Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,426 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Working In Seychelles - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Working In Seychelles (31522 Views)

Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia / Working In Dubai - List Of Verified And Legitimate Recruitment Agencies / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Working In Seychelles by Christie171(f): 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hi folks.... pls if you're in Seychelles, help in giving us info on how to get their GOP. thanks

1 Like

Re: Working In Seychelles by deejay6: 3:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
I heard this country is one of the best you can be in Africa,I made my research and I was highly convinced.

I am following this thread bumper to bumper cos I am much interested.

1 Like

Re: Working In Seychelles by lymelyte(m): 9:52am On Nov 03, 2016
How can one acquire the GOP.. I use God take beg una.
Re: Working In Seychelles by lovetrust(m): 12:26am On Nov 04, 2016
how I wish nigeria go dey attractive like these countries ....and people from other nations will be struggling to come in.
God help us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Working In Seychelles by cletz991(m): 10:07am On Nov 04, 2016
Yes o. Am interested too

1 Like

Re: Working In Seychelles by iziboi(m): 3:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
Is it that there is no Nigerian living, studying or working in Seychelles that can help someone out with guide? I will love to know what their univeristy is like and the cost of studying there. thanks in advance to anyone who is listening out there

1 Like

Re: Working In Seychelles by Arewa12: 4:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
1. PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS Valid passports or other travel documents are required for entry into Seychelles. 2. VISA REQUIREMENT Visa is not required for entry into Seychelles. (Refer to other permits.) 3. VISITORS PERMIT A visitor’s permit is issued on arrival in Seychelles to a person who comes for the purpose of holiday, pleasure, business, visit friends or family and who – (a) is not a prohibited immigrant; and (b) is not the holder of a Dependant’s Permit or a Gainful Occupation Permit; (c) holds a valid return or onward ticket for duration of visit; (d) has confirmed accommodation; (e) has sufficient funds for duration of the stay. (Minimum of US$ 150.00 or equivalent per day). The Visitor’s Permit is initially valid for the period of visit of up to one month. It can be extended for a period of up to three months from the date of issue and capable of further extensions for successive periods not exceeding three months at a time to a maximum period of twelve months, provided that the person still meets the criteria of a bona fide visitor. The visitor's permit is issued free of charge for the first three months after which there is a fee of Sr. 1000/- for extension covering each period of three months or any part thereof. Extension of Visitor’s Permit is also subject to (a) - (e) above. 4. GAINFUL OCCUPATION PERMIT A Gainful Occupation Permit allows the holder to be gainfully occupied in Seychelles and this could be as an employer or as a self-employed person. Applications for Gainful Occupation Permits should be submitted at least ten weeks before the employee is due to start work, and he/she must not enter Seychelles for the purpose of taking up employment prior to obtaining the Gainful Occupation Permit. The application form is to be completed by the person seeking the permit in the case of a self employed or by the prospective employer. There is a processing fee of Sr. 600/- for processing of the application. The fee for the whole duration of the permit being sought for is Sr. 1,500/- per month or part thereof should also accompany the application. In considering an application for a Gainful Occupation Permit, the followings are taken into account: (a) the character, reputation and health of the prospective employee and where relevant, any member of his/her household to be endorsed on the permit; (b) the professional or technical qualification of the person to be employed; c) the availability of the services of persons already exist in Seychelles; (d) the protection of local interest; (e) the economic and social benefit which the applicant/ prospective employee may bring to Seychelles or enhance by his presence. 5. RESIDENCE PERMIT A Residence Permit is issued to a person who - (a) is not a prohibited immigrant; (b) has a family or domestic connection with Seychelles; (c) has made or will make special contribution to the economic, social or cultural life of Seychelles. The holder of a Residence Permit - (a) must during the validity of the permit reside in Seychelles for at least five days during each twelve months of the term of the permit; (b) If the permit holder reside in Seychelles for more than one month (in any year) he/she shall keep a deposit with a bank in Seychelles or provide a bank guarantee to the Director General of Immigration, of not less than Sr. 20,000/- and allow the Director General of Immigration to draw on the deposit or call on the guarantee for the purpose of meeting expenditure incurred by the government in connection with the care, treatment or maintenance within or removal from Seychelles of the permit holder and his/her dependants; (c) if the permit holder reside in Seychelles for more than one month (in any year) he/she shall after 14 days of each anniversary of the issue of the permit, adduce evidence to the satisfaction of the Director General of Immigration that the permit holder has brought into Seychelles for his own use, foreign exchange through the Central Bank of Seychelles of an amount equivalent to not less than Sr. 100,000/-; (d) Paragraph (b) and (c) shall not apply where the Director General of Immigration is satisfied that the permit holder or another person who forms the same household as the permit holder, has sufficient investment in Seychelles to cover the amount in subparagraph (c) or subparagraph (d) and (c) as the case may be; (e) During the term of the Residence Permit, the holder must explore opportunities for contributing to the economic, social or cultural life of Seychelles; (f) The holder of the permit shall not be entitled to free medical service in Seychelles or to any social security benefit under the Social Security Act, 1987 other similar Legislation; The holder of a Residence permit is not permitted to be gainfully occupied in Seychelles. A Residence Permit shall cease to be valid if the holder: - (a) is in breach of the conditions of the permit; (b) is convicted of an offence against the Immigration laws; or (c) is deported from Seychelles. The holder’s minor dependants can be endorsed on the Permit. There is a fee of US$115/- for processing of the application. The fee for the residence Permit is Scr. 50,000.00 for the main applicant and Scr. 25,000.00 for the spouse if applied at the same time. The fee for endorsement of each minor dependant on a Residence Permit is Scr. 1,000.00. The permit fees are payable in foreign exchange. 6. DEPENDANT’S PERMIT A Dependant’s Permit is issued to a spouse or a minor child of a citizen of Seychelles, who is not - (a) a prohibited immigrant; or (b) the holder of a Residence Permit or a Gainful Occupation Permit. The application is made by the spouse who is a Seychelles citizen. In the case of a minor child, one of the parent who is a Seychelles citizen. The fee for a Dependant’s Permit is Sr. 100/-. A Dependant’s Permit does not allow the holder to be gainfully occupied. In the case where the Permit holder wishes to do so, a Gainful Occupation Permit should be applied for. The permit ceases to be valid if the holder - (a) fails to enter Seychelles within twelve months from the date of issue or is absent from Seychelles for any period in excess of twelve months; (b) is in breach of the conditions of the Permit; Is convicted of an offence against the Immigration Laws; or (d) is deported from Seychelles. 7. STUDENT’S PERMIT A Student’s Permit is issued to a person who wishes to pursue studies in Seychelles and who can show proof that he/she - (a) would be enrolled as a student in an approved educational institution; and has sufficient funds to meet the expenses that he/she would incur while residing in Seychelles. A processing fee of Sr. 500/- is payable on submission of the application. The fee for the permit is Sr. 1000/- which is valid for the duration of the academic studies. A Student’s permit does not allow its holder to be gainfully occupied in Seychelles.

2 Likes

Re: Working In Seychelles by Arewa12: 5:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
For Student Planning to Study in Seychelles
They have about 3 institutions over there
With dis Link U can all ur questions and make all the Inquiries
www.unisey.ac.sc/international/applying-to-unisey

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Working In Seychelles by Arewa12: 5:13pm On Feb 24, 2017
iziboi:
Is it that there is no Nigerian living, studying or working in Seychelles that can help someone out with guide? I will love to know what their univeristy is like and the cost of studying there. thanks in advance to anyone who is listening out there

International Student unit

international@unisey.ac.sc

General information regarding programmes nd Qualification

marketing@unisey.ac.sc

Application Equires

registrationofficer@unisey.ac.sc
Re: Working In Seychelles by Arewa12: 5:24pm On Feb 24, 2017
Their tuition is very high they want the international student to also be a source of revenue

“international students paying their own fees will
help to spread the costs of the university that are currently
borne entirely by the Seychelles government. Last but not
least, additional students on campus and living locally will
bring more revenue to shopkeepers and landlords alike,” he said.
The university’s Registrar, Michel Denousse,

According to the newly-released international students’
information brochure, courses currently range from around
$6,700 to $12,000 per year. Living costs for 40 weeks are
estimated at around $9,000, including accommodation,
meals, transport, books and stationery.

2 Likes

Re: Working In Seychelles by collins4040: 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
pls what kind of job can someone do in this country cos am interested
Re: Working In Seychelles by xkunzo(m): 12:02am On Feb 25, 2017
according to little information i have, the place is visa free for Nigerian, but dont try it ,if you dont have at least 2000 usd dollar as BTA , so that u will not face deportation instantly , the place is very expensive , ur 2000 usd will finish in 3 to 5 days if u manage well, onless u have host there , best of best is too have direct employment

2 Likes

Re: Working In Seychelles by jonjay007: 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2017
So how can someone apply for direct employment or GOP from Nigeria...is there any site for that or something??

Arewa12...Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Working In Seychelles by Pamelayoung: 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2017
newflame01:
forget it

Why?
Re: Working In Seychelles by Arewa12: 3:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
jonjay007:
So how can someone apply for direct employment or GOP from Nigeria...is there any site for that or something??

Arewa12...Thanks for the info

This Link shud be Helpful Sir

www.egov.sc/NonCitizen/Working.aspx

This der Vacancy Site their

www.employment.gov.sc/job-opportunities/national-vacancies

It as been opened since last year.... November 2nd... Buh yet the Application is still open....
Re: Working In Seychelles by Kpukpon: 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2017
I'm interested. Anyone that could help?
Re: Working In Seychelles by kelpreneur(m): 12:56am On Dec 16, 2018
Update on Seychelles, the country is really nice to migrate

1 Like

Re: Working In Seychelles by PinkStarsFallIn: 6:27pm On Dec 24, 2018
All this small countries with big rules.
And Nigeria, a big country with No rules.
How can we ever grow?

Its obvious Seychelles seems more of a tourist destination than an hustling arena.
I am however interested, the place is a solace to Africa in terms of beauty.

2 Likes

Re: Working In Seychelles by henrydenna(m): 10:38am On May 29, 2019
pls j want to travel to Seychelles and per work there can anybody tell me how I will get G O P can. I submit I. Seychelles embassy here in Nigeria
Re: Working In Seychelles by Kelluz: 11:39am On Nov 17, 2019
I intend travelling to Seychelles with an invite by a citizen..what is the required BTA? do I need to have money on my ATM ? please I need the required information from being denied at the point of entry

1 Like

Re: Working In Seychelles by jpride(m): 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Any info on how to get GOP?
Re: Working In Seychelles by Mire20: 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hello. Please does anyone have legitimate information on how a Nigerian doctor can migrate to Seychelles to practice?

1 Like

Re: Working In Seychelles by vicdo: 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
Mire20:
Hello. Please does anyone have legitimate information on how a Nigerian doctor can migrate to Seychelles to practice?
Co-asking please.

1 Like

Re: Working In Seychelles by JAYcool56: 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2021
Mire20:

Third-asking, plz. Any idea?

1 Like

Re: Working In Seychelles by CryptoRepublic1: 4:19am On May 28, 2021
bill1979:
Hey Guys,

Am a Kenyan and have had opportunity working in the Seychelles for sometime. You do NOT need a visa to travel to the Seychelles. However, you'll need a few documentation if going as a tourist. Check the link below:

http://www.seychelles.travel/en/plan-your-visit/travellers-essentials/entry-formalities

Seychelles is a very small country. It's a closed knit country - call it a community. Every activity is very closely monitored by the government. I came across a few Nigerians working as medical doctors in several government hospitals. The labor market in Seychelles favors foreigners as the local labor capacity is not enough. We have plenty Kenyans working in Education and Hospitality. Other sectors that attracts foreign manpower includes telcom and construction. However, as a foreigner, the government agencies monitors you very closely partly coz of drug trafficking. You must be very careful of your associations. Creole (broken french) is the language of communication. It's the language even used in government offices. The National Assembly uses Creole. Seycheloise uses english as well. Business environment is very well controlled. You might want to check with Seychelles Investment Board for more information (http://www.sib.gov.sc/index.php/investment-guide/investors-guide/establishing-a-business-in-the-seychelles).

Above this, Seychelles is a lovely country with beautiful white beaches. You will be spoilt for choice. From Mahe island where capital Victoria is situated to Praslin and La Digue islands among other exclusive islands, you will love the place.

Oya...there you go.

Hello bro,

Are you still in Seychelles?I'm searching for a country to move my business to and Seychelles fell among the list ,please keep in contact if you're still in Seychelles I need to ask you few questions if you dont mind.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Working In Seychelles by Joyce4lovelead: 8:09am On Jun 20, 2021
Good morning everyone please only mature advice and answers please I don't need insult.am a girl planning my trip to seychelles for hookup things I want to know if it is possible? And if there are Nigeria girls into the hookup things that can share me accommodation without lodging hotel.please be sercery to me.like I said before I don't want insult is just a way 4ward for me to move out from Nigeria to make money so I can carter for my family.i will be very glad to hear from anyone tnks alot
Re: Working In Seychelles by don4real18(m): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
Mire20:
Please don't go. Who will treat our malaria?

1 Like

Re: Working In Seychelles by Googledrive12: 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2021
I have visited Seychelles and will give you my first hand experience. Before I start know that I am going to state the truth here not to discourage anyone, but to get you enlightened for what's ahead , Seychelles is a small country with a huge French influence, they produce almost nothing, so their major source of income is from tourism, their currency is more valuable compared to Nigeria currency, for those talking about school, please think again , the universities in Seychelles are smaller than some primary schools in Nigeria , I visited, not just saying , you will feel so disappointed when you visit one ,with their small population, 50% of their males are in jail because of drug related offences, so there is more of girls in school , the standard of living is high because Europeans flock there for holiday. 2k US dollar finished and we still made withdrawal with our master card . Though food is cheap in the market , eating out is senselessly expensive, I met a Nigerian igbo man who works as a fireman , he said he was able to secure the job because he is married to a citizen of the country, the country is too small that the government can track you is few hours if they choose to , if you ask me i won't advise anyone to go to Seychelles to hustle atleast not after this whole covid wahala, but this might be different for those in the medical field , the people are welcoming but the major problem is the port of entry . At the airport i had a serious quarrel with the officials because they where bent on humiliating me because I am a Nigerian ... drugs bla bla bla ... your country men do this do that... searching all my property and also bent on searching my phone plus they must hold my passport and whatnot .. oga not me, you met the wrong guy .. we shouted and dragged my phone until their boss came out . I never gave them my phone or passport to keep, my wife and child where outside waiting because they arrived earlier from the UK and I was meant to join them to the hotel we booked, it was so embarrassing that I was the only Nigerian from Nigeria and the singled me out to search me for hours, the other guy asking me to get off my cloths in a public place and I asked if he is mad and will asked his father to get his cloth off in the public (though we looked like age mates ... lol ) those guys are crazy at their airport , but the people in the country are full of life and are also warm to visitors , I met a yoruba guy who said he works their and ask if I want to stay back ... I told him I can't survive here it's too small and I dont see that opportunity for survival here . Don't hesitate to give it a try if you wish to but please have plan B , also brace up for a long journey my yash tire for plane . Lol. Hot girls everywhere if you are not careful you will fall into temptation . though some of them can communicate in English enough to sell their goods ... there is an issue of language barrier. Creole is what they speak (pidgin French ) . If you have questions ask. Note: I am a huge fan of people who risk it in search of greener pasture but we most do it wisely. Until I am proofed otherwise NIGERIA IS NOT IN ANY WAY FAVOURABLY FOR A YOUTH. MAY GOD PAY OUR LEADERS IN THEIR OWN COIN.

7 Likes

Re: Working In Seychelles by Googledrive12: 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
Here are some pictures , they have world best beaches .
Inside a bus 7 rupees per trip a rupee was 26 naira then .

A private beach

Teaches college

Their international Airport.

Re: Working In Seychelles by CryptoRepublic1: 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2021
I've always wanted to visit Seychelles .

How's accommodation there guys,is accommodations reasonably priced there?

Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thousands Of Venezuelans Trying To Enter Columbia To Escape Economic Crisis(Pic / A Culture Shock For A Nigerian In Diaspora / US Mission To Prioritise Student Visa Applications For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.