Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections (35573 Views)

Ekweremadu: Police, NASS Clerk, Others Meet Over Petition / Dokubo, Fasehun, Uwazurike, Al-mustapha, Others Meet In Anambra / South-East Governors Meet Over 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by MORNDEW(m): 10:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
atlwireles:

Are you really asking this question? undecided

Yes and yes pls tell me ASAP
Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by oluamid(m): 10:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
atlwireles:

Just as boko haram is the extension of APC, with or without your affiliation.

Whatever floats your boat.

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by Tucees(f): 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
MORNDEW:
Pls don't be offended from ur signature are u lez?
angry angry angry angry angry angry wetin orange and banana got to do being a lez? Corrupt mind. Was Just expressing my love for oranges that's all! moreover I still have a bit of love for banana wink
Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by Tucees(f): 10:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
MORNDEW:
Pls don't be offended from ur signature are u lez?
Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by MORNDEW(m): 10:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
Tucees: angry angry angry angry angry angry wetin orange and banana got to do being a lez? Corrupt mind. Was Just expressing my love for oranges that's all! moreover I still have a bit of love for banana wink
Hmm y those two fruits. Thank God u love Banana too. U HV a pm.though
Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by Iykopee(m): 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
The problem with most Xtians is their inability to own a copy of the koran and read a handful portion of it from time to time in other to understand vividly the driving force behind Islamic activities.. So trying to make peace with a known vicious creation is an effort in futility.

@ topic, Pastor Ayo may not be the right person to lead CAN for its much taunted glory but without a blink of the eyes, Ayo stood up for Xtians and was vocal against Xtian persecution in the north. Where was the cardinal then? We didnt even hear from the sultan directing whosoever is responsible for destroyin churches to stop.

However, one wonder why the Sultan decides to parley with d cardinal. gawd! Its simple, sheer hypocrisy. He wants a dummy he could toss up and down. Pastor Ayo is not that kind of character and he's not ready to pander to the sultan's antics of peace and harmony over 2015 elections now. Why? becos he knew what Islam stands for and the actions of its adherents inside-out.

Lastly, i'm a Xtian and if u cant stand up and speak on behalf of Xtians in the time of trouble, i sincerely believe that u are not representing our interests whether CAN OR NO CAN.

8 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by atlwireles: 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
MORNDEW:
Yes and yes pls tell me ASAP

You don't need my help. They will show it to you at the given time, maybe, close all the doors of your Church on a Wednesday service and they will ask those willing to convert to Islam to step out. Before opening gun fire on the rest. That is happening in Kaduna, Jos, Borno today in this country. Yet, you are asking me for examples. angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by say4gunit(m): 11:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
atlwireles:

You don't need my help. They will show it to you at the given time, maybe, close all the doors of your Church on a Wednesday service and they will ask those willing to convert to Islam to step out. Before opening gun fire on the rest. That is happening in Kaduna, Jos, Borno today in this country. Yet, you are asking me for examples. angry angry angry angry
Chei! U can lie wo!
Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by texazzpete(m): 11:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
I challenge any of these paid agents to tell me how Pastor Ayo's 'intervention' has saved any life in this current crisis. What - apart from Newspaper and media soundbites - has it achieved?

He can save many lives by speaking up against corruption, so the devils in human form that steal and rob from the masses will allow the wealth trickle down to keep many many more people alive and well. But of course, he keeps quiet!

Leave Mr Oritsejafor out of this, this is supposed to be a conference of dialogue not for a voice of intolerance to ring out. I suggest he prepare some fiery sermons against the corrupt in our society if he wants to make a difference.

Carlmax: The cardinal is almost too docile... A little Oritsejafor is needed 2 remind them that even in heaven angels are capable of violence..

Why won't you attack the Cardinal when he's one of the foremost voices against corruption in this country, while your chosen one cavorts with the corrupt?

6 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by atlwireles: 11:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
say4gunit:
Chei! U can lie wo!

Little kid go to bed.

3 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by say4gunit(m): 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
atlwireles:

Little kid go to bed.
Old man i wont!

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by MORNDEW(m): 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
atlwireles:

You don't need my help. They will show it to you at the given time, maybe, close all the doors of your Church on a Wednesday service and asking those willing to convert to Islam to step out. Before opening gun fire on the rest. That is happening in Kaduna, Jos, Borno today in this country. Yet, you are asking me for examples. angry angry angry angry
Pls don't be an alarmist becos a group of people whose brain nid reconfiguration are are misbehaving does not mean islamitazation. How can a region known to be Muslim still islamitise themselves. Ok I get it you are one of those who believe that its only Christians DAT die in Boko attacks. Pls mosques have also been attacked. And coming to my church and opening fire on ppl down south here is never gonna happen. And y it seems as if this reckless urchins carrying out this acts are succeeding is cos we have an incompetent leader. MORNDEW.

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by atlwireles: 11:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
say4gunit:
Old man i wont!

You have not lived enough to comment on topics like this.

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by Akpan107(m): 11:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
Bluetooth2:
The Catholic church has proved to be an instrument of peace and tolerance between the church and the Nigerian Muslim community and, should be commended for their peace efforts. As for Oritsejafor, he's nothing but a bootlicker !
Well! I'm an Anglican and i dont have problem with their meeting, but i just want to let our Catholic brothers to know that, you still an 'infidels' in the eyes of the muslims. When there is any fighting in the muslim states in the North, they kill both Catholic non Catholic Christians. As at around 2010- 2012, about 80 to 100 Christian Churches were bomb in only borno state, and 52 of churches are Catholic Churches.
About 200 Churches has been bombed or affected by the Devil called boko haram and i dont see what the Catholic Bishop is doing about that, atleast, he should begg them to spare the catholics. I will be very happy if that will happen.

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by atlwireles: 11:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
MORNDEW:
Pls don't be an alarmist becos s group of people whose brain nid reconfiguration are are misbehaving does not mean islamitazation. How can a region known to be Muslim still islamitise themselves. Ok I get it you are one of those who believe that its only Christians DAT die in Book attacks. Pls mosques have also been attacked. And coming to my church and opening fire on ppl down south here is never gonna happen. And y it seems as if this reckless urchins carrying out this acts are succeeding is cos we have an incompetent leader. MORNDEW.

Urchins and incompetent leader, that's your fall back position. Unfortunately this has been the news of Nigeria since I can remember. They are always urchins and our leaders are incompetent. Please tell me another story. After they killed several thousands every year since 1960. They're always urchins, burning down churches abi?

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by ResourceMan(m): 11:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
As a Catholic, I feel so ashamed, pained and angered at Onaiyekan and the Cathilic Church. I do not and I will never like the pentecostal churches, but Pastor Ayo Oritshejafor is the best President C.A.N has ever produced. When I see foools and idiats commenting on this thread I feel so angered and wish that boko haram has visited their madness on each and everyone of them talking nonsense on this thread, then they will have the picture of Pastor Ayo enlarged in their houses and pray to him for protection.
Northern Christians and the real sensible Christians (Catholics included) knows the head of the C.A.N and he is Pastor Ayo Oritshejafor.

7 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by henchamb(m): 11:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
jerseyboy:
Judas
Peter
Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by henchamb(m): 11:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
Alexk2:

to start with, your Christianity is questionable if you can refer to CAN like that...in case you don't know, CAN isnt another name for Pastor Oritsejafor....he is the president of Christian Association of nigeria, CAN.

if he refuse to talk and take action in the interest of the Christians, u pple will shout it out and call him names....now we have a can president who will alwayz love to say it as it is without recourse to name and personality, u re calling him a politician.
i dont blame you....Jesus was criticized in same manner as this one....even the respondents gave insight as to why he was sidelined.

@ topic....just for that reason ans some other related once nt reported, we all know the outcome of such conference.....in this country, nobody can deceive me with a propaganda like this one.

Who are you to question my Christianity.
You should also defend his toutish attire and his utterances
Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by ResourceMan(m): 11:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
Akpan107: Well! I'm an Anglican and i dont have problem with their meeting, but i just want to let our Catholic brothers to know that, you still an 'infidels' in the eyes of the muslims. When there is any fighting in the muslim states in the North, they kill both Catholic non Catholic Christians. As at around 2010- 2012, about 80 to 100 Christian Churches were bomb in only borno state, and 52 of churches are Catholic Churches.
About 200 Churches has been bombed or affected by the Devil called boko haram and i dont see what the Catholic Bishop is doing about that, atleast, he should begg them to spare the catholics. I will be very happy if that will happen.

The actions of people like Onaiyekan has made most Catholics like me ashamed of them, imagine in Borno State 62 out of 68 Catholic churches has been bombed and the State govt. refused to rebuild any, but went ahead to even revoke the land occupancy of some of them (standard practice in the core North). Thank God I am a thinking Catholic, if we follow these folks sheepishly we will all be slaughtered and killed while they will be in their Abuja and Lagos Diocesan councils presiding over a non-existent congregation. I do not know what is wrong with the Nigerian Catholics leadership, the Holy Catholic Church lead the Crusaders against the blood thirsty crazy jihardist and that is why the world is free today. Otherwise we all would have had a permanent black spot on our forehead as evidence praying to Allah.

5 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by atlwireles: 11:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
https://www.opendoorsusa.org/press/2014/june/nigeria-tops-christian-persecution-violence-list

SANTA ANA, Calif. (June 3, 2014) – The World Watch List (WWL) Research team of Open Doors International has released a Top 10 Violence List of countries in which Christians have experienced the most violent incidents for their faith in Jesus Christ.

The World Watch Top 10 Violence List, which is based on persecution incidents between Nov. 1, 2012, and March 31, 2014, is topped by Nigeria. The others, in order, are: Syria, Egypt, Central African Republic (CAR), Mexico, Pakistan, Colombia, India, Kenya and Iraq. For a complete country summary of the Top 10 Violence List, go to https://www.opendoorsusa.org/downloads/pdf-downloads/violence-top-10-countries-2014.pdf.

In all countries where Christians are persecuted, researchers recorded 3,641 churches and Christian properties destroyed and 13,120 other forms of violence against Christians such as beatings, abductions, rapes, arrests and forced marriages.

Open Doors researchers also released information on the Top 10 Violence List in the category of faith-related killings during the 17-month reporting period. Nigeria was No. 1 with a total of 2,073 Christian martyrs. Nigeria is followed by Syria 1,479, CAR 1,115, Pakistan 228, Egypt 147, Kenya 85, Iraq 84, Myanmar (Burma) and Sudan 33 each and Venezuela 26.

Of the overall compilation of 5,479 Christians killed for their faith around the world, Nigeria, Syria and CAR make up 85 percent of the total. The estimated average of Christians killed for their faith per month in the reporting period is 322.

Researchers say the total number of martyrs is “a very minimum count and could be significantly higher.”

“The alarming increase of violence against Christians in Nigeria over the past months highlights the lack of religious freedom they have and the daily dangers they face from the Islamic terrorist group Boko Haram and other violent Islamic organizations,” says Open Doors USA President/CEO Dr. David Curry. “Going to school, attending church or identifying yourself as a Christian is a very brave decision in Nigeria. It is turning into a bloodbath. Christians in the West must stand in the gap with our prayers and support.”

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by say4gunit(m): 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
atlwireles:

You have not lived enough to comment on topics like this.
Oh i see, shey na u be lord Lugard
Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by atlwireles: 11:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
http://www.worldwatchlist.us/world-watch-list-countries/nigeria/

Levels of violence against Christians in 2013 remained extremely high, with hundreds of cases of physical aggression, the destruction of nearly 300 churches and the death of 612 Nigerian Christians. Pentecostal leader, Rev. Faye Pama Musa, was shot dead by two suspected Boko Haram members. However, violence from this Islamic terrorist group is not the only form of persecution. Local government and social groups leave hardly any space for Christians to live their own lives; many Christian villages are denied basic facilities, such as wells and schools.

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by MORNDEW(m): 11:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
atlwireles:

Urchins and incompetent leader, that's your fall back position. Unfortunately this has been the news of Nigeria since I can remember. They are always urchins and our leaders are incompetent. Please tell me another story. After they killed several thousands every year since 1960. They're always urchins, burning down churches abi?
Like I said before dis idiot don't only burn church dey are out to kill. Do u see how Cameroon fight dem? Days being competent.
Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by atlwireles: 11:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
say4gunit:
Oh i see, shey na u be lord Lugard

good night kid.
Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 11, 2014

atlwireles:
. The muslims know their allies, they have sought him out.

If your enemy is happy with your representative and you now mistake him for your friend you will soon perish. Islam is a ruthless foe. Ask ISIS Christians.
Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
henchamb:
Peter
Sorry bro. Got carried away.
Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by atlwireles: 11:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
Christians Murdered Nonstop in Nigeria
Muslim Persecution of Christians: May, 2013

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3904/nigeria-christians-murdered#

Nigeria continues to be the most dangerous nation for Christians—where more Christians have been killed last year than all around the Muslim world combined. In one instance, Boko Haram Muslim militants stormed the home of a Pentecostal pastor and secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria, and opened fire on him, instantly murdering him.

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by ResourceMan(m): 11:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
jerseyboy:

If your enemy is happy with your representative and you now mistake him for your friend you will soon perish. Islam is a ruthless foe. Ask ISIS Christians.
I still do not understand why we toy with Islam in this country, just see the way riff raffs, e-touts, and senseless low lifers are running over this thread saying all sorts of rubbish about Pastor Ayo just because of where he comes from and for supporting the President. My prayer is for Islam to give its reward in full to Christians who have jeopardized the lives of fellow Christians by their actions and inactions, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by atlwireles: 11:32pm On Aug 11, 2014

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by atlwireles: 11:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by ResourceMan(m): 11:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
@ Atliwireles and Jerseyboy
It is time to abandon this thread,may this ignorant people face the wrath of the most deadliest and unrelenting force on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections by Bigcake: 11:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
Eldavido1: Oritsejafor constant sectional comments have made the sit of CAN president so political that it seems to be loosing it respectability. He needs to water down is political biasness and talk more like and elder and a father to all. A close observation of Cardinal John Onaiyekan will be a nice start.
you are talking real nonsense. Ayo is the only man that defend the christians during any moslem attack with his open mind. Yorubas have always been the stooge of the northern foools no be today nyansh dey face back. So am not perturbed about the catholic Cardinal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Threats: Ohanaeze, MASSOB, OPC Back Nigerdelta Militants / Who Hillary Clinton Epp? - Reno Omokri On US Election Results / PDP Leaders Meet Goodluck Jonathan Amid Defection Rumour (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.