Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (828134 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
Pls what docs does one show at the airport/point of entry asides my passport.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 10:38pm On Aug 23, 2014
My program starts January 2015 and ends May 2016, is dat 2years? Abi hw many months (or year) visa will I b given?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
famolino: My program starts January 2015 and ends May 2016, is dat 2years? Abi hw many months (or year) visa will I b given?

Yes its a 2yrs program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
BaaleofMontreal:

Boss mi, no vex
Since I don land I dey busy gan.

When are you porting?

No wahala boss! I'm porting in 8days time. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
siegfried99:

thanks for the response..but please what are the docs required of him?

SOA, Biz registration docs, tax clearance etc

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
blessedfavoured: Hey amefrica did u get ur ticket from travel start? If yes; what payment method did you use, can't find master card there and did you get a confirmation immediately? Theyy have the best offer atm.
Please reply ASAP.
Thanks.

Not travelstart, ma. I'd advise you choose cash payment and pay at the approved banks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2014
Just a general contribution here.please when choosing a school make sure it a publicly funded one...or let mii say one that you are eligible to get a work permit after completing your program.I need stress that not all colleges qualify you for work permit especially if you attending a private college.You can check your college eligibility on the immigration website.best wishes to you all.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TeamclicksAir: 11:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
blessedfavoured: Hey amefrica did u get ur ticket from travel start? If yes; what payment method did you use, can't find master card there and did you get a confirmation immediately? Theyy have the best offer atm.
Please reply ASAP.
Thanks.
If you need confirmation immediately... i will suggest you book directly with the airlines as you can be sure there will be no story later.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2014
Same applies to university.also,going to a private school doesn't help your visa application much in my own opinion and they can be ridiculously expensive too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
siegfried99: Please house, someone should kindly answer my my questions please.

Which province is the most suitable for easy permanent residence application as mentioned several times on this thread?

I wanna narrow my search towards that end.
Use to be Manitoba. Don't know if things have changed now.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 23, 2014
Depends on so many factors.factors dat could influence where to go included and not limited to... your program,your personal plan and the duration of the work permit you will get after completion of your program.
siegfried99: Please house, someone should kindly answer my my questions please.

Which province is the most suitable for easy permanent residence application as mentioned several times on this thread?

I wanna narrow my search towards that end.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 23, 2014
That not possible.u have to be a resident of canada to have a SIN number.your study permit and passport is what u need to present to get one.if u still in naija then I dont know how u can get a SIN o
Klinkiddy: Hi guys! I Was told to submit my SIN (Social Insurance Number) by the school i applied for in canada and i have just submitted my application to the embassy not less than a month. Do i need to apply for the socail insurance number here in nigeria or canada? Info pls.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 23, 2014
parisbluefox: Good morning everyone! Please is it advisable to live in a shared apartment with Chinese guys? In my own opinion, I think they are dirty (Indians too). My apologies, if I sound offensive. I'm yet to find a room and I will be leaving in 8 days time.
Live with Chinese at your own risk. They are just like Indians. I had them as roommates while I was schooling in the UK for my MSc. If you live in school accommodation, you might be lucky if cleaners are provided by the management. Anything else, you are on your own.

yomisley: which province come make sense alberta, and places like Brandon, MB
Brandon is a village(that's what we jokingly call the city). My friend resides there. He and his madam visited me in calgary and never wanted to go back. The only reason he is still in Brandon is to help his brother with provincial PR.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
Generally,the western provinces are good in my opinion but each person will have different perspective.
yomisley: which province come make sense alberta, and places like Brandon, MB
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Gozychuks(m): 11:55pm On Aug 23, 2014
I want to do Msc Occupational health and safety and environmental management can sum1 suggest a good sch n province for me as I would love to work and live there after ny program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by duntano: 12:02am On Aug 24, 2014
hello all.. i have been seeing things like if you have a BSC already you should not do a diploma. i have a bsc computer science but i have never practiced it before and i was working in sales and marketing but i co own a cake biz and my courses are business foundation(1year certificate) and culinary management( 2year diploma).could this be the reason i was denied. i am currently in the process of writing my statement of purpose which i didnt include the 1st time but i read in this thread that it should have been included, but it came to me now maybe it may also be my courses.my end goal has always to be a chef so marketing was just a means to an end.if any1 thinks it could be the courses pls let me know.
thanks
oops i was delayed not refused smiley and the vo stated purpose of visit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lordopsy4jc: 12:14am On Aug 24, 2014
Hello My Ogas in the house please help me with this quick one ...

In the case of getting a CAQ after application to QUEBEC govt. Please how long does it take and is the applicant sent an e-copy
as well to fast-track things instead of waiting for a mailed copy.

@Will appreciate anyone with any experience on this ..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 12:19am On Aug 24, 2014
duntano: hello all.. i have been seeing things like if you have a BSC already you should not do a diploma. i have a bsc computer science but i have never practiced it before and i was working in sales and marketing but i co own a cake biz and my courses are business foundation(1year certificate) and culinary management( 2year diploma).could this be the reason i was denied. i am currently in the process of writing my statement of purpose which i didnt include the 1st time but i read in this thread that it should have been included, but it came to me now maybe it may also be my courses.my end goal has always to be a chef so marketing was just a means to an end.if any1 thinks it could be the courses pls let me know.
thanks
oops i was delayed not refused smiley and the vo stated purpose of visit.

yea duntano, VO usually raises purpose of visit when you either are pursuing a program below or on same level with your academic achievements i.e if you have a bachelors and you wanna go for a diploma or another bachelors and not a masters.This is why you need to write an SOP explaining why you going for the program..Learnt that on this forum too and makes so much sense.
all the best with your refiring!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 12:22am On Aug 24, 2014
Amefrica:

SOA, Biz registration docs, tax clearance etc

I really appreciate the responses I got from everyone..God bless you all.

I hope I can ask more questions as my application proceeds..

#thanks guys..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 12:28am On Aug 24, 2014
akanni:
Pally,check vinnygod's review on Ethiopian above, he had a different experience,quite positive.
It's possible bighead1's mum had a different outlook on flights and has been spoilt by the likes of emirates and co and vinnygod is probably flying for the first time,lol.
you know people have different opinions so, enjoy your flight i am very sure with your fellow flight mates, you guys go rock the plane well.
cheers
lolz
nah it just happened like that during that period cos peeps had the same complain through that season.
but all in all, may God go before you, be with you, and stand by you all during and after ya journey.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by parisbluefox: 12:32am On Aug 24, 2014
What about Newfoundland?

Ottawaguy: Generally,the western provinces are good in my opinion but each person will have different perspective.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by duntano: 12:41am On Aug 24, 2014
akanni:
yea duntano, VO usually raises purpose of visit when you either are pursuing a program below or on same level with your academic achievements i.e if you have a bachelors and you wanna go for a diploma or another bachelors and not a masters.This is why you need to write an SOP explaining why you going for the program..Learnt that on this forum too and makes so much sense.
thanks alot akanni.. will get a superb SOP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by duntano: 12:42am On Aug 24, 2014
akanni:

thanks alot akanni.. will work on producing a superb SOP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DFodio(m): 2:01am On Aug 24, 2014
SavedbyYaweh: Pls what docs does one show at the airport/point of entry asides my passport.
Thanks
your admission letter from your school and your Letter of Introduction from the embassy. Shikena. Hello house. Greetings from Saskatoon

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:12am On Aug 24, 2014
DFodio: your admission letter from your school and your Letter of Introduction from the embassy. Shikena. Hello house. Greetings from Saskatoon
Thanks dear, but the embassy did not give me an LOI
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 2:31am On Aug 24, 2014
emperoracro: pls are u for UG

Let me know how you went about it if you are for UG...

Thanks.,m
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 2:32am On Aug 24, 2014
kanny1: Yea. Seahawk in d house.

are you for UG
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 2:33am On Aug 24, 2014
blink6:
Next academic session....
Are u for MUN?

bro pls holla back.

Thanks.,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 3:37am On Aug 24, 2014
yomisley: hello house i want to ask a question can one chop TRV without travel experience, again i want to apply for my UG for fall admission @ Brandon University, i want to study sociology @ Brandon University, anybody who gain admission should pls tell me how long does it take to be admitted, if you apply for UG course

we plenty for here.,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DFodio(m): 3:51am On Aug 24, 2014
SavedbyYaweh:
Thanks dear, but the embassy did not give me an LOI
it is not a must though. But you can send a mail to them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 4:17am On Aug 24, 2014
toucheli: There is more wisdom in listening than in speaking.."Knowledge gained from observation" (Aristotle, 4th century bce.)

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN.,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 4:19am On Aug 24, 2014
yomisley: hello house i want to ask a question can one chop TRV without travel experience, again i want to apply for my UG for fall admission @ Brandon University, i want to study sociology @ Brandon University, anybody who gain admission should pls tell me how long does it take to be admitted, if you apply for UG

YES BOSS

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.