Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (828156 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by edwinbiz(m): 10:39am On Aug 23, 2014
Any one here who applied for winter 2015 to the university of regina or university of Saskatchewan, lets share thoughts .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyhz: 10:50am On Aug 23, 2014
yomisley: but you say it's free A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca.

you dnt av to go thru ontariocolleges! Go to centennial website and click apply online, with that u aint paying anyfin!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 11:03am On Aug 23, 2014
Thanks to everyone in the house. I thank God that i register my success story in this part 6 that is almost finished before nairaland was attack but now am still registering in this part 6.

Document Submitted (Online)

Visa Application Forms
Admission Letter (Okanagan College)
Tuition Deposit (500CAD)
Waec Certificate
OND Result and Transcript
IELTS (6.0 Band)

Personal

Birth Certificate from NPC
International Passport
Local Government Identification
Passport Photograph
Volunteer Working Letter
SOP
Dad Picture
Mum Picture
Family Picture
21 DAYS FASTING AND PRAYER

Sponsors (Local Government & Uncle as Co sponsor)

Scholarship Letter from L.G (Full Scholarship)
Uncle Personal SOA (6month) (#8million)
Uncle CAC Certificate
Uncle Tax Clearance (3years)
Uncle Sponsorship Letter (Company Letter Headed)
Uncle Afidafit of Sponsorship

God is not sleeping. Believe in God and he will do your own too. He has done my own. Halleluyah.

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by frederal(m): 11:31am On Aug 23, 2014
Coming to Newfoundland, need an apartment? Contact me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by miketayo(m): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2014
GboyegaD:

Oga, how do you mean PhD admits take forever? Its all about applying at the right tine which is usually between September and late January in most cases. If you are considering a PhD, now is the best time to start.

applying for a PhD that is not ur country takes time..ur admission has to go through nigerian embassy as well as d embassy of the country u want to do the research then back to the Uni u re applying to. this might take more than a year just for your research to get accepted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 11:42am On Aug 23, 2014
miketayo:

applying for a PhD that is not ur country takes time..ur admission has to go through nigerian embassy as well as d embassy of the country u want to do the research then back to the Uni u re applying to. this might take more than a year just for your research to get accepted.

Not at all oga. What value does your application add going through the embassy? Do you think any school for instance have the luxury of time to do such? Are there professors in the embassy to evaluate your application? It's all about what you want though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 11:44am On Aug 23, 2014
Amefrica:

Hmmm yea! But he was asking about UnderG..

Ok. I thought you were responding to the guy who wanted to do an MSc. No problems at least others can learn from it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 11:44am On Aug 23, 2014
miketayo:

Not only PhD, how about visa to heaven? smh

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 11:45am On Aug 23, 2014
twaintoy: I do not have ur number o, replied your mail.

Ok, I will send it to you or you can get it from Aje. ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 23, 2014
Oyeleye2011: Thanks to everyone in the house. I thank God that i register my success story in this part 6 that is almost finished before nairaland was attack but now am still registering in this part 6.

Document Submitted (Online)

Visa Application Forms
Admission Letter (Okanagan College)
Tuition Deposit (500CAD)
Waec Certificate
OND Result and Transcript
IELTS (6.0 Band)

Personal

Birth Certificate from NPC
International Passport
Local Government Identification
Passport Photograph
Volunteer Working Letter
SOP
Dad Picture
Mum Picture
Family Picture
21 DAYS FASTING AND PRAYER

Sponsors (Local Government & Uncle as Co sponsor)

Scholarship Letter from L.G (Full Scholarship)
Uncle Personal SOA (6month) (#8million)
Uncle CAC Certificate
Uncle Tax Clearance (3years)
Uncle Sponsorship Letter (Company Letter Headed)
Uncle Afidafit of Sponsorship

God is not sleeping. Believe in God and he will do your own too. He has done my own. Halleluyah.

Congrats, boss! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 23, 2014
GboyegaD:

Ok. I thought you were responding to the guy who wanted to do an MSc. No problems at least others can learn from it.

Exactly, baba mi!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 11:51am On Aug 23, 2014
kclexa:

I like your mindset. So what happens to those whose schools are in downtown area? Some accommodations closer to school are even more expensive.

In Edmonton, getting a furnished room close to most schools ranges from $550 to $750. while bachelor suites range from $650 to $875.

I won't dwell more on this subject because i have given enough steps to be considered in choosing an accommodation. My advice to anyone coming to Canada is to use renting websites such as kijiji.ca to analyze the accommodation cost and plan ahead. You may even be lucky to get an accommodation for far less ( below $400 ) but it all depends.

Good luck guys, I wish you all success in your quest for a better future. And I welcome all new Nigerians to Canada.
God Bless

Thanks for your clarification and good you still give people hope at least your prices are fairer than that of the person who said a thousand. For those whose schools are close to Downtown like SAIT for instance, they can like around Sunnyside, 16th Avenue etc for instance.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Klinkiddy: 11:58am On Aug 23, 2014
Hi guys! I Was told to submit my SIN (Social Insurance Number) by the school i applied for in canada and i have just submitted my application to the embassy not less than a month. Do i need to apply for the socail insurance number here in nigeria or canada? Info pls.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
parisbluefox: Good morning everyone! Please is it advisable to live in a shared apartment with Chinese guys? In my own opinion, I think they are dirty (Indians too). My apologies, if I sound offensive. I'm yet to find a room and I will be leaving in 8 days time.

How did you come up with your conclusion that they are dirty? I know we all have our stereotypes but this one is so bizarre. Try using padmapper as it is a pool of rental adverts from kijiji, rentfaster, etc.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BaaleofMontreal: 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
Klinkiddy: Hi guys! I Was told to submit my SIN (Social Insurance Number) by the school i applied for in canada and i have just submitted my application to the embassy not less than a month. Do i need to apply for the socail insurance number here in nigeria or canada? Info pls.....

Wait till when you get to Canada, you can only apply for your temporary social insurance number in Canada after presenting your passport and study permit at Service Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tokiniofficial(m): 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2014
GboyegaD:

Thanks for your clarification and good you still give people hope at least your prices are fairer than that of the person who said a thousand. For those whose schools are close to Downtown like SAIT for instance, they can like around Sunnyside, 16th Avenue etc for instance.

This phrase DOWNTOWN , what's the significance?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrsM: 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
Hello sir! Please I'm interested in that province o. I just need the name. Thanks in advance! grin
Ottawaguy: Yep.that true.u can relocate to another province but the thing is some province will want u to study in their province,that way it makes it easier.I will give an example I know of a province that will allow u submit your application after 6 months of working as long as u study in their province.That same province requires peeps that studied in another province and relocated to their province to work 2 years bfor bn considered at all.

Paali means green card shey? But shebi if paali hard to get frm one pronvince, den na to port go another one na or am I missing sumtin?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by parisbluefox: 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
Cuz I've lived close to them in d past! Their food is iritating!

GboyegaD:

How did you come up with your conclusion that they are dirty? I know we all have our stereotypes but this one is so bizarre. Try using padmapper as it is a pool of rental adverts from kijiji, rentfaster, etc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2014
GboyegaD:

Its an open secret, generally they are. If you can avoid sharing a flat with them

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyzdan: 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
@ottawaguy, pls can u send me a mail here ngofinereal@yahoo.com
i would like to ask u few things.
Thanks
Ottawaguy: You welcome.i don't support paying anybody(agent or educational agency).Collate your docs,make sure everything is arranged in order and complete and proceed to submit.Back it up with prayers.I collated and submitted my application myself then there was no Vfs I had to go their office physically in Anifowose to submit my application.The idea of giving someone money doesn't cut it for me.agent doesn't increase the chance of getting the visa what increases it is getting all docs and acts right.best wishes once again to your bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2014
justwise:

Its an open secret, generally they are. If you can avoid sharing a flat with them

Only you will set up rules and break it at the same time.'M really disappointed in you.don't get upset when people break your rules.set example to fellow nairalanders you hear.

No3 commandment :3. Don't advocate or encourage violent actions against any person, tribe, RACE, animals, or group of people.

You don't know who is reading your thread.when someone starts insulting don't mention anything about "derailing".

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2014
@gly

Please we don't recommend or endorse any agent/agency here, this is DIY thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ghen Ghen grin *grabsabowlofpopcorn*

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by leo1234(m): 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2014
Slimdel:
Www.google.com,,, when you are there, type Canadian schools or top 30 Canadian schools, search for the course u want to do, apply to the school, send your academic transcripts and hope to get admission
Please how much should one budget for this process?

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.