Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,008 members, 7,956,733 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:41 PM

Sorry State Of Utako Motor Park Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry State Of Utako Motor Park Abuja (1458 Views)

Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt / Bomb Blast At Dadin-Kowa Motor-Park In Gombe This Night / breaking news!! Bomb Blast At Jabi Park Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sorry State Of Utako Motor Park Abuja by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 13, 2014
embarassed It was a good thing to build this park. A while ago, this place was awesome when it was new...
But the that joy was short lived. The demon of no maintenance culture has pounced on it and it's devouring it at a geometric rate.

No matter how new, cute and polished your shoes are, they "must" be soiled once you get to the entrace and subsequently on the inside.

Such a huge shame.

Minister of Transport

Abuja Municipal Area Council Chairman

Senators etc...

Pls do something.

Re: Sorry State Of Utako Motor Park Abuja by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2014

Re: Sorry State Of Utako Motor Park Abuja by Okijajuju1(m): 10:58am On Aug 13, 2014
Do what?! undecided

All the Monies they collect in that park for Levies and tickets daily, what is it used for?!
Re: Sorry State Of Utako Motor Park Abuja by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 13, 2014
Okijajuju1: Do what?! undecided

All the Monies they collect in that park for Levies and tickets daily, what is it used for?!

I think the monies are inturn channeled as revenues to the FG?
Re: Sorry State Of Utako Motor Park Abuja by Okijajuju1(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2014
emmyrichie:

I think the monies are inturn channeled as revenues to the FG?

I doubt the F.G or State Government or even Local Government sees a Penny of those Ticket, Sticker and other levies they collect from those Drivers daily. Thats purely NURTW money. Its like a Cartel of organized criminals.

The government is aware of their existence and use them for election purposes and allows them free reign to collect this toll at the park forcefully.

Now the Park is fhucked up, they should use that money to fix it.
Re: Sorry State Of Utako Motor Park Abuja by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 13, 2014
Okijajuju1:

I doubt the F.G or State Government or even Local Government sees a Penny of those Ticket, Sticker and other levies they collect from those Drivers daily. Thats purely NURTW money. Its like a Cartel of organized criminals.

The government is aware of their existence and use them for election purposes and allows them free reign to collect this toll at the park forcefully.

Now the Park is fhucked up, they should use that money to fix it.

grin " cartel of organised criminals " Guy this is hilariously wicked.

Well, since they are organised criminals as termed by you, then there's no feasibility in the quest to fix the parks up na. Abi wetin you think?
Re: Sorry State Of Utako Motor Park Abuja by Okijajuju1(m): 11:18am On Aug 13, 2014
emmyrichie:

grin " cartel of organised criminals " Guy this is hilariously wicked.

Well, since they are organised criminals as termed by you, then there's no feasibility in the quest to fix the parks up na. Abi wetin you think?

Well, you cant leave open financial drain pipes unattended like that whilst taking tak payers money to fund their operations

They either get evicted from there first before Works are done, or they should sort their problems out themselves.
Re: Sorry State Of Utako Motor Park Abuja by Tallesty1(m): 11:22am On Aug 13, 2014
Terrible
Re: Sorry State Of Utako Motor Park Abuja by seunmsg(m): 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
I was at the park last week and the state of the road leading into the park is really terrible. It's even more worrying when you realise that this is the major inter state bus park in the capital city center. The minister of the FCT should do something urgently about this park before it becomes absolutely impossible for vehicles to enter the park again.
Re: Sorry State Of Utako Motor Park Abuja by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
seunmsg: I was at the park last week and the state of the road leading into the park is really terrible. It's even more worrying when you realise that this is the major inter state bus park in the capital city center. The minister of the FCT should do something urgently about this park before it becomes absolutely impossible for vehicles to enter the park again.
Re: Sorry State Of Utako Motor Park Abuja by cronsberg: 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nigeria: A third world backward asss cesspit in west africa, just like the rest of africa. In the first place, this is not how a bus terminal(motor pack) should be like. You can't just fence an empty space, build a couple of offices and name it a bus terminal. There is a proper way of doing it, the grounds should be a couple inches of concrete paving, the structures should be reinforced concrete, the ticketing system should be automated to block any revenue leaks, the main terminal building should be completely roofed to ensure a more comfortable environment for passengers.
So there is just no way i can celebrate this mediocre "park" even when it was new. Look at what proper motor packs look like in normal climes. And this are not even the best of them

Re: Sorry State Of Utako Motor Park Abuja by bankyblue(m): 4:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
bala is busy doing nothing. imagin him fixing all the good road inside the city center eg. area 1 to area 2 road, zone 4 to wuse market etc

instead of him fix where they dont ve road @ all

supporter of APC man undecided undecided
Re: Sorry State Of Utako Motor Park Abuja by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
cronsberg: Nigeria: A third world backward asss cesspit in west africa, just like the rest of africa. In the first place, this is not how a bus terminal(motor pack) should be like. You can't just fence an empty space, build a couple of offices and name it a bus terminal. There is a proper way of doing it, the grounds should be a couple inches of concrete paving, the structures should be reinforced concrete, the ticketing system should be automated to block any revenue leaks, the main terminal building should be completely roofed to ensure a more comfortable environment for passengers.
So there is just no way i can celebrate this mediocre "park" even when it was new. Look at what proper motor packs look like in normal climes. And this are not even the best of them

Maybe that's why I'm so disappointed on siting the decay.

I wish I didn't wish so hard about things in #Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Enugu Internationa Sea Port Were Airplanes Land / James Foley's Killer Identified As Bristish Rapper Abdel-majed Abdel Bary / I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.