Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,788 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] (25442 Views)

My Sour Experience With Shippyme.com / Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland / Review On Www.shippyme.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by ejipkiss: 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
[Catlanta]Please you guys should do something fast about this email switch because i can not log in to my account nor can i change the password because it still the old email the resting link will go to..
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 6:42am On Sep 09, 2014
same story
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 10:28am On Sep 10, 2014
@ ALL

They claimed the Airline apparently has misplaced our items so to say... hope to hear there final conclusion tomorow
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 10, 2014
twinskenny: @ ALL

They claimed the Airline apparently has misplaced our items so to say... hope to hear there final conclusion tomorow

Are you for real. I can't believe this
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Catlanta: 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
Good day, there has been no confirmation of this. What you were told is that we have not gotten a firm update from our Carrier and that we have set a deadline for tomorrow in order to have some information that we can communicate to those customers affected by this delay on the part of our Carriers. We will be communicating this via email tomorrow. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
twinskenny: @ ALL

Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
Catlanta: Good day, there has been no confirmation of this. What you were told is that we have not gotten a firm update from our Carrier and that we have set a deadline for tomorrow in order to have some information that we can communicate to those customers affected by this delay on the part of our Carriers. We will be communicating this via email tomorrow. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

now i understand the level of incompetence your entire team are made of!!! starting from your overall BOSS!! WHAT A SHAME. your representative has the gut to call me a lier base on the fact that my item worth 400k has been with you for the past 1 and halve month?? and you expect me to be quite about it? i wont use any foul words here but now i understand the kind of stuff u guys are made of.. meanwhile like you claim i am expecting your feedback tommorow regarding the whereabout of my item.

imagine after a month plus its now u are talking to your airline about a missing item? isnt that a shame from your own part? you set the deadline of 5 to 10days yet my item has spent over 45days with you and you expect me to go to sleep? do you know that is where i earn my living from? it happend to me once, your team claimed youve changed.. never knew it will be like this.. am so disappointed.

i believe given out information here hurt you so bad.. but we will continue to do it until you guys effect the necessary change in your system.... what a bad experience!!!

1 Like

Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Catlanta: 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sir, we truly understand where you are coming from and we apologize for the delay you have experienced. However, several of the claims you have made need to be addressed.

The fact that we have a thriving official nairaland account shows that we encourage and value customer participation and engagement.

Barely 48 hours after the flight was to have landed, we immediately notified the Airline that we had not received the cargo which we had delivered to them. We did not wait a month, that is untenable. The Airline assured us that the delay was caused by a mix up on their part and that the cargo would be rerouted to the correct destination.

We accept full responsibility for their actions and hold ourselves accountable to you, however, to call this a case of incompetence on our part would be wrong. The fact that we have not had such an instance as this before, and the fact that even after this shipment in question other batches of packages have arrived and been delivered to their owners, is indicative that this is an extremely rare occurrence.

Do know that we are doing all we can to get your package safely to you.
twinskenny:

now i understand the level of incompetence your entire team are made of!!! starting from your overall BOSS!! WHAT A SHAME. your representative has the gut to call me a lier base on the fact that my item worth 400k has been with you for the past 1 and halve month?? and you expect me to be quite about it? i wont use any foul words here but now i understand the kind of stuff u guys are made of.. meanwhile like you claim i am expecting your feedback tommorow regarding the whereabout of my item.

imagine after a month plus its now u are talking to your airline about a missing item? isnt that a shame from your own part? you set the deadline of 5 to 10days yet my item has spent over 45days with you and you expect me to go to sleep? do you know that is where i earn my living from? it happend to me once, your team claimed youve changed.. never knew it will be like this.. am so disappointed.

i believe given out information here hurt you so bad.. but we will continue to do it until you guys effect the necessary change in your system.... what a bad experience!!!

Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 4:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
They are one of the most creative company I have seen .
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Catlanta: 10:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
On the contrary, we are more accountable here and can be held to a higher standard this way. For us, customer satisfaction is our highest aim and one of the the best indicators is a democratic forum such as this. Could you please give us your suggestions on how you would have preferred this to have been handled in your case.
euwajeh: Sad that this has to come to the public rather than settling it privately. You people should have done the right thing . i have the same problem .My both items are no where to be found . I am in the same problem
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 11:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
Like you said customer satisfaction is ur highest aim, Good to hear that.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by lxgx1: 11:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/destination/id/199509/height/65/width/450/theme/standard/direction/no/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/" height="65" width="450" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by wapfire: 11:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
if you want to use glo Bis on your Samsung phone call or add me on whatsap using 08126609722
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Catlanta: 10:15am On Sep 11, 2014
Thank you for your suggestions. It is definitely something we will improve upon. Communicating the efforts we are making clearly to the customer and having them understand the steps of each process. Thank you very much.
euwajeh: Like you said customer satisfaction is ur highest aim, Good to hear that. In handling situations like this is by calling the customer by phone or inviting the customer to the office and making him know the challengers that you guys are going through not by letting the customer coming to a forum like this to express is mind. I have two items on the 6th and 15th. But no information when I call I get difference answer which is not good for a company , In times of crises communication is the best key. No body has called me or text me. About my items. Because this issuse might get out of hand.Work something with your customer the early the better

1 Like

Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 11:31am On Sep 11, 2014
You it's the first time you are having this issue right? What happens to my package that spent close to 3momth with u earlier this year? Anyway hope to hear your decision today though...patiently waiting too
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
YES GOT A MAIL FROM YOU GUYS FOR AUGUST 15TH PACKAGE DELAYED .
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Catlanta: 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hello, we have given you the process by which you can effect this change. Please contact customer care if you are still having problems logging in.They will be able to better help you with this.
ejipkiss: Please you guys should do something fast about this email switch because i can not log in to my account nor can i change the password because it still the old email the resting link will go to..
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by cris19901: 11:13am On Sep 12, 2014
well!! as far as am concern, and as far as my shipment with shippyme is concern. i have no issue with them. i got my package at exactly the 11th day i made the payment. so i can say it in french i had no issue with them till this moment am typing this msg......... well!!! am still going to use them again.
well!!! am not in anyway connected with shippyme.am just a happy customer....... Fadiscojay@gmail.com
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 12, 2014
cris19901: well!! as far as am concern, and as far as my shipment with shippyme is concern. i have no issue with them. i got my package at exactly the 11th day i made the payment. so i can say it in french i had no issue with them till this moment am typing this msg......... well!!! am still going to use them again.
well!!! am not in anyway connected with shippyme.am just a happy customer....... Fadiscojay@gmail.com

Is that why we are here? You didn't ask them if the allegations here are true or not? My package has been with then for 6 weeks and no where to be found. Keep using them and that's none of my business. See this iiidiot that they cornered into one room in their Lagos office (isn't that the walkway from the entrance after climbing the stairs) and snapped him like he is holding a price money. God I hate a55 kissers.

So you just opened a nairaland account to write only this cos this is your first post here. Smh
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
Payment was made.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by shrekandfiona: 12:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
cne010:

Is that why we are here? You didn't ask them if the allegations here are true or not? My package has been with then for 6 weeks and no where to be found. Keep using them and that's none of my business. See this iiidiot that they cornered into one room in their Lagos office (isn't that the walkway from the entrance after climbing the stairs) and snapped him like he is holding a price money. God I hate a55 kissers.

So you just opened a nairaland account to write only this cos this is your first post here. Smh

lol. Busted cheesy
@all, when all your issues are sorted out, do a search on chinosxl you'll see his thread. He is a rare breed.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by shrekandfiona: 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
cris19901: well!! as far as am concern, and as far as my shipment with shippyme is concern. i have no issue with them. i got my package at exactly the 11th day i made the payment. so i can say it in french i had no issue with them till this moment am typing this msg......... well!!! am still going to use them again.
fear God and call a spade a spade. undecided
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
shrekandfiona:
lol. Busted cheesy
@all, when all your issues are sorted out, do a search on chinosxl you'll see his thread. He is a rare breed.

Bros I just read through his thread he is God sent.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Catlanta: 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
Good day, Mr Ekene. Just yesterday you spoke with both our US and Nigerian teams who informed you that the packages are part of the delayed shipment. You were sent an email, along with other affected customers outlining every event as well as everything we are doing and are going to do to get the packages delivered. At every point our customer service staff has spoken with you and kept you informed. Our Carrier made an unfortunate error with that shipment and that is why your package has not been delivered. [b]Twinskenny, cne010 [/b]and yourself all have packages in the same shipment and that is the only reason for the delay you have experienced. This customer simply wanted everyone to know how rare such an occurrence is. We are still delivering packages everyday even as we work towards delivering your packages to you.
euwajeh: Sad that you can say this and even take picture. I am not surprise because going through your profile you only just have 1 post. My items have been with them for 38 days and uptill now no answer to where my items are.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
i dont care who u are, if they pay u good for you, but you should read the thread first... is that why they snapped your pics to paste here?? funny stuff

and i have learned they are now begging people to come here and drop positive feedback.. good for them
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
Catlanta: Good day, Mr Ekene. Just yesterday you spoke with both our US and Nigerian teams who informed you that the packages are part of the delayed shipment. You were sent an email, along with other affected customers outlining every event as well as everything we are doing and are going to do to get the packages delivered. At every point our customer service staff has spoken with you and kept you informed. Our Carrier made an unfortunate error with that shipment and that is why your package has not been delivered. [b]Twinskenny, cne010 [/b]and yourself all have packages in the same shipment and that is the only reason for the delay you have experienced. This customer simply wanted everyone to know how rare such an occurrence is. We are still delivering packages everyday even as we work towards delivering your packages to you.

its not rare occasion my friend, it has happend to me around may this year, took you 3 months to deliver.. but your US team make me come back. cause they single handedly bought my samsung galaxy tab which was placed over there in the usa.. even though your boss here claimed they wont do anything about it..

Enough of the talking though, i need timeline on this things.. i do an email to you please find time to reply me very important..

Thank you
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by HapiNna: 8:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
I'm currently having one of the worst experience with Shippyme. The most painful part is that your emails are not replied.

Firstly, I was told that I had a missing item and that I should book for shipment. I replied informing the representative that I have booked with the shipment number.

I don't know why it is taking forever for my item to be linked to the shipment number so shipment can begin.

Shippyme really disappointed me.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by omoteretop: 12:26am On Sep 13, 2014
twinskenny:

maybe he should visit the facebook page... at least all the comments there are all NEGATIVE!!! maybe the poster is lucky or apparently working for them as usual..

you pay for air freight they will ship your products via sea freight... isnt that exploitation?? like i said before if i dont hear anything regarding my items today i will definitely carry out what i have in mind.. and mind you the insurance factor will not work because according to status my item is still with them in the US.

such a bad company they are.. regret ever dealing with them.

I have a name to myself. I have read through the negative posts. I also have gone through the positive threads. I have no side to take than to share my experience. I did not say it was the best experience but it was not bad either. If you say i am lucky...good. But if you think i am working for them...bad. That i dropped a review of my shipping experience does not qualify me to be a Shippyme staff.

I emphatise with their customers with awful experiences.

Although, the company operates in a tough business environment like Nigeria, i would strongly advice that the company change certain HRM policies that drags their name in the mud.

In all, Shippyme is evolving and still remains one of the best in the industry.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by omoteretop: 12:59am On Sep 13, 2014
infogenius:

This is their norm.

This not true,maybe u used another bad shipper b'cos of ur anger.I have been shipping with another shipping company even b4 I stopped using shippyme and I have not had any cause to regret using them and I am still using them as I write this.U only need to be better informed.

Lucky you.

This is not really true.Not all Nigerians that ship through shippyme are dumb.
I did the above (as I ordered I updated on the portal) when I ordered through shippyme
and it still ended in the same sad tale.
I believe u and other shippers should continue to enjoy this unconditional favor from shippyme and give us good
testimonies so that the complaints will reduce.

I love your balanced analysis of the review of my shipping experience with Shippyme.

I am a researcher and buys hundreds of books from the USA every year. I have shipped directly from different companies since 2004. So, Shippyme is not my first mode of shipment. The company has nothing to offer me to write reviews as i pay them to ship my goods. In other words, my review was purely personal and not connected to the survival of the company in question.

I have read a lot of negative reviews of Shippyme on Nairaland and Facebook before giving it a try. Throughout these reviews, people claim they have used better companies. Some mentioned the names of these companies (often own by them) and others kept mute. In your own review too, you did not mention the good ones available. You only praised the company you used. Here are what you can do to improve the industry:

1. Identify and publish the names of good (shipping) companies you used in the last few months
2. Compare their shipping cost, delivery period and package handling
3. Based on your personal experience, describe their customer relations

When you do this, it will send a serous warning to Shippyme of increasing competition in the industry. It will also better our shipping experience in Nigeria.

In the final analysis, i do not write for Shippyme but myself. I have used their service and consider it OK (65%) in a turbulent business environment such as Nigeria. For customers who have had bitter experience, i strongly emphatise with you. The solution to shipping crisis is to expand the competition. it begins with objective review of all shipping companies that have heavy presence online.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 13, 2014
Omoteretop can you please shut up if you can't find our missing packages Abeg!
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
@shippyme,

Hope we will get a positive answer from you this week,, i sent an email last week as usual no reply.. thats the norm
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
Just hope dat my Aug 6th is ready for collection.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

5 Types Of People Around You When You Start Making Money / Adesola Adeduntan: CBN Queries First Bank As CEO Is ‘Purportedly Forced Out" / Recoloured Naira Notes Still In Circulation - CBN Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.