Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Alert!! EBOLA Can Be Spread By AIRBORNE DROPLETS!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alert!! EBOLA Can Be Spread By AIRBORNE DROPLETS!! (1039 Views)

Chek Out The Lies Spread By An Iranian Tv Station About The Shia Attack - Video / Full Meaning Of "Gmb"--------so Funny And Must Be Spread / Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alert!! EBOLA Can Be Spread By AIRBORNE DROPLETS!! by citizenisb: 2:03am On Aug 11, 2014
http://johngaltfla.com/wordpress/2014/08/10/cdc-changes-risk-criteria-for-ebola-transmission-to-being-in-the-same-room-or-within-3-feet-of-infected-individual/

The key extract is contained within the second image which says:

Low risk exposures
A low risk exposure includes any of the following

Household member or other casual contact1 with an EVD patient

Providing patient care or casual contact1 without high-risk exposure with EVD patients in health care facilities in EVD outbreak affected countries*

The footnote (1) which is highlighted in the section above says the following:

1 Casual contact is defined as a) being within approximately 3 feet (1 meter) or within the room or care area for a prolonged period of time (e.g., healthcare personnel, household members) while not wearing recommended personal protective equipment (i.e., droplet and contact precautions–see Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations); or b) having direct brief contact (e.g., shaking hands) with an EVD case while not wearing recommended personal protective equipment (i.e., droplet and contact precautions–see Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations). At this time, brief interactions, such as walking by a person or moving through a hospital, do not constitute casual contact.
Re: Alert!! EBOLA Can Be Spread By AIRBORNE DROPLETS!! by 1stola: 3:48am On Aug 11, 2014
As a Laboratory Technologist, I am still willing to help... I have written to many top government health agencies through their website and still waiting on their response.
I will really love to work with anyone or group working on any medication for preventions or cure of the diseases or to help take care of Ebola patients.
I wouldn't mind to travel to any African country where the disease has killed lots of people.
This is not a public stunt! I just want to contribute my quarter in order to curtail this 'epidermic'
#Somebody just have to do something before this thing gets out of hands
I'm currently working in a private research laboratory and, I'll just love to volunteer.
Should anyone here have any information or link, please help!

my link

https://www.nairaland.com/1847993/love-volunteer-take-care-ebola

1 Like

Re: Alert!! EBOLA Can Be Spread By AIRBORNE DROPLETS!! by citizenisb: 7:15am On Aug 13, 2014
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-12/one-question-about-ebola-nobody-can-seem-answer

Submitted by Michael Snyder of The Economic Collapse blog,

How in the world is it possible that more than 170 health workers have been infected by the Ebola virus? That is the one question about Ebola that nobody can seem to answer. The World Health Organization is reporting this as a fact, but no explanation is given as to why this is happening.

We are just assured that Ebola “is not airborne” and that getting infected “requires close contact with the bodily fluids of an infected person”. If this is true, then how have more than 170 health workers caught the disease? These workers are dressed head to toe in suits that are specifically designed to prevent the spread of the virus.

So how is this happening? I could understand a handful of “mistakes” by health workers, but this is unlike anything that we have ever seen in the history of infectious diseases. These health workers take extraordinary precautions to keep from getting the virus. If it is spreading so easily to them, what chance is the general population going to have?
Re: Alert!! EBOLA Can Be Spread By AIRBORNE DROPLETS!! by stevecantrell: 8:12am On Aug 13, 2014
If ebola doesn't spread, how will the owners of bio-tech companies like Mapp make billions on the stock market ? ie billions without selling a single drug. That's why they can afford to give away all their free samples.

The money will be made quickly, in short strategic trades by super computers on the stock market.

(1) (Reply)

Genesis Of Ebola Virus / How I Slaughtered Yoruba Leader In Kano’ / Top 5 Apc Contenders For Fashola's Job!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.