Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,616 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Can You Die For Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can You Die For Nigeria? (10621 Views)

Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC / Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) / I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Die For Nigeria? by messiah(m): 2:15pm On Jul 22, 2006
I remember about four to five years ago when this question was asked on our good ol' Sunday Sunday tonic,the evening Newsline then presented by Frank Olize.I was surprised how varied the answers of fellow Nigerians were.I am sure you will also be surprised at our candid answers.
Please,be as honest as the question deserves.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by eveseh(f): 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2006
yea,
y not
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by edygirl(f): 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2006
No I will die for you grin grin grin
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by sweetnini(f): 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2006
the president can't die for the country so y should i?
when d country will recognise itself and the leaders will change
then and only then would i die for nigeria

i wont even die for it then sef
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by sweetnini(f): 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2006
Eve u r not even a nigerian
so wat do u know bout dying for it
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by eveseh(f): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2006
@sweetnini,LOl

it doesnt matter we are all da same african,

i'll so die for my land and also for nigerian
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Seun(m): 4:49pm On Jul 22, 2006
I don't really understand why people claim to want to die for Nigeria.

The only person worth dying for is someone who would gladly die for you. There is no country that will agree to be destroyed to save the life of an individual, therefore there's no country worth dying for. If Bush won't die for America, why should you want to die for Nigeria? If you love Nigeria so much, then live for Nigeria!

Se also 'What Can You Die For?' and 'Would You Die For Your Lover'?
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by saintchux(m): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2006
Why should I die for Nigeria??
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by retro(f): 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2006
Hell no. I'lld never do that. I've got better things to die for than a country!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by hoodboi(m): 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2006
ko jo mein, die for naija fer what? but if it's a matter that wud wipe out d whole nation i wud consider it
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by krazysage(m): 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2006
I will, as long as i get 30 beautiful virgins in heaven.

Just joking.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by ikamefa(f): 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2006
die for 9ja? mba oh na winch? shocked which kind funny bix be that?
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 22, 2006
no
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by kokocious(m): 5:39pm On Jul 22, 2006
Dying for Nigeria is not the problem, what honor does this country give to the past Hereos that died for Nigeria, Abeg i no fit die for a country that has nothing to offer to me self when i dey life, The President can't die for Nigeria na beans? shocked abeg forget am,
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by zeb(m): 6:09pm On Jul 22, 2006
Die, die, die, die for nigeria
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by diddy4(m): 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2006
never. kapish
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Chxta(m): 6:30pm On Jul 22, 2006
Maybe I could die for Naija. Depending on the situation.

But to be frank, it would be pretty difficult for one to lay down one's life for Naija as it is currently constituted and run, when you know that if you die for the country that you will be forgotten.

But if things such as this continue to happen, we will slowly develop a sense of national pride. And it is national pride that gives people the zeal to consider making the supreme sacrifice for their country.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by luvlymoi(f): 7:03pm On Jul 22, 2006
never!!!! thats final, wats the use, all the people that died for nigeria just died and nothing changed in the country.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by shawna(f): 7:06pm On Jul 22, 2006
if its worth dying for i think i would!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by sweetnini(f): 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2006
@shawna
its not worth dying for yet
and i think it'll take a very long time to be worth it
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by shawna(f): 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2006
yep u're right wink it will take a while for nigeria to be worth dying for but i hope it doesnt take too long cause our country needs serious deliverance
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Seun(m): 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2006
There's no country worth dying for!

Countries were created to serve people's interests, and not the other way round!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by sweetnini(f): 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2006
well seun u r soooo right
@shawna nigeria not only needs deliverance
it needs revival and renewal
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by shawna(f): 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2006
lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Kendra(f): 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2006
hell to tha naw!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by diddy4(m): 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2006
@kendra
you aint nigerian so it is understandable. wink
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Seun(m): 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2006
The president that said "ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country" is a villian to me. This is like saying, "ask not what your food can do for you". People are more important than countries.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by diddy4(m): 9:21pm On Jul 22, 2006
John F Kennedy is a villain to you? come on man, dat aint nice.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Seun(m): 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2006
"My fellow citizens of the world, ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man" http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/johnfkennedyinaugural.htm

Ok, he was not a villian afterall. The original quote was about promoting the freedom of man, which is good.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by diddy4(m): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2006
i thought so. one of the world's greatest prezido cant be a villain. wonder what baba oby will be.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by jimmybone(m): 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2006
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#006600][/color]is a nice question to ask ourself, 'can i die for my country'.  as for me and my family will can die  and a die for my country, but the problem with us is that nobody what to suffer for another person to leave or for tomorrow, most of our leader that suppost to retired at the age of 60,  theere still in office at the age of 80 doing what , cousing trouble call there self God father, i think is high time will talk to ourself and stand 4 better future, God bless Nigeria and the Good people within, 08020387466
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Damest09(f): 10:08pm On Jul 22, 2006
Die for NIGERIA? God forbid. I will never advice anyone to die for that country. People have already died for Nigeria and to no avail. Once more, Hell NO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ali Bongo The Igbo President In Gabon The Real Photo / Nasarawa APGA Guber Candidate, Labaran Maku Canvasses Support For Jonathan / I Will Pay Any Nairalander N500, 000 If......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.