Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,241 members, 7,953,911 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:48 AM

Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? (8936 Views)

What Kind Of Food Can One Give An Under-weight Picky Eater Toddler? / My Ex Would Rather Remain Single, Than Make Up With Me. Am I So Bad?? / Jazzman Needed--am Serious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by jaybeyblu: 7:24am On Aug 11, 2014
Here is it: I met this guy mid last year, and he asked me out took my no, tried calling me but I was in a rship then so I didn't give him a chance. This year I broke up with my bf,2 mnths later this same guy that I met last year started calling me and was telling me that he has always loved me and he wants to marry me, I was suggesting we get to know each other 1st, he said ok, but I noticed the info he gives me about him self is very sketchy: he told me he works with a poular oil coy and he goes offshore 6months on and 6months off, so I asked him his offshore location and I am familiar with where most coy locations are but his story dosnt add up, he tells me he is travelling to uk today and I don't hear from him for a month and then I get a msg 'I just got back to nigeria' out of the blues. I have a feeling he lies a lot, and another aspect is that when he calls and maybe I was in a meeting he would keep calling till I pick, I wld go to d bathroom b4 I am back 80missed calls, I have only seen him 3 times, he is in a nearby city and can easily come if he wants to. My question is: if he is really serious won't he be very regular coming over to my town to see me? This is d 5th month since we started talking on phone, instead he wld call me go to so place go and collect this go and collect that, I told him that he shld stop sending me on so much errands, he would insist I leave my work, I should take permission, when I refused he started shouting at me that he wonders what is giving me wings, cos of that statement I hung up on him and refused to pick his calls and for 1 whole week my phone rung none stop I mean 24 hours a day my phone is ringing I cldnt receive any calls my phone was useless, when he calls he must question me, what happened I called u, I told him to stop questioning me, we are always quarelling he calls me always but I have told him we r not just compactable dat we shd be better of as friend but my friends tell me I may be so harsh towards him. Initially when he stared calling the only talk is what is the colour of ur pants, I would be like its 7am and I am at work, pls stop he wld be like this girl I am telling u that I am Hot and u are saying another thing u are not serious to settle down. he told my sister that I am very rude which I admit when he gets on my nerves but nairalanders am I over reacting?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by beeevan: 7:30am On Aug 11, 2014
This guy is a freak, his name and marriage should not be in the same sentence. I doubt if he has a job undecided.

24 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by dahmie2013: 7:33am On Aug 11, 2014
Pls leave d guy already, seems he has a problem. U'll be better off on ur own dear.
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 11, 2014
80 missed calls??
Is d guy dat jobless?

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by EfemenaXY: 7:39am On Aug 11, 2014
I find it worrisome that having told us all this, about your supposed "friend", you wonder if you're over-reacting? Like seriously? How old are you?

Listen, from the sound of it, this guy is dangerous, and I mean it. He definitely is unbalanced. 80 missed calls in one day? You've got a schizophrenic patient hot on your heels and if you aren't careful, he'll either r@pe you, or kill you. It's not a question of "when" but "how soon".

You know nothing of his personal life, only what he tells you, so basically, he is untraceable. He definitely isn't who or what he claims to be...and I'm quite certain you don't know his real name or true identity.

Please sister, if you love your life, ditch this immature boy fast. And the so called friends of yours who are obviously misleading you.

There are no duplicates in / of life.

30 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by jaybeyblu: 7:40am On Aug 11, 2014
Another time , he told me he has a gift for me, kept talking that he has to send the gift across to me, he had to give it to my dad who was coming over to my city, kept over emphasizing about the gift and all that, so when I got the gift I saw it was airline pyjamas! (With qatar airline business class written all over it)I felt insulted but I thanked him anyways. I was very loving when we started talking but now I am just plain rude. My bestfriend told me to play along but I just can't. Am I wrong?
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 11, 2014
Just STOP, dont even think twice, dont think "I am not getting any younger", Having ANYTHING to do with this guy smells disaster.Block his number, dont pick his calls or talk to him anymore.

Picky ke? Is this how bad we have pressured girls to accept anything so much so that a clear fraud and stalker would be regarded even with the remote possibility of being a "Husband"?

Please forget the "I want to marry you trash" and walk never turn back.

11 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 11, 2014
jaybeyblu: Another time , he told me he has a gift for me, kept talking that he has to send the gift across to me, he had to give it to my dad who was coming over to my city, kept over emphasizing about the gift and all that, so when I got the gift I saw it was airline pyjamas! (With qatar airline business class written all over it)I felt insulted but I thanked him anyways. I was very loving when we started talking but now I am just plain rude. My bestfriend told me to play along but I just can't. Am I wrong?

Your friend must be a retard (sorry for that) play along and do what? The more I read the more upset I become, play along for what? Just stop abeg

11 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Tallesty1(m): 7:49am On Aug 11, 2014
My dear........blacklist him. He is jobless, senseless and too bossy. Those are no good signs at all. He will start beating you one day.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by bellong: 7:57am On Aug 11, 2014
Please report the stalker to the police and delete him forever in your memory.

He has potential to be abusive and he will monitor hell out of your life.

It doesn't take rocket science to know that things are not right for a lifetime journey.

Run for your dear life...

9 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by GentleMimi: 8:03am On Aug 11, 2014
Overreacting? Hmmm,babe! You are not ooo. Infact,i gotta applaud u for ur patience. The fact that i do not trust a guy's motives should be enough reasons to kick him out of my life,talkless of him breathing down my neck. I hate jealous and overprotective men. It might seem romantic when u are in courtship,but it turns into something evil when it becomes a permanent or long term relationship.
He is shouting at you,not permitting u any breather,telling u abt marriage even when u guys are mere strangers,asking the colour of pants.....need i say more? Use ur tongue to count your teeth.
But i wld have loved to hear frm the guy too,maybe his perspective might be different from what u're relaying to us.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Saraha1(f): 8:07am On Aug 11, 2014
My sister please in the name of God if all what you wrote are nothing but the truth, then I suggest you run fast as your leg can take you.
Is only a jobless man that would have time to call a lady for such long hours non stop.
Don't be surprise if he has a wife already.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by EfemenaXY: 8:07am On Aug 11, 2014
jaybeyblu: Another time , he told me he has a gift for me, kept talking that he has to send the gift across to me, he had to give it to my dad who was coming over to my city, kept over emphasizing about the gift and all that, so when I got the gift I saw it was airline pyjamas! (With qatar airline business class written all over it)I felt insulted but I thanked him anyways. I was very loving when we started talking but now I am just plain rude. My bestfriend told me to play along but I just can't. Am I wrong?

This is just story-story.

You're in a dead end relationship with a psychopath. Your first post says it all. We're mature enough to read between the lines and you've been given the best advice so far by married folks. Everything thing else is jara (i.e: airline pyjamas, etc, etc).

Or is there any particular reason you feel you should cling onto someone who is a definite no-no?

His money perhaps?

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 11, 2014
I can relate to this story....
Just leave him, he is insecured.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 11, 2014
Poster please Indulge me, WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU FIND ATTRACTIVE IN THIS GUY THAT MAKES YOU HOLD ON

?

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Enahi(f): 8:21am On Aug 11, 2014
@Op dump him fast and thank your instincts. My instincts has saved me from lots of unnecessary time wasting relationships,I can feel it when a Man is not been truthful and that has helped me to ignore and stay away from such Men.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 11, 2014
RUN.
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by breadplanets(f): 8:25am On Aug 11, 2014
Run for your life!
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Saraha1(f): 8:44am On Aug 11, 2014
Enahi: @Op dump him fast and thank your instincts. My instincts has saved me from lots of unnecessary time wasting relationships,I can feel it when a Man is not been truthful and that has helped me to ignore and stay away from such Men.
my sister that is the spirit.
Some people just find pleasure in lieing, let your A be A, nobody would kill you for saying the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by jaybeyblu: 8:50am On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2: Poster please Indulge me, WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU FIND ATTRACTIVE IN THIS GUY THAT MAKES YOU HOLD ON

?
I am not dating him I told him off like I stated in my post he just keeps calling. Thanks
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 11, 2014
Tell him to stop calling you, stand your ground and stop picking if he calls you. Run for your life op, can't you see the handwriting on the wall?
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by jideomowunmi(f): 9:06am On Aug 11, 2014
Na wa oo...seeing all of dis visible signs..i wonder wa advice u asking for again...are all of dis not clear enough for u...? undecided undecided undecided undecided...wait till he starts asking u for nude pictures... sad
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 11, 2014
jaybeyblu:
I am not dating him I told him off like I stated in my post he just keeps calling. Thanks
Please is there no block settings on your phone. Or rather you put him on reject list. Please do that as soon as possible. You are liberal o, if na me I for din block you tey tey.
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by breathless(m): 9:32am On Aug 11, 2014
OP. Run for dear life if it means anything to. That guy is worse than Ebola.
Don't let anyone talk you into considering his proposal. He's obviously fake from your narration. Cut off all links with him.
You've been warned.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 11, 2014
jaybeyblu:

Block him and move on.
Reading your previous posts, I urge you not to be too hard on yourself, there are all sorts out there and you may kiss some frogs but Prince Charming exists believe me. No, you are not too picky you have standards something everyone should have.

I know you will be feeling as if something is wrong with you meeting men like this, You are fine at least you are sensible enough to know none of this is normal.

I wish you the best, am sure we will read your testimony soon

7 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by jaybeyblu: 10:09am On Aug 11, 2014
Icherishu:
Please is there no block settings on your phone. Or rather you put him on reject list. Please do that as soon as possible. You are liberal o, if na me I for din block you tey tey.

Thank you so much! I would block him asap.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by jaybeyblu: 10:10am On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

Block him and move on.
Reading your previous posts, I urge you not to be too hard on yourself, there are all sorts out there and you may kiss some frogs but Prince Charming exists believe me. No, you are not too picky you have standards something everyone should have.

I know you will be feeling as if something is wrong with you meeting men like this, You are fine at least you are sensible enough to know none of this is normal.

I wish you the best, am sure we will read your testimony soon
Thank you sis! God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 11, 2014
jaybeyblu: Another time , he told me he has a gift for me, kept talking that he has to send the gift across to me, he had to give it to my dad who was coming over to my city, kept over emphasizing about the gift and all that, so when I got the gift I saw [b]it was airline pyjamas! (With qatar airline business class written all over it)[/b]I felt insulted but I thanked him anyways. I was very loving when we started talking but now I am just plain rude. My bestfriend told me to play along but I just can't. Am I wrong?

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin

The guy must have collected it from one of his friends or relatives who went on a trip. He's not even smart to begin with. undecided

I bet you are educated and enlightened, why do you have to stoop so low undecided

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 11, 2014

This guy is obviously using you . . . and it will only get worse if your commit yourself to him.

A friend of mine recently had a nasty encounter with a guy like him. Like your guy, his story never added up. He would say he's travelling to the US and keeps calling her with his Nigerian number . . yet when you ask him questions about roaming he draws a total blank!!! He claims he has a job, yet he's ALWAYS idle . . . never busy. Always wanting to chat e.t.c Snapping with different cars everyday and claiming they are his.

After months of online/phone-call dating, he insisted she pays him a visit. I told her to think about it . . . someone you only met once, he wants to marry you and yet can't take the time to come pay you a visit? Didn't even bother to send her any transport, claiming he'll refund her on arrival.

At a point my firnd thought I was trying to 'block her happiness' . . . I didn't want her to enjoy marital life with me embarassed embarassed

So I let her go . . . .

In the end, the man picked her from the park, took her to 'his house' . . (a place I bet he borrowed from his friends) . . . they has s3x all night long and in the morning he told her he had to go out of town for one night for a 'work emergency'. Since she had a relative in Lagos, he begged her to go stay with them for one night so she can return to his apartment when he gets back.

He took her in 'his car' and dropped her off at her cousin's place and that was the last time she saw him.

He switched off his phones for ONE WEEK!!!

My friend had no choice but to return to her base . . . Her T/fare wasted, s3x all night for free and to top it all, the shame!!!

All these could have been avoided if she read the hand writing on the wall and trusted her instincts . . . .

5 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by baralatie(m): 10:37am On Aug 11, 2014
Harbosede02: 80 missed calls??
Is d guy dat jobless?
jobber less!
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by baralatie(m): 10:39am On Aug 11, 2014
jaybeyblu: Here is it: I met this guy mid last year, and he asked me out took my no, tried calling me but I was in a rship then so I didn't give him a chance. This year I broke up with my bf,2 mnths later this same guy that I met last year started calling me and was telling me that he has always loved me and he wants to marry me, I was suggesting we get to know each other 1st, he said ok, but I noticed the info he gives me about him self is very sketchy: he told me he works with a poular oil coy and he goes offshore 6months on and 6months off, so I asked him his offshore location and I am familiar with where most coy locations are but his story dosnt add up, he tells me he is travelling to uk today and I don't hear from him for a month and then I get a msg 'I just got back to nigeria' out of the blues. I have a feeling he lies a lot, and another aspect is that when he calls and maybe I was in a meeting he would keep calling till I pick, I wld go to d bathroom b4 I am back 80missed calls, I have only seen him 3 times, he is in a nearby city and can easily come if he wants to. My question is: if he is really serious won't he be very regular coming over to my town to see me? This is d 5th month since we started talking on phone, instead he wld call me go to so place go and collect this go and collect that, I told him that he shld stop sending me on so much errands, he would insist I leave my work, I should take permission, when I refused he started shouting at me that he wonders what is giving me wings, cos of that statement I hung up on him and refused to pick his calls and for 1 whole week my phone rung none stop I mean 24 hours a day my phone is ringing I cldnt receive any calls my phone was useless, when he calls he must question me, what happened I called u, I told him to stop questioning me, we are always quarelling he calls me always but I have told him we r not just compactable dat we shd be better of as friend but my friends tell me I may be so harsh towards him. Initially when he stared calling the only talk is what is the colour of ur pants, I would be like its 7am and I am at work, pls stop he wld be like this girl I am telling u that I am Hot and u are saying another thing u are not serious to settle down. he told my sister that I am very rude which I admit when he gets on my nerves but nairalanders am I over reacting?
run for ya life!
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by bellong: 10:51am On Aug 11, 2014
Ujujoan:

Your friend deserves a "first order mugun" award.... grin grin.

That was a clean emotional and body fraud....

I hope she is married now?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Wife Can Accept This? / INTERIOR WALLPAPER AND 3D WALLPANEL / Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.