Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra (5959 Views)

Governor Udom Emmanuel Builds House Just 4 Months In Govt - Sahara Reporters / Fire At Abonima Jetty & Atali Eneka Road In Port Harcourt / 5 killed in daring Boko Haram Raid On Airforce Base And Military Checkpoint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by chino24: 2:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
The Nigerian Navy on Monday praised the Anambra government for donating 996 plots of land to it on the outskirts of Onitsha for the building of barracks.

Oamen said that the state government was already building the access road to the location that would serve as the navy barracks’ permanent site.

We want to quickly get our barracks because this is not an ideal situation, but we understand everything you are starting – teething problem.

So it will give us more breathing space, more conducive environment when we get to the barrack, we have our jetty.

I would not blame anybody because the government had tried, they have given us almost 996 plots.

In the South-East you can’t get that kind of land. So I must commend the former governor. Of course, we need a lot of resources to build it, but (that will be done) in phases.

So, once we get that major thing, then we now have more men, more equipment coming; then our operations would be smoother.

Pertaining to the people, they are beginning to be happy now because I get a lot of responses and reactions from the communities.

“I want us to keep it, we understand that in the navy, we try to be very professional.”

The commanding officer told newsmen that the navy authorities had already begun the perimeter fencing of the land.

He said that the navy would continue to partner the government as well as residents of Onitsha and its riverine neigbouring communities to ensure the safety of all Nigerians.

The permanent site of the Naval Base is within Odekpe Community in Ogbaru Local Government Area of the state, about 12 minutes drive to the heart of Onitsha.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/08/navy-praises-anambra-govt-donating-996-plots-land-build-barracks/

6 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
Pictures na...
Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by stebell(m): 2:43pm On Aug 12, 2014
Tnx Chino for all dis Fresh Air info.
Indeed yu are doing a gr8 job.

Kudos Chino.

7 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by chino24: 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
We should all THANK GOD for using GEJ to develop SE..

stebell: Tnx Chino for all dis Fresh Air info.
Indeed yu are doing a gr8 job.

Kudos Chino.

5 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by collynzov5: 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
Chino is just out to give people heart attack today.
SMH!

10 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by chino24: 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
shocked
Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by shizzle11(m): 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
Chino bringing good news from omambala on nairaland since 2005 cool

9 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by asadike(f): 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
God bless obiano, God bless anambra,God bless ndi igbo al ova d world,God bless chino d harbinger of great news and God bless me 4 swalowin it al,hook,line and sinker.

10 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
collynzov5: Chino is just out to give people heart attack today.
SMH!

Why would anyone develop heart attack over this kind of news?

Building a naval base where most of the officers and ratings will be idle 90% of the time except on rare occasions to be use to terrorize citizens.....and almost 95% of those officers and ratings will be people from outside the SE region.

Really I don't know how this will be beneficial to YOU personally or any common man in the SE....

Just praise the move....and stop looking for e-confrontation where none should exist

7 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by collynzov5: 3:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
ilugunboy:

Building a naval base where most of the officers and ratings will be idle 90% of the time except on rare occasions to be use to terrorize citizens.....and almost 95% of those officers and ratings will be people from outside the SE region.

Really I don't know how this will be beneficial to YOU personally or any common man in the SE....

Just praise the move....and stop looking for e-confrontation where none should exist
These are obviously words of an angry man, the kind of people I was referring to.

21 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
What about security to the host community and the state at large.

Must it have economic importance to be meaningful?

ilugunboy:

10 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
collynzov5:
These are obviously words of an angry man, the kind of people I was referring to.

Be honest and leave Nairaland make-believe sense of satisfaction....how does this benefit you and the SE at large?

On the contrary..the more they establish those barracks....the more they encircle alaibo with non-SE men.

We recently saw how Ohaneze was crying that the commissioners of police in SE are all non SEasterners....I can bet that both the CO and staff officer of that base would be non SEasterners.

4 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
BuddahMonk: What about security to the host community and the state at large.

You don't want to insult a dirty...unclean and uncircumcised dude?
Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by smallJagaban: 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2014

PRESENCE OF MILITARY HEADQUARTERS IN KADUNA, HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO PROTECT THE CITIZEN OF KADUNA FULLY AGAINST BOKOHARAM.

HAS THE THE PRESENCE OF NAVY IN NIGER DELTA PROTECT THE PEOPLE OF NIGER DELTA AGAINST MILITANT?

1 Like

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by collynzov5: 4:27pm On Aug 12, 2014

Do not buy that guy's propaganda.
The roads leading to that community will be kept in good condition because of that base, there will be a ''mammy'' market inside or close to the base to serve the soldiers and their families, that alone will help the community to boom economically, there will be standard sports facilities in the base that the community youth and children will also benefit from, (If I am to judge by what I see in other places where Nigerian military bases are located), they will likely build a standard primary and secondary school in the base which the locals will also benefit from, the advantages are endless.
Don't bother yourself about Ilmuguboy, we know them well.

8 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by uch12(f): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ewooo. Chino onye oma nke mu, dalu for updatn us. E di egwu, e nuo on point!!

1 Like

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by AkinEgba: 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2014
ilugunboy:

Be honest and leave Nairaland make-believe sense of satisfaction....how does this benefit you and the SE at large?

On the contrary..the more they establish those barracks....the more they encircle alaibo with non-SE men.

We recently saw how Ohaneze was crying that the commissioners of police in SE are all non SEasterners....I can bet that both the CO and staff officer of that base would be non SEasterners.

Each State gets a police commissioner (CP). The 5 Igbo CPs are serving elsewhere, so what's your point? Sometimes Ohaneze can be wrong.
Advantages:
The area will become more developed ala Nigerian style.
Some of the Officers and ratings will be Igbo.
Most of the non-military staff will be Igbo
There will be more new people to patronize local businesses.
There will be a naval presence in Anambra (assuming none was there before)

7 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
smallJagaban:

PRESENCE OF MILITARY HEADQUARTERS IN KADUNA, HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO PROTECT THE CITIZEN OF KADUNA FULLY AGAINST BOKOHARAM.

HAS THE THE PRESENCE OF NAVY IN NIGER DELTA PROTECT THE PEOPLE OF NIGER DELTA AGAINST MILITANT?
The economic importance of the base can be found in some other areas and not necessarily to fight militancy and insurgency/terrorism because Igbo are neither militants nor terrorists but hard working people who care only making money and taking care of their families.

5 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by biafranqueen: 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
Wow this is going to bring a lot of economy to Anambra every Navy Port boost the economy of the area without fail! Well done Governor this is going to bring in a flood of development!
Restaurant, hotels and retail will get a great influx of cash coming in from a new source, this is sure to boost Onitsha as an economic hub and open up jobs and infrastructure like we have not seen in a while. Good news!

4 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by biafranqueen: 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
APContherun:
The economic importance of the base can be found in some other areas and not necessarily to fight militancy and insurgency/terrorism because Igbo are neither militants nor terrorists but hard working people who care only making money and taking care of their families.
CORRECT!
Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
AkinEgba:

Each State gets a police commissioner (CP). The 5 Igbo CPs are serving elsewhere, so what's your point? Sometimes Ohaneze can be wrong.
Advantages:
The area will become more developed ala Nigerian style.
Some of the Officers and ratings will be Igbo.
Most of the non-military staff will be Igbo
There will be more new people to patronize local businesses.
There will be a naval presence in Anambra (assuming none was there before)

Ok
Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by oldenglish: 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
ilugunboy:

Do you know how much it cost to build a base? Who will be the local job men used to build the base? The navy people will patronize the local market which means increase in sales and turnover, the benefit is endless. Also I support you that it does not warrant some guys to trow jab to non igbos. But all the same all of you are guilty of it.

7 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
oldenglish: Do you know how much it cost to build a base? Who will be the local job men used to build the base? The navy people will patronize the local market which means increase in sales and turnover, the benefit is endless. Also I support you that it does not warrant some guys to trow jab to non igbos. But all the same all of you are guilty of it.

Well....I may not doubt the trickle down effect of siting such base anywhere....however, my grouse with the initial member I quoted was the insinuation that some people will develop heart attack to hear such news.
Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by chino24: 4:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
I need to add Tonto Dike to this thread.. cool

2 Likes

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by biafranqueen: 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2014
ilugunboy:

Well....I may not doubt the trickle down effect of siting such base anywhere....however, my grouse with the initial member I quoted was the insinuation that some people will develop heart attack to hear such news.
You should be happy that is less Igbo's moving to your beloved West. If you really want us to leave Lagos for you people pray for the East to succeed. grin
Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by wheredemdey: 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
chino24: I need to add Tonto Dike to this thread.. cool

CHINO NWA ANAMBRA

INUGO NWANYI??

OLU GI AMAKA..KAM NYE GI NWADA GA AMI GI AMU

PLS REPLY ASAP.

UDO
Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
biafranqueen: You should be happy that is less Igbo's moving to your beloved West. If you really want us to leave Lagos for you people pray for the East to succeed. grin

Madam...

Hope you've been able to clear the Ashewos from Lagos Stadium .. grin grin

You are all missing the meat of the argument.....why should I have an issue with where the military authorities feel like locating a naval base?

It makes absolutely no sense unless you are just looking for needless argument.

Well...congratulations!
Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by chino24: 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ask BiafranQueen about that part.. cheesy cheesy

wheredemdey:

CHINO NWA ANAMBRA

INUGO NWANYI??

PLS REPLY ASAP.

UDO
Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by chino24: 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
How did you come about this? grin grin grin grin grin

wheredemdey:

Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by collynzov5: 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
To those doubting the economic importance of the project, remember they are also building a jetty...
Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by wheredemdey: 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
chino24: How did you come about this? grin grin grin grin grin

NWANNE ITS MY LIL WAY OF SAYING DAAALU FOR ALL YOUR GOOD WORKS.

THERE IS THIS CORRECT CHIC I KNOW,SHE GAVE ME A GOOD TIME THE LAST TIME I WAS IN AWKA..MAYBE I WILL SEND YOU HER DETAILS.

NWATA AHU DI EGWU..THATS MY LIL TOKEN..YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB AND CORRECT ANAMBRARIANS LIKE US NEED TO ENCOURAGE YOU.

MAKE I INBOX YOU HER DETAILS...JUST SAY YES AND YOU HAVE HER..THE GAL DI EGWU..EZIOKWU M wink wink
Re: Navy Builds Permanent Base And Jetty In Anambra by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
biafranqueen: You should be happy that is less Igbo's moving to your beloved West. If you really want us to leave Lagos for you people pray for the East to succeed. grin

Onitsha people and people of Anambra wont benefit from that project,we should not be celebrating things like that,yes the guy you quoted asked one question...What is the economic significance of building a navy barrack in Onitsha?..it can only create temporary jobs for labourers during the construction stage and after that..

Onitsha has a military barrack already and the residents of that barrack with the nigerian police have been more of a liability to Onitsha people,ask people living in that city..police love onitsha cos they make a hell of money there before they either retire or go on transfer same with some of the military guys there.

Onitsha is congested,i expected to see the govt use that land to decongest the city,an almost 1000 unit of houses would go a long way to solving that problem.

There are lots of land disputes around nsugbe and owelle ezukala,most people are moving to asaba cos of that,i know few friends who bought lands and built at asaba.lots more are migrating.

Onitsha is a self made town,the people are self employed and successful,all they want is amenities...let govt provide lands,access roads,water with strict regulation on the buildings...a lot of people would want to build 5 story buildings where duplexes are meant to be.

Onitsha do not need the presence of Navy and their barracks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Someone List The Allegations Of Corruption Against GEJ? / Lagos Elections: 70% Results Out And Ambode Leading / Orubebe: CCT Postpones Judgement To July 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.