Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (825391 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Dchris: 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2014
My first application that got denied was via paper route n thru an agent...I want to re-apply myself now ONLINE,pls how much will dat cost me? or is it d same amt as d paper route? Pls help me ans dis question...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Asalyn: 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
bramz: Anyone heading to centennial this fall for advance diploma?
[color=#006600][/color]

Plz am about submitting my application against winter intake for an advance diploma (fast track) but d problem is dt I can't pay for d application fee because der is no segment on the application form requesting for payment mode (lyk MasterCard, Visa card) etc...juz wondering if it's meant to be lyk dt?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2014
Aunty toyin!!!!!!!! Lol
twaintoy: emi gan dey watch d film before, e been dey sweet me but i don off tv now. Picks phone and now nairalanding!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2014
Dchris: My first application that got denied was via paper route n thru an agent...I want to re-apply myself now ONLINE,pls how much will dat cost me? or is it d same amt as d paper route? Pls help me ans dis question...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by twaintoy(f): 3:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
realone01: Aunty toyin!!!!!!!! Lol
Brother, ki lo funny?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Chatters(f): 3:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
frederal: Coming to Newfoundland, need an apartment? Contact me

I'm very much interested. I've PM'd you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by yomisley: 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
is it not this same website? www.centennialcollege.ca
pyhz:

you dnt av to go thru ontariocolleges! Go to centennial website and click apply online, with that u aint paying anyfin!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
codebreaker: Chirgo, Ottawaguy, GboyegaD, Kclexa and other people with experience and opinions

I have to now mention usernames cos una don free my question since..

If you get admission to a college thats starts in january 2015 which has 3 semesters can you do only 2 semesters for full time study and the last for optional coop then proceed for your one year msc originally intended msc from sept 2015 to august 2016.

Can I ask for a study visa extention or what do you suggest.

Cos I really must do my MSC Cos I am to defer my admission to next year and I dont wanna be in this country after this year.
....Bro didn't see ur question....If your course is 3 semester..... i.e 2 semester for course work and 1 semester for optional coop.....the 1 semester for optional coop doesn't mean there isn't something to do for that semester....check the school's information well....its either you take some courses for that semester or you go for coop....that's why they tagged it as "optional coop".....i.e not by force.....some courses have compulsory coop semester though.....the solution to your problem is to go for an 8 months course gerege!!! grin without coop option....when done, you can then proceed for masters from Sept 2015......and yes you can extend your visa and study permit...but you have to make sure you already got your Msc offer and also apply for extension 3 months before your visa and study permit expires.....Its all about planning well bro....and biko my name no be chirgo(Cargo grin)......Na Chrigo.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
please house i need answers tho the following

i want to apply to about 3 colleges in ontario (lambton is one of 'em) , do i really need the credential assessment stuff as stated on WES and ICAS?

PS: i wanna apply for my self (POST GRADUATE) and my sister (Undergraduate)

i'm applying via ontariocolleges.ca, is it advisable or direct application s better? (or is ontariocolleges.ca the normal route?)

i hope my questions aren't much, but pls is there any other thing i need to know before i apply?

thanks again.. i would appreciate all the answers i can get. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by twoc: 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
Amefrica:

Wow! Thanks boss.. Will surely do this! cheesy
How are you today?
hi, didn't know banks still give pTA .pls do I have to have an account with the bank, if so hope dey wnt mind if I open it that same day and request for the transaction.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 23, 2014
twoc:
hi, didn't know banks still give pTA .pls do I have to have an account with the bank, if so hope dey wnt mind if I open it that same day and request for the transaction.

I don't even know yet - will be going there on Monday..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
bramz: Anyone heading to centennial this fall for advance diploma?
Yeah I'm heading to Centennial this winter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
codebreaker: Chirgo, Ottawaguy, GboyegaD, Kclexa and other people with experience and opinions

I have to now mention usernames cos una don free my question since..

If you get admission to a college thats starts in january 2015 which has 3 semesters can you do only 2 semesters for full time study and the last for optional coop then proceed for your one year msc originally intended msc from sept 2015 to august 2016.

Can I ask for a study visa extention or what do you suggest.

Cos I really must do my MSC Cos I am to defer my admission to next year and I dont wanna be in this country after this year.

Of course you can do both semester, go for your Masters after that complete your pdg. I av a friend with similar experience
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2014
Please house, someone should kindly answer my my questions please.

Which province is the most suitable for easy permanent residence application as mentioned several times on this thread?

I wanna narrow my search towards that end.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
Amefrica:

I don't even know yet - will be going there on Monday..

Hello Oga mi sir, i have sent you PM, i hope you have seen it. You can inbox me your number since you are closer to me. oniabiodun2011@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kclexa(m): 5:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
ChriGo: .....Kclexa my G....good to see you here.....guess you're also done for the semester?.....

ChriGo my man, Yes O! summer semester has been dealt with and Fall is about to start in 2 weeks. Meanwhile I am cooling off in Yankee until school resumes grin
Hope you are cooling off somewhere nice too

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kclexa(m): 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2014
edwinbiz: Thanks kclexa. where in canada are you?

Edmonton, Alberta
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 5:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
kclexa:

ChriGo my man, Yes O! summer semester has been dealt with and Fall is about to start in 2 weeks. Meanwhile I am cooling off in Yankee until school resumes grin
Hope you are cooling off somewhere nice too
.....Nice!!!...you don pack Alberta oil money go chill for Yankee grin.....dealt with summer semester too....No classes for me this fall so work things in view....Meanwhile will be cooling off too @ Niagara falls till work starts grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 5:32pm On Aug 23, 2014
tokiniofficial:

This phrase DOWNTOWN , what's the significance?

It is usually the business hub of the community.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 5:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
parisbluefox: Cuz I've lived close to them in d past! Their food is iritating!

Just as our food is irritating to them. Remember one man's food is another man's poison. Well, I don't know about their cleanliness in general.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 5:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
twaintoy: Send it please. Have u seen my mail?

Sent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by twaintoy(f): 5:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
GboyegaD:

Sent.
Alright, will check when i charge my phone.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2014
Oyeleye2011:

Hello Oga mi sir, i have sent you PM, i hope you have seen it. You can inbox me your number since you are closer to me. oniabiodun2011@yahoo.com

Ok!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2014
ChriGo: .....Nice!!!...you don pack Alberta oil money go chill for Yankee grin.....dealt with summer semester too....No classes for me this fall so work things in view....Meanwhile will be cooling off too @ Niagara falls till work starts grin.....

Mr Chrigo SEASON GREETINGS cheesy hope you never close for today(nairaland)?abeg how is that niagara? is the place cool for someone that is into media? trying to settle for niagara or toronto
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2014
ChriGo: ....Bro didn't see ur question....If your course is 3 semester..... i.e 2 semester for course work and 1 semester for optional coop.....the 1 semester for optional coop doesn't mean there isn't something to do for that semester....check the school's information well....its either you take some courses for that semester or you go for coop....that's why they tagged it as "optional coop".....i.e not by force.....some courses have compulsory coop semester though.....the solution to your problem is to go for an 8 months course gerege!!! grin without coop option....when done, you can then proceed for masters from Sept 2015......and yes you can extend your visa and study permit...but you have to make sure you already got your Msc offer and also apply for extension 3 months before your visa and study permit expires.....Its all about planning well bro....and biko my name no be chirgo(Cargo grin)......Na Chrigo.....

Nice one man!

Another thing.. I saw Grauate certificate in Project management in your college [lambton]'s website that they have intakes available for January. The program is 2 semesters, does that mean is its an 8 month program. And yes I have admission to a University already which commences in September of next year.

Another thing is that, on ontario college application website, Lambton's project management course for January intake is not indicated unlike as it was indicated on Lambton's website.

Another thing, if the program is 8 months, how many months is gonna be the visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2014
lovelydamsel:

Mr Chrigo SEASON GREETINGS cheesy hope you never close for today(nairaland)?abeg how is that niagara? is the place cool for someone that is into media? trying to settle for niagara or toronto
....Lolzz @close for today...I don't live in Niagara...only going for a short Vacay....You don't have to bound yourself to a location..media peeps explore everywhere possible....you'll get more media gigs in Toronto though.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2014
siegfried99: Please house, someone should kindly answer my my questions please.

Which province is the most suitable for easy permanent residence application as mentioned several times on this thread?

I wanna narrow my search towards that end.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
ChriGo: ....Lolzz @close for today...I don't live in Niagara...only going for a short Vacay....You don't have to bound yourself to a location..media peeps explore everywhere possible....you'll get more media gigs in Toronto though.....

Alright thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
siegfried99: please house i need answers tho the following

i want to apply to about 3 colleges in ontario (lambton is one of 'em) , do i really need the credential assessment stuff as stated on WES and ICAS?

PS: i wanna apply for my self (POST GRADUATE) and my sister (Undergraduate)

i'm applying via ontariocolleges.ca, is it advisable or direct application s better? (or is ontariocolleges.ca the normal route?)

i hope my questions aren't much, but pls is there any other thing i need to know before i apply?

thanks again.. i would appreciate all the answers i can get. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
codebreaker:

Nice one man!

Another thing.. I saw Grauate certificate in Project management in your college [lambton]'s website that they have intakes available for January. The program is 2 semesters, does that mean is its an 8 month program. And yes I have admission to a University already which commences in September of next year.

Another thing is that, on ontario college application website, Lambton's project management course for January intake is not indicated unlike as it was indicated on Lambton's website.

ps: the project management course is in toronto
....Yes its 8 months program.....the course is open for Jan intake....No be everything dem dey update for ontariocollege....so apply to Lambton directly.....mind you, Lambton would refer you to Maple....you can use Maple for the admission process but you can package visa yourself.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pinkyni(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
ChriGo: ....Bro didn't see ur question....If your course is 3 semester..... i.e 2 semester for course work and 1 semester for optional coop.....the 1 semester for optional coop doesn't mean there isn't something to do for that semester....check the school's information well....its either you take some courses for that semester or you go for coop....that's why they tagged it as "optional coop".....i.e not by force.....some courses have compulsory coop semester though.....the solution to your problem is to go for an 8 months course gerege!!! grin without coop option....when done, you can then proceed for masters from Sept 2015......and yes you can extend your visa and study permit...but you have to make sure you already got your Msc offer and also apply for extension 3 months before your visa and study permit expires.....Its all about planning well bro....and biko my name no be chirgo(Cargo grin)......Na Chrigo.....
I beg chrigo.am new here and will like to know documents needed for visa for undergraduate programe in canada.thanks in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by wolexy2020(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
No.20140702GHAN*******– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 20/08/2014 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website .
...just got this on a friend's application. He wasn't called for medicals ..
Any idea what it means ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.