Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election (719 Views)

PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola / Osun PDP Senatorial Candidate, Others, Donate foodstuffs To Civil Servants / PDP Hails INEC Over Elections Postponement, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm (2) (3) (4)

Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
10 Aug 2014

By Chuks Okocha

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described the Osun state governorship election as “a clear testimony to President Goodluck Jonathan’s unparalleled commitment to peaceful elections in Nigeria.”

The party commended the people of Osun state for conducting themselves peacefully during the last Saturday governorship election in the state.

PDP National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh in a statement Sunday hailed the President for “creating the enabling environment for Osun people to freely and peacefully exercise their franchise without rancor or blood-letting”.

The PDP also commended the security forces for their display of professionalism in keeping the peace throughout the exercise despite provocations by desperate politicians.

It however called on the opposition to learn from the election and desist from actions and utterances that overheat the system and create room for violence.

“The lesson from this election is that the opposition party should stop crying wolf where there is none. They must desist from actions and statements that cause confusion and create unnecessary tension, capable of igniting violence and blood-letting in elections”, the party said.

Calling on its members and supporters to remain calm, the PDP also commended the people of Osun for adhering to rules and conducting themselves in an orderly manner during the election.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/osun-pdp-hails-jonathan-for-ensuring-peaceful-governorship-election/185936/

Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by omenka(m): 1:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
Blablabla...

Next!!!

#EatingRoastedMaizeAndGuguruSteady

Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by Omen100(m): 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
I hope they are responsible enough to accept defeat. grin grin

Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
op when are going to condemn the arrest of the APC national Publicity Secretary, i believe you stand for what is right, this is the second time opposition leader have been intimidated on election date and the authorities are quiet about it. From the way things are going were almost no different from what is obtainable in Iran,Russia and North Korea.

Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
Obiagelli: op when are going to condemn the arrest of the APC national Publicity Secretary, i believe you stand for what is right, this is the second time opposition leader have been intimidated on election date and the authorities are quiet about it. From the way things are going were almost no different from what is obtainable in Iran,Russia and North Korea.
There are two sides to every coin and story. You'v only heard from Lai Muhammed but not from the security agencies. We need to hear the account from both sides before reaching conclusions.

Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
There are two sides to every coin and story. You'v only heard from Lai Muhammed but not from the security agencies. We need to hear the account from both sides before reaching conclusions.

we heard nothing from them after ekiti election when the same thing happened, this is a disturbing trend that should be condemned by all, i expect the president to be the gently man he claims and not allow thugs/sycophants spoil the little goodwill left of him.

I am also disappointed in the APC that they are carried away with victory, they should be challenging this too, except they also believe its fair game and will do same if they get to the centre. DISAPPOINTED.

Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by Brimmie(m): 1:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Bla- Bla- Bla-!! C ry me an Osun River! cheesy

Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
My friend sincere9gerian is a great man cheesy

You care for corn?

Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by kkkp: 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
Eeeeeyyyyaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by koboko69: 1:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
When you get beaten to your own game, u have no choice but to start looking for soft landing and pretending not to be hurt while licking your own fresh wounds.

Hooded security agents arrested APC chieftains and other APC sympathizers while PDP chiefs were left roaming around trying to perfect an already butchered electoral rigging. Ekiti was a lesson for APC, even though that election will still be declared void and null or the true mandate returned to the rightful elected governor.

All PDP e-militia and legions of e-soldiers, should bury thier e-face in e-shame and stop this self consolations after being swept thoroughly clean by the unstoppable force of the broom of CHANGE

Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by aljharem(m): 2:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
Congratulations APC. I congratulate Aregberascal grin

This is how elections should be conducted after all they are to serve the people

Thank you God

Gej nice one
Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by seankafor(m): 2:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
honour is given to who it is due.gej till jesus comes to rul naija
Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
Who cares?
Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by aljharem(m): 2:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: Who cares?
why not give credit to whom it is due.

APC tinubu is not as tolerant as GEJ
Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
aljharem: why not give credit to whom it is due.

I rather congratulate the Omulabis for their resolute in defending their votes and making sure it was counted! Therefore I stand by acceptance speech of Ogbeni Aregbesola!

APC-Change!

Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
Obiagelli:

we heard nothing from them after ekiti election when the same thing happened, this is a disturbing trend that should be condemned by all, i expect the president to be the gently man he claims and not allow thugs/sycophants spoil the little goodwill left of him.

I also disappointed in the APC that they are carried away with victory, they should be challenging this too, except they also believe its fair game and will do same if they get to the centre. DISAPPOINTED.

Did you read the acceptance speech by Aregbesola?
Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by koboko69: 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
aljharem: why not give credit to whom it is due.

Stale + Dumb
Re: Osun: PDP Hails Jonathan For Ensuring Peaceful Governorship Election by VICTORCIZA(m): 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
Gej and pdp keep proving that they are more matured than apc.
that's the spirit off sportsmanship!!!

Hilarious Skit: Julius Agwu In Wash-wash Scandal / Special Broadcast By Gov Amaechi On Ebola Outbreak In Rivers State / Boko Haram Takes Over Bama -sahara Reporters