Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug (31202 Views)

Untested Ebola Drug Fails To Save Spanish Priest / Request To Modify Username / Seun: Request To Free Afam4eva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Sagamite(m): 10:36am On Aug 12, 2014
texazzpete: Back on topic, this just shows how misguided the FG is...always trying to do nothing yet get the right newspaper headlines. The FG KNOWS that Mapp Pharma is a private company and not owned by the US Government. Instead of directly contacting Mapp and agreeing payment terms, they will release press statement that they have 'appealed to President Obama'.

Kudos to Liberia for finding a way to negotiate with the drug maker. I hope they understand the risks, though. It's a win-win situation for Mapp, basically getting free human trials.

And what makes you think the fcktards in Aso Rock did not appeal to Obama directly instead of the private company? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Is that not that reetarded process they would think should be the norm in Nigeria? grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Philipmems(m): 10:36am On Aug 12, 2014
Drug has run out of supply another way of saying we don't want to give it out to just Tom Dick and Harry without getting back the millions of dollars spent in getting the antidote.... Sad... The cure of a so called African disease is in a lab in America.... Really its like saying Africans make the disease Americans cure it well I think America has left us to our fate for now probably because it has claimed only 2 lives (sawyer and the nurse) what of the ones that were not documented you know we have a way of underplaying situations to save us embarrassment. I have seen that america will not assist a country if they don't have a personal relationship or have anything to gain from the country... well sorry to burst your bubbles but America don't see us as the GIANT of AFRICAN well trust Nigeria we always have a way to weather the storm... Papa God oya... Help us.
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by 3kay945(m): 10:37am On Aug 12, 2014
musulumi: One who writes a Virus program must equally write the anti-Virus nah......US, I shake my head for her quest to dominate the world at all cost!

If the USA is not lifting a finger how would the world become with the bastard terrorist running around looking for throat to slit. undecided
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Sagamite(m): 10:38am On Aug 12, 2014
abatically: Now we are all asking for help from the Americans. And later we will say AMERICA NO PASS US. SMH. We criticize them for any small thing now we run to them. When Americans were busy researching we are busy praying to God. God only helps those who help themselves.

Is it not an irony that the white man who brought Christianity to Nigeria will pray for only 5 minutes and use the rest of the time to work and research. Whereas a Nigerian will pray for 5 hours waiting for miracle instead of researching.

Don't mind the fcktards! grin grin grin grin grin

HALLELUYAH! grin

JESUS, JESUS, JESUS, JEEEEEEEEEEESUS! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You will hear them say "Jesus is my best friend"! grin

Cretins! grin
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by KidProgrammer(m): 10:39am On Aug 12, 2014
nkenu: Liberia request was granted while that of Nigeria wasnt. Chaiiiii USA, this Ebola drugs you are using Almighty formula to share, there is God ooooooooo!!!!!! grin
Almighty formula or factorization?
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 12, 2014
nerodenero: [b]If Cameroun is faced with severe challenges,France is ever ready to safe them but in our case,these selfish British WILL never help Nigeria.[/b]I applaud USA's gesture and just hope they can extend their goodwill to other African countries ravaged with this disease.

Rather than be grateful that Nigeria isn't under indirect colonialism by the UK, like Cameroon and all the francophone countries, where France controls everything they do - you're begging for another round of slavery smh.

Their currency, economy, military and etc. are connected to France, and if France were to go down tomorrow, all the Francophone countries in Africa will go down with it. In as much as Nigeria hasn't taken full advantage of its independence because the US took over the semi-colonialisation of Nigeria - the Francophone Africa quagmire is the worst thing any sensible person will ever wish for. I bet those countries still pay taxes to France.

Anyway, Nigeria is still part of the Commonwealth Nations, and if Nigeria were to need the UK, the foreign office won't hesitate to help. However, what's the point of begging everywhere for hand outs? Nigeria is far bigger than the UK, with a population about thrice that of the UK.

And if begging for hand outs will make you happy, the UK has given Nigeria over £1.14 billion in foreign aids in the last 5 years alone. You can beg for more if you want.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Mindizza(f): 10:49am On Aug 12, 2014
The Spanish priest Miguel Pajares has been confirmed dead. #Breakingnews
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 12, 2014
Sagamite:

And what makes you think the fcktards in Aso Rock did not appeal to Obama directly instead of the private company? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Is that not that reetarded process they would think should be the norm in Nigeria? grin grin grin grin grin grin

The drug isn't privately owned, it was developed in conjunction with the US Army.

And I doubt the company can release it without approval from the US government.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by codeworks(m): 10:53am On Aug 12, 2014
I strongly believe US heard about medical institution in Japan recently developed cure for Ebola that why US wants to send Ebola untested drug to Liberia

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by shevy45(m): 10:55am On Aug 12, 2014
America and there tricks, they have the vaccine but they don"t wanna release it because they taught it is an african problem.
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Sagamite(m): 10:56am On Aug 12, 2014
SirShymex:

The drug isn't privately owned, it was developed in conjunction with the US Army.

And I doubt the company can release it without approval from the US government.

If it was jointly developed, then the US Army would have a share.

I doubt though that the US Army would engage in medical research that is not warfare related.
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Sagamite(m): 10:58am On Aug 12, 2014
Bwelz: sadWAKE UP BLACKMAN! WAKE UP NIGERIA!!! SKELEWU,AZONTO,NOOLYWOOD,OGA @ THE TOP,TIEF TIEF, CONNECTION ETC WILL NOT TAKE US THERE. ..IS IT NOT CLEAR WE SHOULD BE ASHAME OF OURSELVES... AMERICA BAD, OYIBO NA WAYO STILL WE ARE ALL WAITING PRAYING FOR THEIR RESCUE NOW.......WE SHOULD START A NEW GENERATION OF SCIENCE STUDENTS TO BREED NEW DOCTORS, ENGINEERS AND SCIENTISTS THAT CAN RISE UP TO SUCH CHALLANGES AS WE HAVE NOW! ENOUGH OF ALL THESE EMPTY GRAMA PROFESSORSsad[b][/b]

Not going to happen while you have fcktards like Jonathan in power. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by epospiky(m): 11:00am On Aug 12, 2014
Good news, kind of, but i'm not happy with the fact that nigerian's request was turned down. God will help us.
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 12, 2014
Sagamite:

If it was jointly developed, then the US Army would have a share.

I doubt though that the US Army would engage in medical research that is not warfare related.

In as much as I doubt it's for warfare, and probably has more to do with a proactive action in case of an epidemic since the US military has bases all over the world - I can't really say anything.

However, CNN explained the research about the serum a few days ago:

1. Who makes the drug?

World Bank commits to fighting Ebola
Why isn't there an Ebola vaccine?
Ebola transport team speaks to CNN

The drug was developed by the biotech firm Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc., which is based in San Diego. The company was founded in 2003 "to develop novel pharmaceuticals for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases,focusing on unmet needs in global health and biodefense," according to its website.

Mapp Biopharmaceutical has been working with the National Institutes of Health and the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, an arm of the military responsible for countering weapons of mass destruction, to develop an Ebola treatment for several years
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health/ebola-drug-questions/

Excerpts about the serum from Dailybeast:

ZMapp is an enhanced version of MB-003, which was developed in conjunction with the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID). MB-003 consists of three monoclonal—artificially produced—antibodies that proved capable of both deactivating the Ebola virus and tagging it for attack by the victim’s immune system.

A year ago this month, USAMRIID and Mapp announced the results of a study involving Rhesus monkeys that would have caused a sensation had we not been in a long lull between Ebola outbreaks. MB-003 protected 100 percent of the monkeys when administered an hour after exposure and two-thirds of those given the drug 48 hours after exposure.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/08/why-the-white-americans-got-the-secret-ebola-serum.html

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by chukxie(m): 11:10am On Aug 12, 2014
pDude: grin grin grin

Muhehehehehe!

Once again, US has used backhand slap to burn Nigeria's face.

Do you remember when they sent in Navy Seals to bring back Chibok girls and your president and Northern leaders told them that their help wasn't needed? Yes that! cheesy

From that it was obvious you guys can help yourselves. US only helps those who really need help. tongue

There's no free lunch any where. Certainly not from America. I'm sure you know.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Ezyp(m): 11:12am On Aug 12, 2014
gabazin080: ok
so do u have to quote everything?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by inice(m): 11:15am On Aug 12, 2014
pDude: grin grin grin

Muhehehehehe!

Once again, US has used backhand slap to burn Nigeria's face.

Do you remember when they sent in Navy Seals to bring back Chibok girls and your president and Northern leaders told them that their help wasn't needed? Yes that! cheesy

From that it was obvious you guys can help yourselves. US only helps those who really need help. tongue
or do you remember that Nigeria signed gayism into law. US is angry.
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by mmark12(m): 11:18am On Aug 12, 2014
ak4God: America want to control the world by all means.Pls how do we come about this Ebola in the first place?They said through Monkeys,apes animals etc,but are there no monkeys or animals in America?Maybe they re of different species.Infact they have more contacts with these animals than us.They practise bestiality(Having sex with animals),which is a taboo in Africa.The other time they said we should not eat chicken again because of flu,but i could remember when i was younger in the early 80s and 90s when you see any chicken exihibiting a strange symptons(KOLI) we killed the chicken instantly and eat it,nothing happened to us,why is it that now they are saying we cant eat bush meat,chicken and so on?Also anytime they want to discover any sickness,its always from Black African"s country,why not Egypt,Libya,Tunisia,Algeria and so on?
The fact is that most of these so called researchers go into laboratories and prepare one virus,at the same time the ANTI VIRUS,then take flight to AFRICA,inject the animal they wanted and release the animal back into the forest,then a hunter killed the animal with excitement shared eat among his family or sell it,then virus starts spreading,whereby the Americans have the Anti virus already,Then overnight they claimed to have found the solutions.
What we are experincing now is called MENTAL SLAVERY.Forget all these stories and aids they are given.It has been premeditated
So AFRICA,All that glitters is not gold,SHINE YOUR EYE!!

This is the dumbest comment that has ever been written on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 12, 2014
ramdris: But dem reject our plea for the drug na. Una dey craze for head o. Anyway that might Ginger our scientists to do something.

Lol
We have scientists?
Joker!!
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by olu77(m): 11:22am On Aug 12, 2014
PassingShot: Finally the Americans have decided to show empathy.

May the drug really help them in combating the deadly virus.

Perhaps they refused Nigeria because it's not an epidermic yet in our country while that of Liberia has reached an alarming level. That may be a sensible thing to do considering the fact that there is limited supply of the drug yet.

The sensible thing to do in my humble opinion would have been to prevent it from becoming an epidemic in Nigeria not after.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 12, 2014
codeworks: I strongly believe US heard about medical institution in Japan recently developed cure for Ebola that why US wants to send Ebola untested drug to Liberia

Your brain needs a vaccine

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 12, 2014
nora544:
Sorry it is not only america that search for ebola.

Also here in Europa they search and germany and Austria search at the University.

We have yesterday in the TV a documentation about Zmap and the co founder of this drug is Univ.-Prof. Herta Steinkellner a scientist and professor at the University of life science in Vienna.

https://forschung.boku.ac.at/fis/suchen.person_publikationen?sprache_in=en&ansicht_in=&menue_id_in=102&id_in=260&publikation_typ_id_in=&sortierung_in=kategorie

She shows how they make the drug and how long it takes to make it and all must be done by Hand and it takes a long time to make it, it is not easy.
I know it is good to start it in one country.

When a person who got ebola could start with the treatment very soon it is no death sentence.

Lmao...Nora the proud Austro-German. grin

Most of the American scientists are Austro-German and Asian Americans. While the Anglo-Americans control the power and government. And the Jewish Americans control the money and banking system.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by CocoaOla: 11:25am On Aug 12, 2014
can mosquito transfer this virus?
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 12, 2014
Breaking news on CNN:

Spanish priest Miguel Pajares, who was infected with Ebola, has died from the virus, hospital in Madrid says. Untested Ebola drug fails to save Spanish priest..

^^^Check the CNN homepage.
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 12, 2014
am working on some possible cure for ebola
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by nora544: 11:34am On Aug 12, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmao...Nora the proud Austro-German. grin

Most of the American scientists are Austro-German and Asian Americans. While the Anglo-Americans control the power and government. And the Jewish Americans control the money and banking system.

But it shows also that with little money you can work as a scientist.

Yeah that is tru without

Wernher von Braun, He was one of the leading figures in the development of rocket technology in Germany during World War II and, subsequently, in the United States. He is credited as being the "Father of Rocket Science".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dr. Abdulkareem Tunde Abdulrahaman Is Missing / Nigerian Police Sabotage Hausa's In Ekiti To Burn Ado-ekiti Main Market / Tell Us About Your Moniker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.