Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] (25387 Views)

My Sour Experience With Shippyme.com / Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland / Review On Www.shippyme.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Catlanta: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
Good day, we've informed all affected customers that the shipment is enroute to Nigeria at the moment. It was an unfortunate case of the Carrier shipping to the wrong destination. We are expecting arrival this week with customs clearance to follow immediately. This update goes for cne010, twinskenny and yourself. It's important you stay subscribed to the Shippyme mailing list so as to always receive emails from Shippyme. You could also add us to your address books so that our mails show up in your inbox as opposed to promotions, spam or other locations.
euwajeh: Just hope dat my Aug 6th I will hear good positive answers this week
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 8:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
Catlanta: Good day, we've informed all affected customers that the shipment is enroute to Nigeria at the moment. It was an unfortunate case of the Carrier shipping to the wrong destination. We are expecting arrival this week with customs clearance to follow immediately. This update goes for cne010, twinskenny and yourself. It's important you stay subscribed to the Shippyme mailing list so as to always receive emails from Shippyme. You could also add us to your address books so that our mails show up in your inbox as opposed to promotions, spam or other locations.

Thank you... we are waiting patiently.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by infogenius(m): 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2014
omoteretop:

I love your balanced analysis of the review of my shipping experience with Shippyme.

I am a researcher and buys hundreds of books from the USA every year. I have shipped directly from different companies since 2004. So, Shippyme is not my first mode of shipment. The company has nothing to offer me to write reviews as i pay them to ship my goods. In other words, my review was purely personal and not connected to the survival of the company in question.

I have read a lot of negative reviews of Shippyme on Nairaland and Facebook before giving it a try. Throughout these reviews, people claim they have used better companies. Some mentioned the names of these companies (often own by them) and others kept mute. In your own review too, you did not mention the good ones available. You only praised the company you used. Here are what you can do to improve the industry:

1. Identify and publish the names of good (shipping) companies you used in the last few months
2. Compare their shipping cost, delivery period and package handling
3. Based on your personal experience, describe their customer relations

When you do this, it will send a serous warning to Shippyme of increasing competition in the industry. It will also better our shipping experience in Nigeria.

In the final analysis, i do not write for Shippyme but myself. I have used their service and consider it OK (65%) in a turbulent business environment such as Nigeria. For customers who have had bitter experience, i strongly emphatise with you. The solution to shipping crisis is to expand the competition. it begins with objective review of all shipping companies that have heavy presence online.

Thanks

Thanks for this shot, quite some time I visited this thread.
To answer your questions

Identify and publish the names of good (shipping) companies you used in the last few months

Presently I use Shop America, they have their office in Kaduna.

Compare their shipping cost, delivery period and package handling

Cost= $10/ib which is fair,
Delivery = 4 wks (from date of purchase) can come earlier but not later.
Package Handling = Never had an issue with that

Based on your personal experience, describe their customer relations

Customer experience is 100% for me.Because once I place my orders using their
address,I am off only to receive a call that my items are ready for pickup. I have never made
a call to them concerning my shipment when in transit
.This makes me sleep easy.It is as good as that.

I've gone ahead to recommend them to so many of my customers and honestly they have never been
disappointed.
I will check for their web address.
Honestly, I am enjoying their services.
Please note I am never affiliated with them, I only use & enjoy their services.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 10:18am On Sep 17, 2014
its a wednesday.... no update yet still waiting.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 10:25am On Sep 17, 2014
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by MrsNaira(f): 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
Shippyme, you people should answer ur phones now. Abi is it only one employee that you have?
Been calling since last week and nobody picks up. Finally, a lady answered me yesterday and said I should enter my teller no. on the website but everytime I do so, it keeps saying Oops!

Oops for what now?
To think that I'm a first time customer...
You people are making a very bad impression.
I don't know if there'll be a second time.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 10:28am On Sep 18, 2014
Thursday.. still no update...
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Catlanta: 10:34am On Sep 18, 2014
Good morning, please ensure that info@shippyme.com is in your address book and also that you are subscribed to our mailing lists to ensure that you receive updates as we send them. The delayed flight has arrived the country as at yesterday and is going through customs clearing. This usually takes a day or two to complete. Thank you.
twinskenny: Thursday.. still no update...
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Catlanta: 10:34am On Sep 18, 2014
Good day, I have addressed this issue on the other thread where you posted this. Thank you
MrsNaira: Shippyme, you people should answer ur phones now. Abi is it only one employee that you have?
Been calling since last week and nobody picks up. Finally, a lady answered me yesterday and said I should enter my teller no. on the website but everytime I do so, it keeps saying Oops!

Oops for what now?
To think that I'm a first time customer...
You people are making a very bad impression.
I don't know if there'll be a second time.

Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 11:38am On Sep 18, 2014
Catlanta: Good morning, please ensure that info@shippyme.com is in your address book and also that you are subscribed to our mailing lists to ensure that you receive updates as we send them. The delayed flight has arrived the country as at yesterday and is going through customs clearing. This usually take a day or two to complete. Thank you.
funny, i have been receiving email from you from day one... concerning this no update still reading prepared for shipping...
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by MrsNaira(f): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
Catlanta: Good day, I have addressed this issue on the other thread where you posted this. Thank you

I've seen your reply in the other thread. Thank you.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by omoteretop: 10:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
infogenius:

Thanks for this shot, quite some time I visited this thread.
To answer your questions

Presently I use Shop America, they have their office in Kaduna.

Cost= $10/ib which is fair,
Delivery = 4 wks (from date of purchase) can come earlier but not later.
Package Handling = Never had an issue with that

Customer experience is 100% for me.Because once I place my orders using their
address,I am off only to receive a call that my items are ready for pickup. I have never made
a call to them concerning my shipment when in transit
.This makes me sleep easy.It is as good as that.

I've gone ahead to recommend them to so many of my customers and honestly they have never been
disappointed.
I will check for their web address.
Honestly, I am enjoying their services.
Please note I am never affiliated with them, I only use & enjoy their services.

I respect you, Infogenius.

I've ran a background check on your posts, they are informative and constructive.

The only challenge in your post is the inaccessibility of ShopAmerica's website (as well as physical office in a place like Lagos - for clearing purpose) which sends a negative signal about the shipping company. This is unlike Shippyme with interactive website and two physical offices in Lagos (which literally make it one of the best in Nigeria).

Nevertheless, kudos for the list.

Tope
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by omoteretop: 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
cne010: Omoteretop can you please shut up if you can't find our missing packages Abeg!

Are you sure you really want to hit the wrong person?

Shippyme is responsible for your packages and not me. Maybe you need expert's help in interpreting written words before you respond to people.

My concern is that you are either afraid of opening competition for Shippyme or dumb about business operations.

I suggest you go back for higher degrees if you are already a grad.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 11:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
omoteretop:

Shippyme is responsible for your packages and not me. Maybe you need expert's help in interpreting written words before you respond to people.

My concern is that you are either afraid of opening competition for Shippyme or dumb about business operations.

Check out chinosxl on nairaland everyone has moved like I said earlier just shut up. You're just like that guy they cornered in a room to snap that held his gift like a price money. You joined nairaland since 2009 just to comment on shippyme you might be stupid but some of us here happen to be smart just like as I spotted your brother earlier posing in shippyme office.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
omoteretop:

if i were you, will just keep quite.. you dont need all the analysis because the issue on hand does not in anyway concern you.. if you are using there services and they are treating you well.. congratulations. but as for me it has been horrible all along, during this past month, i have used 2 shipping company no story item delivered!!! i dont need to spend my entire money calling them to find out where packages are... shippyme was a mistake all along, they might change but then... early this year my package was misplaced for several months...i came back to them because of there foreign rep now i understand it was a big mistake...

in between this, one of my customer mistakenly ship an iphone to there office last week... and was shipped on friday, can u imagine that up till now the same booking is still reading departed?? how long will it take to send something from USA to Nigeria? 5 days 10days? i dont know.. the status suppose to have changed by now but it hasnt and the customer care rep wont pick up her calls.. cant blame the poor lady at the end of the telephone line though, a company as big as shippyme using only 1 phone line in this 21century is pathetic..

maybe they should take a clue from shoptopmydoor, you dont need to call anyone, ship your item to them, infact they help you update your booking, and when is convenient for you can make your payment.. they usually ship out every weekend.

they told us last week that, we will get a final response from them this week alas is still the old story.. no email no calls no update. today is friday.
keep my finger cross though...

it is well
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
Clearing customs with other shipping company is less than 2days.. but with shippyme maybe 1week or 2. strange
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
twinskenny: Clearing customs with other shipping company is less than 2days.. but with shippyme maybe 1week or 2. strange

I wonder if na the same customs dem dey use.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
Clearing custom
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by infogenius(m): 10:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
omoteretop:

I respect you, Infogenius.

I've ran a background check on your posts, they are informative and constructive.

The only challenge in your post is the inaccessibility of ShopAmerica's website (as well as physical office in a place like Lagos - for clearing purpose) which sends a negative signal about the shipping company. This is unlike Shippyme with interactive website and two physical offices in Lagos (which literally make it one of the best in Nigeria).

Nevertheless, kudos for the list.

Tope

Thanks for the compliment.
I will get the website of shop america if I can.They have a physical address in Kaduna.
I know their office and have their numbers so I do need the website for anything.

Not having a website does not mean they are not credible,at least shippyme with their website
have done more harm than good to businesses of many Nigerians especially with the misinformation
they provide.

You have given them one of the best in Nigeria, I am sorry I share a very different opinion to yours
and I say it with all sincerity.

Anyway, thanks for ur time.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
infogenius:

Thanks for the compliment.
I will get the website of shop america if I can.They have a physical address in Kaduna.
I know their office and have their numbers so I do need the website for anything.

Not having a website does not mean they are not credible,at least shippyme with their website
have done more harm than good to businesses of many Nigerians especially with the misinformation
they provide.

You have given them one of the best in Nigeria, I am sorry I share a very different opinion to yours
and I say it with all sincerity.

Anyway, thanks for ur time.

consistency is always the key of any shipping company, and also truthful communication usually go along way... shippyme might have the best web page around but trust me there service is abysmal.... am shipping with shoptomydoor for the first time, but so far there response time has been excellent.. i am going to do a review on them soon.

through out friday, i called shippyme office through out on friday they wont pick my calls.. imagine is that how to treat customer? tommorow they will come here and start defending themselve. if by thursday this week i dont get my item, i am ready to involve authority to get either my item or my money from them.. i have informed my lawyer friend about this...
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
[/quote]
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by infogenius(m): 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
twinskenny:

consistency is always the key of any shipping company, and also truthful communication usually go along way... shippyme might have the best web page around but trust me there service is abysmal.... am shipping with shoptomydoor for the first time, but so far there response time has been excellent.. i am going to do a review on them soon.

through out friday, i called shippyme office through out on friday they wont pick my calls.. imagine is that how to treat customer? tommorow they will come here and start defending themselve. if by thursday this week i dont get my item, i am ready to involve authority to get either my item or my money from them.. i have informed my lawyer friend about this...

I am not usually happy when I read things about a company that
has so much potential but have failed to live up to expectation.

I received a call from them after I posted my ordeal with them
on N/Land (even though the thread has gone with the tsunami)
and I told them I may never use their service again.
In fact when I think of using them again, I feel a shrill going through
my body.

Honestly, I will not even think of using their service again, the pains people go
through using their service is just too Much.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by shoptomydoor: 9:31am On Sep 22, 2014
twinskenny:

Hello twinskenny, we are glad to know you had good first-time experience. Thanks for the vote of confidence, we continue to improve our service in order to make our customers happy.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 23, 2014
I just got an email that the package is ready for delivery. Finally it's here anyone gotten his as well?
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
cne010: I just got an email that the package is ready for delivery. Finally it's here anyone gotten his as well?
no I didn't..
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
twinskenny: no I didn't..

I have gotten mine already I think you should call them.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 5:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
Quote.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
cne010:

I have gotten mine already I think you should call them.
mine is not there... and they wont pick up my calls either
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
twinskenny: mine is not there... and they wont pick up my calls either

I'm really surprised, Cos I already got mine and I thought they were in the same shipment.

The shippyme mystery.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 7:12am On Sep 24, 2014
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Many Companies Will Start Closing Shop Due To CBN Forex Policy – MAN / Beautiful Photos Of Nana Otedola / Jimoh Ibrahim Father Dies, Two Months After His Mum's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.