Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (828581 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 5:34pm On Oct 20, 2014
jaylinaa:
Hello @redribs @kruxit @snappyfingaz @mantiger @eddy20,

I'm sorted now.

I first pasted the JPEG to MSword as advised and then I saved as PDF. Then I used a website cvisiontech.com and it compressed to about 3mb (from 30mb) and picture quality still very good.

Thanks guys.

*phew*

good to know..hurry up and submit asap
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Omonjoe(m): 6:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hello house pls I need ur advice especially from those currently in Canada.
I just got an opportunity to go to UK for masters with part scholarship and I am really kind of confuse because I jst finished a masters prog here in Nigeria and my main aim for foreign masters is to get a route to relocate out of Nigeria cos i am fed up with my govt job here in Naija. Please, I want to knw if UK will b a better choice compare to Canada in terms of SETTLING DOWN, SECURING PR and GETTING A GOOD JOB after my masters prog. I really don't want to come bck after masters and I don't want to leave my Fedral govt job here nd ve noting to do after masters dia.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
Omonjoe:
I just got an opportunity to go to UK for masters with part scholarship and I am really kind of confuse because I jst finished a masters prog here in Nigeria and my main aim for foreign masters is to get a route to relocate out of Nigeria cos i am fed up with my govt job here in Naija. Please, I want to knw if UK will b a better choice compare to Canada in terms of SETTLING DOWN, SECURING PR and GETTING A GOOD JOB after my masters prog. I really don't want to come bck after masters and I don't want to leave my Fedral govt job here nd ve noting to do after masters dia.
... Masters in what area...plus if you have relevant work experience... why not look into Federal SKilled Worker class... U may be able to secure your PR from Naija ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cancity234: 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2014
Congrat
ManTiger:
This may be the first good news of the house today.

I just say make I chk CIC

And the next thing is

Medical Passed!

Asaju no disappoint shaar.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vicarsenal(m): 6:43pm On Oct 20, 2014
stayboy1602:
yes oh I posted it oh, since, I did my medical on Thursday last week, waiting for dem too mail me that i passed my medical smiley guess it takes 5 days after medical, snd I wanted too book my ticket for 1st of november but I dont know how long it takes after submission of passport tl recive it back I did online route
Congrats Bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
Pls is anyone in dis house headin to vfs on wednesday?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 7:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
eddy20:
malaria is not a problem...They will do blood test for HIV,Syphillicis,Hepatis,drug abuse. And they will out Urinalisis,which is a test done to check ur sugar levels and other things.They will also carry out chest x ray.After does they will carry out a physical examination.Approved hospitals in lagos take 28k.I don't know of Portharcourt...
Thank you sir and God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2014
MrArams:

Congrats man.
Happy to wake up to read this kind of goodnews...Truly God aint sleeping on our case grin
Thank you sir...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
eddy20:
. What school are u heading to?
sir I'm heading to Memorial University Newfoundland
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
lilspiceyy:
Hi redribs, though am currently working and I filled my form as a worker though I have documents to back it up bt I didn't upload it. It it really mandatory to submit those document? If it is then I guess it's too late to send it to them right?

Hey Spicey,

I personally have some documents I woulda loved to submit along with my app if I thought it wise on time... I think that after submitting, one can't really add docs again unless required cos I once heard about them asking a friend to make tuition payment within 30 days and submit a receipt. Asides rare scenarios like that, I doubt that it is possible (or permitted) to add docs after submission.

If the VO feels you can back up your claims about being a worker, he can ask you to submit proof. And it's situations like that that fervent prayers bring about. Just pray that if at all the absence of the docs is creating any doubts in the VO's decision, he will either overlook it or simply contact you and request for the docs...

hope you have a really good proof of means of financial support tho, cos that's about the most important condition. (ofcourse after an acceptance letter)

All the best dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 7:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
Omonjoe:
if u are looking for a way to live nigeria and settle with a good job somewhere else,canada is the best place for u to achieve wat u want.if u go to UK they will pursue u from their country once u finish ur skool...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lakusi(m): 7:47pm On Oct 20, 2014
Cufs:

The address in my acceptance letter is that of the main Campus in Alberta Beach. But they also made a note in my offer letter that my campus of admission is Calgary Campus, tho they did not include the address.

Hello Cufs ... Pls did u av to write IELTS b4 securing an admission at U of A because its competitive n if yes/no aw did u go abt d admission process n all ... Thanks smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
georgey2k:
Please I need an answer to my question, someone in the house should please help out... Thanks

What I expect the VO will do if your visa is granted months b4 school resumption is to postdate the validity of your visa to a later date...

And in your application form you need to choose the date you intend to arrive Canada (or rather the date ur school is to resume)... this is the date the VO is likely going to work with when deciding ur visa issuance date.

just my opinion tho
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 8:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
stayboy1602:
its goood just go really early like 7 you are dere, and it 30k, dey take your blood text and urine in prime, den dey direct you to another place to do your X ray close by tho like 5 -10 mins away from Prime
thank you my man, please is it necessary to call the doctor for appointment or should i go there and present my medical form sent by CIC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oghos2k(m): 8:08pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hey guys.. I've done Medicals, my status has shown passed and application is closed now with application showing "this application has been approved" but I have not gotten any mail for passport submission.. How long does it take to get passport request? My application was approved on Friday..

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 8:19pm On Oct 20, 2014
oghos2k:
Hey guys.. I've done Medicals, my status has shown passed and application is closed now with application showing "this application has been approved" but I have not gotten any mail for passport submission.. How long does it take to get passport request? My application was approved on Friday..
they would request for ur passport before the week runs out....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 8:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
oghos2k:

A big congratulations to you :-)

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by morfman: 8:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
redribs:

The only document you may not add if you're applying online is the police clearance certificate. .. as for employment, if u stated in your application forms that you are currently employed, then you need to show proof. If you have stopped work already, pls show proof too.

Not everyone gets a study leave approved so you may not sweat yourself over that. Although, it can furthermore prove your ties with your home country.

Always try to put yourself in the shoes of a Visa Officer when assessing your docs to be submitted. For every information provided in the form (or the most of it), he appreciates a valid document to back it up.

All the best.

Sorry for more questions.

But under which section do you upload other documents like transcript, waec, proof of employment etc.

under the requested documents in the online section, they are not listed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 8:43pm On Oct 20, 2014
jaylinaa:
Hello @redribs @kruxit @snappyfingaz @mantiger @eddy20,

I'm sorted now.

I first pasted the JPEG to MSword as advised and then I saved as PDF. Then I used a website cvisiontech.com and it compressed to about 3mb (from 30mb) and picture quality still very good.

Thanks guys.

*phew*

Very well done job.

I dey wait make CIC request for pp, na how long will it take.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Omonjoe(m): 8:48pm On Oct 20, 2014
my oga, i ve masters in Electrical Engr and also going for d same course. I have jst 3yrs experience nw. When i check my eligibility on canada website, I was told nt qualified for d Fedral skilled worker class.
Siga:
... Masters in what area...plus if you have relevant work experience... why not look into Federal SKilled Worker class... U may be able to secure your PR from Naija ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oghos2k(m): 9:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
eddy20:
they would request for ur passport before the week runs out....

Alright... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oghos2k(m): 9:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
newbie2014:

A big congratulations to you :-)
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
Omonjoe:
my oga, i ve masters in Electrical Engr and also going for d same course. I have jst 3yrs experience nw. When i check my eligibility on canada website, I was told nt qualified for d Fedral skilled worker class.
...how did u determine that... how many points were u short by and where...check the link below and tell me if u can't find ur occupation there
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iiffyy: 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hello guys am new here and i need ur helps
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iiffyy: 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
Do anybody knows any school in canada that accepts our nija HND for masters program? Pls help if u got any gud info thjks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2014
lakusi:

Hello Cufs ... Pls did u av to write IELTS b4 securing an admission at U of A because its competitive n if yes/no aw did u go abt d admission process n all ... Thanks smiley

@ cufs,

Is your sch UOfA or UOfL?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 9:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
oghos2k:

Congratulation
I can't wait to share this same goodnews smiley

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
lilspiceyy:
Hi redribs, though am currently working and I filled my form as a worker though I have documents to back it up bt I didn't upload it. It it really mandatory to submit those document? If it is then I guess it's too late to send it to them right?

Plz pray very well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
jckeme:

Sorry when you say "go for medical" and den "submit your passport", are they not meant to ask for your passport after medicals have been passed?

The list assumes positivity sir!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 10:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS ( WINTER - JAN 2015 )

1. stayboy1602: JULY 17, U of T, online, UG.
2. Oghos2k: AUGUST 6, U of R, online, PG. MEDICALS
3. realone01: AUGUST 8, U of R, online, PG. MEDICALS
4. kruxit: AUGUST 13, Fanshawe college, Online, PG. MEDICALS
5. Double08: AUGUST 19, Lambton College, Paper, PG. MEDICALS
6. LearnLife: AUGUST 19, red river college, paper, Adv Dip delayed
7. kazzy78: AUGUST 19, Humber College, paper, PG
8. famolino: August 21, Humber College, Online, PG. delayed
9. ManTiger: AUGUST 28, MUN, Online, UG. MEDICALS
10. Optimall: AUGUST 29, Usask, Paper, UG.
11. cman4good: AUGUST 30, MUN, onliine, PG. MEDICALS
12. tianadiva: SEPTEMBER 5, Uni of Manitoba, online, UG.
13. masterp204: SEPTEMBER 7, Lambton college, online, PG.
14. fabuloustee: SEPTEMBER 9, Niagara college, paper, UG.
15. jojcanada: SEPTEMBER 9, Seneca college, Paper, PG.
16. MrArams: SEPTEMBER 11, CUCA, Online, PG.
17. lovesavvi: SEPTEMBER 16, Fleming college, online, PG.
18. Mesh2003: SEPTEMBER 17, North Island college, paper, PG.
19. Mcjimmy:SEPTEMBER 18, Conestoga College, Paper, PGD
20. opsynusy: SEPTEMBER 19, Selkirk college, paper, PG.
21. duntano: SEPTEMBER 25, Conestoga college, paper, Diploma.
22. Leaderdeji: SEPTEMBER 25, Selkirk college, online, PG
23. Santohfilz: SEPTEMBER 26, UPEI, Online, UG.
24. tweeny24: SEPTEMBER 29, centennial college, paper, diploma.
25. lilspiceyy: SEPTEMBER 30, NBCC, online, diploma
26. omooba: OCTOBER 1, laurentian university, online route, PG.
27. Dafinest4life: OCTOBER 2, Olds college, online, diploma.
28. lewoxxy: OCTOBER 2, Seneca college, online, PG
29. gydlol: OCTOBER 7, Georgian college, online, diploma
30. standupguy: OCTOBER 8, Conestoga college, online, PG
31. redribs: OCTOBER 10, UOttawa, Online, PG.
32. meritdee: OCTOBER 10, Humber, online, Adv dip
33. Cufs: OCTOBER 14, Uni of Lethbridge, Paper, 2nd UG
34. showfz: OCTOBER 16, Red River college, online, diploma
35. moshood1993: OCTOBER 17, Lambton college, online, PG
36. holyjacket: OCTOBER 17, U of Alberta, online, PG
37. Holu26 : October 17, uni of Lethbridge, UG, ONLINE

If you have admission for Winter
and have applied for TRV

Please provide the following information
**Submission date**Institution*
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper
**level of study

UPDATED
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stayboy1602: 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
cman4good:

thank you my man, please is it necessary to call the doctor for appointment or should i go there and present my medical form sent by CIC.
If you go as early you dont need too call them just 7am you aready dere, I got dere 9am and i was the last person 15th number, and I was attended too till 4 o'clock cause I got dere late pls go early, I just got mail I pased my medical dey just requeted me too send letter from my school that I can resume now cause my actual resumption date was semtember I fid not differ
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by serious10(m): 10:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
[quote author=sheriph post=27297199]Dear house, is it possible for my father to sponsor my wife to Canada for masters. I work in Qatar and am not ready to leave Qatar for now, but i want my dad to sponsor her with my little son. i will also show my statement of account too. Although, i may not have fat account but my dad will be the main sponsor, which i will also show little like 2million in my Qatar account. Please advice house[/quote @ sheriph dthat is the nice and good step u have taking o ,that is for me and pls, am also serious to enter the qatar bt don't really no much process to follow , can u pls share more light on it for me]

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.