Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

13 Things Every Young Person Should Know - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know (27293 Views)

10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women / Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by pyrated: 3:41am On Aug 11, 2014
1. “Growing up” doesn’t suck. It’s a time of learning and adjusting.

2. You were only friends with the majority of your school friends because you were forced to be with them seven hours a day, five days a week. There’s gonna be some separation, and the true friends will stick around.

3. Absolutely nobody owes you any-fucking-thing. Not your mom or your dad, your grandparents, your teachers—nobody. Get off your ass and work for what you want.

4. Take advice when you can get it. There are plenty of adults who are more than happy to give you their two cents on any given life topic. Take advantage of their wisdom and stop being so damn stubborn.

5. For the singles; Acting bitter toward the lovey-dovey couples you always see around is the reason why you’re single. No need to be judgmental of others’ relationships…focus on you and your nonexistent relationship.

6. Your nonexistent relationship is completely all right. Take time to truly get to know yourself before you begin to incorporate a whole new person into the picture.

7. Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, etc. are awesome ways to keep up with friends, but you must realize that social media is where people share the best part of their lives. You don’t see their burnt dinners, their ugly breakups, their failed exams or posts about how much weight they have gained. Stop using it as a medium to compare lives.

8. As much as paying rent sucks, at least you have the opportunity to do it. But, umm, pitching up a tent in the corner of the park next to the hobos is oh-so-tempting.

9. Relying on a significant other to bring happiness into your life leads to countless tubs of ice cream, lonesome pizza binging, and a couple of tears. But mainly the first two.

10. Family first. And family doesn’t automatically mean blood related. “Blood is thicker than water,” but ketchup is thicker than blood, so what does that mean? French fries first, duh.

11. You may have it hard, but somebody has it harder, and they aren’t making up excuses as to why they can’t do something. They are making shit happen. Go make shit happen.

12. It is not necessary to document everything you do on social media. You don’t need to put your whole life on display. Unplug yourself and have a little bit of fun.

13. Saving money is probably a good idea and all. However, the tighter you hold onto your money, the more stress it’s going to bring you. Money comes and goes; it’s OK to splurge on random shit every once in a while!

Source: http://www.radar.ng/art-life/13-things-every-young-person-should-know/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=13-things-every-young-person-should-know

67 Likes

Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by KeMeTRocky(m): 4:12am On Aug 11, 2014
most niggas already know this bruh..

most of this sh1t is common sense like all that bullshit in the bible...

4 Likes

Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by Nobody: 4:33am On Aug 11, 2014
noted
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by LMAyedun(m): 5:41am On Aug 11, 2014
Words from the gods!
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by lonelydora: 5:43am On Aug 11, 2014
ok
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by alaladakosta(f): 5:43am On Aug 11, 2014
H
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by DEGREE2466(m): 5:45am On Aug 11, 2014
Op a quick summary of your post

1. Some of the things you wrote there we are all aware.

2. You saying nobody owes you anything is a fallacy. How can you justify the fact that a child is born in this hostile world and left with little or nothing to survive on Dawn it, your parents owe you their parental responsibility both financially, emotionally, spiritually etc. So i disagree with you on that.

3. Couples who do lovey-dovey as you put it could be nausetting if they choose to do it in the public and in an inapproriate way so it can never be a reason someone is single.

4. Social network as far as i am concern has been overemphasized. Before the introduction on internet and social media there has been many jobless lazy people even during the era of St. Paul so?

20 Likes

Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by Eobiabo(m): 5:45am On Aug 11, 2014
I am loving this

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by Dygeasy(m): 5:45am On Aug 11, 2014
DEGREE2466: Op a quick summary of your post

3. Couples who do lovey-dovey as you put it could be nausetting if they choose to do it in the public and in an inapproriate way so it can never be a reason someone is single.

So you find it nauseating that I choose to kiss my babe in front of you at a bus-stop?

How far guy? River Niger don dry? Jump inside na.

Abi na third mainland bridge you prefer?

Aproko ninja. lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 11, 2014
I'm tired of this list of things or thing of lists one need to know or not know, do or not do

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by chymystique(f): 5:48am On Aug 11, 2014
waiting for 13 Things every Older Person should know..... ¤Yawns¤ BTW, Me I so hate it when people do that number 12

5 Likes

Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by Chidex2442(m): 5:49am On Aug 11, 2014
Nice write up thumbs up op....
I like this
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by Marv650(m): 5:52am On Aug 11, 2014
story for the godz

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by lonelydora: 5:55am On Aug 11, 2014
Nice write up
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by nymphomaniac(m): 5:56am On Aug 11, 2014
If only our 21st century youths know this...everyone wants to be the next wizkid or davido...
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by GoldStandard: 5:56am On Aug 11, 2014
Same write-up, different thread!!!!!! Pfft
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by GoldStandard: 5:57am On Aug 11, 2014
The other side of me says: this kinda threads need to make fp every now & then so we can remind ourselves & the newbies on NL of reality.... I mean, We bathe everyday right?? My point exactlywink

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by Adenugay(m): 5:58am On Aug 11, 2014
g
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by algorithmz(m): 6:01am On Aug 11, 2014
This list is bullshit. op are you not aware of what's called intuition

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by Barselonia(m): 6:01am On Aug 11, 2014
Alright
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by Penuelseun(m): 6:05am On Aug 11, 2014
Every young person should know that procastination is the thief of time, so avoid it like a plague

5 Likes

Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by KeMeTRocky(m): 6:06am On Aug 11, 2014
algorithmz: This list is bullshit. op are you not aware of what's called intuition
seriously bruh..

are these niggas ret@rded?..
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by KillerBeauty(f): 6:15am On Aug 11, 2014
Cool/awesome tips
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by gerrardomendes(m): 6:19am On Aug 11, 2014
alaladakosta: H
H for hopeless.
Adenugay: g
G for goat.

4 Likes

Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by jieta: 6:19am On Aug 11, 2014
KeMeTRocky: most niggas already know this bruh..

most of this sh1t is common sense like all that bullshit in the bible...

comment like this cause religious conflict

7 Likes

Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 11, 2014
just say Thank you to the ops and move on rather than complaining...
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by kekakuz(m): 6:36am On Aug 11, 2014
how many of you can remembered all this on your own
common sense fire
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by Alexgeneration(m): 6:36am On Aug 11, 2014
Ok we've heard
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by dridowu: 6:42am On Aug 11, 2014
Ok
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 11, 2014
Seen.
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by Lordseyad(m): 6:49am On Aug 11, 2014
k
Re: 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know by Neroanna(f): 6:54am On Aug 11, 2014
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Share Your Challenges As A First-born / Children Talk On How To Molest And Kill A Girl (Video) / Woman And Her Four Children Die In Jos House Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.