Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? (7726 Views)

Can You Sleep With Your Brother/sister In The Same Room? / Naija Girls Says Nothing Wrong In Having More Than one Boyfriend... SHOCKING!!! / Getting Signals From Sister In Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by harffie(m): 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
I recently approached my BIG brother and his wife
to inform them about my decision to marry the wife's younger sister,
they were both against it.

I rushed to inform my mum, she was also against it.
Why can't i marry my sister in law?
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by sexylogan(m): 7:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
harffie: I recently approached my BIG brother and his wife
to inform them about my decision to marry the wife's younger sister,
they were both against it.

I rushed to inform my mum, she was also against it.
Why can't i marry my sister in law?

I don't see any problem with it.
Didnt they all know u wer dating her?
As long as you both love each other, I don't see why you shouldn't get married.
Perhaps, their family brought up their daughters well hence the reason why your elder bro saw marriage
characters in her elder sis and now u are seeing the same in the younger sis.
If she's yours, God will make a way.
Keep praying and having faith.

Abi dem know say you be player?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by ochon: 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
Because you guys are now relations/cousins. Not cool bro, unless your traditions allows it, mine doesn't though.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tis not right to do that, wen ur bro married her sis, u guys become family... So u see her as ur sister, not as just any kind of gal n learn to treat her as ur sis too.. So forget 'bout marrying her
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by dre11(m): 8:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
Is it ur sister-Inlaw that u open ur first thread onundecided
so u have confirm if she really loved u ba!!!

Anyway, in my culture..... its a taboo ooooo
but, u can go on if ur culture allows for that
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by harffie(m): 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
polymathic: Tis not right to do that, wen ur bro married her sis, u guys become family... So u see her as ur sister, not as just any kind of gal n learn to treat her as ur sis too.. So forget 'bout marrying her
Can I touch her at least?
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by sexylogan(m): 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
harffie:

Haba guy, me wey dey root for you...? undecided
Are you sure you want to marry her or u just wanna get in btw her legs?
You fall my hand oh...
angry

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
harffie:
think of it as touching ur sis, I also av this pretty sis in law too I would love to date, I only blame my bro for marrying the sis.. He shld av dated her n let her go. But life goes on naa

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by harffie(m): 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
sexylogan:

Haba guy, me wey dey root for you...? undecided
Are you sure you want to marry her or u just wanna get in btw her legs?
You fall my hand oh...
angry
hmm.. just asking though... embarassed embarassed
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by sheunfemix: 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
Its not wrong joor. U two are not blood related
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by Dubby6(m): 8:53pm On Aug 10, 2014
I dnt think its wrong sha
but nairalanders dey sha grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by Lorlaahlozz: 8:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
Its not right
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by dahmie2013: 9:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
sheunfemix: Its not wrong joor. U two are not blood related

I tire o! Laer dey'll say husband or wife is scarce. Wat of countries were cousin's marry?
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by Olusanya333(m): 9:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Its not right
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by sheunfemix: 9:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
dahmie2013:

I tire o! Laer dey'll say husband or wife is scarce. Wat of countries were cousin's marry?
yea like Indian and Chinese
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by Ivanspring(f): 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
Though there's no law against it, its not acceptable in most parts of Nigeria.
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by danchuzzy(m): 10:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by wizard007(m): 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode] BS!!! I am waiting for (only brother) to get married, make I see person wey go hold me if my future sister in-law fine, wether na my mama born am dem go talk,

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by busky101(m): 10:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
polymathic: Tis not right to do that, wen ur bro married her sis, u guys become family... So u see her as ur sister, not as just any kind of gal n learn to treat her as ur sis too.. So forget 'bout marrying her
u sound retarded, what makes us family?
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 11, 2014
busky101: u sound retarded, what makes us family?
Huh? Retarded? Don't like such words bro... Just ask peeps le' em tell u wat ur sis in law is to u.. She's become of a part of your family if u dnt know
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by jnrbayano(m): 8:23am On Aug 11, 2014
1. If not for your big brother you won't know the girl in question and her family.

2. If not that the girl's elder sister/your big brother's wife accepted to marry your big brother, you also won't have known the girl in question.

3. If not that your mum hadn't given birth to your elder brother, No 1 and No 2 above won't be possible.

So, as the three (your big brother, your big brother's wife AKA your sister inlaw and your mother) did not approve your marriage move for the girl in question (your sister inlaw 2) mellow down and look for another lady.

It is their divine right to disapprove. They are well within their rights to do that.
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by Tymax(m): 8:36am On Aug 11, 2014
She is your sister-in-law for crying out loud. Man look elsewhere joor.
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by dasparrow: 9:54am On Aug 11, 2014
sheunfemix: yea like Indian and Chinese

Yep, that is why some of them give birth to children with werewolf syndrome and many other things I just can't explain.

@Post

There are 6 billion people on this planet. Roughly 50% of that population are women. You mean to tell me you cannot find a wife out there? It has to be your sister-in-law's junior sister? My advice: Kindly go for deliverance because that demonic spirit of lust should not have an upper hand over your life.
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by busky101(m): 11:24am On Aug 11, 2014
polymathic: Huh? Retarded? Don't like such words bro... Just ask peeps le' em tell u wat ur sis in law is to u.. She's become of a part of your family if u dnt know
buh u are willing to bleep her secretly but u wnt get married to her cos she is family
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by TRADELYN: 11:59am On Aug 11, 2014
I dey see 'Yes' or 'No'...please back it up with objective reasons (Facts and Figures).

*Researching...*
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by nestaAK(m): 12:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hmmmm...

It would have been a different if you αnd your
Brother were twin, as I have seen twin marry twin or sisters, but this is not the case to be bro leave

It just screams taboo even when its not stayed in any cultural book
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by mexzony: 12:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
Excuse me but a lot of people here are talking nonsense.
They are not blood related as only when they are blood related it becomes a taboo.
Have you not seen two brothers marrying two sisters before.
If memory serves me right the musical group mamuzi brothers married twin sisters(I stand to be corrected).
I today it is only when you are blood related that it is a taboo but as long as you are not related by blood then you can marry that person.
Stop this "she is your sister in law" all that is just grammer

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by mexzony: 12:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
nestaAK: Hmmmm...

It would have been a different if you αnd your
Brother were twin, as I have seen twin marry twin or sisters, but this is not the case to be bro leave

It just screams taboo even when its not stayed in any cultural book
Excuse me twin or no twin are they not brothers .lets just stop trying to be unnecessarily clever.they are brothers and so cam marry sisters if they want.
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by lwise(m): 3:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
@OP
Stop that nonsense,girls full everywhere...
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
busky101: buh u are willing to bleep her secretly but u wnt get married to her cos she is family
Nah, don't like secrecy at all.. Like it in d open n wouldn't wanna do that with my sis in law
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by harffie(m): 8:47am On Aug 12, 2014
jnrbayano: 1. If not for your big brother you won't know the girl in question and her family.

2. If not that the girl's elder sister/your big brother's wife accepted to marry your big brother, you also won't have known the girl in question.

3. If not that your mum hadn't given birth to your elder brother, No 1 and No 2 above won't be possible.

So, as the three (your big brother, your big brother's wife AKA your sister inlaw and your mother) did not approve your marriage move for the girl in question (your sister inlaw 2) mellow down and look for another lady.

It is their divine right to disapprove. They are well within their rights to do that.
All these analysis sef don discourage me! Thanks though
Re: What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? by jnrbayano(m): 8:51am On Aug 12, 2014
harffie:
All these analysis sef don discourage me! Thanks though

But it's true

Please stay discouraged

smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Nairaland Beautiful Ladies / Instagram Celebrity Shows Off Her Big Breast Without Bra. See Photos / Guys Don't Get Married Without Visiting Uyo In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.