Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police (1893 Views)

Heavy Gunshots Riots In Kogi...road Block.... / Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos / Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by abdnMe: 1:14am On Aug 13, 2014
Troubles not only in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DibRyEXUsE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0TrH2m58EU

Source: http://www.ibtimes.com/obama-mum-mike-brown-ferguson-riots-praises-robin-williams-critics-notice-1655716

Less than three hours after Robin Williams’ death was reported, President Barack Obama issued a warm tribute to the beloved actor. “Robin Williams was an airman, a doctor, a genie, a nanny, a president, a professor, a bangarang Peter Pan, and everything in between,” Obama’s statement read.

The sentiment may have comforted millions of fans in shock over the 63-year-old actor’s apparent suicide, but for many of those mourning the death of Mike Brown -- the black teenager who was gunned down by police in suburban St. Louis on Saturday -- Obama’s words added insult to injury.

For the last two days, Brown’s supporters have been calling on the president to issue a statement condemning the 18-year-old’s killing, which sparked a wave of unrest and looting in Ferguson, Missouri, on Sunday, amid a social media campaign calling for justice. Brown, a recent high school graduate, was scheduled to begin college on Monday.

Although many details surrounding his death are still unknown, police confirmed that he was unarmed when he was shot and killed during an altercation on the streets of Ferguson.

Brown’s killing followed two other recent incidents of African-American men being killed by police. On Sunday, Brown supporters launched a White Housepetition calling on Obama to issue a statement on all three killings and demand congressional action.

Late Monday afternoon, when the president made brief remarks about new developments in Iraq, some had hoped he would take the time to weigh in on Brown’s death. But the president did not veer from the topic at hand.   For many Twitter users, Obama’s quickly issued statement on Williams’ death on Monday made his continued silence on Brown that much more frustrating.

Updated Tuesday, 4:50 p.m.:
The White House issued the following statement on the shooting death of Mike Brown:
“The death of Michael Brown is heartbreaking, and Michelle and I send our deepest condolences to his family and his community at this very difficult time. As Attorney General Holder has indicated, the Department of Justice is investigating the situation along with local officials, and they will continue to direct resources to the case as needed. I know the events of the past few days have prompted strong passions, but as details unfold, I urge everyone in Ferguson, Missouri, and across the country, to remember this young man through reflection and understanding. We should comfort each other and talk with one another in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds. Along with our prayers, that’s what Michael and his family, and our broader American community, deserve.”

Source:
http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/08/11/16/13/riots-looting-in-us-after-unarmed-teen-killed-by-police

A looter breaks into a store in Ferguson, Missouri, as riots continue for a second day. (Twitter/@IDAF134)

An American town is ablaze after a police shooting of an unarmed black teenager in Missouri sparked fury in the community, with reports of looting and riots emerging following a candlelit vigil. Michael Brown, 18, was shot multiple times by police in the town of Ferguson after a confrontation.
Re: Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by deeobserver209(m): 1:45am On Aug 13, 2014
Very unfortunate. RIP to the boy. This has been a recurring problem facing the US for years. Well I guess every country have it's own challenges. Gun violence, gangsters and drug related violence are serious challenges.
Let me stop here. supporters of APC members may still blame Goodluck Jonathan for the riot in the United States.

1 Like

Re: Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by Dreal1247: 2:06am On Aug 13, 2014
So this issue of looting through riot still occurs in US even with their security cameras. Nigeria still have hope.
Re: Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by Afam4eva(m): 6:07am On Aug 13, 2014
I saw the news of the guy that was gunned down by the police but didn't know it would get to this. But is that guy actually stealing something from the store? This reminds me of the great London riots some years back.
Re: Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by BishopMagic: 6:15am On Aug 13, 2014
Niggaz gonna Nig!

This is the problem.

Black People of America are by far the most lazy, dysfunctional people on the planet. Acting like over grown kids and never taking responsibility for their actions and always looking for some lame azz excuse on why they are down. If it isn't "The Man" is holding me down or "The Man" got me on lock it is other niggaz hating on them.

Bunch of lazy ignoramus with a lot of misplaced priorities.

3 Likes

Re: Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 13, 2014
Yes. And they thought a Black President would save them. Guess he's not "Black-Enough" after all. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by Omexonomy: 6:57am On Aug 13, 2014
Where are the APC he-goats and she-goats let them come and tell us how gej is responsible for the riot so that we will join and condem gej.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by abdnMe: 10:40am On Aug 13, 2014
I saw the news of the guy that was gunned down by the police but didn't know it would get to this. But is that guy actually stealing something from the store? This reminds me of the great London riots some years back.
Yes, I remember the England riots. They tried to keep as quiet as possible in the international news as well.
Re: Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by Okijajuju1(m): 10:46am On Aug 13, 2014
Hahahahahaaaa..

And yet African Niggas be jumping ship to the Americas on a regular.. grin

Niggas be like;

1 Like

Re: Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by MayorofLagos(m): 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
You morons are blaming black america for police and white men targeting and killing them randomly. I cant believe my eyes!

A black teenager was gunned down by a white man for playing his music loud. Meanwhile every summer white men rev their harley davidson down American streets with higher decibels and ear irritating noise and no one ever kills these rebels for disturbing them with noise.

Where is the justice?

5 Likes

Re: Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 13, 2014
How e take concern me?? Na Nigeria I dey and our problem now na ebola and boko undecided
Re: Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by ShineuEye: 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
MayorofLagos: You morons are blaming black america for police and white men targeting and killing them randomly. I cant believe my eyes!

A black teenager was gunned down by a white man for playing his music loud. Meanwhile every summer white men rev their harley davidson down American streets with higher decibels and ear irritating noise and no one ever kills these rebels for disturbing them with noise.

Where is the justice?

MayorofLagos made sense and not those above him blaming African Americans for protesting at an obvious injustice. Typical Nigerian behaviour of going to another man's country and claiming it as his own. If these African American lazy so and so had not fought for their rights, I wonder which America you'd all be residing in now.

1 Like

Re: Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by abdnMe: 6:25am On Aug 14, 2014
Source: http://voices.suntimes.com/news/live-updates-unrest-in-ferguson-missouri-over-shooting-death-of-michael-brown/

Ferguson, Missouri police standoff enters 4th day

Riot police deployed smoke bombs and tear gas in the streets of Ferguson, Missouri tonight after crowds reportedly threw Molotov cocktails and rocks at police.Earlier in the day, reporters from the Huffington Post and Washington Post were arrested by police.

Al Jazeera TV crew scrambles for cover as police fire tear gas into their reporting position in #Ferguson | AP Photo

Source: http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2014/08/missouri_protests_lead_to_arre.html

FERGUSON, Mo. -- Two reporters covering the shooting of an unarmed black teen by a white police officer in a St. Louis suburb say they were arrested at a McDonald's Wednesday evening in the commercial corridor where angry protests have occurred.

Wesley Lowery of The Washington Post and Ryan Reilly of The Huffington Post say they were working in the fast-food restaurant when SWAT officers came in to quickly clear the area.
Both quickly tweeted about their arrests, detention and subsequent release without any charges.

Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson did not immediately return a cellphone message from The Associated Press seeking comment.

Earlier Wednesday, authorities urged people to confine their protests to daylight after three nights of tense confrontations, looting, tear gas and a second shooting nearby.
Re: Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by ProudUSA: 11:44am On Aug 14, 2014
It's really a sad shame. The race issue remains a major unresolved problem in America.
Re: Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by abdnMe: 1:12am On Aug 17, 2014
Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/17/us/ferguson-missouri-protests.html

Missouri Governor Declares State of Emergency in Ferguson and Orders Nightly Curfew
After a week of unrest following the fatal shooting of a black teenager by a police officer, Gov. Jay Nixon of Missouri on Saturday declared a state of emergency in Ferguson and ordered a curfew.

“We will not allow a handful of looters to endanger the rest of this community,” Governor Nixon said at a news conference in Ferguson. “If we’re going to achieve justice, we must first have and maintain peace.”

Capt. Ronald S. Johnson, the state Highway Patrol commander whose officers have overseen public security in Ferguson since Thursday, said that the curfew would begin Saturday and would run from midnight to 5 a.m. He did not say how long the curfew would last.

The announcement of a curfew prompted cries of protests from some members of the public who attended the news conference. But Captain Johnson said the curfew would be put in place and enforced.
Re: Serious Riots In US Town As Black Teen Killed By Police by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 25, 2014
BishopMagic: Niggaz gonna Nig!

This is the problem.

Black People of America are by far the most lazy, dysfunctional people on the planet. Acting like over grown kids and never taking responsibility for their actions and always looking for some lame azz excuse on why they are down. If it isn't "The Man" is holding me down or "The Man" got me on lock it is other niggaz hating on them.

Bunch of lazy ignoramus with a lot of misplaced priorities.

And what about Nigerians not taking responsibilities for the Boko Haram problem, Ebola situation, the out of control corruption and poverty like a nation should. Are Nigerians dysfunctional and lazy people without good priorities for that. Seriously stfu.

And for your information it is statistical fact that the police in America targets minorities(mainly blacks and Hispanics) more.
http://www.governing.com/blogs/view/Unwarranted-Police-Stops-Target-Minorities-Studies-Say.html

And also a fact that blacks are less likely to get hired over a white person even if that white person has a criminal record.
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/08/09/study-black-man-and-white-felon-same-chances-for-hire/

So is "The Man" is holding me down and "The Man" got me on lock" has some facts backed to it. Check and educate your ignorant self on sh*t you don't know about. And since you consider AA's so "lazy" and "dysfunctional", stop using "nigga" which was invented by those same people you call dysfunctional, nigga.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For The Wise / Lawyer Festus Keyamo Petitions SSS, IGP Over Threat To Kill Him By Tompolo / Nigerian Ambassador To The United Nations Sleeping During A UN Council Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.