Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:28 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (854392 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 11:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
kclexa:

If you get admitted into a cheaper school with same or better potential then cross carpet. $14,500 for 2 semester is not small money but that is Canada education for you.

Government schools are cheaper than private schools but they are more difficult to gain admission
Hmmm...... Food for thought. Thanks. What's your take on Humber College (province and tuition)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
Finestlex: . A guy that stays same building with me and also in my skl told me I can work with just my study permit.. I've gotten my SIN number.. How true is that. What does work permit look like @chrigo siga missbon phyz evrryone

@pyhz. Plz I have a situation here that will benefit from your experience. Plz can I have ur bbm pin or email address or your skype id. Please it is important.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 11:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
ChriGo: ....The fact that its 4semesters doesn't mean you have to pay 14,500CAD for 2 semesters.....My course is 4 semester but i'm actually paying tuition fee for 3 semesters....the 4th semester is coop which requires no huge amount of money per say....so check the breakdown of your tuition fee well before ur thought start playing Suwe with you grin......
Lol...... They didn't break it down in my admission letter. How do I know my course requires coop?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
pyhz: I was given my work permit immediately i got to the airport yesterday despite having my visa issued to me in april....so i dnt think its jz those issued after June 1 that can gt thr work permit!

Broz,
Plz I have a situation here that will benefits from your experience. Can I have ur skype id or email address or bb pin. Plz it is important
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by nosdiddy: 11:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
Holu26:

@pyhz. Plz I have a situation here that will benefit from your experience. Plz can I have ur bbm pin or email address or your skype id. Please it is important.

Thanks

Yes as so long u have a SIN, that automatically gives u authorization to engage in any kind of employment. Your employer is gonna request for it before signing any work contract with u. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 11:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
Siga: ... The only advise I have on school is... ONLY PUBLIC SCHOOL ... Changing school is tricky now... cos ur tuition will be paid to the school u change to and u must inform the school u are changing.... I will let guys in school advise u more on that... he don tey wey I lef school... grin
Thanks. Really apr8 ur input.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 11:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
famolino:
Lol...... They didn't break it down in my admission letter. How do I know my course requires coop?
.....Check your course curriculum/list....should be in ur Sch's website....if not then mail the sch ASAP and ask for the breakdown......whats the sch's name again??.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kruxit: 11:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
hey codebreaker where u go? u don contact Fanshawe yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 11:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
ChriGo: .....Check your course curriculum/list....should be in ur Sch's website....if not then mail the sch ASAP and ask for the breakdown......whats the sch's name again??.....
Humber College (lakeshore campus) Business Management
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 11:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
famolino:
... Speak no ill of my beloved School ooo... Proud Alumni here...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyhz: 11:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
Holu26:

Thanks

pm me!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
pyhz:

pm me!

Av been trying to pm u but I don't know how to go about it

Lemme keep trying
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyhz: 11:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
Holu26:

Av been trying to pm u but I don't know how to go about it

Lemme keep trying

click on my username, then click the follow me button n then u can pm me!
av pm'ed u anyway, u shud see dat soon bro!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 11:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
Siga: ... Speak no ill of my beloved School ooo... Proud Alumni here...
Really...... Oga Siga, that's the school I was telling u about na. Tell me more about the school pls

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 11:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
famolino:
Really...... Oga Siga, that's the school I was telling u about na. Tell me more about the school pls
...Its a good school... U will love it... Well known and respected...But... any public college u go in Canada is good...employers mostly look for what u have to offer...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 11:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
chizzy01: tnk God
how you dey
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Finestlex(m): 11:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
Siga: ... For u to secure a SIN... ur study permit must have specified u can work... and right now... All students are allowed to work... so.. u are good... Chrigogo... correct me if I'm wrong...SIN is for records and tax purposes...SIN is what employers use to report your pay ...
. Good to know.... Thanks to you and chrigo.. One love..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
famolino:
....looked it up on Humber's website...if i'm right...is this the link??..... http://www.humber.ca/program/business-management ......If yes then OOPS!!! too bad....You don enter the wrong bus grin.... You can actually get same course for less in Lambton College.....check this link http://lambton.on.ca/Programs/FT_Program_page.aspx?id=2147496155&type=CL .....The tuition fee is $6,600 per semester...you ain't gonna pay huge amount during your 4th semester cuz na coop term...just a token less than $500..Lobatan!!!.....No dey compare yoursef with Oga siga wey dey shiit $$$$$$$$$ oooo....lol......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 11:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
Good evening people. Please for those who have been in Canada for a while, please what network can I use and what's the best plan? I am mighty confused right now. I'm seeing prepaid, pay per use etc. please help a confused sister. God bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 11:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
chichi89: Good evening people. Please for those who have been in Canada for a while, please what network can I use and what's the best plan? I am mighty confused right now. I'm seeing prepaid, pay per use etc. please help a confused sister. God bless.
... Don't do pay per use ok.... go for Koodo... u should be ok...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 11:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
Amefrica:

See as you con leave me for here?! angry There's God ooo.

Welcome to Mapleland! cheesy kiss
haha. You will come soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 11:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
Siga: ...Its a good school... U will love it... Well known and respected...But... any public college u go in Canada is good...employers mostly look for what u have to offer...
Guess I have to settle for that then.... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 11:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
pyhz:

click on my username, then click the follow me button n then u can pm me!
av pm'ed u anyway, u shud see dat soon bro!

Alright I av pm u
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 12:00am On Aug 30, 2014
Siga: ... Don't do pay per use ok.... go for Koodo... u should be ok...
okay thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 30, 2014
chichi89: haha. You will come soon.

Sure! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 12:06am On Aug 30, 2014
bjoseph: Welcome to the land of endless opportunities. Though You are to school in waterloo, but you will not meet your waterloo
amen. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 12:06am On Aug 30, 2014
ChriGo: ....looked it up on Humber's website...if i'm right...is this the link??..... http://www.humber.ca/program/business-management ......If yes then OOPS!!! too bad....You don enter the wrong bus grin.... You can actually get same course for less in Lambton College.....check this link http://lambton.on.ca/Programs/FT_Program_page.aspx?id=2147496155&type=CL .....The tuition fee is $6,600 per semester...you ain't gonna pay huge amount during your 4th semester cuz na coop term...just a token less than $500..Lobatan!!!.....No dey compare yoursef with Oga siga wey dey shiit $$$$$$$$$ oooo....lol......
Wow!!! Interesting..... How do I go about it if I want to change school, now that I'm using Humber admission letter to apply for TRV?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 12:08am On Aug 30, 2014
chichi89: okay thank you!
...Make sure u ask enough question from the guys at the stands... every single question... U should be fine... best plans can be as high as $50 a month... so it depends how how much u use the phone...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 12:12am On Aug 30, 2014
Oga Siga, I think now I get your point about public schools. My 2 semester tuition covers the whole 2years course in Lambton.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by OmobaNL(m): 12:14am On Aug 30, 2014
Finestlex: OmobaNL I like your spirit... We looking forward to your arrival.. Amen

thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 12:18am On Aug 30, 2014
famolino:
Wow!!! Interesting..... How do I go about it if I want to change school, now that I'm using Humber admission letter to apply for TRV?
....If the link i posted for humber college is right then why use it to apply for TRV?...Its just an ordinary diploma course not a Postgraduate diploma course....Check well sha.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 12:20am On Aug 30, 2014
famolino: Oga Siga, I think now I get your point about public schools. My 2 semester tuition covers the whole 2years course in Lambton.
....Humber college too is a public school...Not all public schs are cheap grin....

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.