Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,851 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Can You Give Your Life To Christ Or God Has To Give You To Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Give Your Life To Christ Or God Has To Give You To Christ? (668 Views)

Big Bang Or God? / Reno Omokri Interviews Lincoln Brewster: I Gave My Life To Christ At 19 / Adeboye, Olukoya, Oyedepo, Oritsajafor, Listen To Christ Warning & Amend Ur Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can You Give Your Life To Christ Or God Has To Give You To Christ? by Elijah78: 10:05am On Aug 13, 2014
Religion talks about us receiving Jesus. Jesus talks about Him receiving us! What an Irony??

Look at John 6:37. It goes something like this:

"All those My Father gives to Me will come to Me. And I will never reject anyone who comes to Me."

And John 6:44.

"No one is able to come to Me unless the Father draws him and gives him the desire to come to Me. Then I will raise him up from the dead on the last day."

And also see this John 6:45, This is what it says.

"As it is written in the book of the Prophets, And they shall all be taught of God and have Him for their own, personal Teacher. Everyone who has listened to the Father and learned from Him will come to Me."

Men want to think they can draw people to God and they want the people to think they can lead them to God. According to what Jesus says here, neither can be true.

When the religious evangelist come around you, they oblige you to say a prayer of salvation (scripture never said anything about a prayer of salvation so note that it is man's doctrine), they make you to understand that you are now completely saved, that God those not speak to men any more, that you can command God and have what you want, that it is about time you enjoy the goodies of this world etc.

Brethren, It is our responsibility to begin spending time alone with God so He could talk to us, teach us and draw us to Jesus.

John 6:63-66,

"It is the Holy Spirit who gives you life. You can’t get real, everlasting life through the religious efforts of your flesh. The things that I have been teaching you are of the Spirit and show you how to get this kind of life. But some of you still will not listen to me and do what I say. Now, Jesus said this because He knew from the beginning who would not follow Him and who would betray Him. Then He said, This is why I told you that no one could come to Me unless the Father allows him to come. And after this, many of them no longer followed Him."

When you look at what Jesus says in these verses in the light of everything else this is what you should conclude. We must be willing to pursue God by getting alone with Him and allowing Him the opportunity to teach us so we can learn from Him. When we do this, He sees the desire and sincerity of our hearts and sends the Holy Spirit to show us Jesus. He then gives us to Jesus and Jesus receives us. Isn’t it ironic? Religion talks about us receiving Jesus. Jesus talks about Him receiving us!

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Life To Christ Or God Has To Give You To Christ? by thorpido(m): 10:22am On Aug 13, 2014
The bible speaks about God's desire that all men should be save and come to the knowledge of the truth.
God draws men but until a man speaks,how will they know?The bible says, 'how shall they hear without a preacher?And how shall they preach except they be sent?(Rom.10:14-15)'.For them to preach means the One that sent has already drawn them!

When you preach and say receive Jesus,it's a part of a cycle that already started with God through Jesus receiving them.

There's no irony in it.
Re: Can You Give Your Life To Christ Or God Has To Give You To Christ? by Elijah78: 12:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
From the scriptures quoted i think it is right for the preacher to say ''God give sis/bros this... to Jesus, Jesus receive bro/sis this....''. The issue here is not that they should not preach, the issue is the falseness of the message, i grow up to know this ''give your life to christ'' which automatically translated to good health, prosperity, dominion, authority etc

The scripture is clear that God gives us to Jesus and Jesus receive us: John 6:44.

"No one is able to come to Me unless the Father draws him and gives him the desire to come to Me. Then I will raise him up from the dead on the last day."

I might by tempted to ask, at what point those God draws us to Jesus and Gives us to Him?

(1) (Reply)

"What Does The Bible Say About Eating Disorders (e.g., Anorexia, Bulimia)?" / Falling From Grace. / Intolerance Of Muslims On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.