Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,320 members, 7,957,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:07 PM

Bush Meat (monkey) Eating Continues In Lagos Despite Ebola Scare - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bush Meat (monkey) Eating Continues In Lagos Despite Ebola Scare (3250 Views)

Shooting Continues In Rivers / #UdomSupremeCourtVictory: Celebration Continues In Uyo (Photo) / Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bush Meat (monkey) Eating Continues In Lagos Despite Ebola Scare by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
tpia1: if you say so.

however, seems some parts used to eat it but stopped when they started falling sick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiriba

Yes i unequivocally say so.

Among the people of Awka and many parts of Enugu it was taboo to eat monkeys. There used to be myth that monkeys aided warriors in battle in the olden days and were seen as almost human.

Your link even shows that the practiced stopped among the abiriba people a long time ago according to fable so what is your point?

Please quit the low key mudslinging. Igbos do not eat monkey meat!
Re: Bush Meat (monkey) Eating Continues In Lagos Despite Ebola Scare by tpia1: 8:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
if you can point out where i said igbos eat monkeys, feel free to do so.

and kindly stop the hysterics, some of you just jump wildly at everything, i did not put the chip on your shoulder so stop derailing the thread.

i said yorubas do not traditionally eat monkeys.

you countered with neither do igbos.

i pointed out what i saw on wiki.

if you disagree with it, then go and edit the information or notify someone who can do so.

either way, get off my back.

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat (monkey) Eating Continues In Lagos Despite Ebola Scare by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
Why did you mention Yorubas and Hausas while intentionally omitting others?

Even if this is an honest mistake,.why did you counter me by showing a link on an outdated practice? There is nothing wrong with the wikipedia entry but what you were trying to imply, after all actions speak louder than words. You didn't have to say anything for someone perceptive to pick up on what you were trying to do.

Last post here.

tpia1: if you can point out where i said igbos eat monkeys, feel free to do so.

and kindly stop the hysterics, some of you just jump wildly at everything, i did not put the chip on your shoulder so stop derailing the thread.

i said yorubas do not traditionally eat monkeys.

you countered with neither do igbos.

i pointed out what i saw on wiki.

if you disagree with it, then go and edit the information or notify someone who can do so.

either way, get off my back.

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat (monkey) Eating Continues In Lagos Despite Ebola Scare by tpia1: 8:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
chulla12: Why did you mention Yorubas and Hausas while intentionally omitting others?

Even if this is an honest mistake,.why did you counter me by showing a link on an outdated practice? There is nothing wrong with the wikipedia entry but what you were trying to imply, after all actions speak louder than words. You didn't have to say anything for someone perceptive to pick up on what you were trying to do.

Last post here.

your paranoia is too high.

dont accuse others of what you would not like if they accuse you the same way.

i see you are trying to malign me here, may God forgive you.
Re: Bush Meat (monkey) Eating Continues In Lagos Despite Ebola Scare by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
tpia1:

your paranoia is too high.

dont accuse others of what you would not like if they accuse you the same way.

i see you are trying to malign me here, may God forgive you.

Paranoia, malign you?

I make a statement defending all Nigerians. You respond to me by introducing a tribal angle. I go easy on you,.saying that igbos and others also don't perpretrate this practice, and you showed me a link to imply the opposite. Why?

This is very bad of you.
Re: Bush Meat (monkey) Eating Continues In Lagos Despite Ebola Scare by tpia1: 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
which statement are you making defending all nigerians when nigeria is made of up different cultures and cuisines?

i spoke of what i know, you spoke of what you know, let the matter end there.

i was on the thread before you, and i stated monkey meat is not traditionally eaten in yorubaland.

why did that inspire you?

the thread title says monkey meat is being eaten in lagos, if it is, then i dont know who is eating such there, but its not part of original yoruba cuisine.

bush meat that I know of, is defined as grasscutter, antelope, etc. It did not include monkey.

2 Likes

Re: Bush Meat (monkey) Eating Continues In Lagos Despite Ebola Scare by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
Well you shouldn't have quoted me in the first place while I minded my business. I approached this thread from a detribalized point of view and then you quoted me in such a way. You can easily apologize but since you want to play holy go ahead.

tpia1: which statement are you making defending all nigerians when nigeria is made of up different cultures and cuisines?

i spoke of what i know, you spoke of what you know, let the matter end there.

i was on the thread before you, and i stated monkey meat is not traditionally eaten in yorubaland.

why did that inspire you?
Re: Bush Meat (monkey) Eating Continues In Lagos Despite Ebola Scare by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
Bush meat among Nigerians in general (igbo, hausa, yoruba and other.groups) include bush fowl, antelope, rabbit/rat/grasscutter.

This article is trying portray us in a negative light.
Re: Bush Meat (monkey) Eating Continues In Lagos Despite Ebola Scare by whitecat007: 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
If monkeys are eaten in Lagos, it must be ibos cos Yoruba bush meats are grasscutters and antelopes which I hate by the way.

2 Likes

Re: Bush Meat (monkey) Eating Continues In Lagos Despite Ebola Scare by tpia1: 9:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
^are you yoruba?
Re: Bush Meat (monkey) Eating Continues In Lagos Despite Ebola Scare by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
Please Why would a sane person eat a monkey? That is the question that came to my mind because after roasting it it looks like a Baby or Human being
Re: Bush Meat (monkey) Eating Continues In Lagos Despite Ebola Scare by Horus(m): 7:44pm On May 04, 2020
Avoid bushmeat at all cost; Bushmeat transmit diseases and virus (Coronavirus, Ebola)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested / Finally Amaechi Joins Buhari At G-7 Summit In Germany - See Photo / Pictures Of Aba Mega Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.