What is the school there for?”

I held my breath.

“Do you know where I found your intellectuals? They were in bars quaffing. They were at the Lusaka Golf Club, Lusaka Central Club, Lusaka Playhouse, and Lusaka Flying Club. I saw with my own eyes a bunch of alcoholic graduates. Zambian intellectuals work from eight to five and spend the evening drinking. We don’t. We reserve the evening for brainstorming.”

He looked me in the eye.

“And you flying to Boston and all of you Zambians in the Diaspora are just as lazy and apathetic to your country. You don’t care about your country and yet your very own parents, brothers and sisters are in Mtendere, Chawama, and in villages, all of them living in squalor. Many have died or are dying of neglect by you. They are dying of AIDS because you cannot come up with your own cure. You are here calling yourselves graduates, researchers and scientists and are fast at articulating your credentials once asked—oh, I have a PhD in this and that—PhD my foot!”

I was deflated.

“Wake up you all!” he exclaimed, attracting the attention of nearby passengers. “You should be busy lifting ideas, formulae, recipes, and diagrams from American manufacturing factories and sending them to your own factories. All those research findings and dissertation papers you compile should be your country’s treasure. Why do you think the Asians are a force to reckon with? They stole our ideas and turned them into their own. Look at Japan, China, India, just look at them.”

He paused. “The Bwana has spoken,” he said and grinned. “As long as you are dependent on my plane, I shall feel superior and you my friend shall remain inferior, how about that? The Chinese, Japanese, Indians, even Latinos are a notch better. You Africans are at the bottom of the totem pole.”

He tempered his voice. “Get over this white skin syndrome and begin to feel confident. Become innovative and make your own stuff for god’s sake.”

At 8 a.m. the plane touched down at Boston’s Logan International Airport. Walter reached for my hand.

“I know I was too strong, but I don’t give it a damn. I have been to Zambia and have seen too much poverty.” He pulled out a piece of paper and scribbled something. “Here, read this. It was written by a friend.”

He had written only the title: “Lords of Poverty.”

Thunderstruck, I had a sinking feeling. I watched Walter walk through the airport doors to a waiting car. He had left a huge dust devil twirling in my mind, stirring up sad memories of home. I could see Zambia’s literati—the cognoscente, intelligentsia, academics, highbrows, and scholars in the places he had mentioned guzzling and talking irrelevancies. I remembered some who have since passed—how they got the highest grades in mathematics and the sciences and attained the highest education on the planet. They had been to Harvard, Oxford, Yale, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), only to leave us with not a single invention or discovery. I knew some by name and drunk with them at the Lusaka Playhouse and Central Sports.

Walter is right. It is true that since independence we have failed to nurture creativity and collective orientations. We as a nation lack a workhorse mentality and behave like 13 million civil servants dependent on a government pay cheque. We believe that development is generated 8-to-5 behind a desk wearing a tie with our degrees hanging on the wall. Such a working environment does not offer the opportunity for fellowship, the excitement of competition, and the spectacle of innovative rituals.

But the intelligentsia is not solely, or even mainly, to blame. The larger failure is due to political circumstances over which they have had little control. The past governments failed to create an environment of possibility that fosters camaraderie, rewards innovative ideas and encourages resilience. KK, Chiluba, Mwanawasa, and Banda embraced orthodox ideas and therefore failed to offer many opportunities for drawing outside the line.

I believe King Cobra’s reset has been cast in the same faculties as those of his predecessors. If today I told him that we can build our own car, he would throw me out.

“Naupena? Fuma apa.” (Are you mad? Get out of here)

Knowing well that King Cobra will not embody innovation at Walter’s level let’s begin to look for a technologically active-positive leader who can succeed him after a term or two. That way we can make our own stone crushers, water filters, water pumps, razor blades, and harvesters. Let’s dream big and make tractors, cars, and planes, or, like Walter said, forever remain inferior.

A fundamental transformation of our country from what is essentially non-innovative to a strategic superior African country requires a bold risk-taking educated leader with a triumphalist attitude and we have one in YOU. Don’t be highly strung and feel insulted by Walter. Take a moment and think about our country. Our journey from 1964 has been marked by tears. It has been an emotionally overwhelming experience. Each one of us has lost a loved one to poverty, hunger, and disease. The number of graves is catching up with the population. It’s time to change our political culture. It’s time for Zambian intellectuals to cultivate an active-positive progressive movement that will change our lives forever. Don’t be afraid or dispirited, rise to the challenge and salvage the remaining few of your beloved ones.

Field Ruwe is a US-based Zambian media practitioner and author. He is a PhD candidate with a B.A. in Mass Communication and Journalism, and an M.A. in History.

http://mindofmalaka.com/2012/01/18/you-lazy-intellectual-african-scum/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by yomi007k(m): 3:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
No be lie. This really speaks of Africa n Nigeria. Right from d laziness to drunks to non-productive thinking n lack of innovative dreams.
I personally try to work against d norms n try to dream big,work hard n all. But d more u stay in ds shit hole, d deeper u sink. I will keep trying my best,hoping dt someday I might give back to d ppl n d world at large.
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by shitshappen(m): 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
Exactly Bro!
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by Caracta(f): 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
My heart is on fire! However, it's not like we don't have people willing to make differences, but our leaders, our culture, our religion, our state of mind, have oppressed our ideas and cut off our expectations.

Our problem is beyond laziness. We have brilliant engineers, scientists, researchers in almost every city...but they don't have tools and resources to work with. No adequate training or facility. No opportunity to explore. No reasonable attitude to education. No place to learn. No teacher to guide us.

I'm not making up excuses but if many of us had the opportunity needed, we wouldn't be at this level. Our problem is really deep. Even when you want to stand out, you have people around you shouting you down.

Indeed, Africa is in total darkness! Where do we start from? Our leaders have failed us. We have failed ourselves too.

5 Likes

Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by lomaxx: 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
Our leaders have failed us.

Most importantly, we have failed ourselves.
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by shitshappen(m): 4:41pm On Aug 09, 2014
lomaxx: Our leaders have failed us.

Most importantly, we have failed ourselves.
lets call a spade a spade, we have failed ourselves. We all write wonderful thesis, projects and the rest. Buh where do they all end? OUR UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by daveP(m): 7:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
Elitist making things difficult for educated fellas with credible certificate. They wash down graduates and make lil things seem big and vice versa. Why would a machine built in 19th century be what a 21st century engineer be using to cater for his life and family-motorcycle?

I detest that word Club cos i know three things goes on there- drink, waste cash(squandermaniacs) and plan evil (cultism)

its so true, average school called unis evrywhere, carparks in d hands of touts( supposed to be serene environ) all this rubbish omo-onile (na we get land) wars fueled from monarchial power etc. Well we need to wake and send those guys at the top down. None of them has done anything worth staying in our minds and hearts for. Even Fashola don fall ma hand.

2 Likes

Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by traware(m): 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
shitshappen:
lets call a spade a spade, we have failed ourselves. We all write wonderful thesis, projects and the rest. Buh where do they all end? OUR UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
'OP,your post is too long'...is what many will say when they view it.What else do you expect from a state where many believe ebola can be cured via salted water? or where 'graduates' believe they can scare the 'devil' away by covering themselves with white clothings?Sometimes,when I think about this state and its inhabitants,I go just dey laugh.Its truly a comedy galore
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by shitshappen(m): 12:05am On Aug 10, 2014
traware: 'OP,your post is too long'...is what many will say when they view it.What else do you expect from a state where many believe ebola can be cured via salted water? or where 'graduates' believe they can scare the 'devil' away by covering themselves with white clothings?Sometimes,when I think about this state and its inhabitants,I go just dey laugh.Its truly a comedy galore

yeah! I admit that, its long. But i don't want to post half and refer people to a link. And its not my original work hence i don't want to summarise it as if its my work.
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:15am On Aug 10, 2014
He spoke the Truth.

and here I am, arguing with an Igbo called bigfrancis21 who is trying to prove with all her might that Igbos are indeed descended from jews.

I a Hausaman can just leave and walk away. Why should I care about other peoples business? but I DO care. and Africans must help me instead of always looking at me like I am an enemy or a satanic agent.

This Continent is filled with cursed people. I am relying on the rare select few to steer us forward.

macof read this.

2 Likes

Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by bigfrancis21: 2:17am On Aug 10, 2014
PAGAN9JA: He spoke the Truth.

and here I am, arguing with an Igbo called bigfrancis21 who is trying to prove with all her might that Igbos are indeed descended from related to the jews.

I a Hausaman can just leave and walk away. Why should I care about other peoples business? but I DO care. and Africans must help me instead of always looking at me like I am an enemy or a satanic agent.

This Continent is filled with cursed people. I am relying on the rare select few to steer us forward.

macof read this.

@first bold...Aunty, I am a male, ma. wink

@second bold...corrected. I think my intentions are better succinctly put that way. wink
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:23am On Aug 10, 2014
bigfrancis21:

@first bold...Aunty, I am a male, ma. wink

@second bold...corrected. I think my intentions are better succinctly put that way. wink

Your intentions are bullshyt and a waste of time.

I will get back to you on that thread tomorrow. I am off to sleep now.
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by bigfrancis21: 2:28am On Aug 10, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Your intentions are bullshyt and a waste of time.

I will get back to you on that thread tomorrow. I am off to sleep now.

I am entitled to my beliefs, am I not? And you are entitled to yours, in the spirit of pan-africanism right? Do you have to force yours on someone else?

The ethiopian Jews and the Lemba who are black africans were discovered to be related to the Jews...I don't see you boiling up to 100 degrees celsius over that discovery in the same spirit of pan-africanism...but whenever the Igbo-Hebraic relations are mentioned, you charge up like a programmed human locomotive suddenly stung on his buttock by a ravaging bee. grin

3 Likes

Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by macof(m): 10:45am On Aug 10, 2014
bigfrancis21:

I am entitled to my beliefs, am I not? And you are entitled to yours, in the spirit of pan-africanism right? Do you have to force yours on someone else?

The ethiopian Jews and the Lemba who are black africans were discovered to be related to the Jews...I don't see you boiling up to 100 degrees celsius over that discovery in the same spirit of pan-africanism...but whenever the Igbo-Hebraic relations are mentioned, you charge up like a programmed human locomotive suddenly stung on his buttock by a ravaging bee. grin

The Ethiopian Jews are little clans and families that can trace their origins to a mixed of Hebrew mothers and Kushitic fathers.
Dna testing has also proven their claims
Same tests on Lemba people show they either descended from Jews/Arabs or have a common origin, Bantu tribes around them have known and always considered them "outsiders". Their culture and religious practices are identical to Middle easterns.
The name "lemba" means foreigner...
So I don't see anything particularly crazy about their claims

But Igbo, where does the Igbo culture confluence with Jewish culture to suggest genetic bonds? Language is totally different, culture, traditions even worship
Igbo identity is rooted in this Niger area
It's simply because of the high rate of Bible lovers coupled with the gross lack of knowledge in history

2 Likes

Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:17am On Aug 10, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Your beliefs are not pan-African. you are just trying to show relation to jews.
Im not forcing anyone . Its impossible as this is the internet. However, when I know that the other person is spreading lies and misguiding others, I must speak up and against that individual.

It depends on what Ethiopian tribe exactly. Most Ethiopians have Pagan ancestors. There is even a branch of Cushtic Traditional religion surviving among them.

And you are neither Ethiopian nor Lemba. Your claims have no basis and are of recent origin. Igbos have no Hebraic connection.

As for the Lemba, I have some reservations. I have a feeliing that it was an attempt by American missionaries to forge these claims. Because most of their customs are in line with neighbouring African groups.

And I am yet to see a detailed genetic study on them. Either ways, Igbos have nothing to do with Lembas.
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by bigfrancis21: 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
It is very surprising why Igbo-hebraic relationship talks arouse wanton sentiments and sudden concern, masked under the spirit of so-called pan africanism, among non-Igbos, when it is clearly an Igbo-related matter supposedly left to the Igbo to decide for themselves.

Some members from the south-west area on this forum have severally linked their origins to Israel, Mecca, Arabia, Egypt and whatnot and I have observed not one non-southwest member flocking in to drop anti-supports. But when Igbo-Hebraic relations are mentioned, 'supposed' pan-africanists swoop in uninvited to render needless hullabaloos and extraneous renditions.

1 Like

Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
bigfrancis21: It is very surprising why Igbo-hebraic relationship talks arouse wanton sentiments and sudden concern, masked under the spirit of so-called pan africanism, among non-Igbos, when it is clearly an Igbo-related matter supposedly left to the Igbo to decide for themselves.

Some members from the south-west area on this forum have severally linked their origins to Israel, Mecca, Arabia, Egypt and whatnot and I have observed not one non-southwest member flocking in to drop anti-supports. But when Igbo-Hebraic relations are mentioned, 'supposed' pan-africanists swoop in uninvited to render needless hullabaloos and extraneous renditions.

This is what I tried to articulate in that other thread. I don't believe that Igbos are really Jews. I am actually Igbo myself, but you don't see me stressing over others who believe in this kinship.

What is the agenda with those who try to lord over our history so much?
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
For those wondering about the difference in tribal perceptions and how they affect people's reaction to claims by certain tribal groups, refer to the below threads:

https://www.nairaland.com/1362494/yoruba-origin-history-canaanland-connection
How peaceful and free-flowing the above thread is grin. 16 pages of pure elucidation lol.

https://www.nairaland.com/822725/true-identity-yoruba-people/1
Only Pagan9JA protested in this one...but even he didn't expend as much energy (writing epistles) to convince others of their non-jewishness.

https://www.nairaland.com/706150/yoruba-canaanite-narrated-muhammad-bello
Waaaow! Look at the above link...not one word to protest the discussion or accusations of "identity issues."

https://www.nairaland.com/1331624/yoruba-origin-revisited
Another one? shocked I see Pagan9JA with his one-line rebuttals. But other than that, peaceful and undisturbed.

https://www.nairaland.com/1092081/might-want-know-yorubas-part
See this one o! Even many of the so-called intellectuals are divvying up the pieces for critical analysis. Pagan9JA at the helm again. grin But I didn't see as much disdain and reproach as you would see in an Igbo-Jew thread.

2 Likes

Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by anonymous6(f): 11:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
Caracta: My heart is on fire! However, it's not like we don't have people willing to make differences, but our leaders, our culture, our religion, our state of mind, have oppressed our ideas and cut off our expectations.
Our problem is beyond laziness. We have brilliant engineers, scientists, researchers in almost every city...but they don't have tools and resources to work with. No adequate training or facility. No opportunity to explore. No reasonable attitude to education. No place to learn. No teacher to guide us.
I'm not making up excuses but if many of us had the opportunity needed, we wouldn't be at this level. Our problem is really deep. Even when you want to stand out, you have people around you shouting you down.
Indeed, Africa is in total darkness! Where do we start from? Our leaders have failed us. We have failed ourselves too.

You said it all, I think African governments have failed us and we failed ourselves as well. Many african countries don't care about the big picture but what they can gain for themselves. In Nigeria, the country makes billions of dollars through oil but most of that money is not around to build better roads, better hospitals, better opportunities and jobs for recent graduates, simple electricity that stays on 24/7, a decent police force to protect it's own citizens and etc but it gets in the hands of greedy leaders that use it to buy houses, have big parties and show off, and that cycle keeps repeating themselves. It has repeated itself so much many Nigerians don't believe at all the government is for them any more, so everybody is out for themselves.
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by anonymous6(f): 12:01am On Aug 11, 2014
@OP
Your thread's story was a WOW and as much as it's a bitter reality that white dude said it doesn't surprise me because I was born and raised in America and have heard the most ignorant stuff from Americans of all race's even african americans about Africa, that it's not a shocker, just a cherry on the cake. One thing I would disagree with what the guy said though is the "lazy" part, I don't know about Zambia but with Nigeria, it's not laziness its the "I Don't Care Attitude" that's affecting Nigeria, it's from every class in Nigeria from a Market woman to a multi-millionaire Nigerian who sells goods, it happens in the government and legal system and etc. I don't think this happened over night, it was a process that happened in Nigeria, after our good leaders were killed off they were replaced with idiots or ones that didn't give a damn. I think in Africa in general, I think most people lost hope, and when you lose hope you don't care about anything. Thats why I respect Gov. Fashola of Nigeria, President Sirleaf of Liberia, Former president Jerry Rawlings of Ghana, Former President & and Legend Nelson Mandela and etc so much cause they represents african leaders that are most needed in Africa; they got things done. To me though I feel African women are the ones that will change Africa for the most part.
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by macof(m): 4:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
bigfrancis21: It is very surprising why Igbo-hebraic relationship talks arouse wanton sentiments and sudden concern, masked under the spirit of so-called pan africanism, among non-Igbos, when it is clearly an Igbo-related matter supposedly left to the Igbo to decide for themselves.

chulla12:

This is what I tried to articulate in that other thread. I don't believe that Igbos are really Jews. I am actually Igbo myself, but you don't see me stressing over others who believe in this kinship.

What is the agenda with those who try to lord over our history so much?

chulla12: For those wondering about the difference in tribal perceptions and how they affect people's reaction to claims by certain tribal groups, refer to the below threads:

https://www.nairaland.com/1362494/yoruba-origin-history-canaanland-connection
How peaceful and free-flowing the above thread is grin. 16 pages of pure elucidation lol.

https://www.nairaland.com/822725/true-identity-yoruba-people/1
Only Pagan9JA protested in this one...but even he didn't expend as much energy (writing epistles) to convince others of their non-jewishness.

https://www.nairaland.com/706150/yoruba-canaanite-narrated-muhammad-bello
Waaaow! Look at the above link...not one word to protest the discussion or accusations of "identity issues."

https://www.nairaland.com/1331624/yoruba-origin-revisited
Another one? shocked I see Pagan9JA with his one-line rebuttals. But other than that, peaceful and undisturbed.

https://www.nairaland.com/1092081/might-want-know-yorubas-part
See this one o! Even many of the so-called intellectuals are divvying up the pieces for critical analysis. Pagan9JA at the helm again. grin But I didn't see as much disdain and reproach as you would see in an Igbo-Jew thread.

This is because of the total lack of knowledge and worship for middle Eastern figures.
I have severally attacked many who try to tarnish the image of Africa more than it already is by linking us to despicable middle eastern people who's culture aren't half as old as ours.
Akan have been called Jews
Ewe have been called Jews
Yoruba have been called Jews
Ibo have been called Jews
Efik and their kin have been called Jews
but none are Jews.
As it stands, most Igbo are Bible lovers, who hold Jews in high esteem.
It's no surprise that such people who have no sense of their own history would cling on people they practically worship

No single evidence, all baseless hypothesis that sound ridiculous to the intelligent mind.
Like how a Bible character from around 3000BC is Eri who didn't enter Anambra until 1000AD

Today if u confuse the gullible it would be my people next on the agenda.

2 Likes

Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by bigfrancis21: 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
macof:

This is because of the total lack of knowledge and worship for middle Eastern figures.
I have severally attacked many who try to tarnish the image of Africa more than it already is by linking us to despicable middle eastern people who's culture aren't half as old as ours.
Akan have been called Jews
Ewe have been called Jews
Yoruba have been called Jews
Ibo have been called Jews
Efik and their kin have been called Jews
but none are Jews.
As it stands, most Igbo are Bible lovers, who hold Jews in high esteem.
It's no surprise that such people who have no sense of their own history would cling on people they practically worship

No single evidence, all baseless hypothesis that sound ridiculous to the intelligent mind.
Like how a Bible character from around 3000BC is Eri who didn't enter Anambra until 1000AD

Today if u confuse the gullible it would be my people next on the agenda.

macof: Mad people everywhere undecided
Pls go to ur village and ask ur fathers for your history and stop this silly Jew worshipping

https://www.nairaland.com/822725/true-identity-yoruba-people/1#25398001

Ehen, that's the only single thing you had to say on a Yoruba-Hebraic thread opened by your brothers? But have rendered 1001 renditions on Igbo-Hebraic threads?
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by macof(m): 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
bigfrancis21:

https://www.nairaland.com/822725/true-identity-yoruba-people/1#25398001

Ehen, that's the only single thing you had to say on a Yoruba-Hebraic thread opened by your brothers? But have rendered 1001 renditions on Igbo-Hebraic threads?

What else can I say to mad men who are only displaying their madness?
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by Stillfire: 12:47am On Aug 16, 2014
We all know this. Every right thinking person knows this.
However what mostly comprised of the Elites in Western society were intellectuals themselves. Such is NOT the same in Africa.
And the POOR is the driving tool used to maintain the confusion and intellectual deficit in the political arena and leadership in traditional/religious/secular institutions.
Nigeria got the way it is today because it slowly killed off the middle class who are more likely to hold the government accountable for its actions. You are more likely to find the thinkers, the intellectuals here...people who think about the future. The middle class left Nigeria for other rewarding life prospects in the 80's, 90's even till today because of the debilitating system you were unfortunate to be born in.

On the other hand, the poor who have the greatest population in many African countries rather seeks for his daily bread. So these intellectual deficit leaders are recycled based on the poor's reverence (who are in greater numbers) of who is more likely to fulfill a momentary need like which political party will share a bag of rice or which leader is from my tribe or religion. So I blame the poor as well, they are not excluded in this mess.
Africa's elites are NOT controlled by intellectuals. For example despite the bastion of educated Nigerians spread around the world, President Jonathan chose a Doyin Okupe as a Senior assistant on public affairs. You can see the mental pedigree of the man during the hardtalk on BBC.
My question is how can intellectuals gain control of the leadership in Africa, when the leaders today have an army of poor followers that have sold their birthright for momentary pleasure?

[img]http://4.bp..com/_u3lFqBksmrE/TKTvMVEq6XI/AAAAAAAAh7U/CtekgxcCBus/s1600/Crowed-at-the-venue.jpg[/img]
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by jeyselassie(m): 5:58pm On May 29, 2016
PAGAN9JA:
He spoke the Truth.

and here I am, arguing with an Igbo called bigfrancis21 who is trying to prove with all her might that Igbos are indeed descended from jews.

macof read this.
why rely when u were born to lead?
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by Masterclass32: 7:08pm On May 29, 2016
Very brutal article but largely true.
Blacks the world over need to wake up.
Re: You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 31, 2016
Nonsense

Self righteous thieves. That is the West

(1) (Reply)

Northern Nigerian Culture: More Middle Eastern Than Nigerian? / Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time / Omu Aran Previous King Dressing Like Benin Ppl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.