Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway (66840 Views)

Had A Ghastly Accident (pics) / Ghastly Motor Accident In Makurdi. (Graphic pics) / Ghastly Accident Claims 3 Lives Along Akure-Owo Road (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by mondi2: 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chai, see what our bad roads had caused, is better & saver for people to travel by train
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
mondi2: Chai, see what our bad roads had caused, is better & saver for people to travel by train

Mondicheeks?
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
undecided God have mercy, jesus christ, auzu billah, so so sad
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
it's so sad that the owner of this thread can value making the front page more than saving human.

as at the time this picture was taking road safety guys have not arrive and this accident happened right in my front because we were all coming from camp together but we were on different bus, infact 2 of the persons that did not die in this accident actually beg to board our own bus but it was already full.

my point is that the poster would have probably save some souls first before rushing to have a snap shot. the job was left to only a few of us while majority were busy snapping even when the road safety guys came they warned everyone against this.

the bus driver ran away without injury

the trailer driver ran away

God knows Best and He is the Best Judge

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Doubra17: 4:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
RoyalRoy: So sad. May their souls rest in peace.
. Amen
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Praise5: 8:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
May their souls rest in peace, God please continue to shield us.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by gbodimowo(m): 12:34am On Aug 12, 2014
Please who can narrate the read deal of how this a accident happened I just want to have a critical assessment thanks
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by hardeyincah(m): 6:20am On Aug 12, 2014
dis is touching, oh God! protect our dear Nation...
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by prettiest1(f): 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
smartchoice: oh my Goodness....what kind of hot death is this?

May all viewing never enter any doomed vehicle in Jesus name.
Including our family members, love ones and friends. Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by VolvoS60(m): 6:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
Themaingate: it's so sad that the owner of this thread can value making the front page more than saving human.

as at the time this picture was taking road safety guys have not arrive and this accident happened right in my front because we were all coming from camp together but we were on different bus, infact 2 of the persons that did not die in this accident actually beg to board our own bus but it was already full.

my point is that the poster would have probably save some souls first before rushing to have a snap shot. the job was left to only a few of us while majority were busy snapping even when the road safety guys came they warned everyone against this.

the bus driver ran away without injury

the trailer driver ran away

God knows Best and He is the Best Judge

^^^^
Can you give us the details of what happened and how the accident occurred? From what you posted it seems a trailer was involved?

I want to follow up on this matter so an eyewitness' account would be invaluable. Please give details - time of accident, location, sequence of events etc. This info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
VolvoS60:

^^^
Your post (and the language therein) shows you up for what you are...

I have addressed in detail other posters who had substantive comments. You sir, do not qualify.

Run along son and go empower yourself so you can stop blaming Government for your peril.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by kamo2930yahoo(f): 8:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
cold:
Well Adeboye said all those who completed the 100 day fasting will not contract the ebola virus.The corollary therefore, is that those who didn't may either contract it or meet some other horrible fate.Hence my question.Yeah god indeed..sigh
you batter ask forr forgiveness for misquoting the man of God. I am a RCCG member and i havent heard that from him this year.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
smartchoice:

Mondicheeks?
nope. Im here

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by sultaan(m): 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
VolvoS60:

^^^^
Can you give us the details of what happened and how the accident occurred? From what you posted it seems a trailer was involved?

I want to follow up on this matter so an eyewitness' account would be invaluable. Please give details - time of accident, location, sequence of events etc. This info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

From my perspective we as a people decided to put unsafe automobile on bad road drive carelessly and when a series of related bad situations get together there was a fatal accident on that location. This kind of accident happen way to frequent for us not to be able to reduce. It does not matter who was there because it could anyone next time we just have to change our culture this is way past behavior.

There is nothing wrong with documenting things are they are if you can because for those who van make changes they see thing as is not as told
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by VolvoS60(m): 9:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
sultaan:

From my perspective we as a people decided to put unsafe automobile on bad road drive carelessly and when a series of related bad situations get together there was a fatal accident on that location. This kind of accident happen way to frequent for us not to be able to reduce. It does not matter who was there because it could anyone next time we just have to change our culture this is way past behavior.

There is nothing wrong with documenting things are they are if you can because for those who van make changes they see thing as is not as told

^^^^
I actually want to pursue this matter further so an eyewitness account does matter. It will help me when I want to refer to the incident.

There is a point I have been trying to make from page 1 of this thread. Most roads are public goods. We all need government to make it possible for us to use public goods safely. It is good to educate people about good road etiquette. It is good to appeal to people's sense of responsibility concerning the safe use of our roads. But in the end, that will not be enough. It is the threat of punishment that will be far more effective in keeping dangerous drivers in check.

Everything goes back to the accountability of governments to their people. The solution to the problem is a chain of fear. Dangerous drivers should be afraid of the government. The government should be afraid of the electorate. The electorate should be afraid of needless, premature death on our roads. And the circle is now complete.

When roads are poorly designed, poorly constructed and poorly maintained, people WILL die.

When there are no consequences for driving under the influence (of shepe, kain-kain, shine your eye, burukutu angry etc), people WILL drink and drive and people WILL die.

When there are no consequences for unsafe, poorly maintained vehicles, people WILL die.

When there are no consequences for illegal acquisition of vehicle & driver's licenses, people WILL die.

And so on.

These points I have listed above are government responsibilities, full stop. Any government that cannot fix these things does not deserve to be called a government and should be severely punished by the voting public. The problem is this: does the voting public even KNOW that the government owes them a duty to fulfill the responsibilities I have listed above as well as throughout this thread? I leave you all to answer. Everything rests on this question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What Droppng Your Car At Some Carwash Can Cause You - Photos / This Machine Can Wash Dangote Trucks, BRT, Luxurious Buses, Trailers In 6mins / Bulletproof Land Cruiser On Fire On Lokoja Road (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.