Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,602 members, 7,820,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results (2225 Views)

Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari / Post Utme June Exam 2012: Answer All Question. / Nigeria's Failure As A Nation: Who's To Blame - Leadership Or Followership? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by Abagworo(m): 8:29am On Aug 13, 2014
The West Africa Examination Council, WAEC has released its May/June 2014 West African Senior School Certificate Examination, WASSCE, results, recording mass failure in Mathematics and English Language.

Announcing the results, yesterday, at WAEC office, Yaba, the Head of National Office, WAEC, Mr. Charles Eguridu said: "A total of 529,425 candidates, representing 31.28 per cent, obtained credits in five subjects and above, including English Language and Mathematics."

He noted that when compared to the 2012 and 2013 May/June WASSCE results, there was marginal decline in the performance of candidates as 38.81 per cent was recorded in 2012 and 36.57 per cent in 2013.

Eguridu, who disclosed that the results of 145,795 candidates, representing 8.61 per cent, are being withheld in connection with various types of examination malpractice said: "The cases are being investigated and the reports of the investigations will be presented in November to the Nigeria Examinations Committee, NEC.

"According to him, out of 1,692,435 candidates that sat for the examination, 791,227 candidates, representing 46.75 per cent, obtained six credits and above, just as a total of 982,472 candidates representing 58.05 per cent, obtained five credits and above.

In addition, he stated that 1,148,262 candidates, representing 67.84 per cent, obtained credits and above in four subjects, while 1,293,389 candidates, representing 76.42 per cent, obtained credits and above in three subjects.

He said out of the 161 visually-handicapped candidates, who registered for the examination, 21 of them, representing 14 per cent obtained credits in five subjects, including English language, adding, "blind candidates do not take mathematics and science practicals in the WASSCE."

In his analysis, he said: "A total of 1,705,976 candidates registered for the examination, out of which 1,692,435 candidates, consisting of 929,075 male and 763,360 female candidates sat for the examination.

"Of the total number of candidates that sat for the examination, 1,605,613 candidates, representing 94.87 per cent have their results fully released, while 86,822 candidates, representing 5.13 per cent have a few of their subjects still being processed due to some errors, mainly traceable to laxity on the part of the candidates and the schools, in the course of registration or writing the examination.

"Such errors are being corrected by the Council to enable the affected candidates get their results fully processed and released as soon as they are ready.

"Meanwhile, to curb examination malpractice, WAEC has announced the introduction of ICT-driven device which will enable supervisors and staff of the Council on duty to address and record in real time the processes on the day of the examination.

The HNO said: "With effect from the May/June 2014 WASSCE, the Council introduced a device known as Candidates Identity Verification, Attendance, Malpractice and Post Examinations Management System, CIVAMPEMS.

"This ICT-driven device enables supervisors and staff of the Council on duty, to address and record in real time the processes on the day of the examination.

"These include identity verification, capturing and recording occurrences as they happen, such as candidates' attendance and examination malpractice and transmit same to our data base.

"With this, the Council is able to generate valid examination reports for each examination centre."

He noted that the Council, beginning with the November/December 2014 WASSCE, will introduce customised, transparent mathematical sets, with in-built non-programmable scientific calculators, which conform with the rules and regulations of its examinations.

He urged all prospective candidates, for both the May/June and November/December WASSCE diets to note that, henceforth, bringing in any other non-approved mathematical set or calculator into examination halls would not be allowed.

"Models of the WAEC-customised mathematical set would be made available to schools to assist them in preparing their candidates for the Council"s examinations," he said.

He also said that "the Council, with effect from 2014 WASSCE, is introducing biometric enabled certificates.

Each certificate will have a QR code with details of the candidate's biometrics."

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/national-news/174738-mass-failure-as-waec-releases-results

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/mass-failure-waec-releases-results/
Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by Abagworo(m): 8:32am On Aug 13, 2014
2013/2014 academic session was probably the worst in Nigeria's history and guess who was in charge. Nyesom Wike was busy playing politics of fighting Governor Amaechi instead of facing his duties. ASUU strike, ASUP strike and now poorest WAEC result ever.
Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 13, 2014
^^ So how many secondary schools does the FG run besides the few unity schools? I think the heap of the blame should be on governors, including your master Rochas

9 Likes

Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 13, 2014
Abagworo: 2013/2014 academic session was probably the worst in Nigeria's history and guess who was in charge. Nyesom Wike was busy playing politics of fighting Governor Amaechi instead of facing his duties. ASUU strike, ASUP strike and now poorest WAEC result ever.

Well,the problem started in the 70's when the Govt of the day took over most schools....because ''we had the money''

Today, we don't have the money....but we have a growing population of school children....and a large number of schools that cannot be properly funded.

Leading to the phenomenon of school classes under the trees.

Also, fees are kept too low....meaning that we cannot source for funds to improve facilities.

Also, the people who go into teaching are not necessarily the best among the best (not like the good old days...where the local champion in academics went into teaching...now s/he is more likely to go into law or medicine or economics.)...and in most jurisdictions are buffered by Youth Corp teachers....who are not properly trained teachers.

Thus....the problems we have.

Solutions start by increasing funding for education drastically.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by Abagworo(m): 9:04am On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian: ^^ So how many secondary schools does the FG run besides the few unity schools? I think the heap of the blame should be on governors, including your master Rochas

This year Nigeria recorded its worst outing in WAEC and all you could call is Rochas. Will it surprise you if Imo State recorded the best result and hence exonerated from the mass failure? I guess Rochas caused the ASUU and ASUP strike as well that kept students out of school for a year.

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by Faun(m): 9:17am On Aug 13, 2014
Abagworo: 2013/2014 academic session was probably the worst in Nigeria's history and guess who was in charge. Nyesom Wike was busy playing politics of fighting Governor Amaechi instead of facing his duties. ASUU strike, ASUP strike and now poorest WAEC result ever.

Brainless i..d.iot. What were the commissioners for education in their respective states doing to improve education?
Are you aware the bulk of secondary schools in the public sector are the responsibility of the state? Why do you m0rons keep spewing garbage on the internet like this?

It's the same way putrid pieces of s..h.it like you keep blaming the president for the easy recruitment of northern citizens by the Boko Haram sect, yet nobody blames their dumb inept governors for not squaring up to their responsibilities and sending their youth to school to avoid being almajiris.
The leadership incompetence in the North has reached earth shattering levels that even the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT now has to come down and build Almajiri PRIMARY SCHOOLS for them.
Let me ask you, by right, do you even think primary education is the job of the Federal government? You think that's their f..u.cking job?
Read the constitution, you dolt! The State AND MOST ESPECIALLY Local Governments should be handling that area! But today, has anybody dared ask the North what their local government chairmen are doing? Do those people even exist?
We hear about Boko invading Gwoza, Chibok, Damboa, etc., but those places no get chairmen again?

Nigga, you are dumb.
You are so f..u.cking dumb, I feel like killing you with my bare hands for the type of brainless junk you litter this forum with.

Why not just shut up and quietly read from the sidelines if you don't have anything useful to contribute in the politics board?
Majority of you people screaming "Clueless GEJ" are actually the biggest illiterates on earth; because most of the time, those sectors you attack him for not addressing, were never his responsibilities to begin with.

6 Likes

Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 13, 2014
ITI MPATAKAS angry
Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by Abagworo(m): 10:25am On Aug 13, 2014
Education sector is dying
Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by shizzle11(m): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
^and it is Wike who is killing t? You are a big FOOL!
Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by kmariko: 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
It will be nice to know the results from each state...that way we can narrow it down to specific problem areas.

@OP it does not hurt to read the constitution under which we currently operate...
Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by Abagworo(m): 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
Faun:

Brainless i..d.iot. What were the commissioners for education in their respective states doing to improve education?
Are you aware the bulk of secondary schools in the public sector are the responsibility of the state? Why do you m0rons keep spewing garbage on the internet like this?

It's the same way putrid pieces of s..h.it like you keep blaming the president for the easy recruitment of northern citizens by the Boko Haram sect, yet nobody blames their dumb inept governors for not squaring up to their responsibilities and sending their youth to school to avoid being almajiris.
The leadership incompetence in the North has reached earth shattering levels that even the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT now has to come down and build Almajiri PRIMARY SCHOOLS for them.
Let me ask you, by right, do you even think primary education is the job of the Federal government? You think that's their f..u.cking job?
Read the constitution, you dolt! The State AND MOST ESPECIALLY Local Governments should be handling that area! But today, has anybody dared ask the North what their local government chairmen are doing? Do those people even exist?
We hear about Boko invading Gwoza, Chibok, Damboa, etc., but those places no get chairmen again?

Nigga, you are dumb.
You are so f..u.cking dumb, I feel like killing you with my bare hands for the type of brainless junk you litter this forum with.

Why not just shut up and quietly read from the sidelines if you don't have anything useful to contribute in the politics board?
Majority of you people screaming "Clueless GEJ" are actually the biggest illiterates on earth; because most of the time, those sectors you attack him for not addressing, were never his responsibilities to begin with.

We are talking of national issues and you are calling LGAs. I don't know when LGAs and SGs started dealing with ASUU or ASUP. The performance of the schools is school-depended but national and State policies affect the general performance of a country. When the Minister was busy and is still busy playing thuggery in Rivers State, how could he create the time to negotiate with ASUU/ASUP or even supervise the implementation of Government policies on education.

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by Faun(m): 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
Abagworo:

We are talking of national issues and you are calling LGAs. I don't know when LGAs and SGs started dealing with ASUU or ASUP. The performance of the schools is school-depended but national and State policies affect the general performance of a country. When the Minister was busy and is still busy playing thuggery in Rivers State, how could he create the time to negotiate with ABSU or even supervise the implementation of Government policies on education.

And since when did ASUU or ASUP start dealing with the secondary schools (which performed poorly at WAEC) or have you forgotten the TOPIC of your own thread, dumbo?
Are the state and local governments not to blame for the poor general performance of the schools under their care?
If secondary schools in Rivers State fail their general exams, who is to blame? Goodluck Jonathan the president, or Amaechi who abandoned his duties as a state governor in Rivers to go perform Taxi Driver duties for Sanusi and El-Ruffian in Abuja and Ekiti?

So, if the states are underperforming on a general level, what is Wike supposed to do? Impeach the governors?

And how did ABSU get into this discussion? M0RON!!!

2 Likes

Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by Sophiad: 4:58am On Aug 15, 2014
I went on line to check my 2014 waec result yesterday and to my surprise i failed my maths,chemistry and geography and this is my third time of writing this exam and this time my father already warned me that if i failed this last one he will never have anything to do with my schooling again,i had to contact Mr Andrew in the waec office if he could help me i gave him my waec details and just today he ask me to check and i was surprised at what i saw as the 3 subjects have been upgraded to C4 and c6 i am so happy all is due to the help of Mr Andrew and in case you need his help too just call him on 08152240666
Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by expressdr84: 5:20am On Aug 15, 2014
Why will the result no be bad, when they spend they spend 90% of there time on facebook, badoo and nairaland. Parents these days r useless with, no form of discipline or guidance.

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by chino25(m): 5:38am On Aug 15, 2014
I am Chinonso Samuel Dike, the Molester and paedophile, this is why Canada rejected me(Chino).

Anago please forgive me for my sins.

Odinma, please.

Please...

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by isoh(m): 6:52am On Aug 15, 2014
Good news to all aspiring candidates who do not
meet up with the requirements for admission into
any University in Nigeria(private University
inclusive), thinking the next logical option is applying
to a polytechnic or college of education or wait for
another UTME.
Do you know you can still gain admission into
200level come next year? Yes 200Level!
The alternative to admission into University without
UTME(Jamb) is the INTERIM JOINT
MATRICULATION BOARD EXAMINATION(IJMBE)
This program is an Advanced Level(A/Level)
course regulated and conducted by Ahmadu Bello
University Zaria. Applicants gain admission into 200
level in any of
Nigeria's private or public university that
accepts it as a criteria for admission. The program
is open for courses in Science/Engineering,Social
sciences, Arts and Humanities
The program (IJMBE) as articulated on page 4, item
2.2 of the JAMB brochure, runs for less than a year
during which candidates will receive lectures in
preparation for the final examination(coming up by
February 2015)
During the program you will be groomed
extensively on your subject combinations. The
subject combination is being determined by the
course you want to study in the University(as
applied to UTME). For instance, a student who
wants to study Law will offer Literature-In-English,
Government and Economics/ Business
administration.
The Requirements for the Program is a complete O/
Level Result (Max of 2 sittings) and 7 Passport
photographs.
Candidates with deficiency in Mathematics and
English Language can also apply as they will have
the opportunity of registering for any/both subjects.
With IJMBE, your University admission is
guaranteed simply because provisions has been
made for intensive and effective lectures coupled
with an environment that is conducive for learning.
For more info/ questions/private chat, you can
reach me on 08035812144 or log into
www.apexadvancedcollege.com

Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 15, 2014
Sophiad: I went on line to check my 2014 waec result yesterday and to my surprise i failed my maths,chemistry and geography and this is my third time of writing this exam and this time my father already warned me that if i failed this last one he will never have anything to do with my schooling again,i had to contact Mr Andrew in the waec office if he could help me i gave him my waec details and just today he ask me to check and i was surprised at what i saw as the 3 subjects have been upgraded to C4 and c6 i am so happy all is due to the help of Mr Andrew and in case you need his help too just call him on 08152240666

Mumu thief.
Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by Pataki: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2014
When the likes of shepopotamus is made a Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Education in Bayelsa, whereas the fat pig sits her ediotic being in Aso Rock, you cannot help but wonder how education is taken under this clueless leadership of Jonadaftt.

Gbagi, Wike et al, all killed the education sector in Nigeria under the doofus president. Of course, our President himself knows no better.

The shame is for us all to bear.
Re: Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 15, 2014
How do you expect this kids to pass when they all over Nairaland, Facebook & 2go constituting nuisance with their cheap tecno phones

(1) (Reply)

European MP Accuses APC Of Funding Boko Haram, Calls For Probe / Tambuwal: APC Legislators Threaten GEJ With Impeachment / 2015 Prediction Of Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.