Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Why Is It Wrong For A Young Lady To Stay Alone?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It Wrong For A Young Lady To Stay Alone?? (921 Views)

Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? / Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Wrong For A Young Lady To Stay Alone?? by loveslife(f): 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hey guys!!! Ok, I wasn't sure where to post this but am sure I want sampled, the opinion of mature members of this forum on a thought that I have been nursing for quite a long time now. I was born and brought up in lagos, in fact, my parents live there. But I am seriously considering staying put in ibadan after my service year. But I av heard people say it is not good for a young lady to leave alone. Yet I really want to be on my own. I need to concentrate. Pls advice me.
Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Young Lady To Stay Alone?? by laurel03(m): 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
Except u are a strong born again....if not guyz go just they come count scores....

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Young Lady To Stay Alone?? by babysugar1(f): 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
U really av to be strong to do dat,cos guys take advantage of such situation. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Young Lady To Stay Alone?? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
Yea, i think it's actualy nice advicing any lady not to live considering the below points;
(1) level of maturity
(2)fear of lack of security
(3)fear of associating with wayward friends
(4)eehhmm pls add urs grin
Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Young Lady To Stay Alone?? by richyblink1(m): 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
loveslife: Hey guys!!! Ok, I wasn't sure where to post this but am sure I want sampled, the opinion of mature members of this forum on a thought that I have been nursing for quite a long time now. I was born and brought up in lagos, in fact, my parents live there. But I am seriously considering staying put in ibadan after my service year. But I av heard people say it is not good for a young lady to leave alone. Yet I really want to be on my own. I need to concentrate. Pls advice me.

You don't just decide to stay put or leave a certain environment without considering some major factors.

1. What are your chances of surviving alone there. Ie, feeding, rent, transport etc.

2. Do you have a clear cut vision on the type of job you want to settle for.

3. Do you think your current location have higher chances of getting you settled ASAP

4. Should in case you fail in the listed options, do you have a plan B.

5. What's your reason for wanting to stay back.

6. Are your parents and siblings aware, and what's their reaction.

Note: gender has nothing to do with staying alone, hence you have actually defined your life

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Young Lady To Stay Alone?? by SAMBARRY: 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nothing wrong in staying alone. I have been staying alone for yrars now and all this insecurity, bad friends etc society is shouting up and down is just fear and part of subjugating women so that they will be perpetually under control and watchful eyes undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Young Lady To Stay Alone?? by loveslife(f): 2:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
[quote author=richyblink1]

You don't just decide to stay put or leave a certain environment without considering some major factors.

Thanks so much richyblink for your quick response. I already have set things in motion to cater for my self and yes I think staying alone will improve my chances of getting settled soon. As for plan b, I never thought of that. Perhaps because I know I have no business failing. I already said I needed to concentrate. Folks be breathing down my neck. That's one too many distraction. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Young Lady To Stay Alone?? by loveslife(f): 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
Lol @ laurel. No need to worry dear. Am certainly not the type.
Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Young Lady To Stay Alone?? by loveslife(f): 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
Lol @ laurel. No need to worry dear. Am certainly not the type.
God is my muscle
Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Young Lady To Stay Alone?? by loveslife(f): 2:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
[quote author=unpredictedone]Yea, i think it's actualy nice advicing any lady not to live considering the below points;
(1) level of maturity
(2)fear of lack of security
(3)fear of associating with wayward friends
(4)eehhmm pls add urs grin[/quote

Errm, dear unpredicted one, a. In my late 20s. Is that old enough
Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Young Lady To Stay Alone?? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
richyblink1:
1. What are your chances of surviving alone there. Ie, feeding, rent, transport etc.
2. Do you have a clear cut vision on the type of job you want to settle for.
3. Do you think your current location have higher chances of getting you settled ASAP
4. Should in case you fail in the listed options, do you have a plan B.
5. What's your reason for wanting to stay back.
6. Are your parents and siblings aware, and what's their reaction.
Note: gender has nothing to do with staying alone, hence you have actually defined your life

I need to buy this man a drink.
Poster, i copy this
Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Young Lady To Stay Alone?? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
For you to even ask, it means you are not mature yet to make that move. Do you have any job in sight? What is your game plan in Ibadan? How do you intend fending for yourself?

I stayed alone as a student and employed graduate for years, cos I schooled and worked in a different city from that of my family. Didn't need anyone's approval cos I knew what I wanted and my family knew I could cope and didn't need any babysitting.

If your family knows you are responsible and have a solid plan, they won't be against your decision.

Goodluck.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is There Still No Male Birth Control Pill? / Marriage Predicaments Of A Kcb (photos) / Photo: Royal Family Of Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Muhammadu II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.