Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid (3445 Views)

Agbeko Ocloo Letter To Spanish Embassy In Ghana After He Was Refused A Visa / Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. / A Protest Note To Spanish Authorities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
nora544:

What is with the health workers in liberia and siera leone who died on ebola.

The only country who can handl at the moment Ebola is Uganda and this is a country which is poorer than Nigeria.

[b]The outbreaks in these countries are bad currently, but for the future, we can look at Uganda as a model.

The first outbreak in that country, beginning in 2000, resulted in 425 cases and 224 deaths.

The second outbreak in 2008 resulted in 149 cases and 37 deaths.
In 2011, they had a single case with no secondary spread.
In 2012, 11 cases and 4 deaths. 2012, 6 cases and 3 deaths.

It’s probably impossible to stop Ebola from spilling over into the human population, but Uganda has done a great job responding. They are able to do early detection of suspected cases in their biosafety level 4 lab in Gulu.

They alert local authorities if something is suspected, then send a task force to assist with containment. They communicate effectively with the public about what they can do, and how effective treatment in hospitals can lower the mortality rate.

They work with community leaders when a quarantine needs to be put in place.

These things can all be employed in West Africa as well, but it takes time and a lot of commitment to get such networks up and running. We need this cooperation as much as we need PPE and even more than we need “secret serums,” because it is only with prevention of new cases that this epidemic will finally die out.[/b]
Till the Americans were tested, there was no possible cure. That was why the only way was to control the spread by testing and quarantine.

With medical break throughs taken place, the mode of prevention has to change. Supporting the experimental drugs especially TKM-Ebola of Tekmira is the best bet to annihilate it.
Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
America never for once like Africa na we they always carry our mouth follow them like sheep, if only our leaders will get the message and develop local capacity rather than running after oyinbo man for everything

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by nora544: 11:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Till the Americans were tested, there was no possible cure. That was why the only way was to control the spread by testing and quarantine.

With medical break throughs taken place, the mode of prevention has to change. Supporting the experimental drugs especially TKM-Ebola of Tekmira is the best bet to annihilate it.

this is the drug where America give the company in canada the money that is the second drug. That is not the drug the two americans get.

glaxom smith has also something and they will start next month.
Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by cuteboy2: 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
asadike: i believe by d grace of God and by d power of jesus christ dat nigerians are already immuned. Remeba dat d salt water rumour broke out and abt 90 per cent of nigerians administerd it. If tb joshua believe dat he can cure ebola wit anointin water,y nt beliv dat God has turnd d salt water 2 vacines 4 us.

@asadike. Please Stop.
God can indeed cure any disease. But HE did not turn any of the salt water currently being peddled by charlatans into Ebola vaccines. Haba!!!!

Please don't misinform the public.
Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
nora544:

this is the drug where America give the company in canada the money that is the second drug. That is not the drug the two americans get.

glaxom smith has also something and they will start next month.
Can you show me in my post where I called TKM-Ebola As ZMapp?

I said, hence the Americans do not want to release their experimental drugs to Africans, our government should move for the once in possession of Tekmira (TKM-Ebola) and Fujifilm.

Our government should fund them, especially Tekmira which are ready to start testing to get their drug here quickly.
Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by cuteboy2: 11:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
emmanuel4758: The drug called ZMapp arrived at
Madrid’s La Paz-Carlos III hospital
where the 75-year-old missionary
was being treated in isolation, the
health ministry said in a statement
late on Saturday.
Spain’s drug safety agency allowed
the “exceptional importation” of
ZMapp under a law that allows “the
use of non-authorised medications
in cases where a patent’s life is in
danger and they can’t be treated
satisfactorily with an authorised
medication,” it said.
The Roman Catholic priest, Miguel
Pajares, was one of three people
who tested positive for Ebola at the
Saint Joseph Hospital in the
Liberian capital Monrovia where he
worked.
He was brought back to Spain on
Thursday on a medically equipped
Spanish airforce plane

Two Americans infected with Ebola
while treating patients in Liberia
have shown signs of improvement
since being given Zmapp back in the
United States but health authorities
say it is too early to tell if the drug
had anything to do with that.
ZMapp, a treatment made by
private US company Mapp
Pharmaceuticals, is still in an
extremely early phase of
development and had only been
tested previously on monkeys.
The use of the medication has
sparked an ethical controversy as
experts call for it to be made
available to African nations
this actually show USA is enemy to west African

Outrageous!!!

Please post link to your source.
Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by nora544: 11:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Can you show me in my post where I called TKM-Ebola As ZMapp?

I said, hence the Americans do not want to release their experimental drugs to Africans, our government should move for the once in possession of Tekmira (TKM-Ebola) and Fujifilm.

both drugs where produce in america.

I always speak about ZMapp
Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
nora544:

both drugs where produce in america.

I always speak about ZMapp
Tekmira is a Canadian based company.

So I do not get your point. The Americans refused releasing ZMapp. The FDA has given Tekmira to go ahead and start clinical trials.

Our government should help fast track the test by supporting them financially.

Do you agree?

If they refuse, we should contact Fujifilm for their own.
Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by nora544: 11:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Tekmira is a Canadian based company.

So I do not get your point. The Americans refused releasing ZMapp. The FDA has given Tekmira to go ahead and start clinical trials.

Our government should help fast track the test by supporting them financially.

Do you agree?

If they refuse, we should contact Fujifilm for their own.

I feel that Obama got the information that Adeboye told his pastors that every follower who fast for 100 days must have no fear because ebola will not catch them so why they need the drug.

The catholic church will never say this bull.sh.it
Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by Bolt3(m): 12:39am On Aug 11, 2014
Vado: A wake up call for African leaders. I think if eventually, Africa survives this plague, the health sector would be invested in heavily by right-thinking countries of course.

Back to the topic, I don't think Zmapp has been mass produced yet so tell me, which patients among the 1000+ do y'all think the US should administer an unapproved vaccine to? It makes no sense castigating them for now. The infected spanish doc was a volunteer offering selfless services to some africans (something even most negros wouldn't do). Appreciate and stop hating for no damn reason pps. Rather, implore our leaders to sopen their eyes and step up to the plate.
How about the missionary Congolese nun.

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 11, 2014
candy:
Please, don't underestimate the power of prayers. Prayer actually works and it changeth things!

Yes, we can't rely solely on prayer because even the bible commands us to work and pray.
SO I GUESS THE PEOPLE IN SIERRA LEONE&LIBERIA CAN'T PRAY WELL
PRAYERS DON'T CURE EBOLA/IF IT DID MANY PEOPLE WILL NOT BE DYING FROM IT tongue
Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by Ezyp(m): 1:35am On Aug 11, 2014
nora544:

I feel that Obama got the information that Adeboye told his pastors that every follower who fast for 100 days must have no fear because ebola will not catch them so why they need the drug.

The catholic church will never say this bull.sh.it
we use leave these guys alone
Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by emmanuel4758(m): 5:33am On Aug 11, 2014
I have posted the source at beginning page
Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by emmanuel4758(m): 5:35am On Aug 11, 2014
cuteboy2:

Outrageous!!!

Please post link to your source.
I have posted the link check beginning page
Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by Vado(m): 8:57am On Aug 11, 2014
Bolt3:
How about the missionary Congolese nun.

I didn't mean to sound condescending bro. Everybody is important which was why I used "most". I was merely charging our dormant leaders to quit the slumber, and highlighting the extra mile some people would go leaving the fancy life of comforts behind, crossing so many oceans, just to care for the ebola rejects.

I hope WHO and other actors speed things up for a combative serum on a mass scale but let's be real, right now we don't know if it indeed works and it just can't serve everybody.
Re: Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 11, 2014
dhammyg:
SO I GUESS THE PEOPLE IN SIERRA LEONE&LIBERIA CAN'T PRAY WELL
PRAYERS DON'T CURE EBOLA/IF IT DID MANY PEOPLE WILL NOT BE DYING FROM IT tongue
I guess you didn't read the second part of my post. I believe in hardwork and I truly believe in the fact that we need to tow the science line to get over this. However, I and my family will never underestimate the power of prayers even in science.
Haven't you heard of patients who still died even after being treated for malaria? Or don't you know that chemo doesn't work for all it's used on? Even the bible says "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy".

The difference between you and I is our faith. I have faith that sooner than we can imagine, God will use people(from where, I don't know) to find a vaccine and real cure for this virus.

You really don't need to pray bro, some of us will, because we believe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Buhari's Administration Has Just Made 2 Major Moves / Biafra: Adelaide2 In Front Of The White House - Photos / The Part You Probably Don't Know About Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.