Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827378 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
Snappyfingaz:
My good people... Heaven just smiled on me now. God don do am. I just received my medical request notification.

Applied October: 3rd
Med Call: November 28th.

This is my second application after being delayed in May this year with enough time left to apply for September (fall) session, I took my time and prepared for good four months before re-applying in October. I studied every detail but no be small fear still catch me. Special thanks to almighty God, he's too much. Much appreciation to Luvly3, realone01, tokini, Amefrica and then the last but not the least Optimal (you especially, were very encouraging). Special thanks also to everyone on the thread. If not for your participation how we for take learn? May God also work wonders on pending applications, more goodnews will surely come to us all. Amen.

Congrats boss! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
... My Peps in Edmonton... How una dey cope... 30cm of snow and -36c windchill ....Not winter yet ooo... pele people.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
Baba Siga, I greet you oo. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 6:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
Amefrica:
Baba Siga, I greet you oo. cheesy
... Hope u cool..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
Siga:
... Hope u cool..

Cool like cooler cheesy grin You?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
Cufs:

Paper or online route Oga? grin

Online route Ma.

Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
okemi:
Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah!

Jst got off the phone with my agent and he told me I have been scheduled for Medicals
Applied on the 2nd of Oct.

Wud post my documents when i finally get the real thing, Inshaa' Allah.
Finally, good news in da house. Congrats @okemi. More good news in IJN.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
Snappyfingaz:
My good people... Heaven just smiled on me now. God don do am. I just received my medical request notification.

Applied October: 3rd
Med Call: November 28th.

This is my second application after being delayed in May this year with enough time left to apply for September (fall) session, I took my time and prepared for good four months before re-applying in October. I studied every detail but no be small fear still catch me. Special thanks to almighty God, he's too much. Much appreciation to Luvly3, realone01, tokini, Amefrica and then the last but not the least Optimal (you especially, were very encouraging). Special thanks also to everyone on the thread. If not for your participation how we for take learn? May God also work wonders on pending applications, more goodnews will surely come to us all. Amen.
Wuuuuu!!
Told ya bro,JAH aint sleeping.. Congratulations..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 7:28pm On Nov 28, 2014
Been on the background waiting for the Good Newses, and now its friday it came forth in two's,Deuces. Cogratulations @Okemi and @Snappyfingers. I pack into your testimony. More Good News awaits us next week. Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
okemi:
snappyfingaz:
^^^ Told yaa it would drop soon.
Congrats

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
Snappyfingaz:

Congrats.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
Optimall:
Congratulations Pchax... Al glory to Jah. cheesy

The mail finally came... all glory to jah oooo!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
oghos2k:
send them an email ASAP.. mine took 5 days which i was just waiting but as soon as i sent an email, they replied with the request for passport the next day

Seems teh VO is on Nairaland and he reads our complaints cos I didn't send a mail and the mail entered this afternoon. Rushing there first thing monday morning. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2014
vanrichie4u:

It takes awhile before the mail requesting for your passport would come in to your MyCiC actn, or better still use a PC to access ur actn...relax and sip some juice,same thing happened to me..lol. Congratulation

Na PC i dey everly use browse ooo... i dey sip my juice when the mail entered this afternoon. It was as if teh VO read my complaint on this thread and decided to answer me. Thanks bro!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah!

Jst got off the phone with my agent and he told me I have been scheduled for Medicals
Applied on the 2nd of Oct.

Wud post my documents when i finally get the real thing, Inshaa' Allah.

Cancity234:
My windsor team!!!!Congrat!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yeah let's go Windsor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once again, congrats my friend!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
@ promise2, vicarsenal, Odinwa

I can see that you sent PMs to me but I do not have access to my NL mail. Please kindly reply to a very old thread of mine that I created in another forum (not this one) and include your email address there so I can reply.

Or better still, ask the question here directly if it is not personal so everyone can benefit.

I would be posting all the documents I submitted. I would also post the links to the samples of all letters I submitted starting from my application to Uni and I would heavily redact the letters by removing all personal details. I don't see this done much on this thread so I hope I am not flaunting any rules (@Oga Siga).

Thanks for all the inputs. Looking forward to more medical call ups cos I don't like to walk alone.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by checkyink(m): 8:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
Uni of Regina guys, do acceptance letters come through email or through the post. I just noticed I have been offered PhD admission on my online portal. Awaiting the acceptance letter.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 8:33pm On Nov 28, 2014
Both! Dey will send you the soft copy of the acceptance letter any moment from now. Congrats
checkyink:
Uni of Regina guys, do acceptance letters come through email or through the post. I just noticed I have been offered PhD admission on my online portal. Awaiting the acceptance letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Akin26: 8:45pm On Nov 28, 2014
My good people
please I want to know how long it will take for one to re-apply for Canada student visa..i applied in October 2014 for January 2015 resumption date,but was not given the visa. I want to apply again for next year admission.....please I need help and guidance on how to go about it again. Thanks people
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olamonsor2: 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
Akin26:
My good people
please I want to know how long it will take for one to re-apply for Canada student visa..i applied in October 2014 for January 2015 resumption date,but was not given the visa. I want to apply again for next year admission.....please I need help and guidance on how to go about it again. Thanks people
Defer your admission, try to know next admission intake from your school. Spring is (May), you can start applying by Jan.. Hope dis help

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by checkyink(m): 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Thanks realone1. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Akin26: 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
olamonsor2:

Defer your admission, try to know next admission intake from your school. Spring is (May), you can start applying by Jan.. Hope dis help
Thanks so much for taking your time to respond to me.
Its actually a post graduate college admission (fleming college) I will like for another program for spring admission. hope that wont jeopardise any thing? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olamonsor2: 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
@ Akin26... Request for new admission letter, New letter will indicate next academic session.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Akin26: 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
@olamonsor2 i will do that.Thanks i appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lovesavvi: 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Akin26:

Thanks so much for taking your time to respond to me.
Its actually a post graduate college admission (fleming college) I will like for another program for spring admission. hope that wont jeopardise any thing? Thanks.
@ akin what course r u goin for in fleming college also what was d reason for denial ? Am also Goin to fleming wireless information networking bt I was delayed d. A visa. Bt my program dnt av May ontake only jan nd sept.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
Nabylet:

Iv checked it out even before I started looking for admission, dint see my profession there, studied education, hate the profession and I don't want to practice it, that's y I'm struggling to start again.

ask the question about your options in the forum, there are knowledgeable people there that will give you good response to the best of their knowledge. I think there should be a place for you, really. Research is about seaarching again, do you know when you use google, sometimes the besta nswer to your question could be on the 50th page or even further along?.
Do try again.

Peace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 5:19am On Nov 29, 2014
Okemi and snappyfingaz... Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by abisolmi(f): 5:34am On Nov 29, 2014
Siga:
... My Peps in Edmonton... How una dey cope... 30cm of snow and -36c windchill ....Not winter yet ooo... pele people.

I hail ooo, DEADmonton is something else oooo!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by abisolmi(f): 5:57am On Nov 29, 2014
Nabylet:

I hate my first ug, dint even learn anything.

Hi,

I read your comments and wanted to offer my two cents. Why not go for a masters straight? The thing is, if you want to do MA Economics (which is what I am studying), If you meet GPA requirements, you can be admitted for a Pre-masters or what Alberta calls Qualifying year which is basically like doing a 4th year undergrad before proceeding into your masters proper. Saves you time and better enhances your chance. Regarding schools, I applied into 4 schools and all 4 had Qualifying year. Here are the schools for guidelines:
1. University of Alberta
2. Guelph university (Ontario)
3. Memorial University
4. University of Manitoba.

Like I said, most schools have Qualifying year which is basically for students who wish to do a masters in Economics but had a different undergrad degree so read their MA requirement and just opt for that instead.

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 7:23am On Nov 29, 2014
abisolmi:

Hi,

I read your comments and wanted to offer my two cents. Why not go for a masters straight? The thing is, if you want to do MA Economics (which is what I am studying), If you meet GPA requirements, you can be admitted for a Pre-masters or what Alberta calls Qualifying year which is basically like doing a 4th year undergrad before proceeding into your masters proper. Saves you time and better enhances your chance. Regarding schools, I applied into 4 schools and all 4 had Qualifying year. Here are the schools for guidelines:
1. University of Alberta
2. Guelph university (Ontario)
3. Memorial University
4. University of Manitoba.

Like I said, most schools have Qualifying year which is basically for students who wish to do a masters in Economics but had a different undergrad degree so read their MA requirement and just opt for that instead.

All the best!

This is new to me and quiet a piece. Thanks a lot for ur 2cents, really appreciate it. Will check them out and mail their admissions for further info. Thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyzdan: 7:55am On Nov 29, 2014
Both, congrats
checkyink:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by simisolataiwo: 8:23am On Nov 29, 2014
Hello everyone...pls dos any one know anything about schooling in selkirk college...cos I applied for thr pgd programme thr nd I checked thr web nd I haven't seen a single black thr..so the question now is dos any one here knows anybody in that school nd is schooling thr for my pgd a good idea

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.