Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Robin Williams Is Dead! - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Robin Williams Is Dead! (39667 Views)

Wunmi Obe Attacks Robin Williams’ Widow In Heartless Open Letter / Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide / Regina Askia 'Williams' Is 46 Years Old Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 12, 2014
Maybe he was tired of living a fake life , but r.i.p to the man
nikkyshyne: Why on Earth should he commit suicide
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by justi4jesu(f): 6:49am On Aug 12, 2014
Unibenstudent: Maybe he was tired of living a fake life , but r.i.p man

hmmm what fake life again,,,he was a happy man from what we saw. embarassed
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by GuyFawkes: 6:50am On Aug 12, 2014
Depression is a very serious illness,its more or less a biochemical disease of the brain.
R.I.P Robin Williams cry

If you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - Carpe - hear it? – Carpe, Carpe Diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary.- Dead Poets Society

2 Likes

Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by slap1(m): 6:50am On Aug 12, 2014
Suicide is not the way. Even if you're my father, I will lose the last drop of respect for you if you commit suicide. RIP? No way!

1 Like

Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by echobee(f): 6:53am On Aug 12, 2014
korel9: I will rather kill myself than commit suicide. embarassed
hmmmmmm! Atole angry whats d difference between suicide and killing yourself?
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by echobee(f): 6:53am On Aug 12, 2014
RIP
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 12, 2014
I remember this quote from his character in Dead Poets Society :

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

"O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?" That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?

Rest in peace sweet prince and thanks for the memories

2 Likes

Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by taiocol: 6:55am On Aug 12, 2014
thought it was Robbie William

1 Like

Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by kinglee007(m): 6:57am On Aug 12, 2014
You came, you poured smiles and laughter on our faces and you left. It was an honour having you around Mr Robin Williams. You will definitely be missed. RIP.
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by presley64(m): 6:58am On Aug 12, 2014
It is not yet 100per cent confirmed dat he committed suicide...so u guys shd stop judging d dead
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by justi4jesu(f): 6:59am On Aug 12, 2014
taiocol: thought it was Robbie William

No but Robin williams.
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by presley64(m): 7:01am On Aug 12, 2014
PassingShot: So he was a coward afterall!

PS: Think twice before quoting or condemning my post.

respect d dead so dat people would attend ur funeral
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by PassingShot(m): 7:04am On Aug 12, 2014
presley64:

respect d dead so dat people would attend ur funeral

Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by justi4jesu(f): 7:05am On Aug 12, 2014
Prayers & condolences for the family, friends and fans of actor Robin Williams. He was a genius and made us all laugh.

Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by LadyH(f): 7:10am On Aug 12, 2014
lekinz: If I have 25% of his money.....

Suicide will be the last thing on my mind
money Isnt everything undecided

RIP Mr. Funny Man. lipsrsealed
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by Psychedelia(m): 7:13am On Aug 12, 2014
So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that. If I ask you about women, you'd probably give me a syllabus about your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy. You're a tough kid.
And I'd ask you about war, you'd probably throw Shakespeare at me, right? "Once more unto the breach dear friends."
But you've never been near one. You've never held your best friend's head in your lap, to watch him gasp his last breath looking to you for help. I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, to have that love for her, be there forever, through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much.
And look at you; I don't see an intelligent, confident man. I see a cocky, scared shitless kid. But you're a genius Will. No one denies that.
No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a painting of mine, and you ripped my fhucking life apart.
You're an orphan right? You think I know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are, because I read Oliver Twist? Does that encapsulate you?
Personally, I don't give a shit about all that, because you know what, I can't learn anything from you, I can't read in some fvcking book. Unless you want to talk about you, who you are. Then I'm fascinated. I'm in. But you don't want to do that, do you sport?
You're terrified of what you might say. Your move, chief.

- Robin Williams, Good Will Hunting.

R.I.P.

7 Likes

Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by lekinz(m): 7:15am On Aug 12, 2014
LadyH: money Isnt everything undecided

RIP Mr. Funny Man. lipsrsealed

Ehn ehn ?

So suicide is d next thing ehn ?
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 12, 2014
RIP, loved his films
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 12, 2014
Kindly follow back
IfyAngela: RIP, loved his films
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by emiye(m): 7:21am On Aug 12, 2014
He could make others laugh, but he was sad and depressed....... what an irony !

1 Like

Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by UjSizzle(f): 7:23am On Aug 12, 2014
Oh Lord. I loved this man in Jumanji and playing Teddy Roosevelt character in Night At The Museum smiley

R.I.P Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by babzlim(m): 7:25am On Aug 12, 2014
U have put smiles and happiness on faces and families....i pray heavens will put smile on ur face and reward u with heaven and also give ur family the fortitude 2 bear the lose. R.I.P.
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by UjSizzle(f): 7:27am On Aug 12, 2014
Psychedelia: So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that. If I ask you about women, you'd probably give me a syllabus about your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy. You're a tough kid.
And I'd ask you about war, you'd probably throw Shakespeare at me, right? "Once more unto the breach dear friends."
But you've never been near one. You've never held your best friend's head in your lap, to watch him gasp his last breath looking to you for help. I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, to have that love for her, be there forever, through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much.
And look at you; I don't see an intelligent, confident man. I see a cocky, scared shitless kid. But you're a genius Will. No one denies that.
No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a painting of mine, and you ripped my fhucking life apart.
You're an orphan right? You think I know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are, because I read Oliver Twist? Does that encapsulate you?
Personally, I don't give a shit about all that, because you know what, I can't learn anything from you, I can't read in some fvcking book. Unless you want to talk about you, who you are. Then I'm fascinated. I'm in. But you don't want to do that, do you sport?
You're terrified of what you might say. Your move, chief.

- Robin Williams, Good Will Hunting.

R.I.P.
Beautiful smiley

1 Like

Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by fubbyy(m): 7:27am On Aug 12, 2014
MrRhymes101: Comedians r basically happy people, the police should investigate the "suicide" well. RIP sir
Lol... Who told you that?

Comedy is a profession which can never solve your inner troubles

R.i.p sir

1 Like

Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by Lagusta(m): 7:28am On Aug 12, 2014
taiocol: thought it was Robbie William

no, na robbie keane..... undecided
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by Aida13: 7:31am On Aug 12, 2014
You were a GENIUS and the world will miss the laughter you brought to many. Rest in Peace Robin Williams. Be a shining star in Heaven.
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by UjSizzle(f): 7:36am On Aug 12, 2014
"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world" smiley
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by wolverineNI(m): 7:36am On Aug 12, 2014
One of my best actor/comedian so sad

1 Like

Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by Enoquin(f): 7:38am On Aug 12, 2014
Rest well Robin
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by Ferdinandu(m): 7:42am On Aug 12, 2014
Maybe his high school classmates were right after all. What is success without happiness. He is so miserable in his later life that he had to take his life. That is failure.
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 12, 2014
candy: Suicide! One would have thought he had it all! RIP.

I can give it all to you if you want it all? grin
Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 12, 2014
Vivalavida99: Rip. You can never know what is going on inside someone else's head.

Depression and addiction tough to fight.

I know what is going on inside my head when I think about you grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bisola Aiyeola Poses With White Policemen In New York City (Photos) / Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas / Teenage Girl Poses As Wizkid, Defrauds Victims Of N10.4m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.