Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun (1276 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Retreat From Boko Haram Stronghold, Sambisa Forest / Buhari Polls 1.3m Votes In Katsina - Leadership / GRAPHIC PICS: Unknown Gunmen Kill INEC Officials in APC Stronghold (Gombe State) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
This write up of mine is not to take anything away from Gov Aregbesola's victory but to point out something a lot of people seem not to be noticing.......that the very much villified and supposedly unpopular Omisore actually had 42% of total votes cast in an election against a very popular incumbent in a state that is the strongest base of the APC in the southwest, note also that all former governors in the state were united against him and all elected officials in the state are from the APC. I confidently state that if anybody else but Aregbesola was on the ballot, The supposed 'murderer' would have easily won, the APC Should be worried and not celebrating, coming so soon after their incumbent being trounced in Ekiti, they had to fight tooth and nail to retain their strongest base Osun, a state even GEJ could not win in 2011. I boldly state that not only would GEJ comfortably achieve the 25% threshold in 2015 but he has a shot at winning Osun depending on how strong the APC Candidate is, if the supposedly unpopular Omisore could hold his own in Osun , how much more GEJ against a Buhari or Ribadu

6 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by LordVarys: 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
Exactly the point I was making yesterday, this is a state in which the APC should have no problems winning but they still struggled to win despite the PDP candidate having credibility issues...................if I was in the APC strategy team, I'd be scared especially looking at 2015, if you struggled this hard in your strongest base where every single elected politician in the state is APC and even gej lost here in 2011... Then how will you fare in PDP's strongholds

7 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
SenseiX: This write up of mine is not to take anything away from Gov Aregbesola's victory but to point out something a lot of people seem not to be noticing.......that the very much villified and supposedly unpopular Omisore actually had 42% of total votes cast in an election against a very popular incumbent in a state that is the strongest base of the APC in the southwest, note also that all former governors in the state were united against him and all elected officials in the state are from the APC. I confidently state that if anybody else but Aregbesola was on the ballot, The supposed 'murderer' would have easily won, the APC Should be worried and not celebrating, coming so soon after their incumbent being trounced in Ekiti, they had to fight tooth and nail to retain their strongest base Osun, a state even GEJ could not win in 2011. I boldly state that not only would GEJ comfortably achieve the 25% threshold in 2015 but he has a shot at winning Osun depending on how strong the APC Candidate is, if the supposedly unpopular Omisore could hold his own in Osun , how much more GEJ against a Buhari or Ribadu

What's the Prize of being the second best?
Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by sainty2k3(m): 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
SenseiX: This write up of mine is not to take anything away from Gov Aregbesola's victory but to point out something a lot of people seem not to be noticing.......that the very much villified and supposedly unpopular Omisore actually had 42% of total votes cast in an election against a very popular incumbent in a state that is the strongest base of the APC in the southwest, note also that all former governors in the state were united against him and all elected officials in the state are from the APC. I confidently state that if anybody else but Aregbesola was on the ballot, The supposed 'murderer' would have easily won, the APC Should be worried and not celebrating, coming so soon after their incumbent being trounced in Ekiti, they had to fight tooth and nail to retain their strongest base Osun, a state even GEJ could not win in 2011. I boldly state that not only would GEJ comfortably achieve the 25% threshold in 2015 but he has a shot at winning Osun depending on how strong the APC Candidate is, if the supposedly unpopular Omisore could hold his own in Osun , how much more GEJ against a Buhari or Ribadu

People needed change but wants a better change, if PDP had feud a better candidate they would have won easily. But come 2015, votes will go against GEJ in most sw state except for rigging that might happen in his favour in ekiti

1 Like

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
With over 100 000 margin, where did you get the stat from ?
Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
I was surprised too, I had predicted an easy Aregbesola victory in a thread weeks back and most observers and analysts predicted a landslide victory, but his victory is not that strong .........I'm afraid the APC's strength in the southwest is overstated, Ekiti was lost, Ondo is lost, Osun was retained narrowly against a discredited PDP candidate and in Oyo two senators have decamped to the pdp with a possible Ladoja Akala alliance...in Lagos there's Agbaje...

4 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
Bluetooth2:

With over 100 000 margin, where did you get the stat from ?
383000 to 292000 plus other votes , grab a calculator or check newsites
Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
PDP thugs trying to console themselves with fake statistics.

100k votes no be beans.

4 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
bayooooooo:

What's the Prize of being the second best?
In politics sometimes there's a bigger picture, I doubt anyone realistically thought Omisore was going to win but no one thought he would poll that well

5 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
Consolation threads for the losers grin

And this mumu forgot that the contestants are sons of the soil! Osun voted for Personalities not Parties! In the presidential election it would be a pay back time for all the insults, name callings, abuse and other unprintable names being thrown at Yorubas by jonathan kinsmen and south easterners! Do you think they are not wise?

Your useless statistics won't work by that time! Go and elect jonathan as your president of Biafran and leave the Yorubas out of your warped logic!

6 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
TheImp:
In politics sometimes there's a bigger picture, I doubt anyone realistically thought Omisore was going to win but no one thought he would poll that well

And the bulk of that 42% came from where? Ife North, Ife South, Ife East, Ife Central. You think the bulk will still go to PDP when Omisore is not contesting for anything?

4 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
teeo: PDP thugs trying to console themselves with fake statistics.

100k votes no be beans.
LOL, Fayemi lost to Fayose with over a 100k margin too, and if you had any mathematical aptitude or you checked newsites you would know the stats are very accurate......heck I even supported Aregbesola and you can check my thread history for a topic I posted weeks back, I'm just surprised by Omisore performance, heck can APC get even 10% in delta or Bayelsa or even plateau.......even adamawa guber coming up the APC is nowhere there

4 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
TheImp:
LOL, Fayemi lost to Fayose with over a 100k margin too, and if you had any mathematical aptitude or you checked newsites you would know the stats are very accurate......heck I even supported Aregbesola and you can check my thread history for a topic I posted weeks back, I'm just surprised by Omisore performance, heck can APC get even 10% in delta or Bayelsa or even plateau.......even adamawa guber coming up the APC is nowhere there

Dey console yourself! How many percentage did Ngige get in Anambra?

2 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: Consolation threads for the losers grin

And this mumu forgot that the contestants are sons of the soil! Osun voted for Personalities not Parties! In the presidential election it would be a pay back time for all the insults, name callings, abuse and other unprintable names being thrown at Yorubas by jonathan kinsmen and south easterners! Do you think they are not wise?
Oh common, you idiot , in 2011 were they not sons of the soil when Omisore and co lost their polling units and the APC won all positions in the state but yesterday both your party's ex national chair bisi akande and oyinlola lost their wards, you guys never ser the big picture, this is Osun an APC stronghold, come to adamawa in 2 months and see if APC would have 25% , the pdp comfortably won in Ekiti an APC base and fought hard in Osun, if you had even any remote sense of strategic thinking you would know this is a bad omen....

3 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Dey console yourself! How many percentage did Ngige get in Anambra?
Ngige is obviously the single most popular politician in the state and he still ended up 3rd behind Nwoye and Obiano, Omisore instead was a supposed murder according to you guys who could not win his ward, one of you even said Aregbesola will win with a 500k margin yet he struggled to win yesterday

3 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by JEITO: 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
Isn't it fascinating, that APC pulled almost the exact amount of votes, that its national chairman, claimed PDP were going to rig the election by

1 Like

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
TheImp:
[s]Oh common, you idiot , in 2011 were they not sons of the soil when Omisore and co lost their polling units and the APC won all positions in the state but yesterday both your party's ex national chair bisi akande and oyinlola lost their wards, you guys never ser the big picture, this is Osun an APC stronghold, come to adamawa in 2 months and see if APC would have 25% , the pdp comfortably won in Ekiti an APC base and fought hard in Osun, if you had even any remote sense of strategic thinking you would know this is a bad omen....[/s]

That's why I don't have any apology calling you a mumu! Obasanjo lost his ward twice still won the presidential election! Moreover, PDP campaign director, Chairman and Minister all lost in their Wards! The fact is that you people are becoming conciliatory and sober after your boastful failed impeachment of Almakura, and futile attempt of foisting Omisore on the good people of osun!

Deal with it jonathan is unelectable in 2015!

6 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
TheImp:
Ngige is obviously the single most popular politician in the state and he still ended up 3rd behind Nwoye and Obiano, Omisore instead was a supposed murder according to you guys who could not win his ward, one of you even said Aregbesola will win with a 500k margin yet he struggled to win yesterday

Answer my question and stop beating round? I asked you by how many %?
Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

That's why I don't have any apology calling you a mumu! Obasanjo lost his ward twice still won the presidential election! Moreover, PDP campaign director, Chairman and Minister all lost in their Wards! The fact is that you people are becoming conciliatory and sober after your boastful failed impeachment of Almakura, and futile attempt of foisting Omisore on the good people of osun!

Deal with it jonathan is unelectable in 2015!
you're rude , uncouth and incapable of a discussion without insults, totally not worth responding to

4 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by danot1030: 4:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
42% acquired by power might. Thought u people bragged how Omisore will dislodged Aregbe. U are shameless loser.

3 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by jmaine: 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
sainty2k3:

People needed change but wants a better change, if PDP had feud a better candidate they would have won easily. But come 2015, votes will go against GEJ in most sw state except for rigging that might happen in his favour in ekiti

Leave Ekiti out of your useless snide attacks . . .Fayemi was decimated convincingly without any iota of rigging . . . .

1 Like

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by mogentle(m): 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
If you like, analyse till tommorrow, We are still in the joyful mood while you mourn.
We'll get back on the drawing board later.

2 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by danot1030: 4:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
after reading through I conclude that this post is as useless as the poster.

3 Likes

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by sainty2k3(m): 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
jmaine:

Leave Ekiti out of your useless snide attacks . . .Fayemi was decimated convincingly without any iota of rigging . . . .

Wen will people learn the manner oif approach , can't u give ur opinion without been abusive.
I have never and am not disputing fayose's win as a man of the people but we all know that normally Gej won't win the same crowd fayose won

1 Like

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by jmaine: 4:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
sainty2k3:
Wen will people learn the manner oif approach , can't u give ur opinion without been abusive.
I have never and am not disputing fayose's win as a man of the people but we all know that normally Gej won't win the same crowd fayose won

As long as you keep insulting the rights and choice of the Ekiti people citing various vices as the cause, then you have no rights to complain. No apologies . . . .

GEJ will still garner quite substantial votes in Ekiti state if the opposition present Buhari or any unpalatable Northerner on the ballot paper . . . .
Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by titoetal(m): 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
TheImp:
you're rude , uncouth and incapable of a discussion without insults, totally not worth responding to

Be watchful and alert. Don't respond to fake identities that will only vomit evil, venom and hatred.
Just ignore them even if they quote you. Offer a simple prayer of divine assistance for them and save your strength.
Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by juman(m): 4:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
sainty2k3:

Ekiti election result was a major factor in the election. It influenced many people decision.

Many people voted for change.

1 Like

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by sainty2k3(m): 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
jmaine:

As long as you keep insulting the rights and choice of the Ekiti people citing various vices as the cause, then you have no rights to complain. No apologies . . . .

GEJ will still garner quite substantial votes in Ekiti state if the opposition present Buhari or any unpalatable Northerner on the ballot paper . . . .
Can u tell me how exactly I insulted the choice of ekiti people.
I only gave an opinion that Gej won't win in ekiti 2015 under free and fair election so tell me exactly how u see this as insult to the peookr of Ekiti. I think u need to lay aside ur sentiment, read and comprehend clearly before u comment

1 Like

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
The hidden point that is deducible from this write up is that PDP may win in this APC stronghold in future elections but definitely won't struggle to secure a crucial 25% (presidential election) in a worst case scenario.
Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by modupea: 5:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
It is 42% of the votes of APC & PDP. But not of total votes. Just point of correction mathematically.

1 Like

Re: Omisore Actually Had 42% Of Total Votes In APC stronghold Osun by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
Op cry me a river. Governor Aregbe till 2018.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Message To Seun Osewa / What If Nigerian Youths Started Their Own Party? / Military Reclaims Bama After Battle With B’ Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.